Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,822 members, 7,828,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? (8775 Views)

What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon / Remains of an ancient dreadlocked woman Found On The Moon. / China To Build Power Station In The Moon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 17, 2013
texanomaly:
Can you honestly say that money wouldn't be better spent on a quality education?
And Nigeria makes enough money from oil to spend on quality education and also finance a space program.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 10:08am On Dec 17, 2013
aManFromMars:
And Nigeria makes enough money from oil to spend on quality education and also finance a space program.
Yeah, so what happened? Y'all are always complaining about the education system there.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Joshthefirst(m): 10:09am On Dec 17, 2013
aManFromMars:
nigeria already has a space program.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: nigeria already has a space program.
Smh. I have gone through the thread already.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 17, 2013
texanomaly:
Yeah, so what happened? Y'all are always complaining about the education system there.
Corruption at all levels of government. And our general docile attitude to it.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 10:13am On Dec 17, 2013
aManFromMars:
Corruption at all levels of government. And our general docile attitude to it.

So what can be done?
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by vickyO(f): 10:14am On Dec 17, 2013
All Nigeria needs is a better government...
Space program is unnecessary to us now..
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by vickyO(f): 10:15am On Dec 17, 2013
texanomaly:

So what can be done?
kill all the politicians and start afresh...
they've all been there since we gained independence
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Deepardo: 10:16am On Dec 17, 2013
wiegraf:

Then, good ser, kindly explain what the purpose of this matter/spirit/whatever, which isn't mindless according to you, was when creating this universe

And how does this address the fact that you yourself change this definition with the seasons? For instance, here's the definition you just gave

Where in this definition is there an allusion to 'god' being conscious as a requirement? You did state in the very same post that thinking this pre existent cause was/is not conscious is "wilfully deluded and insane", no? So, how is this your definition of god?

No offense, oga, but one can't help but think you're being disingenuous. It is a disbelief in the existence of supernatural gods, deities, etc. The supernatural. The definition you gave above does not in anyway contradict an atheistic stance.

So, again, when we address god, we're addressing supernatural definitions. And mostly, clearly, yahweh. Simply because it's the most supported notion in our environment.

Hello this is Deep Sight. In trying to respond to you yesterday, I posted an extract from the web and the spambot banned me. I tried adjusting it a number of times, but it kept deleting the post and banning me again.

Maybe I will try removing the links and see if that helps.

I will do so shortly.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 10:18am On Dec 17, 2013
vickyO: All Nigeria needs is a better government...
Space program is unnecessary to us now..
It's not the government. It's the corrupt people running it. There is an election coming up right? Is it only for the president or is it for others as well? I don't know how things work there. If you don't like the people running it, get rid of them.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 10:20am On Dec 17, 2013
"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."
Abraham Lincoln
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by vickyO(f): 10:21am On Dec 17, 2013
texanomaly:
It's not the government. It's the corrupt people running it. There is an election coming up right? Is it only for the president or is it for others as well? I don't know how things work there. If you don't like the people running it, get rid of them.
Elections here are never free and fair...
and we can't easily get rid of them, boko haram might do the trick though..
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 17, 2013
texanomaly:

So what can be done?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. People have too much to lose if there is a change in the system. At least, there is a semblance of order in the system. Introduce chaos(revolution, imprisonment of corrupt officials) into a system already struggling with deep religious and tribal tensions and it would lead to anarchy. People are waiting to make profit if such happens.

Kill the thieving politicians - easier said than done, that's why most activists are on twitter and facebook. Talking the talk is much easier and safer.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 10:24am On Dec 17, 2013
aManFromMars:

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. People have too much to lose if there is a change in the system. At least, there is a semblance of order in the system. Introduce chaos(revolution, imprisonment of corrupt officials) into a system already struggling with deep religious and tribal tensions and it would lead to anarchy. People are waiting to make profit if such happens.

Kill the thieving politicians - easier said than done, that's why most activists are on twitter and facebook. Talking the talk is much easier and safer.
Hmmm...then sit around and complain in your safety.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by vickyO(f): 10:24am On Dec 17, 2013
aManFromMars:

Word!
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by vickyO(f): 10:25am On Dec 17, 2013
texanomaly:

it seems you don't understand the situation in our country...
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 17, 2013
texanomaly:
I'm doing my own bit. Complaining is not my thing. That's why I'm rarely on the politics section. All humans must survive, and when survival is the aim, we are naturally inclined to cut corners if there are no retributions. That's why people like JoshTheFirst who claims to be steadfast and resolute are simply setting themselves up for an early death or extreme poverty.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Joshthefirst(m): 10:27am On Dec 17, 2013
texanomaly: "Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."
Abraham Lincoln
vickyO:
Elections here are never free and fair...
and we can't easily get rid of them, boko haram might do the trick though..
elections are becoming free and fair.
The people are beginning to have their say.

Nigerians are becoming restless and tired of being exploited.

The fact is that the very people we might hope will change the situation once we rise to power will most probably be the guys to continue the corrupt activities.

Nigeria needs men to change. All people at all levels need to change. The very people who complain are the people who will steal when given any kind of authority, from school prefect to sug president to local government chairman.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Joshthefirst(m): 10:30am On Dec 17, 2013
aManFromMars:
I'm doing my own bit. Complaining is not my thing. That's why I'm rarely on the politics section. All humans must survive, and when survival is the aim, we are naturally inclined to cut corners if there are no retributions. That's why people like JoshTheFirst who claims to be steadfast and resolute are simply setting themselves up for an early death or extreme poverty.
see what I said by people need to change? Its when you are prepared to face all that things will change. Sacrifice. Without that, people like you wiLl just exploit others when given any ounce of authority. I'm prepared to speak against evil and stand against corruption at all levels. Even if I suffer for it.

If people don't have that mindset, things will never change. Luckily for us, things are changing and people like me are increasing.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 17, 2013
aManFromMars:

Where did I imply that?

Pls, can we honestly say there aren't enough Nigerian scientists to handle a Nigerian space program?

We can.

How many Nigerians actually study cosmology and astrophysics?

We hardly even have world class standard Nigerian pilots. Our airlines are even afraid to use local pilots
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Joshthefirst(m): 10:34am On Dec 17, 2013
aManFromMars:

people like you should do nothing. Christians(and even others) who are ready for sacrifice will keep a stand. We are fearless. We stand for uprightness and righteousness. Its what Christ does in our lives. We are the real deal. Ready to be unsafe and face difficultu in standing for truth. People like real disciples of christ will cause radical life change in nigeria.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Deepardo: 10:34am On Dec 17, 2013
@ Plaetton & Mr. Troll, this is me, Deep Sight, I got banned by the spambot yesterday and have to use this temporarily.

plaetton: @Deepsight,
Pls Kindly tell us how your idea of God has evolved over the years, from your childhood to the present level.

Yeah, I will be glad to chat through that. However, if, as I sense, your motive is to show that God as conceived "changes" and "evolves" in the mind of the conceiver, then please do not waste your time - the idea of God, an individual's understanding of God, obviously evolves, grows and changes over time, often growing along with the spiritual maturity of the individual or their level of "existential cognition." This in no way means that God exists only in the human mind.

Mr Troll: lol. you de go too far. ask am from July till now.

Insightful comment. I have indeed had significant evolution, I believe, in my understanding of what God is, from July (interesting you picked that month - why?) till now. Interestingly, this same Plaetton played some role in that, with his questions on consciousness. However you have to be very clear that this - continuous attunement of what I have above termed our "Existential Cognition" - is the province of the Seeker and that which is required of all who yearn for TRUTH. The man who does not experience this continuous attunement, and thus, deepening or evolution of his perception of God, is dead.

This is as it should be: and in no way suggests that God does not exist or exists only in the human mind, as your mocking post tends to infer.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by vickyO(f): 10:35am On Dec 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: elections are becoming free and fair.
The people are beginning to have their say.

Nigerians are becoming restless and tired of being exploited.

The fact is that the very people we might hope will change the situation once we rise to power will most probably be the guys to continue the corrupt activities.

Nigeria needs men to change. All people at all levels need to change. The very people who complain are the people who will steal when given any kind of authority, from school prefect to sug president to local government chairman.
The most popular word in Nigeria should be corruption.
it will take a lot to rid this cankerworm off our nation.
the youths are already corrupt.
paying to gain admission, to get a job, to get a promotion,e.t.c.
We need a revolution. But the thing is everyone is scared.
Just read about all those who tried to change things, did they gain the support of the people? Did they end well? Was their mission accomplished?
Nigeria needs extremists and most of us aren't...
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 17, 2013
JoshTheFirst, I laugh at you because you do not realize the enormity of the situation at hand. You sound noble and confident, but your naivety will get the better of you.

If you ever get the opportunity to be involved in the oil sector, maybe visit the rigs and creeks in the Niger delta, I'm quite sure your opinions will change. You do not know how much people make from that sector and how far they are willing to go to guard it.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

We can.

How many Nigerians actually study cosmology and astrophysics?

We hardly even have world class standard Nigerian pilots. Our airlines are even afraid to use local pilots

Morning, it is a desperate situation, I accept that. And this is present in every field. But poverty and hunger should not be an excuse not to finance a space program. We keep paying for ready-made solutions at the expense of training our people. Let's take risks, fail. And learn from our attempts.

1 Like

Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: people like you should do nothing. Christians(and even others) who are ready for sacrifice will keep a stand. We are fearless. We stand for uprightness and righteousness. Its what Christ does in our lives. We are the real deal. Ready to be unsafe and face difficultu in standing for truth. People like real disciples of christ will cause radical life change in nigeria.

And he fails to see the problem comments like this create. I'm not going down this path with you. Enjoy.

Gandhi wasn't a Christian, btw. But OBJ and GEJ are.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Joshthefirst(m): 10:42am On Dec 17, 2013
aManFromMars: JoshTheFirst, I laugh at you because you do not realize the enormity of the situation at hand. You sound noble and confident, but your naivety will get the better of you.

If you ever get the opportunity to be involved in the oil sector, maybe visit the rigs and creeks in the Niger delta, I'm quite sure your opinions will change. You do not know how much people make from that sector and how far they are willing to go to guard it.
don't worry, I've been told this several times. As I said, I'm prepared to stand. I'm prepared to sacrifice. What you say does not matter, acts matter.

vickyO:
The most popular word in Nigeria should be corruption.
it will take a lot to rid this cankerworm off our nation.
the youths are already corrupt.
paying to gain admission, to get a job, to get a promotion,e.t.c.
We need a revolution. But the thing is everyone is scared.
Just read about all those who tried to change things, did they gain the support of the people? Did they end well? Was their mission accomplished?
Nigeria needs extremists and most of us aren't...
I am not afraid. I am a christian. God demands sacrifice and righteousness from me. God causes change.

Extremism will only harm more people. Sacrifice through words and acts will change things.

In any position, I will remain upright. In any position(and even from the pulpit), I will speak against corruption and exploitation.

Christianity is about radical life change and sacrifice, not dancing around speaking bible verses and not acting them out no matter the cost.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 17, 2013
aManFromMars:

Space programs run into billions. Use your brain.

Nigeria needs a centralised healthcare and housing system.
Nigeria also needs massive investment in infrastructure, education and transport.

These things already run into trillions.

Space exploration? There are more beneficial technologies to invest into. Solar energy, for example. We have longer hours of sunlight and electricity problems.

You and Plaetton need to get off that sci-fi crap
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Joshthefirst(m): 10:46am On Dec 17, 2013
aManFromMars:

And he fails to see the problem comments like this create. I'm not going down this path with you. Enjoy.

Gandhi wasn't a Christian, btw. But OBJ and GEJ are.
did you not see "even others" there?

And the reason I major on christianity is because that is what christianity really teaches. Sacrifice and righteousness no matter the cost. It is the moral standard of the bible that shaped great nations.

But anyone can sacrifice. Anyone who is prepared will make a stand. I can see you will not.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: don't worry, I've been told this several times. As I said, I'm prepared to stand. I'm prepared to sacrifice. What you say does not matter, acts matter.

Broken bones will heal. A broken mind, who can?

Safe journey bro. Understand the dynamics of the game you're playing. Gandhi and Mandela survived because of the benevolence of their oppressors. If our leaders turned white tomorrow, what we term corruption would be known as racism. Some villages in the Niger Delta remain underdeveloped because some earn from keeping it so. The same chairman that steals the local government money uses it to build a church for the people and they all go in to worship with him, it doesn't matter that the road to the church is all dusty and bumpy.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: don't worry, I've been told this several times. As I said, I'm prepared to stand. I'm prepared to sacrifice. What you say does not matter, acts matter.

I am not afraid. I am a christian. God demands sacrifice and righteousness from me. God causes change.

Extremism will only harm more people. Sacrifice through words and acts will change things.

In any position, I will remain upright. In any position(and even from the pulpit), I will speak against corruption and exploitation.

Christianity is about radical life change and sacrifice, not dancing around speaking bible verses and not acting them out no matter the cost.

Christian blowhards like you can't improve Nigeria.

Remember that you and some of christian gals said that it is impossible to run a non corrupt business in present day Nigeria- which is clearly impossible. An entity immersed in a corrupt system can not claim that it is not corrupt.

You people are dishonest about yourselves and Nigeria's problems

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Miniature 'human Brain' Grown In Lab / The World Will Not End In 2012 - NASA / Buy From Amazon, Ebay, Walmart, USA and We Ship To You In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.