Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,336 members, 7,819,174 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Passport Observations,how Is This Done Or Affect Me In The Future? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passport Observations,how Is This Done Or Affect Me In The Future? (2229 Views)

A Nairaland's Observations And Comparison On A Visit To Owerri. / Negative Observations On The New Lagos Blue BRT Buses... / My Miracle And My Observations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passport Observations,how Is This Done Or Affect Me In The Future? by Evept(f): 6:11pm On Jul 29, 2008
Hi Nairalanders,
i went to the embassy to apply for a new passport with my married name and now they are telling me i only need an observation in my passport because i have an E-Passport and the passport they are issuing in the embassy at present is the old passport.

i honestly do need a complete new passport with my married name not observation and i still have my old passport,i dont know if i should go with the old passport tomorrow and only show that to them cos i know the will issue me a new one if i show them the old passport cos its a posted one but what if they discover i also have an e-passport,what will i tell ,
i was thinking of telling them its destroyed cos if i say its stolen i will need a police report ,which is a long process,
please ur advice is need.

cos i know this passport observation of a thing will affect my documents in the future,please any advice?
Re: Passport Observations,how Is This Done Or Affect Me In The Future? by sayhi2ay(m): 6:15pm On Jul 29, 2008
isn't the idea of an E-passport is to collect your fingerprint? if you go there and tell them you want a new E-passport, your info will surely pop up when they get your fingerprint again, so don't even try that
Re: Passport Observations,how Is This Done Or Affect Me In The Future? by Evept(f): 6:24pm On Jul 29, 2008
yes i know but if they see that my passport is destroyed they will have to issue a new one and beside my epassport is with my single name not my married name and i have changed my name to my married name ,so i cant have my documents with different names.
Re: Passport Observations,how Is This Done Or Affect Me In The Future? by Plum70: 6:25pm On Jul 29, 2008
sayhi2ay:

isn't the idea of an E-passport is to collect your fingerprint? if you go there and tell them you want a new E-passport, your info will surely pop up when they get your fingerprint again, so don't even try that
Precisely. The observation in your e-passport should do really. I had same in my MRP and was fine. The specificity of the e-passport is such that once data is captured on the chip it cannot be updated until theĀ  passport outlives it's span and a new chip is loaded.
Re: Passport Observations,how Is This Done Or Affect Me In The Future? by jacq(f): 7:12pm On Jul 29, 2008
Is it not better for you to travel to naija with ur old passport and secure a new one in naija,its much better than this europe one en stress free too. i did mine in 2days.
Re: Passport Observations,how Is This Done Or Affect Me In The Future? by kenflipper(m): 2:14am On Jul 30, 2008
Evept, dont complicate ur issues by going for another fresh PP, an observation will fix it, thats all u need do. Once the observation page is observed, , u can start using ur new names. If u wanna go for a new passport pls dont tell a lie about the recent one cos' ur finger print will pull u out with ur gazing pic.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Information About Canadian Deputy High Commission In Lagos / I Need An Israel Visa / Meet Iranian Man Who Has Lived In A Paris Airport Since 1988 Because He Lost His

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.