Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started (14761 Views)

Your First Nairaland Topic That Made Front Page / What Was Your First Nairaland Post? Remember? / First Nairaland Joke In Tongues! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by vanguard1(m): 9:16am On Dec 15, 2013
Its barely two weeks or so before we kiss goodbye to this year and after due consultation and deliberation, I decided to open up this thread so as to award our members who have played distinct roles in Nairaland. This award will be a total contrast to the awards been organized by moderators in Nairaland and also will pride as the first of its kind.
The objective of the award is to recognise who played a very good role in ensuring the freeflow of personalities in Nairaland and also who their contributions and criticisms towards the moderators made Nairaland much more comfortable for the average monicker. It also features that most peaceful nairalander who rather than been troublesome when things got wrong prefered to use the round table approach, sequel to this above, I have mapped out the following categories for the award;
1.THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL NAIRAlANDER:this award will go to that nairalander who criticised the mod when they made the wrong moves not just for his own gain but for the profit of the whole nairalanders....open to only members

2.THE MOST PEACEFUL NAIRALANDER: this award goes to that Nairalander who treated the mods with the respect they deserve as well as the moderator who treated the members with respect hence it is open to both moderators and members.

3. THE MOST ACTIVE MONICKER: At the begining of this year, a thread was opened about monickers that will be active this year, sequel to that, we have decided to reward that Nairalander who is seen contributing wisely and intelligently in almost every thread with utmost consistence......open to members only

4. THE MOST DETRIBALISED NAIRALANDER: this award goes to that nairalander who chose to look beyond tribe when commenting on nairaland. It is open to both moderators and members.

5. THE BEST MALE MONICKER: it goes to that nairalander who's e-disposition gives credence and honour to the male members of Nairaland......open to both members and moderators.

6.THE BEST FEMALE MONICKER: this goes to that nairalander who's e-disposition gives credence and honour to the female folks on Nairaland......open to both members and moderators.

7. THE MOST LEVEL-HEADED MODERATOR: this award goes to that moderator who have refused to be intoxicated by absolute E-power hence treats members with respect and fairness......it is open to only moderators, seun inclusive.

The award will follow two patterns, the nomination and the voting.

THE NOMINATION: it will be done by the judges who will be selected and unveiled in few hours time. Each judge will have the exclusive right to nominate two nairalanders for each category after
Which a very brief nairaland profile of each nominee will be published. The judges can nominate themselves or nominate within themselves.every nairalander with a monicker is eligible to be nominated in asmuch as he is eligible for the relative category. Any monicker can be nominated in the different categories as much as possible.

THE ACTUAL VOTING: the actual voting will be open to every nairalander and will be done with different threads for different categories. However, the frequency of voting will be determined by the judges.

REWARD: apart from the joy that comes with been appreciated, each awardee will be entitled to an airtime worth of N500 which will be provided by an anonymous donor. The airtime pin will be deposited to seun or any other person the judges think has integrity to provide the rewards when needed,this is to ensure transparency and fairness. Not minding how little the reward is, we pray that the awardees will accept it with good fate and heart,this is the much we can guarantee, subsequent edition will come with better rewards.

The judges: the judges will be four in number and will be tasked with collating the results of the voting as well as ensuring and maintaining the integrity of the mother thread and the voting thread. They will be unveiled in due course. They are eligible to vote, voted for and be nominated. They will be made up of two active members, one moderators and one supermoderato/admin.

THE HOST: I will play the role of the host and will attend to people's ideas,criticisms and reservation and have an oversight function over the day to day running of the mother thread and the voting threads. Am not eligible to be nominated,vote and be voted for.

Voting links:
https://www.nairaland.com/1559519/nmat...nomination-thread-best-female-monicker

https://www.nairaland.com/1559526/nmat-award-most-detribalised-nairalander#20292037[/quote]

https://www.nairaland.com/1559495/nmat....nomination-thread-best-male-monicker

https://www.nairaland.com/1559503/nmat-award-most-active-moniker#20291556[/quote]

https://www.nairaland.com/1559533/nmat...nomination-thread-most-level-headed#20292249

most controversial Nairalander www.nairaland.com/1559453/nmat-award.......the-most-controversial-nairalander

www.nairaland.com/1559492/nmat....most-peaceful-nairalander
Go to the voting links to see the final nominees.

2 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by dryakson(m): 9:27am On Dec 15, 2013
That's a good move
Can I nominate mine now?
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Eseharrison(m): 9:27am On Dec 15, 2013
2nd to comment grin hope I get an award
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 15, 2013
Op_ maybe later i go reason ur matter
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Prymestrr(m): 9:35am On Dec 15, 2013
Nice concept op... Make i still follow ur mara sha!
Shebi i fit nominate myself 4 most peaceful nairalander ni!
I be mandela's protege o!grin
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by vanguard1(m): 9:41am On Dec 15, 2013
dryakson: That's a good move
Can I nominate mine now?
Nomination is an exclusive right of the judges.....
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by vanguard1(m): 9:42am On Dec 15, 2013
Danielstainz: Op_ maybe later i go reason ur matter
Okay, but please don't derail
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by vanguard1(m): 9:44am On Dec 15, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:
Nice concept op... Make i still follow ur mara sha!
Shebi i fit nominate myself 4 most peaceful nairalander ni!
I be mandela's protege o!grin
But please don't derail.
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Chomzy19(f): 9:46am On Dec 15, 2013
Nice one... Perching around like a fly
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by vanguard1(m): 9:48am On Dec 15, 2013
Brothers, please don't derail these thread. If you have suggestions or complaints you can do so here but please make sure it is not derogatory. Please the mod should help us out.
The judges would be unveiled on or before 6pm, monday the 16th of december 2013.
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by wesley80(m): 9:51am On Dec 15, 2013
The 'Most controversial NLder should be the most controversial Nairalander not someone that advocates for the rights of Nairalanders. I dont see how advocating for peoples rights makes anyone 'controversial. Maybe you need to add an extra award say for Nairalands number 1 advocate while retaining the most controversial person award but letting it be for a 'controversial' poster. Just a thought, meanwhile good initiative.

7 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by ignis: 9:52am On Dec 15, 2013
Can I nominate myself?
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Prymestrr(m): 9:55am On Dec 15, 2013
vanguard1:
Nomination is an exclusive right of the judges.....
So what should we do then? I mean, how do we partake in this exercise then if the judges alone are 2 nominate coz i think we know ourselves more than our mods potential judges do... MEAN NO OFFENSE!
vanguard1:
But please don't derail.
Ok sir! Won't be doing dt here.
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Alikaxon(m): 10:07am On Dec 15, 2013
Let me see how the end turns out. I'm the "ALIKAXON" of nairaland, with the finest username. I norminate myself.
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by vanguard1(m): 11:07am On Dec 15, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

So what should we do then? I mean, how do we partake in this exercise then if the judges alone are 2 nominate coz i think we know ourselves more than our mods potential judges do... MEAN NO OFFENSE!
Every nairalander is allowed to nominate but the judges have the final say in the nomination hence they are the people to nominate the most suitable candidates from the ones nominated by various nairalanders.however, the voting process will be open to every nairalander while the judges will just serve as collation officers.
The judges will be four in number...one representative of seun or seun himself, one moderator of the general section and two nairaland members.Hence the judging process is not reserved for the mods only.

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by vanguard1(m): 11:10am On Dec 15, 2013
wesley80: The 'Most controversial NLder should be the most controversial Nairalander not someone that advocates for the rights of Nairalanders. I dont see how advocating for peoples rights makes anyone 'controversial. Maybe you need to add an extra award say for Nairalands number 1 advocate while retaining the most controversial person award but letting it be for a 'controversial' poster. Just a thought, meanwhile good initiative.
That's a well thought out suggestion, we will look into it. Thanks all the same.
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by vanguard1(m): 11:12am On Dec 15, 2013
Alikaxon: Let me see how the end turns out. I'm the "ALIKAXON" of nairaland, with the finest username. I norminate myself.
Please don't derail, however, you are eligible to win in any of the categories.
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 15, 2013
OK, nice points...So, how does one become a judge and when is the nomination session starting??
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Alikaxon(m): 11:27am On Dec 15, 2013
vanguard1:
Please don't derail, however, you are eligible to win in any of the categories.
am eligible to win; sounds hopeful. I just need the name and prestigue, forget about the money or airtime. I hope the judges woun't be the ones grudging sentiments against me.
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Enkaynwa(f): 11:48am On Dec 15, 2013
Make i catch space first.
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by vanguard1(m): 11:51am On Dec 15, 2013
KingMEXX: OK, nice points...So, how does one become a judge and when is the nomination session starting??
The judges would be unveiled soon and will be people who are active on nairaland.
The nomination process will commence tomorrow after the judges have been unveiled. The members slot remains one and if you wish to fill it, Identify and we will look into your profile and know if we can consider you. How active you are on nairaland determines if you will be selected as a judge.
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by vanguard1(m): 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
Mukina2, I implore you to move the thread to front page so that it can get enough publicity necessary for its success...Thanks as I patiently await your
Favourable reply and action.
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Prymestrr(m): 12:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
vanguard1:
The judges would be unveiled soon and will be people who are active on nairaland.
The nomination process will commence tomorrow after the judges have been unveiled. The members slot remains one and if you wish to fill it, Identify and we will look into your profile and know if we can consider you. How active you are on nairaland determines if you will be selected as a judge.
That would be nice. If i can't make it as a nominee 4 d most level headed or d most peaceful then, i may as well apply as a judge.
Go ahead n do ur appraisal of my profile if u'll... I'm a young but quite consistent player in here. I'll fit the position of a judge most adequatelygrin
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by DesChyko1(m): 12:27pm On Dec 15, 2013
Most Level Headed Moderator.. Look no further than 'Fynestboi' of Education Sector.. The best there is..

4 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by vanguard1(m): 12:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
Most Level Headed Moderator.. Look no further than 'Fynestboi' of Education Sector.. The best there is..
That is for the voters to decide, that's if he scales the nomination hurdle. When the time comes, remember to vote for him.

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by vanguard1(m): 12:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
All preparations have been set in place and will roll out as soon as seun gives us the go ahead. He will communicate via writing and will be posted on this thread for all to see.he will also appoint a representative who will fill in his slot in the panel of judges.
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by xxxtedyxxx(m): 12:59pm On Dec 15, 2013
abs
..who na no include romance section ;Dabs
..who na no include romance section
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Caracta(f): 12:59pm On Dec 15, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:

My run-away friend cheesy
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
Perhaps, the OP should have first let the admin in on this initiative. undecided
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by lastmanstandn(m): 1:20pm On Dec 15, 2013
About to get fun. #grabsPopCorn
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by vanguard1(m): 1:22pm On Dec 15, 2013
idnoble135: Perhaps, the OP should have first let the admin in on this initiative. undecided
Its a honest fact but due to time constraint, I decided to run everything simultaneously. We need to have winners before the 25th of this month.
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by vanguard1(m): 1:24pm On Dec 15, 2013
Enkaynwa: Make i catch space first.
Welcome...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why I Prefer Romanceland / Hw Do U Call Dis(pixs) / Why Is It That Nigerians Don't Like Paying For Services.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.