Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,944 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Violence In Marriage - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Violence In Marriage (7860 Views)

How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? / How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violence In Marriage by RoyaleR(m): 10:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

As wives, we owe it to ourselves to understand our husbands - the man we marry and plan to spend the rest of our lives with. She married him and with three kids let's assume they've been married for over 5 years. More than enough time to know when enough is enough.
If u know me credit me
I repeat, things wouldn't have gone that far if she'd kept schtum. How feasible is it to sustain an argument with a spouse when the other one keeps solidly quiet? Na craze? She brought that beating of her life upon herself.

Just because my man is calm doesn't mean I'll go all out to push all his buttons - to the point of endangering our lives and that of our kids. Credit me with some common sense please.
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 10:10pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chillisauce:

Pulling her out not same as beating her up. I will gently come down, look for rope and masking tape, tie her up like a mentally chanllaged person.

You don't beat up a mentally challenged person na

You just don't get it, do you?

The fact that you admit you'll gently come down says a lot about your personality - that you respect yourself!

Madam big mouth didn't even want to come out of the car. She had to be pulled out, probably cursing and swearing. I can almost picture the scene. Even when out of the car, she must have continued raining insult upon insult upon that man. Nor be craze? Obviously the man couldn't reason with her and just had to slap some sense into her thick skull.

steph7: How, if I may ask? what about if he had killed her in the process

Really?

What if he had had a fatal accident because he took his eyes of the road because of her?

coogar:

beating well-deserved.
she verbally abused her husband before her kids, it's only fair she got physically battered before her kids too.

now the kids know if they run their mouths disrespectfully, they might get punished for it. verbal/physical abuse are the same thing. next time, she will learn to shut up when her husband tells her to.

Thank you!

She asked for it, she got it - so why are kulyie and co shouting foul??
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

No.

@OP said he witnessed the drama between fishy mouthed wife and her hubby.

You must be the woman that got beaten up by the husband. @OP had no way of knowing that fishy mouthed wife is a nlander who'll read her story.

I can understand why you're irked by this.
Abegi, I'm innocently on my own in another part of the world, you and who is standing on an expressway getting totured by a wayward husband? lols

your jokes are getting drier with each passing post

Actually glad the mood is lighter now

But if you know where you lock Efe, release am now ogrin

2 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

You just don't get it, do you?

The fact that you admit you'll gently come down says a lot about your personality - that you respect yourself!

Madam big mouth didn't even want to come out of the car. She had to be pulled out, probably cursing and swearing. I can almost picture the scene. Even when out of the car, she must have continued raining insult upon insult upon that man. Nor be craze. Obviously the man couldn't reason with her and just had to slap some sense into her thick skull.

Really?

What if he had had a fatal accident because he took his eyes of the road because of her?
Which is why you shouldn't drive while you are angry, when he was getting angry he should have parked at the side of the road, told her to come down or give her the car keys, take the children and go home.

2 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2013
coogar:

beating well-deserved.
she verbally abused her husband before her kids, it's only fair she got physically battered before her kids too.

now the kids know if they run their mouths disrespectfully, they might get punished for it. verbal/physical abuse are the same thing. next time, she will learn to shut up when her husband tells her to.
what shocked shocked shocked so people with animalistic tendencies have not finished in nigeria shocked ( pardon my language,i was shocked and still very shocked)

see the person i was even vouching for o.why do people believe in violence so much.no wonder the boko haram guys will not stop doing their thing,opc guys will not stop doing their thine e.g the people that poured pepper into a woman genitals for stealing ordinary useless pepper,niger delta militants too wont stop wrecking havoc.
Violence left right and centre.everybody just thinks fists solves all things.

The nonsense that man performed can he do it in other civilized and normal society without getting locked up shocked is it not because here in nigeria anything goes.anybody can just take laws into their hands as if we are living in a jungle abi zoo instead of a territorial entity.nawa o shocked

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efe , come here and give me a hug cry kiss

O to be, o to be , arindin oshi obirin, brainless fool instigating fight in presence of her kids, if it were me, I would twist her lips till it lose it's elasticity. Anofia

#dancing to Christmas Island grin
Re: Violence In Marriage by RoyaleR(m): 10:15pm On Dec 15, 2013
Tailor sew some people mouth

2 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 10:15pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: is a lie.violence cannot save lives,infact violence leads to revenge and worse things.if nelson madela the world celebrates today decided to go into violence to get back at the people that jailed him for 27 years,wouldnt lives not have been lost,including innocent ones.me i have not seen where violence saves lives o shocked

He stopped driving (prevention of accident)

He beat her to shut her gob (and drive home his point too).

Actually Kulyie, you surprise me. You're Yoruba - aren't you guys one of the most respectful people in that country?

How then can you support that woman's bad mouth to her husband in front of their kids??
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2013
Nairalanders need liberation from the African and Religious sentimentalism.

5 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: what shocked shocked shocked so people with animalistic tendencies have not finished in nigeria shocked ( pardon my language,i was shocked and still very shocked)

see the person i was even vouching for o.why do people believe in violence so much.no wonder the boko haram guys will not stop doing their thing,opc guys will not stop doing their thine e.g the people that poured pepper into a woman genitals for stealing ordinary useless pepper,niger delta militants too wont stop wrecking havoc.
Violence left right and centre.everybody just thinks fists solves all things.

The nonsense that man performed can he do it in other civilized and normal society without getting locked up shocked is it not because here in nigeria anything goes.anybody can just take laws into their hands as if we are living in a jungle abi zoo instead of a territorial entity.nawa o shocked
Abeg make your pressure no rise o. For something to continue, they must be enjoying it. Wetin concern me. I don talk my own Sha. Na today u know say Naija na jungle.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena, you need to shut up now!sad

6 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 10:19pm On Dec 15, 2013
steph7:
Which is why you shouldn't drive while you are angry, when he was getting angry he should have parked at the side of the road, told her to come down or give her the car keys, take the children and go home.

So why didn't she jejely come down?

Why did he have to pull her out??
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 15, 2013
Rubbish. Were is that Op dat opened this topic. Mtchew
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chillisauce:

It saves lives sometimes o.
Ask America.
Even your Mandela some claimed he was a terrorist. Bombing places. But that's another story.
But for me, this case hasn't gotten to that yet .

america is the land of liberty so i dont understand how violence can thrive in a free society where no one is above the law like some people here
Re: Violence In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:20pm On Dec 15, 2013
If there is nothing wrong in a husband packing the car, dragging the wife out and beating her senseless in public glare because we assume she is foul mouthed, what is wrong in the husband beating his wife at home when she errs?

Private disgrace is better than public disgrace, not so?

It is well
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 10:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
Eminado01: Efemena, you need to shut up now!sad

Haven't you got bruises to tend to? undecided
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chillisauce:
Abeg make your pressure no rise o. For something to continue, they must be enjoying it. Wetin concern me. I don talk my own Sha. Na today u know say Naija na jungle.
smh.we have degenerated to thomas hobbes description of state of nature.nasty,brutish,poor,uncivilized etc :/
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: america is the land of liberty so i dont understand how violence can thrive in a free society where no one is above the law like some people here

Their own form of violence is different. Ask Iraq cheesy

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
Private disgrace is better than public disgrace. I just don't know why the person claiming to be Efe can.t acknowledge the fact that the man should have acted wisely.

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
Eminado01: Nairalanders need liberation from the African and Religious sentimentalism.
gbam
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
Beating things.
I wonder if the husband would do that to a man stronger than him who is sitting in the car with him.

You will see him begging grin
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Haven't you got bruises to tend to? undecided
Seriously? Lol, you kept telling yourself that and now you believed your own wild imagination?

Lol honey, come back to reality will you?tongue

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by vanitty: 10:27pm On Dec 15, 2013
Fact is nagging/bad mouth or whatever won't put you in jail as fast as physical violence! That man is lucky he is in Nigeria, were he to be in a more civilised country, the story will be totally different.

Part of bein a man is to be able to control yourself when madam starts. There is nada like equality there, no tits for tats.
And I am an imperfect woman and I know I know I know when we starts ha!

2 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Eminado01:
Seriously? Lol, you kept telling yourself that and now you believed your own wild imagination?

Lol honey, come back to reality will you?tongue

Still doesn't change the fact that you've got sores to cover up.

Now go away. I'm done chit-chatting with you. embarassed
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chillisauce:

Their own form of violence is different. Ask Iraq cheesy
their own case is different.they are protecting/defending their nation from all forms of aggression and terrorism so they need to curb their excesses but in this case,this is a husband and wife matter,the husband is using violence to subdue the wife instead of acting like a real man.it is only loosers that will hit a woman no matter what :/
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: their own case is different.they are protecting/defending their nation from all forms of aggression and terrorism so they need to curb their excesses but in this case,this is a husband and wife matter,the husband is using violence to subdue the wife instead of acting like a real man.it is only loosers that will hit a woman no matter what :/

Na the same thing. In this case Iraq is the wife and America is the husband trying to subdue.
Terrorism you say, you never jam politics yet.

Where they are ready to sacrifice some beings just to get access to free oil and gas.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chillisauce: Beating things.
I wonder if the husband would do that to a man stronger than him who is sitting in the car with him.

You will see him begging grin
abi o.na for woman body them dey always get power.yet we wonder why africans are still living and acting like cavemen :/ with soo much violence
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Still doesn't change the fact that you've got sores to cover up.

Now go away. I'm done chit-chatting with you. embarassed
Shhuusssshhhhh baby, wake up quick. I'm actually in a liberal country right now, I don't get beaten up for being a woman and the weaker sex. I know that's how it's done in naija so I actually do not blame you for your views on this matter.

Hasta la vista mi amorsmiley

2 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
i don,t know how many men in kirikiri prison that the man will try it for talk more of h
is age mate .........Assuming its his boss, won't he control himself? Cos its a woman and his wife. He turns her to punching bag in public for that matter. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 10:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: their own case is different.they are protecting/defending their nation from all forms of aggression and terrorism so they need to curb their excesses but in this case,this is a husband and wife matter,the husband is using violence to subdue the wife instead of acting like a real man.it is only loosers that will hit a woman no matter what :/

You know, this is the mentality some women carry on their shoulders as per: I can slap him because if he's a real gentleman, he won't retaliate.

Why not test that analogy of your on your average roadside mechanic / molue bus driver or conductor? Then come back and tell us the result?

The bottom line here is this: If that stoopid woman had respected herself in the first place, the situation wouldn't have degenerated to what it did. I'm all up for being women's advocate blah..blah..blah...but, I insist every adult should take full responsibility for their actions.

Fish wife brought that beating upon herself. Now that's what I call a disgrace to womanhood!

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by RoyaleR(m): 10:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
Op u de mad u just leave us here 2 de argue.Y am i even textin wen op don run comot
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chillisauce:

Na the same thing. In this case Iraq is the wife and America is the husband trying to subdue.
Terrorism you say, you never jam politics yet.

Where they are ready to sacrifice some beings just to get access to free oil and gas.
the people that they are sacrificing are people that will not let the world rest,today bombing,tomorrow,religious violence.,so they need to be sacrificed so that we can close our eyes and sleep peacefully

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pls Peeps,help Me Out In A Bad Situation / Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece / #WifeNotCook Bitter Campaign: These Embittered Feminists Must Be Called To Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.