Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) (23436 Views)

"Eviction Day": Nkem Owoh Grabs New Wedded 'Wife' From The Back On Set (Pics) / Mercy Johnson And Funke Akindele On Set Of New Movie / Pictures Of Ini Edo & Mike Godson On Set Of A Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by Sloan: 10:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
Ajirebi, who remembers him too? A jigi jaga? Back in the day! This was Yorubas in acting LONG before ibos sauntered into the front of a movie camera! I know you people are always trying to throw away the toga of the inferiority complex, fostered even heavier because of the fact that you lost your only war in history! It is just like the dullest student in class who always tries to answer the teacher's questions to create an impression to his fellow students that he is smart! At the end of the week or term, his ZEROS are already piling up again for another: Failure, advised to repeat class! grin grin tongue

Compare to the smartest guys in the class, you'd have no clue they are raking in 90s and 100% while you are sweating and stammering to answer the teacher's questions! LMAO >> tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sloan: Ajirebi, who remembers him too? A jigi jaga? Back in the day! This was Yorubas in acting LONG before ibos sauntered into the front of a movie camera! I know you people are always trying to throw away the toga of the inferiority complex, fostered even heavier because of the fact that you lost your only war in history! It is just like the dullest student in class who always tries to answer the teacher's questions to create an impression to his fellow students that he is smart! At the end of the week or term, his ZEROS are already piling up again for another: Failure, advised to repeat class! grin grin tongue

Compare to the smartest guys in the class, you'd have no clue they are raking in 90s and 100% while you are sweating and stammering to answer the teacher's questions! LMAO >> tongue tongue

do not tribalize this thread!
It's true though that yorubas were making great movies before ''nollywood''.

2 Likes

Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by 01mcfadden(m): 11:16pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sloan: Ajirebi, who remembers him too? A jigi jaga? Back in the day! This was Yorubas in acting LONG before ibos sauntered into the front of a movie camera! I know you people are always trying to throw away the toga of the inferiority complex, fostered even heavier because of the fact that you lost your only war in history! It is just like the dullest student in class who always tries to answer the teacher's questions to create an impression to his fellow students that he is smart! At the end of the week or term, his ZEROS are already piling up again for another: Failure, advised to repeat class! grin grin tongue

shaking my head for you!
May God console your family.
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by king94(m): 11:17pm On Dec 13, 2013

This thread is about Lere Paimo nd u ar bringing ibos into d issue. Abeg, why ar u looking 4 trouble. No need to put tribal sentiments into every issue.

1 Like

Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by whiteroses(f): 11:53pm On Dec 13, 2013
king94: This thread is about Lere Paimo nd u ar bringing ibos into d issue. Abeg, why ar u looking 4 trouble. No need to put tribal sentiments into every issue.

Na monkey him be

Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by ibkgab001: 12:12am On Dec 14, 2013
Good of you I can confirm your Nairaland handle loud and clear # over
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by lucabrasi(m): 12:28am On Dec 14, 2013
booqee: i doubt if this thread will exceed one or two pages. He's not dat popular. Anyway, he looks better in the pic, [b]the older he got the uglier he became sef[/b]
and i am sure you also have a father at home younger than the man or similar age?

2 Likes

Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by peezle: 1:46am On Dec 14, 2013
nairaland.com/1547232/through-ends

dats new(s)
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by irunmoleaiye: 3:00am On Dec 14, 2013
whiteroses:

Na monkey him be

hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by adexsimply(m): 5:10am On Dec 14, 2013
LMAO, see comments o. Nairaland!! grin grin grin
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by azpekuliar: 5:32am On Dec 14, 2013
whiteroses:

Na monkey him be

You can't even properly identify your own, Chimp!
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by akog(m): 6:08am On Dec 14, 2013
Is Der a price for does who comment first
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by megakays(m): 6:13am On Dec 14, 2013
booqee: i doubt if this thread will exceed one or two pages. He's not dat popular. Anyway, he looks better in the pic, the older he got the uglier he became sef

its unbelievable u can say something like that to an elderly person like that. Just wait for ur time too. i know somebody will talk about ur unbalanced dentures when u are old.

1 Like

Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by GentleFrank(m): 6:23am On Dec 14, 2013
Wow, that's nice !
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by PassingShot(m): 6:31am On Dec 14, 2013
funnyx: Soun Ogunlola, Ogbori elemoso...
Ogunlola oh awo yaa nuu ni.....
Oju sanma n dudu gbogbo ile lo n pooyi
O wa dabi eni pe aye o pare
Aye o ma ni pare o gbogbo wa laa re bo mii ni
Awon eyan to n bo a piwada...

^^^ You try sha.

Oju sanma ndudu gbogbo ile lo n mi ti ti

Aye o ma ni pare o gbogbo wa la o lo ile mi tuntun
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by Rottenegg1: 6:59am On Dec 14, 2013
Dude looks handsome!!
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:07am On Dec 14, 2013
booqee: i doubt if this thread will exceed one or two pages. He's not dat popular. Anyway, he looks better in the pic, the older he got the uglier he became sef
Is it because he is not Tonto Dike? He is a talented actor that was once featured in Super Story's "Oh Father Oh Daughter".

1 Like

Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by king94(m): 7:27am On Dec 14, 2013
irunmoleaiye:

YOUR GREAT GRAND FATHER, YOUR GRAND FATHER, YOUR FATHER AND YOURSELF NA MONKEY BANANA.....UNA NO GET ELDERS FOR YOUR GOD FORSAKING VILLAGE IDIOTTTTTTTTTT
She woz talking about d guy dat wanted to tribalize d thread, not Lere Paimo. Read carefully next time b4 rushing to insult cos it doesn't make u look good. Insulting over what? Abusing someone's parent is a no-no which is despicable.
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:08am On Dec 14, 2013
Yoruba people have always taken a lead role in theatre practice and film production. Think Yomi Ogunmola. Think Hubert Ogunde, who was believed to make it mandatory for members of his family and those wanting to marry his daughters to be actors and musicians like himself. He featured them in his plays and songs. Think Mbari Mbayo. These men and others were instrumental in the setting up of the first school of drama in sub-Saharan Africa. I'm talking of the Theatre Arts Department in the University of Ibadan. They and some that didn't have formal education like Orlando Owoh served as singers and palace bards. Ulli Beair and Michael Crowder worked here.
When the University of Ife was set up and its Institute of African Studies kicked off, Ola Rotimi worked as a research associate in the Drama section of the institute. Other sections were Music, Yoruba and Fine Arts. (They later became independent departments in 1975/6). In Ile-Ife, Ola Rotimi had a drama group, Ori Olukun Theatre, which premiered his plays, "The Gods Are Not To Blame", "Kurumi", "Oba Ovanrenwen Nogbaisi", "Rerun", and so on before their publications. Among his actors and other staff in the institute were: Bode Sowande, Peter Fatomilola, Akin Euba, Adeboye Onigbinde (former Super Eagles coach), Femi Robinson, Peter Badejo, Akin Sofoluwe, Tony Obilade, Muraina Oyelami and so.
Ola Rotimi had almost finished drafting the curricula of yet-to-be set up Dramatic Arts Department in 1975 when the management of the school disagreed with him over the people to head the department and the Ori Olokun Theatre group. Wole Soyinka, who was teaching comparative literature in the Department of English Studies was rather moved to head the new established Department of Dramatic Arts. Ola Rotimi left the school for the newly established University of Port Harcourt where he was offered a professorial seat in theatre arts.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by ghettodreamz(m): 9:19am On Dec 14, 2013
juman:

I think he is from ogbomosho.

If you had gone for Ijebu, you would have been wrong.

You think he's from OGbomoso?

Well, you still have two lifelines (phone a friend) and 50/50(Computer takes away 2 wrong answers,leaves one incorrect and one right answer).

Is OGbomoso, your final answer or you wanna make use of a lifeline?

gringringrin

Eda Onile Ola, is an OGbomoso man, tokan tokan 2d core
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by funnyx(m): 9:33am On Dec 14, 2013
juman:

I think he is from ogbomosho.

Yes he's from Ogbomoso, I'm from Ogbomoso too.
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by funnyx(m): 9:34am On Dec 14, 2013
Passing Shot:

^^^ You try sha.

Oju sanma ndudu gbogbo ile lo n mi ti ti

Aye o ma ni pare o gbogbo wa la o lo ile mi tuntun

Thank you bro
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by yim(f): 9:41am On Dec 14, 2013
He is an ogbomoso man and he didn't change just got older
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by ghettodreamz(m): 9:58am On Dec 14, 2013
funnyx:

Yes he's from Ogbomoso, I'm from too.

Hmmmm grin

North, South or where?
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by Xion: 10:45am On Dec 14, 2013
ghettodreamz:

Hmmmm grin

North, South or where?

I'm from the North, Ile Tukun, Apake area
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by ghettodreamz(m): 1:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
Xion:

I'm from the North, Ile Tukun, Apake area

Hmmmm.... North too grin
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by CodeHouse: 1:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
Wrong, he is a yoruba movie star actor
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by funnyx(m): 2:22pm On Dec 14, 2013
ghettodreamz:

Hmmmm grin

North, South or where?

Ogbomoso south, Isale Ajunwon @ Arowomole
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by sangresan(m): 2:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
A legend of the Nigerian film industry..When you take the Hubert Ogundes and the Duro Ladipos,then you take the Lere Paimos, the Ade Afolayans,the Eddie Ugbomahs and the Peter Edochies.#legends#
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by ijiini(m): 12:43am On Dec 15, 2013
..chai, eda
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by Nobody: 3:57am On Dec 15, 2013
Baba.
Re: Lere Paimo On Set Of A Movie In 1980 (Picture) by Aduragbemi101: 11:44am On Jan 11, 2022
When was the film, Ogbori Elomosho produced?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Notable Female Filmmakers Calling The Shots / Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria / Mo Adeniran Wins The Voice UK 2017 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.