Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Who Is A Mugu Or Maga? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who Is A Mugu Or Maga? (14787 Views)

Nigerian Men And This "Mugu" "maga" Thingy Is Getting Soo Effing Stu..pid / Diary Of A Smart 'mugu' - A scammers worst nightmare / Have U Met Babes Online Looking For Mugu.share Ur Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Mugu Or Maga? by harakiri(m): 7:44pm On Jan 17, 2010
This term in local parlance has been going around for years and the way i see it, it means different things to various people.To some, it means a victim of fraud.To some, it means someone who's a "Mr nice guy" and to many, it means someone who's not street smart.In my view, i feel that the general definition of "mugu" means someone's who's free with his/her money and i am saying this from personal experience.

A lot of people (sadly Nigerians) are very ungrateful and petty.You cannot help anyone or render some measure of assistance to anybody without being looked upon as a "mugu".Some dumb relative comes to you one day with some story and needs help, you write a check and he's back in two weeks with a more elaborate story and more help needed.If you still help out, you are regarded as a fool. . .if you don't, they scandalize your repute all over the place.Why do people do this?Does this mean that it's wrong to help people out without being disrespected? From my point of view, NO ONE DESERVES TO BE HELPED (sorry to say. . .but especially my fellow Nigerians).They take every good thing for granted.Why?

All responses both positive and derogatory are anticipated and therefore welcome.
Re: Who Is A Mugu Or Maga? by harakiri(m): 5:08am On Jan 19, 2010
Views climbing up and no comments?
Re: Who Is A Mugu Or Maga? by PurestBoy(m): 3:23pm On Jan 19, 2010
You ofcourse
Re: Who Is A Mugu Or Maga? by harakiri(m): 4:20am On Jan 21, 2010
You ofcourse

How?

(1) (Reply)

Is The Dollar Cell Click A Link And Get A Dollar Real? Pls Share Your Exp. / What Is Your New Year Resolution? / The Bigger The Butt, The Longer You’ll Live, New Research Shows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.