Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion (12339 Views)

Poll: Who is a better singer?

Shania Twain: 41% (5 votes)
Celine Dion: 58% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Celine Dion: 'he Can't Eat So I Feed Him Through A Tube / Shania Twain And Jennifer Lopez: Looking Bangin’ In Bodysuits / Shania Twain Marries Her Ex-husband's Wife's Ex-husband-YUCK! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by SeanT21(f): 2:48am On Jul 30, 2008
Me and My best friend got into an argument over who was the better singer.

I said it was Shania Twain. Do not get me wrong, I love Celine Dion but Shania Songs captures my soul. Its so captivating and Beautiful.

What do Nairaland Think
?

2 Likes

Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by Nobody: 2:54am On Jul 30, 2008
Sentiments aside, Celine Dion is the better singer based on vocal range and pitch.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by coopedro(m): 11:40am On Jul 30, 2008
I sure prefer celine dion to Twain in appearance, voice, pitch, composure or whatever.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by rampant(f): 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2008
celinedion

1 Like

Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by yimiton(f): 2:08pm On Jul 30, 2008
Of course Shania Twain is the better of the two.
I think a lot of people have not listened to a lot of Shania Twain's songs, that's why they don't know what this icon is capable of doing.
She's good and totally powerful with music. I could listen to her albums a million times without getting bored.
Another thing you can't deny are the lyrics of her songs, they are some of the most beautiful I've ever heard.
I could go on and on on Shania Twain, but at the end, I think it's a matter of choice. Whatever you do, listen to her before passing your judgement.

. . . . . and the winner is . . of course Shania Twain!

3 Likes

Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by snazzydawn(f): 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2008
Shania Twain. I don't think Celine Dion has released any new song in a while, right now, I am feeling Shania very much and I think she will give Celine a run for her money.

1 Like

Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by iice(f): 5:37pm On Jul 30, 2008
stillwater:

Sentiments aside, Celine Dion is the better singer based on vocal range and pitch.

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 30, 2008
@ topic

No comparison! Celine Dion!
Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by SeanT21(f): 7:06pm On Jul 30, 2008
Celine is a better singer but Shania songs touches the soul.

I recommend From This moment. Lovely Song!!
Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by Nella(f): 8:04pm On Jul 30, 2008
Wht a hard one! I luvv dem both soo damn much! - Thank God this is not a test and I don't have to answer grin
Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by oneluvb55(f): 1:12pm On Jan 04, 2011
shania twain all the way.
luv ha songs
Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by yvp123: 2:27am On Jul 30, 2012
smileyWell Celine Dion is the stronger singer. She has a wider range and hits notes with accuracy and ease. Celine brings emotion to a whole other level when singing a slow song, but with upbeat songs her vocals find it hard to adjust. Celine Dion lacks artistic skills to compose her own songs. So she has little control over how her songs perform. Celine Dion is obviously the stronger singer. However, Shania Twain is truly an artist she wrote or co wrote her songs. Seven of which were number one on the Country Charts. Although she never topped the U.S. Hot 100 Chart her song "You're Still The One" won awards for being the most played song and most weeks at number two without reaching number one. Also Shania's songs are catchy and uplifting. She may not be a master singer, but syhe does know how to captivate your soul with her vocals. Her personality shows through her vocals. Her songs also have their own personalities. Shania holds the record for best-selling album ever by a female artist. So in my opinion Shania is the better artist.

The winner is SHANIA TWAIN!!!!!!!
FOREVER AND FOR ALWAYS SHANIA TWAIN YOU'RE STILL THE ONE

1 Like

Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by Lisa1: 4:28am On Jul 30, 2012
Agree
Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by kunlejazz(m): 5:48pm On Dec 26, 2012
Lolz, this thread is an old one but I won't forgive myself if I don't comment.

The regular music lover will prefer Celine dion but anyone with a little Musical depth will know Shania twain is better. Shania's songs communicate with the soul much more than Celine's, celine is high-pitched but Shania is a smoother, deeper and more creative musician.

In short, Celine might be a better singer but Shania is a much better Musician wink
SHANIA TWAIN all the way!

1 Like

Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by toprealman: 2:21am On Jan 15, 2016
yimiton:
Of course Shania Twain is the better of the two.
I think a lot of people have not listened to a lot of Shania Twain's songs, that's why they don't know what this icon is capable of doing.
She's good and totally powerful with music. I could listen to her albums a million times without getting bored.
Another thing you can't deny are the lyrics of her songs, they are some of the most beautiful I've ever heard.
I could go on and on on Shania Twain, but at the end, I think it's a matter of choice. Whatever you do, listen to her before passing your judgement.

. . . . . and the winner is . . of course Shania Twain!
OP if she is that good, everybody will know this your twain sister. Celine Dion is a living legend, household name and a role model to musicians.
Tell your Twain to churn out ever green classics....a new day has come!
Deep down, you know who the true winner is don't you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by Rawhumper(m): 11:10pm On May 13, 2022
You dey talk because u don't know who shania Twain is.

Google her songs and then listen to the grand mistress of all ENYA. Listen to Enya songs and come back to me later.

quote author=toprealman post=41986699]OP if she is that good, everybody will know this your twain sister. Celine Dion is a living legend, household name and a role model to musicians.
[/quote]
Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by AMGBoss(m): 4:36am On May 14, 2022
It's silly comparing both. Celine Dion has no rival till date.

1 Like

Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by toprealman: 8:30am On May 14, 2022
Rawhumper:
You dey talk because u don't know who shania Twain is.

Google her songs and then listen to the grand mistress of all ENYA. Listen to Enya songs and come back to me later.

quote author=toprealman post=41986699]OP if she is that good, everybody will know this your twain sister. Celine Dion is a living legend, household name and a role model to musicians.
No be fight brother mi . Twain gave us From this moment that I enjoy till tomorrow.
Compared to Celine Dion, I can do 6 hrs of Aunty Dion's songlist and be full recharged.
Then Enya....common, that's a different ball game. Enya is deep....amarantine, If I could be where you are, only time.
Omo, I have only seen one guy buy her CD many many moons back then. Good to know there is another fan in you.
Which are your favourite Enya tracks?
Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by Rawhumper(m): 8:46am On May 14, 2022
Almost all, but I will give u Amarantine, Book of days, Orinoco flows, Boadicea, etc.

Yeah am an ardent fan of Enya, to me the best of the best.

Magical angelic voice.

quote author=toprealman post=112815755]
No be fight brother mi . Twain gave us From this moment that I enjoy till tomorrow.
Compared to Celine Dion, I can do 6 hrs of Aunty Dion's songlist and be full recharged.
Then Enya....common, that's a different ball game. Enya is deep....amarantine, If I could be where you are, only time.
Omo, I have only seen one guy buy her CD many many moons back then. Good to know there is another fan in you.
Which are your favourite Enya tracks?[/quote]
Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by toprealman: 9:33am On May 14, 2022
Rawhumper:
Almost all, but I will give u Amarantine, Book of days, Orinoco flows, Boadicea, etc.

Yeah am an ardent fan of Enya, to me the best of the best.

Magical angelic voice.

quote author=toprealman post=112815755]
Which are your favourite Enya tracks?
She is truly magical. How long have you been a fan?
Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by Rawhumper(m): 11:23am On May 14, 2022
Over 25years, right from childhood

I sing like her, I try my best to maintain same key as hers.

I love her so much....she is my gem.

How about you?

quote author=toprealman post=112817391]
She is truly magical. How long have you been a fan? [/quote]
Re: Shania Twain Vs Celine Dion by toprealman: 11:51am On May 14, 2022
Rawhumper:
Over 25years, right from childhood

I sing like her, I try my best to maintain same key as hers.

I love her so much....she is my gem.

How about you?

quote author=toprealman post=112817391]
She is truly magical. How long have you been a fan?
No be here ooo, about the same time.....

(1) (Reply)

Eddie Murphy's Queen In Coming To America Is 50 - See What She Looks Like Now / Denrele Gay Story: Charley Boy Reacts: I Released The Photos To Spite Them / Sean Tizzle Decides To Quit Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.