Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,569 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old (74629 Views)

Rose Mensah Divorces Husband 4 Days After Wedding (see Why) / Senator Ahmed Yerima Divorces 17 Year Egyptian Wife, Marries Another 15 Year Old / Tonto Risks 15-yr In Jail For Weed Photos, NDLEA To Investigate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 16, 2013
I vehemently disapprove of his act but I have to be careful not to be overly sentimental....

If you ask Yerima why he marries 'underage' girls, his answer would be simple and straight, because according to Quran; there is no minimum age for marriage.

This therefore means that the blame ( if we really want to point an accusing finger) lies with Yerima's doctrine and not Yerima himself.

Islam, just like any other religion ( including christianity) was written at a time life expectancy was very low and when there were limited advances in science. In ancient jewish tradition, we heard of girls as young as 12 being given in marriage. In some jewish text, girls were married as soon as they reach puberty.

The problem with following these texts word for word and applying it to our modern existence is that it makes us look foolish, unreasonable and close-minded.

Yerima is a mere victim of this trend along with other dogmatic followers of these ancient beliefs. These ancient beliefs are sometimes not applicable to our present day lives because we know better, science and technology have improved and we are better informed. We also live longer...
An average woman can live up until 80, so there is no need to marry her at 12.

People that disagree with Yerima are people that think common sense should preside over a 1,500 year old religion

People that disagree with Yerima are people that think a decision of whom to marry is a decision that should be made by a grown up woman and not by her parent or a cradle-drooling groom to be.

People that disagree with Yerima are people that want every child's right to education over marriage

People that disagree with Yerima are people that are concerned about the physical and psychological trauma of early child birth.

I am 1 of those people because I think any religion has to be practiced with common sense if we are to build a peaceful, harmonious and progressive society.

14 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
ojimbo: Yerima, am i up to your taste?
No biatch you aint no 9yr old
Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by LadyH(f): 7:41pm On Dec 16, 2013
No one should defend this man pls! This is wicked!! cry

3 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by Narcissicist: 7:42pm On Dec 16, 2013
Lol
Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by Mznaett: 7:43pm On Dec 16, 2013
Yerima MUST die!!! He wana destroy al our lil gurlz....dx sub-man z a disgrace 4 cryin out loud...wish i had my ways....
Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by khadupsie(f): 7:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
Lord have mercy!!!
Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by TechWalker007: 7:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
The real evil people are the parents giving their children to this wicked soul!

2 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by solomon111(m): 7:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
Disgusting piece of trash.
To think that this guy is a senator is absolutely shocking.
Is it this man with the IQ of an amoeba, that will create laws and policies that would move us forward?
The people that voted this scum into the hallowed chambers deserve to have their voting rights cancelled for the next 20years.
Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by awesomeme: 7:48pm On Dec 16, 2013
The love of money is the begining of foolishness.it will amaze us most moslem families will turn this as their way of eating the national cake..so you will hear them say; plz marry my daughter providing you buy us houses at maitama and give us federal contracts then divorce her afta all divorce is not a sin for them.. trust me,the girl go find another moslem man to marry her..she may marry more 10 men bfor she dies seriously.thank God am christian

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 16, 2013
I blame the parents of these girls for giving their wards out in marriage to this Wicked paedophile..am sure their poor background is the main reason for their action,,they want to marry their daughters off to a senator without thinking about what the girl would go through...

Now he has "uselessed" Marians life, what next?..Tomorrow,he will change dis new one..

Anyway,they(Yerima and the girls parents) are birds of thesame feather..May God forgive them all...

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by rabzy01: 7:48pm On Dec 16, 2013
Oboy see wahala. Wetin concern Olu with Zamfara. I am yet to see anyone from Zamfara who says Yerima did wrong.

Great Olu:
u ar very silly for dt statement, is he nt representn a state? We wouldn't bother if he is an ordinary citizen, so use ur brain
Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by flairlady(f): 7:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
I blame religion for this.The evil men commit in the name of religion is sickening.Religion just sucks.Allah is great indeed.mtchewww
Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by solomon111(m): 7:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
The young girls in islamic countries are being defiled,humiliated and denied their most basic rights.
What the fucck is the UN and the hypocritical america doing about this?
Have they all been blinded and deafened by petrodollars from this evil arabic nations.
Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by KingsleyBuubba(m): 7:59pm On Dec 16, 2013
A 21st century senator. Commiting child abuse nd d world is watchn, all n d name of religion. God is watchn ooo
Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by biafranqueen: 7:59pm On Dec 16, 2013
No wonder his state is the lowest in terms of education highest among poverty and sickness, he is busy spending the whole states money on Virgin's. If you think an Egyptian would give his daughter to a Nigerian for less then $100,000.00 15 million NGN bride price, 50 million for travel with kinsman, party etc; Any girl living in Poverty would do that to help her family at the expense of her body and baring a child. They can not stand Nigerians 1st and 2nd they will be laughing at this old fool coming every 3 years spending Muslims money in his state on Muslims in Egypt. All of the girls in that neighborhood are waiting for this old goat to come and save them from the desperation of a unstable country and economy.
Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 16, 2013
t....
Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by Oppypoppy: 8:00pm On Dec 16, 2013
Okija_juju: I LOVE ISLAM

grin

Allahu AKbar!!

Allahu Akbar!!!!

Allahu AKBAAAARRRR!!!!

Death to the infidels.. angry

Hmmmmmmm, thank God for Jesus. The Bible is Complete, Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
Coldfeet: I dey laugh see as we Christians dey drink panadol for Muslim headache? Shebi the pikin na Muslim? So its all well and good! The brides father and govt allows it so why should we non muslims be bothered? So far no Muslimah or Muslimu has come forte to say Yerima is wrong! Let him go ahead and keep fvcking em muslim children! Its their cross let em carry it. I don talk taye so na to siddon look I dey now. When Muslims arise against yerima they will have my backing 110%! Till den I go just dey laugh hehehehehehehe!!!!!
THE MOST SENSIBLE POST
GOD BLESS

2 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by McDoe(m): 8:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
weazley:
He is a paedophile, thick ladies have a tyt womanliness
Hmmm, women observer
Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
Yeeeeeeeeh cool

Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by macdelene(m): 8:03pm On Dec 16, 2013
I say the man is a demon, from 17yrs to 15yrs,very soon he will jump to 13yrs, 11yrs,then 9yrs to 7yrs that hw his pe.nis will be reducing. He will nt evn knw when he will do his own grand child. He goat

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by Nsonso: 8:03pm On Dec 16, 2013
Wickedness of d highest order.
Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by farano(f): 8:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
#speechless
Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by sademola: 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2013
Whaaaaat? Divorce is allowed in Islam, though as a last result after irreparable differences but d reasons adduced in this post (to take another wife) stinks.

My prayer is for this story to be untrue.

But wait a minute how does the way and life of an individual be generalized and castigations on Islam and Muslims?
Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by cloudstar: 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2013
Don Demu: I knew it. I knew i will log in to Nairaland and see all these "Child Not Bride" haters spewing shit all over the place. WTF is wrong with y'all that you cant keep still for someone's private ish? Does Yerima's action mean y'all should go and marry or marry off a 9yr old? Pls leave Sharia law for muslims and go practice the religion what you wanna practice. I think the 1999 constitution is expressly clear about that. Yan bura uba kai!!

Another Mallam has just confirmed such savage attitudes are legal in Islam.

4 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by folowo(m): 8:12pm On Dec 16, 2013
his using them for JUJU, to make more money
Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sir sijo:

he likes it? let him go and Bleep nyash now...
what makes you think he doesnt? He just needs deliverance
Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by cloudstar: 8:18pm On Dec 16, 2013
Don Demu:
Did he marry or divorced his wife for the state?Nawa 4 u o

If marriage is not a contract based on the state, then what it is?
Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by kheart(m): 8:19pm On Dec 16, 2013
Mr senator u re a disgrace to islam and my prayer 4 u is dat God ll surely do 2 u or ur daugters wat u did 2 odas.
Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:19pm On Dec 16, 2013
Oppypoppy:

Hmmmmmmm, thank God for Jesus. The Bible is Complete, Gbam!

Don't be too sure!!

Judges 21:10-24 NLT)
So they sent twelve
thousand warriors to Jabesh-
gilead with orders to kill
everyone there, including
women and children. "This
is what you are to do," they
said. "Completely destroy
all the males and every
woman who is not a
virgin." Among the
residents of Jabesh-gilead
they found four hundred
young virgins who had
never slept with a man, and
they brought them to the
camp at Shiloh in the land
of Canaan.
The Israelite assembly
sent a peace delegation to
the little remnant of
Benjamin who were living
at the rock of Rimmon.
Then the men of Benjamin
returned to their homes, and
the four hundred women of
Jabesh-gilead who were
spared were given to them
as wives. But there were
not enough women for all of
them. The people felt sorry
for Benjamin because the
LORD had left this gap in
the tribes of Israel. So the
Israelite leaders asked,
"How can we find wives for
the few who remain, since
all the women of the tribe of
Benjamin are dead? There
must be heirs for the
survivors so that an entire
tribe of Israel will not be
lost forever. But we cannot
give them our own
daughters in marriage
because we have sworn with
a solemn oath that anyone
who does this will fall under
God's curse."
Then they thought of the
annual festival of the LORD
held in Shiloh, between
Lebonah and Bethel, along
the east side of the road that
goes from Bethel to
Shechem. They told the
men of Benjamin who still
needed wives, "Go and hide
in the vineyards. When the
women of Shiloh come out
for their dances, rush out
from the vineyards, and
each of you can take one of
them home to be your wife!
And when their fathers and
brothers come to us in
protest, we will tell them,
'Please be understanding.
Let them have your
daughters, for we didn't find
enough wives for them
when we destroyed Jabesh-
gilead. And you are not
guilty of breaking the vow
since you did not give your
daughters in marriage to
them.'" So the men of
Benjamin did as they were
told. They kidnapped the
women who took part in the
celebration and carried them
off to the land of their own
inheritance. Then they
rebuilt their towns and lived
in them. So the assembly of
Israel departed by tribes and
families, and they returned
to their own homes.

Obviously these women
were repeatedly raped!!!
Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:21pm On Dec 16, 2013
cloudstar:

Another Mallam has just confirmed such savage attitudes are legal in Islam.

All Abrahamic religions are evil!

2 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima Divorces 17-year-old Wife, Marries Another 15-yr-old by biafranqueen: 8:21pm On Dec 16, 2013
sademola: Whaaaaat? Divorce is allowed in Islam, though as a last result after irreparable differences but d reasons adduced in this post (to take another wife) stinks.

My prayer is for this story to be untrue.

But wait a minute how does the way and life of an individual be generalized and castigations on Islam and Muslims?
Don't mind them what about all the Christian and Catholic Poli-thieves frequently chasing secondary school girls. This is routine for these guys, except this one will marry them and keep them in his house until her grow tired. This is standard practice around the world, for example, when I went to Japan 10 years ago I saw in the phone booth in the business area pictures of young school girls with uniform posted every where. I ask my husbands business associate what is going on, he said the girls are soliciting, I was shocked because hey don't look poor, he told me most of them just want to buy designer goods to compete with one another. How come people are not claiming all Catholics are rapist or involved with molestation, even though thousands of cases have been reported world wide. We have to stop judging a religion or ethnicity and focus on the person.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Cossy Ojiakor's Boob Baring Outfit At An Award Ceremony / Sophie Rammal Alakija On Movie Set (Photos) / Terry-G In Ghastly Car Accident In Lekki(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.