Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries (17829 Views)

Buhari Shocked By States' Inability To Pay Salaries / FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. / Nigerian Embassies Cant Pay Salaries, Bills’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by abbakacici: 8:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
Lamode is being used by Buhari and tinubu to make the govt look bad

1 Like

Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by Clerverly: 10:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
Why has this not made front page
Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by omusiliyu(m): 10:53pm On Dec 31, 2013
Nigeria great country with bad leaders-politicians
Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by anonimi: 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
Has anyone heard about the SFU, Special Fraud Unit of the Nigerian Police Force established in 1993
That was some 10 years before the EFCC was established by OBJoke to do the same thing with a focus on his political enemies.
The current Head of EFCC, Lamorde was one of the pioneer police officers in the SFU.

Meanwhile, anyone who is aggrieved by REPORTS of inadequate funding for EFCC should petition his Senator and/or Representative to find out if/why there was not enough budget provision for the agency.
That is what civilised people do, innit

4 Likes

Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by PureNigerian: 11:05pm On Dec 31, 2013
Tambuwa said, GEJ body language has corruption written all over it.
The mumuest president ever in the history of Nigeria.
Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by Clerverly: 11:06pm On Dec 31, 2013
anonimi: Has anyone heard about the SFU, Special Fraud Unit of the Nigerian Police Force established in 1993
That was some 10 years before the EFCC was established by OBJoke to do the same thing with a focus on his political enemies.
The current Head of EFCC, Lamorde was one of the pioneer police officers in the SFU.

Meanwhile, anyone who is aggrieved by REPORTS of inadequate funding for EFCC should petition his Senator and/or Representative to find out if/why there was not enough budget provision for the agency.

I know you can even defend the devil, in as much as your pay is remitted as at and when due. smh!

2 Likes

Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by dinggle: 11:12pm On Dec 31, 2013
Efcc is a waste of money. They can't be there and people like IBB, OBJ, Odili, Abdulsalam, Fayose, Igbenedion e.t.c are walking free. It needs to be closed for good, they are equally a fraud on our system. The youths will one days serve their own justice to the past and present politicians.
Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by anonimi: 11:13pm On Dec 31, 2013
Clerverly:
I know you can even defend the devil, in as much as your pay is remitted as at and when due. smh!

You do not need to see me the way YOU are.
Simply respond to my post if you have anything to point as being a LIE.
Surely that can't be so difficult for a CLEVERly person like you or should it
Otherwise

[img]http://2.bp..com/-Y39MJJMun1Y/TsimjFuX5NI/AAAAAAAAAbg/ZsW36ErUJnw/s1600/zipped%252Bmouth.jpg[/img]

#FriendlyAdvice
Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 31, 2013
Pathetic, everyday we keep sinking as impunity becomes the norm.
Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by tellwisdom: 11:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
What is Efcc?? Na commission?? sad
Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by SQURA(f): 11:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
anonimi:

some idiota like comparing naija to usa. get your head away from your hanus
Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 31, 2013
PROPAGANDA alert!

Sincere 9gerian:
** We Are Not Broke – EFCC

By: Bode Gbadebo on December 18, 2013 - 6:21pm

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has denied newspaper reports on Tuesday that it was broke and currently has less than N2 million in its account, describing the reports as a gross misrepresentation of what happened and has NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on the operations of the commission.

The EFCC in a statement by its head, media and publicity, Wilson Uwujaren, titled “Financial Health of the EFCC” on Wednesday said the attention of the anti-graft agency has been drawn to the reports credited to the EFCC secretary, Emmanuel Adegboyega Aremo, while making submissions before the Senate Committee on Drugs, Narcotics and Financial Crimes on Monday.

“The comment credited to the Secretary to the Commission, Mr Emmanuel Adegboyega Aremo who led a delegation of the EFCC to the public hearing by the Senate Committee on Drugs, Narcotics and Financial Crimes on the Bill to establish the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Agency, is gross misrepresentation of what transpired at the event.

“The mention of N2 million by Aremo was not in respect of the total financial health of the EFCC, but a direct response to a remark by the chair of the Committee, Senator Victor Lar, to the effect that his committee had observed during an oversight visit to the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit, NFIU that it has no power generating set while its ceiling had caved in. To this, Aremo remarked that the commission had complained to the committee during the visit on the state of its finances and that the situation has not improved,” the
statement said

http://leadership.ng/news/181213/we-are-not-broke-efcc

1 Like

Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by anonimi: 11:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
SQURA:

some idiota like comparing naija to usa. get your head away from your hanus

Are you saying I made a mistake to include you among those who are civilised

2 Likes

Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by Clerverly: 11:20pm On Dec 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: PROPAGANDA alert!

The rejoinder doesnt make sense to me, I dont know about you sha sad
Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by anonimi: 11:22pm On Dec 31, 2013
abbakacici: Lamode is being used by Buhari and tinubu to make the govt look bad

Not so long ago it was CBN's Chief Imam Sanusi with his false alarm of missing money only to recant and apologise later shocked
The winchious elements are really gathering to distract GEJ from delivering to us, citizens of this potentially great country so they can get someone to resume the old ways of SIMPLY sharing our COMMONwealth national cake aka Niger Delta oil revenue.

2 Likes

Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by PureNigerian: 11:22pm On Dec 31, 2013
@Sincere 9gerian

Are you not tired of defending the indefensible.

3 Likes

Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 31, 2013
EFCC has cleared the air that it is not broke. The mischievous reports was orchestrated by APC and its gang of desperados.

But is EFCC complaining of insufficient funds? Yes. But so also are ALL the MDAs- Ministry of works, ministry of transport, ministry of housing and urban development, police, army, navy, judiciary, etc,etc. All of them are complaining of insufficient funds.
Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by PureNigerian: 11:26pm On Dec 31, 2013
@Sincere 9gerian

Can you please explain to us the outsiders since you know too much what happened to
the money? It was budgeted for
Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by pmc01(m): 11:27pm On Dec 31, 2013
anonimi:

It's not compulsory to drop a comment if you don't understand fully what's been discussed.

Go through the piece again and check for the bolded part that said the FG failed to remit the funds appropriated for the agency, as was ratified by the lawmakers.

Civilised people?
Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 31, 2013
Firefire: It has become pitiful to hear that EFCC which has been fighting corruption is broke?
I ask myself what happen to EFCC Budget allocation in 2013.
N357m budget by the agency for local travels and transportation;
N100m for international travels;
N73m for local training
N130m for international training.
N135m for satellite and broadband charges
In 2012 EFCC spent N54m for sporting activities I don’t know for 2013 but would be more…
The commission requested for N6.514b for personnel expenditure, but had N5.804b allocated to it by the Budget Office thus leaving a shortfall of N710.230m.
So once EFCC has identified the shortfall I expect them to save cost on the other expenditures or what happen?
Only God can deliver Nigeria from clueless and visionless people in position of authority.

http://www.punchng.com/news/senate-queries-efccs-outrageous-2013-budget/

my dear brother,in Nigeria as we all know it is one thing to appropiate a budget to a particular sector it is another to release the funds for projects initially included in the budget,so dont be blown away by what you read.
Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 31, 2013
PureNigerian:

Are you not tired of defending the indefensible.
Not until you and your gang of thieves and propagandists get tired of trying to distort the indistortable.

The EFCC has provided clarification dismissing the OP. It is left for readers to choose which to believe between the statement directly from the EFCC and propaganda news reports.

2 Likes

Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by anonimi: 11:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
pmc01:
It's not compulsory to drop a comment if you don't understand fully what's been discussed.
Go through the piece again and check for the bolded part that said the FG failed to remit the funds appropriated for the agency, as was ratified by the lawmakers.
Civilised people?

If lawmakers ratified something and it was not done, the best thing is to scream in the newspapers, right
What is all the noise about OVERSIGHT functions of the lawmakers and the regular hullabaloo of budget performance?

Any reasonable civilised person will suspect such news story, don't you think
Especially given recent FUTILE attempts to embarrass the president with spurious LIES.

2 Likes

Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
Serious?!
Do you want to know my expectations for 2014? Click here: www.nairaland.com/1575864/expectations-2014
Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by SQURA(f): 11:37pm On Dec 31, 2013
anonimi:

Are you saying I made a mistake to include you among those who are civilised

shut up there.you are so annoying. now give me one contact of your rep or senator in your zone so we know you aint speaking with your dick-lips.
Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by anonimi: 11:47pm On Dec 31, 2013
SQURA:

shut up there.you are so annoying. now give me one contact of your rep or senator in your zone so we know you aint speaking with your dick-lips.

Give me one reason why I should oblige you on a public forum like this
Why are you providing further evidence to confirm my mistake of including you in the pool of civilised Nigerians?
If you do not know the contact details of your RepresentaTHIEF and SINator, please endeavour to find out quickly so you can channel your concerns about EFCC's inadequate funding PROPERLY.
Get it

1 Like

Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by free2ryhme: 11:52pm On Dec 31, 2013
Mama peace and bros jona is building mansions with d money grin

2 Likes

Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by delson2k: 11:53pm On Dec 31, 2013
ha,no coment sha@if u like my coment tick like
Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by Akainzo(m): 11:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: PROPAGANDA alert!

** We Are Not Broke – EFCC

By: Bode Gbadebo on December 18, 2013 - 6:21pm

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has denied newspaper reports on Tuesday that it was broke and currently has less than N2 million in its account, describing the reports as a gross misrepresentation of what happened and has NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on the operations of the commission.

The EFCC in a statement by its head, media and publicity, Wilson Uwujaren, titled “Financial Health of the EFCC” on Wednesday said the attention of the anti-graft agency has been drawn to the reports credited to the EFCC secretary, Emmanuel Adegboyega Aremo, while making submissions before the Senate Committee on Drugs, Narcotics and Financial Crimes on Monday.

“The comment credited to the Secretary to the Commission, Mr Emmanuel Adegboyega Aremo who led a delegation of the EFCC to the public hearing by the Senate Committee on Drugs, Narcotics and Financial Crimes on the Bill to establish the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Agency, is gross misrepresentation of what transpired at the event.

“The mention of N2 million by Aremo was not in respect of the total financial health of the EFCC, but a direct response to a remark by the chair of the Committee, Senator Victor Lar, to the effect that his committee had observed during an oversight visit to the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit, NFIU that it has no power generating set while its ceiling had caved in. To this, Aremo remarked that the commission had complained to the committee during the visit on the state of its finances and that the situation has not improved,” the
statement said

Hmmm, if the situation has not improved, is it NOT because there is no funds?
Ok, If EFCC cannot repair or power its generating set because the situation has not improved, is it not because it is still broke?

Also, the disclaimer does not refute the statement that EFCC has not received its allocation in months, is that not why the situation has not improved?

It can be painted anyhow, but when is sits like a duck, quacks like a duck, it is ....

1 Like

Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by gramci: 12:22am On Jan 01, 2014
Sincere 9gerian:
Not until you and your gang of thieves and propagandists get tired of trying to distort the indistortable.

The EFCC has provided clarification dismissing the OP. It is left for readers to choose which to believe between the statement directly from the EFCC and propaganda news reports.

the op (cleverly) that I know can't be certified to be mentally stable. If you doubt just take time to go through his posts.

1 Like

Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by maloma4real2007(m): 12:27am On Jan 01, 2014
that is why there is high rate of corruption in naija these days. oh, God safe our country
Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by earnpower: 12:30am On Jan 01, 2014
Re: Mayday! Mayday!! "EFCC Is Broke"-Cant Pay Salaries by Pukkah: 12:34am On Jan 01, 2014
Clerverly: Ijaw people are just fishermen and nothing more! Do not try them with any other work grin

This is not nice. Don't castigate an entire group or tribe because you want to criticize only one man.

Face the man and leave the rest of the group. So Ijaw men are even taking the man to task so your approach is faulty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saboteurs Hold Nigeria Hostage As Power Grid Collapsed 115 Times In 9 Years / Labour Party Challenges Tinubu To An Open Debate With Peter Obi / Fashola And Gen.Olukolade At Anti-terrorism Discussion Hosted By Dele Momodu(Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.