Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,560 members, 7,837,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. (34201 Views)

A Wife Sent Her Hubby A Shocking Birthday Message After Beating Her Mercilessly / 10 Things Every Pregnant Wife Needs From Her Husband / A Depressed House Wife Needs Urgent Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by oluxy(m): 3:53pm On Dec 17, 2013
Nice ideas rather than beating her every time
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by judycious(f): 3:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
]This was the reply of a young man, married two years ago.
He said, her wife lacked good manner of approach, she shouted on top her voice whenever there is misunderstanding, no matter how little the disagreement was.

Please what does the man always do to her? that make her shout on top of her voice? is it because the wife came from her parents to the man's house? I don't think the man is innocent too or is it because the girl cannot tell his parents to re-train him? abeg make e pull over joor.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by pickabeau1: 4:03pm On Dec 17, 2013
Feraz: You heard the OP. He's involved the in-laws, they overlooked it thinking it's a small issue till it became magnified.
This is a guy that set-up an SME for his wife since she has been searching for job (empowering her before she got her dream job) going by the OP's account. Does it look like he hasn't tried every means possible?

Ok. Let's all agree that he didn't do it the right way, that he insulted the lady, her family, her in-laws etc what other way would he have done it (bearing in mind that communication has failed in this aspect).

BTW, I haven't seen you in the other thread! cool

Yes there is nothing new is seperating or divorcing a woman...
This approach is the issue

Which thread...
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:13pm On Dec 17, 2013
Miner13: This was the reply of a young man, married two years ago.
He said, her wife lacked good manner of approach, she shouted on top her voice whenever there is misunderstanding, no matter how little the disagreement was.
He also said he had tried to coped with that, but now, their neigbour don't need to be told before they knew they have started again.
So, when they travelled to the wifes' village for a burial programme, he told the wife to prepared for two weeks.
After the burial which they went for, the husband now told her inlaws that they should help him re-trained his wife and when there is improvement they should called him.
As a woman is such treatment good?.
As a man can you do such?
If you are the inlaw how will you feel and what will you do?

grin grin grin fantastic
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Slasha1(f): 4:14pm On Dec 17, 2013
drnoel:

Its not just a subtle kind of disrespect for the wife´s people which the wife brought it on herself and her people its also a vielled threat. Now ladies listen well and listen good. This is done in igbo tradition and am sure the husband must be igbo. I know cos my uncle who is igbo did it to his wife. Now, I don´t know if its done in the yoruba custom cos none of my yoruba relatives have done such yet. Maybe cos yoruba ladies know how to respect their husbands and elders unlike our igbo sisters since its not really taught at home.
It depends on what the wife did. In my uncles case his wife served his uncles and brothers the wrong part of cow that was killed during a celebration. The brothers and uncles felt insulted and insisted he sends her home to punish her so she had to take suspension for 4 weeks. She went home and came back fatter than when she was at my uncles home.
Can you imagine! In this present age? Nawa o. Thanks for enlightening me anyway.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Feraz(m): 4:16pm On Dec 17, 2013
pickabeau1:

Yes there is nothing new is seperating or divorcing a woman...
This approach is the issue

Which thread...
Naruto thread. . .
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by aholiab(m): 4:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
What happened to the generation of our mothers and feminity? Anyways since ladies decided to visit fastfoods and stay glued to Etv, instagraming and pinging. . .brothers started giving loyalty to marriage a second thought. And pls I need folks to school me on how to use nairaland. Am pretty new here. Thanks 2a68478f
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by pickabeau1: 4:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
Bros naruto don tire me walahi no vex

Madara on rinne..

I go soon come over no vex

Feraz: Naruto thread. . .
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by pickabeau1: 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2013
aholiab: What happened to the generation of our mothers and feminity? Anyways since ladies decided to visit fastfoods and stay glued to Etv, instagraming and pinging. . .brothers started giving loyalty to marriage a second thought. And pls I need folks to school me on how to use nairaland. Am pretty new here. Thanks 2a68478f

pics?
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by tpia5: 4:43pm On Dec 17, 2013
drnoel:

Its not just a subtle kind of disrespect for the wife´s people which the wife brought it on herself and her people its also a vielled threat. Now ladies listen well and listen good. This is done in igbo tradition and am sure the husband must be igbo. I know cos my uncle who is igbo did it to his wife. Now, I don´t know if its done in the yoruba custom cos none of my yoruba relatives have done such yet. Maybe cos yoruba ladies know how to respect their husbands and elders unlike our igbo sisters since its not really taught at home.
It depends on what the wife did. In my uncles case his wife served his uncles and brothers the wrong part of cow that was killed during a celebration. The brothers and uncles felt insulted and insisted he sends her home to punish her so she had to take suspension for 4 weeks. She went home and came back fatter than when she was at my uncles home.

I just can't make head or tail of your post.

Which part of the cow did she serve?

And came back fatter means what?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by lalyiva(f): 4:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
call me
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Royver(m): 4:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
Miner13: This was the reply of a young man, married two years ago.
He also said he had tried to coped with that, but now, their neigbour don't need to be told before they knew they have started again.
So, when they travelled to the wifes' village for a burial programme, he told the wife to prepared for two weeks.
After the burial which they went for, the husband now told her inlaws that they should help him re-trained his wife and when there is improvement they should called him.
As a woman is such treatment good?.
As a man can you do such?
If you are the inlaw how will you feel and what will you do?
You sound like the in-law.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 17, 2013
I can see that a few of the many unmarried and unmarriageable feminist wannabes fish-wives displaying their misery on the first few pages of this thread.

Some old hags would surely die and rotten as professional spinsters. Sadly, there would be no Oprah Winfrey or Arunma Oteh kind of success to mitigate or extenuate their ignominy.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 17, 2013
tpia@:

I just can't make head or tail of your post.

Which part of the cow did she serve?

And came back fatter means what?
i dey wonder o.like she went for holiday in her parents house grin many nairalanders do not cease to amaze me grin orisirisi.

Babe wey go her papa house,shebi na to go visit her friends and cousins to catch up with jist and so on and resume back later.probably go to parties with her friends,beach,unwind etc. grin taking a break from wifely duties is called suspension.i laugh in lagos yoruba grin

anyway i dont know what you ibo guys do but here in yoruba land,from the ladies i see,when mr husband sends them back home,its like releasing a teenager that has been longing to go to parties.i see some of them here,when i ask them,what are you doing in lagos,arent you supposed to be in bayelsa,they say,its my husband o.he said i should leave the house for me.ehen so babe,those your clothes you used to wear to xyz,where did you buy them,theres one show i need to attend on the island.after enjoying singlehood small,they will resume the married wife role after.infact,all the guys they didnt see,its hook up time if you know what i mean grin
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 17, 2013
pickabeau1:

pics?
as a sharp guy....... grin
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
lalyiva: call me
why will you put your number on nairaland...smh
.anyway is xmas so the girls must survive. *lip sealed*
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by pickabeau1: 5:29pm On Dec 17, 2013
Na sooo...

Make we see the dp first

This xmas sef.. Times are hard..

kulyie: as a sharp guy....... grin
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 17, 2013
Miner13:

skelewu tinz tongue

but is this really the best option of how to treat the wife.
So that i can just keep it in my record for future purpose.

Kin le ko sinu aka iwe iranti fun ọjọ ọla
enle o baba akowe.oluranti cheesy
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Chrisjane(f): 5:32pm On Dec 17, 2013
Efemena_xy:

His wife lacked home training. He sent her back home to acquire that home training after bearing it for 2 years. So what's wrong with that??

The only thing I'll fault him with is this: didn't he look before leaping into marriage? Didn't he date her? Or was it an arrangee marriage? If it was, then the inlaws should take a huge portion of blame. If it wasn't then the man should take some of that blame too.

you don't really know someone until you 've lived with that person.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 17, 2013
[quote a them don dey uthor=pickabeau1]Na sooo...

Make we see the dp first

This xmas sef.. Times are hard..

[/quote] them don dey write application letter grin
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 17, 2013
DAMN....SO MANY 'GIRLS' AND SO LITTLE 'WOMEN' ON THIS THREAD...IT OBVIOUS ALOT OF GIRLS DON'T KNOW WHAT MARRIAGE REALLY IS...SMH cry

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
aholiab: What happened to the generation of our mothers and feminity? Anyways since ladies decided to visit fastfoods and stay glued to Etv, instagraming and pinging. . .brothers started giving loyalty to marriage a second thought. And pls I need folks to school me on how to use nairaland. Am pretty new here. Thanks 2a68478f
eleyi tun fi bb pin sile.smh.orisirisi
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
@Kulyie:YOU NOT A WOMAN...YOU ARE A GIRL,YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE SOME CHARM BUT LACK WISDOM...PERIOD!!!
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
drnoel:

by the way why will your uncle take offence in what she did when she is not ibo and she is not yet used to your customs or doesnt even know the implication of some certain things.if she is not an ibo lady,is it not in your husbands place to tell her in our place we dont do so so and so,my people will not accept so so and so.except she is ibo,knows the meaning of what she did and still went ahead.if she shes from a different tribe and not familiar with your ways,haba, you people should cut some slack na.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
Xsolutions: @Kulyie:YOU NOT A WOMAN...YOU ARE A GIRL,YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE SOME CHARM BUT LACK WISDOM...PERIOD!!!
remains your opinion

which you are entitled to

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2013
Chillisauce:

Lol at bolded., nothing I no go read for nairaland cheesy

i am telling you grin

like say na im students he dey follow talk grin
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by ExpressBooking(m): 5:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
kulyie: Whats up with all these bush meats around nl lately :/

to the matter,why cant the 'uncivilized husband' calm mrs wife down and talk to her the way a husband talks to the wife that she will listen.is she some sort of dog that they take for 'retraining' whatever that means but it sounds highly ridiculous.even if sitting down like adults and thrashing it out cant work,why cant mr husband aka cave man not go to her mother and speak with her PRIVATELY.

Anyway when bush meat meets mgbeke,the result is everybody in the family knows whatever issh in your house....smh for some couples.hiiiaaannnn.and they call this marriage:/

by the way what happened to for better for worse till death do you path that you recite on the altar before God and man.its now a slogan i suppose

another NIGERIAN HYPOCRISY. Awon aso ebi folks,gele madams have eating jollof rice at the reception and left,now husband and wife cannot live under the same roof like adults...

Do you know if the man had tried all these it didn't work. You wouldn't understanding his plight. Remember that the next worse thing that can happen to any individual after hell fire is bad marriage. Marriage is not meant to be tolerated but enjoyed. Anyway who buy bad market (no warranty or guarantee for marriage) go enjoy the market. He really went so far I should say.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
kulyie: remains your opinion

which you are entitled to
THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BTW OPINION AND TRUTH...WHAT I STATED ABOUT YOU IS TRUTH...NOT AN OPINION...
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 17, 2013
jhidey08: she is d one faa! Mo serious juu. Winks#

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa gringrin then i give up grin
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
Xsolutions: THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BTW OPINION AND TRUTH...WHAT I STATED ABOUT YOU IS TRUTH...NOT AN OPINION...
truth is a relative term my dear.what you perceieve as truth may not be truth to another person.the muslims do not believe jesus is God but a prophet.that is the truth to them but not a truth to christians.so your own version of the truth is relative

meanwhile,thanks for the compliment,it is well received grin
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 17, 2013
kulyie: truth is a relative term my dear.what you perceieve as truth may not be truth to another person.the muslims do not believe jesus is God but a prophet.that is the truth to them but not a truth to christians.so your own version of the truth is relative

meanwhile,thanks for the compliment,it is well received grin
WRONG THAT IS WHAT YOU THINK...TRUTH IS ABSOLUTE...AND THE TRUTH IS YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT MARRIAGE IS...PERIOD!!!
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 17, 2013
@kulyie:YOU ARE NOT WIFE MATERIAL...SMH

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Reasons You Should Not Divorce Your Man Because He Can't Satisfy You Sexually / Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think / Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.