Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,800 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! (17175 Views)

Learn How To Fold A Shirt In 5 Seconds (GIF) / Guys-what Type Of Jeans Fit With A Shirt Tucked In? / Can You Buy A Shirt For 15,000 Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by Alikaxon(m): 2:03pm On Dec 17, 2013
moscobabs: another way is to soak it in Blue(Aro kin-hun) iron it with that blue,wear it for 2 times then watch it with Ariel to remove the blue,it will white like snow

That how we dey do ham wen we dey Luther Kings College in 90s
this method works well. Just blue the white. Make sure u blue well.
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by Hardeshyna(m): 2:06pm On Dec 17, 2013
Double_j.c:
What abt hw to make ur teeth white.... lol
av actually used hypo to wash my teeth 2ce... got nothing
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by onimcee1(m): 2:06pm On Dec 17, 2013
I guess it's the bleach you use. Try detergents only. I remember adding much jik to my new white nd right in 5minutes, the whole stuff turned brown.
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by jayAjoku(m): 2:07pm On Dec 17, 2013
Op may be you should stop using so much detergent when washing. Try washing soap
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by tellwisdom: 2:09pm On Dec 17, 2013
Alikaxon: what's funny about that post? I hate to see people boast just to get cheap attention. His mates are producing things and he's there buying and disposing.

Poor dry boi...I dey very sure sey your body go dey smell sad
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by dojumav: 2:15pm On Dec 17, 2013
And some outsiders are dre viewing how daft some responses are... If u know u cant contribute meaningfully to this thread why not stay off it. The sole reason why we have joke section... @ op.. Jare... It depends on the kinda of material u talking about... What i do is soak with jik first den apply detergent for final washing... Tinge the rising water with blue... Slightly... Den starch... And don't forget to iron... Daz all

1 Like

Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by mikael78: 2:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
I for hook you up with my gf...but I'm not yet through with her............she b great washer both on bed and in dry cleaning..........her bj na dieeeeeeeeee...I love my abokoku
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by greatgod2012(f): 2:46pm On Dec 17, 2013
@op, it is very simple. The hotness of the sun as well as the high temperature of the iron used is what is causing the brownness of your whites.

Wash your whites with good detergent without any bleach(i dont want to mention any brand name), dont squeeze it, then spread it in a cool place, like bathroom or any other place free from sun, and when ironing, turn it to the bearest minimum low temperature, with this, i assure you that you won't feel bad about your whites again.
It is well.
P. S. I have never used bleach for any of our whites before, i only use it in conjunction with harpic for our toilet.

2 Likes

Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by Bobbycharlton(m): 2:51pm On Dec 17, 2013
Wash with blue omo but if the stains do not go then your last resort will be scrubbing it with iron sponge

1 Like

Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by brawnmoney(m): 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2013
I think it will be nice soaking it inside Red-Oil since it's the main source of Soap production.
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by GoodcasHMan: 3:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
[b][/b]Oh boy our environment is not white friendly: (1) Dust everywhere (2) Water no good (3) Weather no dey favorable and lastly we are black . So why do you need to bother yourself using white when great colors like BROWN, BLACK, BLUE and RED are there
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by wonderfulson: 3:59pm On Dec 17, 2013
The kind of water we use sometimes goes a long way in affecting our whities so use clean water and be careful wen ironing.
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by sowprice(m): 4:00pm On Dec 17, 2013
[quote author=moscobabs]another way is to soak it in Blue(Aro kin-hun) iron it with that blue,wear it for 2 times then watch it with Ariel to remove the blue,it will white like snow(((hmmm as white as meee?

1 Like

Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by detagabriel(m): 4:08pm On Dec 17, 2013
made001: soak well with a good detergent(e.g. ariel) and re-soak after washing.... continue until satisfied but make sure its immediately after wearing
Or better still stop buying white shirts grin
t

soak well with a gud detergent (airtel) and soak after washin....................continue until it i am satisfied to avoid YELLO ur shirt is strain(MTN)or u could call ur glofrenz sori girlfriend to do d washin.for more information visit easycliq.com
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by sonickay(m): 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
Nice topic Op. I have been looking for tips to maintain my white shirts as well. I thought I have been an "Apa" but it seems some other factors militates against whiteness. I expect rational and experienced replies on this thread, too bad of people. Abeg, if you have any good advise as a dry cleaner or have the experience of using white shirt optimally, send me a "Call Me Back " by clicking "Like" so I can call the thread back, your advice will be greatly valued. Thanks.
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by biopat(m): 5:26pm On Dec 17, 2013
lirusehn: am addicted 2 using starch so my whites easily turn brown not cuz of any oda reason dan d kind of sun itz bin subjected to and d hotness of d iron wen its 2 b pressed, dey easily fade those who use starch wud undastand.

I'm also a starch addict. But when it comes to white, see what I do. I wash n dry normally. Then I turn the shirt inside out n use my thickly made starch to rub it. I then sun dry. When I want to iron, I turn inside out again n iron. Shikina!!!

2 Likes

Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by moscobabs(m): 5:35pm On Dec 17, 2013
[quote author=$Πøwpr¡Π¢€][/quote]
ur own snow name black. na
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by Sambayour(m): 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2013
jayAjoku: an example of a classic ODE u wey rich wetin make u cme put mouth here.

Classic ode grin
jayAjoku: an example of a classic ODE u wey rich wetin make u cme put mouth here.

Classic ode
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by Sambayour(m): 6:04pm On Dec 17, 2013
Sambayour:

Classic ode grin

Classic ode
grin
Sambayour:

Classic ode grin

Classic ode

#Omode
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by sirhamilton(m): 7:26pm On Dec 17, 2013
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by Kedro(m): 7:48pm On Dec 17, 2013
Do u know GV?use a very small quantity in ur washing water.it will do d magic.NB:very small quantity
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by clemmonce(m): 7:57pm On Dec 17, 2013
this is a thread that is suppose to be informative but some idio.ts are just saying rubbish not many fool.s on nairaland nowadays. this is what I do I soak with jik then later soak with Ariel then later I wash normally. I also apply starch but when iroing I iron with spray starch but this this time I turn the shirt inside out. but sometimes he get some of my white shirt I don't wash by myself I jst give it to a drycleaner to wash because of the money I use buy am. shirt pass shirt. for my area it is 250 or 300, per shirt.
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by merryglaze(f): 8:12pm On Dec 17, 2013
tellwisdom: You are a poor boi...Cloths are not meant to be used for morethan 1week before disposal sad...U wan wear am remain for your unborn kids??

y nt say he should dispose it after a day?? Someone asked for advice and u are here running ur mouth and if we investigate we'll find out that ur one of those who wear boxers for 2years and give it to a tailor to mend when its torn...if u have no better thing to say pls shut ur mouth.
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by johnglo2(m): 11:05pm On Dec 17, 2013
u are a muntula.in nigeria? or u want tell us say Maina na ur old man.uote author=tellwisdom]You are a poor boi...Cloths are not meant to be used for morethan 1week before disposal sad...U wan wear am remain for your unborn kids?? [/quote]
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by temitemi1(m): 11:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
My whites ve been around for a while now n when ever I wear them I'm always complimented n d deal is dis... There's a chemical called whitener although d chemical stink o bt u will enjoy ur white afta d washing
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by Elem1: 1:06am On Dec 18, 2013
tellwisdom: You are a poor boi...Cloths are not meant to be used for morethan 1week before disposal sad...U wan wear am remain for your unborn kids??
dangote thanks
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by sowprice(m): 9:02am On Dec 18, 2013
moscobabs:
ur own snow name black. na
ur case de supreme curt.
4 insultin da pwince of snow
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by kellyfaro: 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
For white shirt is very easy Cus I v many of them,when going for white shirt you don't just go for one,but buy more than one to avoid shortlast age .soak immediately after use with detergent apply starch Cus it help to resist stain.wash the surface of your pressing iron before applying it on your cloth or else it turns to brown.....when next I come I will tell you the secret of maintaining white shirt........ smiley
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by kellyfaro: 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
For white shirt is very easy Cus I v many of them,when going for white shirt you don't just go for one,but buy more than one to avoid shortlast age .soak immediately after use with detergent apply starch Cus it help to resist stain.wash the surface of your pressing iron before applying it on your cloth or else it turns to brown.....when next I come I will tell you the secret of maintaining white shirt........ smiley
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by nrdgeek: 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
To maintain your whites:

Make sure u soak them in hot boiled water with a good detergent. If you use a washing machine, you'll notice that the settings for whites takes the water temperature to 90 degrees, that's to effectively remove stains.

I know that detergents sold in the UK have enzymes that help break down stains. I think they are usually labeled 'Bio'. I wouldn't know if the Nigerian ones have them. I noticed that when I use these detergents, regardless of whether I washed with my hands or with the machine, my whites turn out spotless. Adverts for detergents categorically boast of their effectiveness to remove tough stains at "as low as 45 degrees". This means that, ordinarily, you need high temperatures to keep whites white.

Please, get yourself a coated or stainless steel steam iron as well.

1 Like

Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by willyray(m): 10:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
cool cool
Re: How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! by jbblues24(m): 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2019
Mmh wondering if this comment will hit the generateor as well... undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Natural Skin Beauty Solution: Enter Here! / Wholesale Organic Skin Care Raw Product Seller In Lagos / How Can I Spot A Fake BIO Oil And The Original

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.