Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 (13292 Views)

Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. / Nigeria Vs Bostwana - Super Eagles Friendly - (0 - 0) On Sat 12th November 2011 / Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by joseph1013: 8:57am On Dec 14, 2013
Eaglet stars Kelechi Iheanacho and Taiwo Awoniyi featured as Eagles ‘B’ defeated Prisons FC of Abuja 4-1 in a test game on Friday.

It was part of the Super Eagles preparations for the CHAN 2014 tournament in South Africa next month.

The match which was played at the FIFA Goal Project site of the National Stadium in Abuja had in attendance, Head Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi, who was returning to the squad after theWorld Cup draws in Brazil. At the end of the match the national team was 4-1 better than the Prisons team.

The game started at exactly 7:35am and was watched by a sizable crowd, who took time off activities at the Youth Games to catch a glimpse of their soccer stars.

The players started the game by observing a minute silence in honour of departed South African icon, Nelson Mandela.

The Eagles went into immediate business after referee Aniete Ukoh, signalled the start of action, with the technical crew preferring to start with newly invited players like Isah Danladi in goal, Bright Esieme, Aliyu Abubakar, Gbolahan Salami, Ezekiel Mba and Kelechi Iheanacho among others. With only five minutes of play, the Eagles had forced three corner kicks.

In the seventh minute, Iheanacho’s clever chip for goal was handled by a Prisons player inside the 18yard box and Salami promptly dispatched it for Eagles first goal. Three minutes later it could have been two or more, but Abubakar and Ezekiel wasted the chances.

Salami had to be pulled out, in the 25th minute after a crunchy tackle from the rugged defence line of the Prisons team.

Barnabas Imenger took over and acquitted himself well.

But by now the opposing team had started to gain some confidence leading to a firece shot that beat Danladi flat but was helped out by the woodworks before Chibuzor Madu hurriedly cleared off the line.

Then in a moment of magical inter-play, Imenger and Mohammed Ajia, startled the defence of Prisons for onrushing Abubakar to smash home from about 30yards. It was indeed a television goal in the 33minute.

The Eagles led 2-0 at the interval.

Keshi and his crew changed the entire team for the second half, bringing in more experienced stars like goalkeeper Dan Akpeyi, Azubuike Egwuekwe, Sunday Mba, Benjamin Francis, Rabiu Ali and Eaglets’ Taiwo Awoniyi.

Suprisingly, it was the Prisons side that took the initiative in the half by scoring from close range after a defence mix-up. Inuwa Ahmed was the goal scorer, as their midfield anchor, Stanley Emesi seemed to have seized that area from the Eagles with crisps passes and dribbles.

The goal seems to have been the tonic the Eagles needed as a corner kick taken by Kwambe was headed in by Ewguekwe, blocked by the goalkeeper, only for the same Egwuekwe to slot in with his left midway into the second half for Eagles third goal.

Oghenekavro Etebor put the icing on the cake in the 83rd minute when a fine run from Kwambe found Awoniyi, who side-stepped a defender, before laying it perfectly for Etebor to hit home in the 85thminute.

Keshi said after the game that there was still a lot of work to be done and the technical crew will do its best to mould the team into a fearsome unit.

http://mtnfootball.com/africa/african-tournaments/chan/news/dec/13-eaglets-star-as-eagles-win-4-1.html

1 Like

Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 14, 2013
I believe they will bring the Chan trophy home for the first time in Nigerian Football.
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by joseph1013: 11:15am On Dec 14, 2013
I agree. There's so much abundance of talents in our country.
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by alfredo4u(m): 2:41pm On Dec 14, 2013
ifemiide: Eaglet perform better in days of mikel obi.
But where are they now ?

Google it

1 Like

Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by IAMBREEZY: 2:41pm On Dec 14, 2013
They re all talented. players
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by Anthony0094(m): 2:43pm On Dec 14, 2013
if una win dt trophy I buy beer 4 una
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by ifemiide: 2:43pm On Dec 14, 2013
Eaglet perform better in days of mikel obi.
But where are they now ?

2 Likes

Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by Gepheral: 2:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
joseph1013: I agree. There's so much abundance of talents in our country.
Fact.
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by mauricerex: 2:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
Eagles making us proud in all ways
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by Odward(m): 2:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
those are my boiz they took after me god of soccer(for my street o) anyway more greaze to ur elbow.
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by YBNSCEO(m): 2:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
Make dem go play kano pillars jare not bunch of prisoners

3 Likes

Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by LMAyedun(m): 2:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
I believe those Boyz!
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by Boomark(m): 2:54pm On Dec 14, 2013
The doubting 'Thomases' don't know what i saw in the super EAGLETS. Most of them are fit for world cup 2014 and can easily beat our former super chickens.
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by safarigirl(f): 2:58pm On Dec 14, 2013
Boomark: The doubting 'Thomases' don't know what i saw in the super EAGLETS. Most of them are fit for world cup 2014 and can easily beat our former super chickens.
did you know they won Asamoah Gyan's club- al Ain in a pre-tournament friendly by a margin of 3-0? Yet some people will come and say they're too young. 18 year old Januzaj plays for Man Utd, by March next year, Kelechi will be 18, so what is it?

2 Likes

Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by mrphysics(m): 3:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
i love dis boys. if u like IHEANACHO AND TEAM pls LIKE

6 Likes

Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by hotmolo(m): 3:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
The boys are good
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by charliebiz(m): 3:18pm On Dec 14, 2013
Am happy for them.
more ororo to their elbows.

16th to comment. cheesy
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by GentleFrank(m): 3:27pm On Dec 14, 2013
Kudos !
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 14, 2013
Kudos to the big boss for a job well done.Although theres still a long way to go though!
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by cyril10(m): 3:33pm On Dec 14, 2013
Keshi my bro continue in your performances, don't allow anybody to derail your plans to keep succeeding.
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by Clemzy16(m): 3:34pm On Dec 14, 2013
NTA Supersport no show am ni?
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by ceejay80s(m): 3:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
Fake
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by Chartey(m): 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2013
safarigirl: did you know they won Asamoah Gyan's club- al Ain in a pre-tournament friendly by a margin of 3-0? Yet some people will come and say they're too young. 18 year old Januzaj plays for Man Utd, by March next year, Kelechi will be 18, so what is it?
Michel Bastos' club too. But i don't know if both players played that game.
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by Syenite(m): 4:33pm On Dec 14, 2013
Na prison in-mates them play against? shocked grin
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by Dannylux: 4:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
Interesting
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by Boomark(m): 5:10pm On Dec 14, 2013
safarigirl: did you know they won Asamoah Gyan's club- al Ain in a pre-tournament friendly by a margin of 3-0? Yet some people will come and say they're too young. 18 year old Januzaj plays for Man Utd, by March next year, Kelechi will be 18, so what is it?

They will also say they are not experienced as if age is what defines experience. I believe non of the eaglets will yakubu like the experienced Yakubu in front of an open keeper-free empty post.

How i wish keshi invites more of the eaglets- Yahaya and co.

You so much like football.
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by naptu2: 5:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
shocked Barnabas Imengar is still alive!
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by Knightmelvin(m): 5:26pm On Dec 14, 2013
I beg .make improve jary.they try sah
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by Macbriz(m): 5:29pm On Dec 14, 2013
For Fun, Skills and Development, I Love You
Guys: Add My BB Pin: 2686B26D
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by naptu2: 5:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
Phew! This is Barnabas Imengar Jr. I thought I'd gone crazy.

The U17 players will definitely make the world cup squad if they perform well at the CHAN.
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
angry
Boomark: The doubting 'Thomases' don't know what i saw in the super EAGLETS. Most of them are fit for world cup 2014 and can easily beat our former super chickens.

Point of correction

super vultures
Re: Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 by ukandi1(m): 7:25pm On Dec 14, 2013
naptu2: Phew! This is Barnabas Imengar Jr. I thought I'd gone crazy.

The U17 players will definitely make the world cup squad if they perform well at the CHAN.
yea , i agree with u. Thats why they are being tried.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Harry Redknapp Shuns Nigeria's Call For Super Eagles Job / World Cup: Mexico Vs Sweden - 0 - 3 (Full Time) / Breaking!!! Amaju Pinnick Sacked As NFF President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.