Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Where Can You Work As An International Relations Graduate? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Where Can You Work As An International Relations Graduate? (11453 Views)

Is It Advisable For A B.sc Holder To Work As A LASTMA Official? / Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank / Tackling Depression At Work As A Productivity Strategy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can You Work As An International Relations Graduate? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
What are the career opportunities for a graduate of International Relations?

Although, what comes to mind first is a career as an Ambassador, minus that please, suggestions needed.
Re: Where Can You Work As An International Relations Graduate? by infinity001(m): 7:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
Dammyoni18: What are the career opportunities for a graduate of International Relations?

Although, what comes to mind first is a career as an Ambassador, minus that please, suggestions needed.

There are so many options. Embassy, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Consulting Firm, University{Lecturer}, Multi-national agencies and companies as their International Relations Director or Personnel, also agencies like the United Nations, Unesco, Unicef, World Bank etc.

International Relations is a very viable career course with incredible opportunities.

The only prequisite to a successful career in this course is you being extremely good in what you do. Be a good communicator and constantly work on your inter-personal skills, learn and master other languages and cultures and be a good traveller. Then even the sky won't be your limit.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Where Can You Work As An International Relations Graduate? by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 14, 2013
Yh, thnx a lot. smiley
Re: Where Can You Work As An International Relations Graduate? by chaiks: 10:24pm On Nov 12, 2016
I am a graduate of international relations and history. The fact is that I love this course because of the reasons someone enumerated above. But to my surprise, since after one year of NYSC, I am yet to find something doing for a living. All efforts to secure internship in some organizations and church group like JDPC proved abortive as they kept on telling me to drop my cv that they I'll call me. Now I want you brethren to help me suggest wat to do in ds dire situation. Is there the possibility of interning in any African country even if I I'll not be paid but I'll be fed and transported? At least I I'll v gotten a practical side of my discipline. Or are there international masters grants for this course that I can apply for with a cgpa of 4.49? Sometimes I feel am under one kind spiritual influence for staying idle since last year. Please your suggestions I'll be highly appreciated.
Re: Where Can You Work As An International Relations Graduate? by Emmaesty(f): 1:23am On Nov 14, 2016
chaiks:
I am a graduate of international relations and history. The fact is that I love this course because of the reasons someone enumerated above. But to my surprise, since after one year of NYSC, I am yet to find something doing for a living. All efforts to secure internship in some organizations and church group like JDPC proved abortive as they kept on telling me to drop my cv that they I'll call me. Now I want you brethren to help me suggest wat to do in ds dire situation. Is there the possibility of interning in any African country even if I I'll not be paid but I'll be fed and transported? At least I I'll v gotten a practical side of my discipline. Or are there international masters grants for this course that I can apply for with a cgpa of 4.49? Sometimes I feel am under one kind spiritual influence for staying idle since last year. Please your suggestions I'll be highly appreciated.
Nice cgpa you've got there. What career path are you looking at exactly? Ambassador or what? You have to be clear about that so people can suggest a way out for you
Re: Where Can You Work As An International Relations Graduate? by chaiks: 11:35am On Nov 14, 2016
Emmaesty:
Nice cgpa you've got there. What career path are you looking at exactly? Ambassador or what? You have to be clear about that so people can suggest a way out for you
tnks @emmaesty for replying. Concerning career path, diplomatic path is my top priority. But right now, am open for any related path, be it in international development, defence, administration, education, multinational jobs, etc. Any suggestion I'll be highly welcomed.
Re: Where Can You Work As An International Relations Graduate? by Emmaesty(f): 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2016
chaiks:
tnks @emmaesty for replying. Concerning career path, diplomatic path is my top priority. But right now, am open for any related path, be it in international development, defence, administration, education, multinational jobs, etc. Any suggestion I'll be highly welcomed.
I think you should focus more on a career in multinationals. It will really help. Have you tried any of the big 4??
Re: Where Can You Work As An International Relations Graduate? by chaiks: 12:22pm On Nov 14, 2016
Emmaesty:
I think you should focus more on a career in multinationals. It will really help. Have you tried any of the big 4??
not really bro. I v only tried the various govt jobs advertised.
Re: Where Can You Work As An International Relations Graduate? by Emmaesty(f): 12:28pm On Nov 14, 2016
chaiks:
not really bro. I v only tried the various govt jobs advertised.
Government jobs are mostly based on connections. The big 4 are multinationals that require a minimum of 2.1 and since you have that, you can apply . Heard Kpmg is currently recruiting now.

By the way, I'm a lady.
Re: Where Can You Work As An International Relations Graduate? by chaiks: 12:41pm On Nov 14, 2016
Emmaesty:
Government jobs are mostly based on connections. The big 4 are multinationals that require a minimum of 2.1 and since you have that, you can apply . Heard Kpmg is currently recruiting now.

By the way, I'm a lady.
oh pardon for referring as a guy. You are right. I never knew they are recruiting oo. Please you got their link for app so that I I'll apply as well?
Re: Where Can You Work As An International Relations Graduate? by Emmaesty(f): 12:53pm On Nov 14, 2016
chaiks:
oh pardon for referring as a guy. You are right. I never knew they are recruiting oo. Please you got their link for app so that I I'll apply as well?
http:///2ez4kSa.
It will take you directly to the page
Re: Where Can You Work As An International Relations Graduate? by chaiks: 1:02pm On Nov 14, 2016
Emmaesty:
http:///2ez4kSa. It will take you directly to the page
tnks a mil.
Re: Where Can You Work As An International Relations Graduate? by hylyne(m): 10:39pm On Nov 14, 2016
So u studied, what u don't nothing about?

(1) (Reply)

Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? / A Teaching Job In Benin Or A Microfinance Bank Job In Lagos? / As A Federal Government Worker, How Will You Celebrate This Christmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.