Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! (8782 Views)

Some Common Misconceptions Nigerians Have About Other Nigerians. / Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem / Why Do Nigerians Have A Problem With Self Disclosure? Blame it on the witches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
Didn't bother to open the other thread that said Nigerians v low self esteem.
Last Bullet:
Don't know the rational behind what that person wrote.
But for you to be a Nigerian, you must v alot of guts. As difficult as things are to most Nigerians, they still survive regardless of challenges. What else can intimidate a man more than the situation of Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by Dunexxx(m): 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2013
Amaaskia: Nice!

I totally agree cheesy grin

*catwalks away shaking ass of course*

sexy mama

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Didn't bother to open the other thread that said Nigerians v low self esteem.
Last Bullet:
Don't know the rational behind what that person wrote.
But for you to be a Nigerian, you must v alot of guts. As difficult as things are to most Nigerians, they still survive regardless of challenges. What else can intimidate a man more than the situation of Nigeria?
Enough said

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by crackhaus: 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2013

cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by Oluwason(m): 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
Agree with u, Nigerians are self willed people
Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by InvertedHammer: 5:32pm On Dec 15, 2013
/
There is a big difference between having a high self-esteem

AND

Someone doing whatever because he/she has nothing else to lose.

I believe the latter is the case with Nigerians and you succinctly mistook that for high self-esteem.

How high is your self-esteem when you prefer foreigners to your kind?

\

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by shizzle11(m): 5:32pm On Dec 15, 2013
Nadia_SA1: tsek
angry
Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 15, 2013
ladionline: The great Zik taught me a song in literature: He that is down fear no fall. He that is low no pride. He that is humble ever shall have God to be his guilde. I am content with what I have, little be it or much, but God's contentment is what I crave, for that saveth much! wink
This is a poem by John *Bunyan(sp).
The Shepard boy's song

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 15, 2013
budusky05: Tomorow u will be the first to cue at poor african embersy seeking for visa, to go sell marijuana Rubish
If u get liver you for sell more than marijuana. Mind you it is legal in some countries now. One man's food is another's...
Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by shizzle11(m): 5:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
Guidette:
But what is Nigeria's highlight reel? Yes... we are the most populous black nation on earth and we pioneered the entertainment industry in Africa. We have oil and the biggest economy in Africa. Plus maybe saying we have Dangote or Alakija.
But what are our personal highlight reels for being Nigerian? My culture? My family? My friends?... There isn't anything more I can personally add on why I love being Nigerian.
We need to tell ourselves the truth.... Nigerians do not have high self esteem. If we did, we would not let our society deteriorate to the manner it has presently.

Who wants to be a Nigerian? Million dollar question. undecided

To your million dollar question..... I bet you that a million people will want to come back as Nigerians in their next life. I expect you to know why. grin
Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by Arosa(m): 6:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
High self esteem is like a delusion of grandeur, some may see it as a narcissistic tendency. (see pic below) It's irrelevant, what matters is what you do with your life. Live a fulfilling life undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by NadiaSA1(f): 6:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
shizzle11:
angry
tongue
Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 15, 2013
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed we Nigerians have over-bloated self esteem..The way Nigerians intimidate people of other Nationalities even outside the shores of their country is worrisome or should i say they are arrogant.
Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by Litmus: 6:32pm On Dec 15, 2013
I've never met a Nigerian in flesh with low self esteem. It is only in the obscurity of the worldwide web, where anyone can take on any identity that they choose, that you find cowards of all racial types, nationality and creed claiming that they are Nigerians and hate themselves. It is actually very funny if you think of it.

Blacks will allays be at the bottom because they are rendered obscene and unwholesome by jealousy.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
budusky05: Tomorow u will be the first to cue at poor african embersy seeking for visa, to go sell marijuana Rubish

My eyes hurt. embarassed
Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by MANOSUB(m): 7:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
There is a problem if you still believe that the people that made up Nigeria are Yoruba , Igbo and Hausa alone!
Idrismusty97: If only we can forget the fact that we are a yoruba,hausa or an Igbo and remember we are still [size=24pt] Nigerians!!. [/size] Our country will be much better.
Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by shizzle11(m): 7:41pm On Dec 15, 2013
Nadia_SA1: tongue
smh
Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by Idrismusty97(m): 7:43pm On Dec 15, 2013
MANOSUB: There is a problem if you still believe that the people that made up Nigeria are Yoruba , Igbo and Hausa alone!
Sorry i am speaking to the majorities. I know their are 350 ethnic groups in Nigeria if not more!.Sorry if you take it the wrong way.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by ceejay4real(m): 9:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
Hi beauty! Waadup? Can we hook up? Think i kinda like u. 4 real! My email add is dbigcee@yahoo.com. Tkia dear!

Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by nwaobitex: 10:32pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ok
Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by oraphael777(m): 11:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
Presently, I mean presently, Pls if u think of nigerians as low in anything, then u are really low! Am sorry.
Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by Caseless: 11:27pm On Dec 15, 2013
Vivly: Not entirely true.
You can't generalize like that.
sms! undecided
Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by Caseless: 11:31pm On Dec 15, 2013

where is d bum bum? undecided
Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by Zer0(m): 12:12am On Dec 16, 2013
I got a BIG, FAT ego. Thats my compensation for being a Nigerian.

Growing up, It was OK to feel inferior among my mates who had it better. Now, i am looking for a way to tone down my superiority complex when it comes to outsiders (Whites, Browns, greens).

I love this country die, and I'd wish to be a Nigerian in my next life.

Meanwhile don't tell me that being a Nigerian matters more than being Igbo, until they cease to ask for my state of origin. I remain primarily an igbo man then a Nigerian.
Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by pcaptain38(f): 12:33am On Dec 16, 2013
na so
Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 16, 2013
MANOSUB: There is a problem if you still believe that the people that made up Nigeria are Yoruba , Igbo and Hausa alone!
No need to get pedantic, as a minority I get his drift.
Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 16, 2013
Zer0:
Meanwhile don't tell me that being a Nigerian matters more than being Igbo, until they cease to ask for my state of origin. I remain primarily an igbo man then a Nigerian.

Therein lies the problem. If someone as articulate and eloquent as you holds this position, what hope has the nation for its largely uninformed tribal denizens? Does cultivating ur national identity for the greater good make u less human? Oh ok Nigeria isn't really a country but a contraption set up by the British, but why can't we play the hand fate has dealt us anyway and integrate more as madiba strove for in his beloveth south affrica?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! by ladionline: 12:15pm On Dec 16, 2013
^^The brother is talking demographic in that instance. There is always ethnic or demographic assertion and one should be understood as such and be taken as 'ethnic voicing' within Nigeria context. That's good, but suppressing this VOICE is creating a void, what would have been in place of that void is 'the Nigeria culture'. That ought to have been or the VOICE take its place. Nature abhor vacuum. What is 'the Nigeria culture' when we say no to Nigerian culture? Let us be taught without much ado to each other's 'easily understood' biases expecially when it's not of any threat or negative complex.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Other Tribes(Youraba etc) Marries At Early Stage Than The Igbos Men Why? / Who Are The Illushi People? / Marriage And Divorce Culture In Igbo Land.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.