Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Boy Finds Lizard In Loaf Of Bread! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boy Finds Lizard In Loaf Of Bread! (1172 Views)

Zimbabwe: Mugabe Succession Wars - Minister Finds Live Bullet In His Hotel Room / Ben Carson Finds A Way To Make White House Spokesman Speechless / Man Finds His Stolen SUV With Help From Google Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boy Finds Lizard In Loaf Of Bread! by NoContract(m): 1:01pm On Dec 15, 2013

A HORRIFIED boy found a dead LIZARD in his Tesco toast as he munched his breakfast.

William Evans, 10, screamed in terror after making the gruesome find - bringing his dad Marcus running from upstairs.

Outraged Mr Evans, of Hawkchurch, near Axminster, Devon, said: "The poor little lad was absolutely traumatised by it.

"He went to take a slice off for some toast, turned the loaf over and found the lizard stuck on the bottom."

He added: "It was one of Axminster Tesco's baked in-store, multi-grain brown loaves.

"The lizard had not been cooked so it must have got into the packaging and died there.

"You could see the impression of its body in the bread so it must have been warm when he got in."

William, a pupil at Hawkchurch Primary School, said: "I was making some toast and cut off a slice when I saw something that looked like a leaf.
"So I took the wrapping off and found the lizard inside.

"It certainly put me off my toast!

"It was about two to three inches long."

His mum Clare said it would have been even worse if William had sliced through the end with the lizard on it - and eaten it.
"That would have been even more distressing," she said.

Mr Evans, a volunteer church worker, said they had alerted Tesco's customer service department.

He said they told him it was impossible for a lizard to get in one of their loaves because of their high level of hygiene
"I am surprised they didn't tell me 'every little helps'," said angry Marcus.

"They have asked me to take it into the manager but I am thinking of contacting environmental health officers.
"We are keeping the lizard and loaf in the fridge for evidence."

A Tesco spokesman said: "We have conducted a thorough inspection of the bakery area as well as the rest of the store.

"We are confident that our robust procedures mean that there was no food safety risk to the product whilst it was within the store.

"If the customer would like to return the product, packaging and proof of purchase to us, we will be able to investigate further."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2175220/Schoolboy-10-finds-reptile-Tesco-loaf-bread.html
Re: Boy Finds Lizard In Loaf Of Bread! by lomprico(m): 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2013
That's one ugly boy! grin
Re: Boy Finds Lizard In Loaf Of Bread! by weazley(m): 3:36pm On Dec 15, 2013
Y d lizard resemble scorpion?
Re: Boy Finds Lizard In Loaf Of Bread! by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
Wait till the regulars come, comments will be like, "na him village people send am," "ETT," "That boy should go see pastor Chris" etc

(1) (Reply)

America's Hegemony Coming To An End!!!! (photo) / Vandals Destroyed Graves Of War Heroes On D-day Anniversary / Ukraine-born Oligarch Mikhail Watford Found Dead At Home In Surrey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.