Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

9 Reasons I'm An Atheist. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 9 Reasons I'm An Atheist. (587 Views)

**** One Hundred And Fifty Reasons I'm Catholic**** / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Reasons I'm An Atheist. by MrTAnonymous(m): 2:22pm On Dec 14, 2013
[b]1. If we truly had one creator speaking to prophets, it would do so consistently, not contradictory as thousands of different religions have proven.

2. “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then He is not omnipotent. Is He able, but not willing? Then He is malevolent. Is He both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is He neither able nor willing? Then why call Him God?” – Epicurus

3. It is better to find your own answers and make an educated decision, than to intentionally remain uneducated and make a fearful one.

4. If I were to astonishingly find myself face to face with a supreme being, I would expect to be judged on my life as a humanist, and how I treated others, (just as most Christians plan to be judged on character, not on the actual Ten Commandments). If my positive actions were ignored, and I was instead judged on using my intelligence to doubt religious doctrines created by human sinners, I would rather be eternally punished than bow to such an unfair tyrant who made things seemingly impossible for humans to succeed at this horrific game.

5. Even though all religions exist, there is no such scientific evidence that will favor any one of them. Books written in the ancient times were by people who didn’t have an understanding of the scientific aspect of the world. They were mere observers when they wrote the books, with no evidential backing to support their claims. These books are not worthy of being taken seriously even if they have a fan base of millions. Many superstitions are still followed all over the world that is laughed upon by people from other countries. Religious followers all the time ask atheists to prove the non-existence of God but are in a fix when asked to prove the existence of God. So if no one can satisfactorily provide evidence of existence, why follow?

6. It amazes me on the amount of time religious followers spend in supporting their beliefs. They pray, chant, preach, sing hymns, bow, mumble, kneel, make unnatural movements with their bodies, wear special garments, lockets, do fast, visit swamis and gurus, visit extremely hard to reach ‘religious’ places, do pilgrimage, rituals etc. But is there any evidence that these activities promote the personal well-being of a person and give positive results? The answer is no. Many disasters have occurred in places of religious worship, followers have been brutally murdered, exposed to accidents and natural calamities. The time and energy spent in such activities is tremendous but serves little purpose.

7. I will not follow any laws or rules which teach rape, murder, and evil and to follow blindly without questioning.

8. I always strive for the truth, and anything that hinders me from doing so I cannot put my trust in.

9. What I have seen religion do to people horrifies me. Everything from people strapping bombs to their chest to murdering innocent people.[/b]

5 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons I'm An Atheist. by braine(m): 2:41pm On Dec 14, 2013
I agree. But then how do you explain the spiritual evil that exists? Coz, since that exists, it means theres something greater.
Re: 9 Reasons I'm An Atheist. by Ajibam: 2:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
congratulations. cool
Re: 9 Reasons I'm An Atheist. by oyeludef(m): 3:34pm On Dec 14, 2013
clap for urself. it means creation created itself
Re: 9 Reasons I'm An Atheist. by MrTAnonymous(m): 4:10pm On Dec 14, 2013
braine: I agree. But then how do you explain the spiritual evil that exists? Coz, since that exists, it means theres something greater.
I don't believe in anything supernatural. No miracles, gods, devils, demons, heaven, hell, psychics, levitation, prayer, aliens, etc...
Also note that Soul is confused with consciousness. Soul must be non physical unless you can locate it.
If christains gets evidence for any of the above, my belief-o-meter will change.

N.B.-Evil comes from ones brain, not an entity.
Re: 9 Reasons I'm An Atheist. by Ranchhoddas: 4:22pm On Dec 14, 2013
No 4 is epic sir...i mean,why ignore all the positives u've done and concentrate on the negatives?what kind of judge does that?. In fact,i'm saving this thread.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Th Dividend Of Godliness / I Introduce,to You, The God Of Sleep And Thirst / UNDERSTANDING RESTITUTION ( Part 2 )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.