Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Which Standard Will You Raise Your Children By?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Standard Will You Raise Your Children By?? (789 Views)

Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? / African Parents In Diaspora: How Do You Raise Your Children In African Way? / Father Of 22 Children By 14 Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Standard Will You Raise Your Children By?? by erad(m): 4:09am On Dec 15, 2013
Hello guys,
I'm just a normal guy brought up in Christianity but whom during years of growing up started noticing and experiencing things I was made to believe were wrong while I was young in Christianity. Things like double standards, hypocrisy, being judgemental, not to mention but a few.

I discovered religious standards are compromised by the same religious people every single day and I had to use moral standards most times to put things in other.

Now this is my question....
Giving options to raise your kids by moral or religious standard, which will you choose to raise them by and why?

I'lll pick moral standard anyday because I believe it's very specific and can't be manipulated like religious standard.

But what will be your choice and why?
Re: Which Standard Will You Raise Your Children By?? by Illuminatus(m): 7:27am On Dec 15, 2013
Moral.
Religious standards can be compromised and twisted by the religious leaders to fit their view.
Re: Which Standard Will You Raise Your Children By?? by Kewt: 8:42am On Dec 15, 2013
erad: Hello guys,
I'm just a normal guy brought up in Christianity but whom during years of growing up started noticing and experiencing things I was made to believe were wrong while I was young in Christianity. Things like double standards, hypocrisy, being judgemental, not to mention but a few.

I discovered religious standards are compromised by the same religious people every single day and I had to use moral standards most times to put things in other.

Now this is my question....
Giving options to raise your kids by moral or religious standard, which will you choose to raise them by and why?

I'lll pick moral standard anyday because I believe it's very specific and can't be manipulated like religious standard.

But what will be your choice and why?

Moral standards. Largely because what is morally right can hardly be religiously, socially or lawfully wrong. infact, most religions draw up standards from morals.

it also helps the child have a balanced view instead of eventually turning out to be a fanatical bigot.
Re: Which Standard Will You Raise Your Children By?? by erad(m): 8:54am On Dec 15, 2013
Kewt:

Moral standards. Largely because what is morally right can hardly be religiously, socially or lawfully wrong. infact, most religions draw up standards from morals.

it also helps the child have a balanced view instead of eventually turning out to be a fanatical bigot.

Hehehehe... These bigots are really bad business for any society still trying to achieve some level of development such as Nigeria. They have very myopic views that can do nobody any good.
Re: Which Standard Will You Raise Your Children By?? by chiketee(m): 8:57am On Dec 15, 2013
Moral standards of course, or rather humanist moral standards. My child should know not to steal because of the effects and disrespect it would cause to the owner of the property not because he/she would burn in hell. My child should learn that all humans should be accorded respect and treated cordially irrespective of the social, religious, racial status. Religious morals is really pretentious morals because ppl don't have innate understanding of why certain things shouldn't be done other than it was written by God
Re: Which Standard Will You Raise Your Children By?? by bellong: 11:12am On Dec 15, 2013
The golden rule is the best way to raise your children. "Do unto others as you want to be treated.."
Re: Which Standard Will You Raise Your Children By?? by Kanwulia: 11:49am On Dec 15, 2013
Right now I let them go to Church like I was tortured as a kid. I want them to EXPERIENCE it all. As soon as they are ready aka when they have their first crisis in life, I shall help them understand the fraudulent concept of religion. For me, going to church provides an avenue of socialization. I love my home QUIET for 2 hours EVERY SUNDAY!!!!

When the time comes, I would ask them to examine the lives of 'religious' people compared to mine. If any religious person lives better than I do, then they have it made! grin
Re: Which Standard Will You Raise Your Children By?? by erad(m): 12:15pm On Dec 15, 2013
Kanwulia: Right now I let them go to Church like I was tortured as a kid. I want them to EXPERIENCE it all. As soon as they are ready aka when they have their first crisis in life, I shall help them understand the fraudulent concept of religion. For me, going to church provides an avenue of socialization. I love my home QUIET for 2 hours EVERY SUNDAY!!!!

When the time comes, I would ask them to examine the lives of 'religious' people compared to mine. If any religious person lives better than I do, then they have it made! grin

Lol. Isn't that a little direct. All my dad did was just let everyone be at a certain age. Harmless religious discussions arose and he made us see how irrational and hypocritical religious people can be though indirectly. We made our decisions and we are better for it.
Re: Which Standard Will You Raise Your Children By?? by Kanwulia: 12:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
erad:

Lol. Isn't that a little direct. All my dad did was just let everyone be at a certain age. Harmless religious discussions arose and he made us see how irrational and hypocritical religious people can be though indirectly. We made our decisions and we are better for it.

But children are too young to understand. Let them enjoy the 'DELUSION'. I use it to my advantage for now. grin
Re: Which Standard Will You Raise Your Children By?? by Kanwulia: 12:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
erad:

But children are too young to understand. Let them enjoy the 'DELUSION'. I use it to my advantage for now. cheesy
I will wait till God does not pay their school fees! grin
Re: Which Standard Will You Raise Your Children By?? by erad(m): 1:27pm On Dec 15, 2013
Kanwulia:

But children are too young to understand. Let them enjoy the 'DELUSION'. I use it to my advantage for now. cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: Which Standard Will You Raise Your Children By?? by ifyalways(f): 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
Kanwulia:

Mu che che. cheesy
Re: Which Standard Will You Raise Your Children By?? by Kanwulia: 4:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
Una dey laugh?

Muhehehehehe

I plan to have a damn gooooooood time at their expenses! But, I will wait till their 'psychological shock-absorbers' have ONLY JUST began to mature! BY THE TIME I FINISH WITH THEM HUHN, if dem hear RELIGION, dem go catch convulsion!!!! grin
All I tell them like my parents told me is to "FAST AND PRAY" to get ANYTHING I WANT, which THEY PROVIDED, by 'HIS GRACE AND MERCY"!

Ha!!! ALL LIES!!!! cheesy
They worked their azzzzes of off!
RELIGION KO, RELIGION NI!!!
Shiooooooor!!! kiss
Re: Which Standard Will You Raise Your Children By?? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Kanwulia: Una dey laugh?

Muhehehehehe

I plan to have a damn gooooooood time at their expenses! But, I will wait till their 'psychological shock-absorbers' have ONLY JUST began to mature! BY THE TIME I FINISH WITH THEM HUHN, if dem hear RELIGION, dem go catch convulsion!!!! grin
All I tell them like my parents told me is to "FAST AND PRAY" to get ANYTHING I WANT, which THEY PROVIDED, by 'HIS GRACE AND MERCY"!

Ha!!! ALL LIES!!!! cheesy
They worked their azzzzes of off!
RELIGION KO, RELIGION NI!!!
Shiooooooor!!! kiss
lwkmd grin well,i dont believe in religion and church people,honestly because if you consider their behavious towards others e.g hyposcrisy etc,you will not be encouraged to go to church or worship God but i suggest you make them know there is a God and he answers prayers.at least they should know God on a personal basis.

2ndly,asking your kids to compare your life with other church folks doesnt make any difference because like i said earlier,there is a lot of hypocrisy in the church and its not everyone that goes to church that is really genuine.some visit witch doctors,hang all manners of disgusting charms on their bodies,eat concortion and on sunday they will be the one to wear gele and say bless you sister,speak in tongues,sayit is well etc.i dont know of religion o but christianity is an INDIVIDUAL thing abi on what basis do you want them to compare
Re: Which Standard Will You Raise Your Children By?? by Nobody: 1:55am On Dec 16, 2013
The essence of Religion is Teaching ''Morals'' and Living ''Morals'' combined with worshipping and Praising God(Absoluteness) !!

Moral differs across nations, as such, Morals here is abomination elsewhere !!

Therefore, the Moral standard of my children shall be built on Religion doctrines which states :

''Be your Brothers Keeper'' ;

''Do unto Others as you want it done Unto You '' ;

''Thou shalt not Judge anybody as your Life is your Life and Theirs is Theirs''

''Be Just and Humanitarian'' !!!

And so on ......

(1) (Reply)

The Day My Mother Died / A Man Sold 2 Of His Late Brother's Children / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.