Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,220 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics (63599 Views)

Is This The World's Thinnest Phone Charger? / 5 Things You Should Know If You Are Using A Phone With A Non-removable Battery / How To Know If Your Android Phone Is Fake Or Original (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by eddyland: 10:54am On Jul 06, 2015
Your phone charger might be a slow charger or a fast one. If you charge your phones with fast chargers, you will definitely enjoy charging phones in this epileptic power nation.

Now here is a simple visual physics experiment that you can do even now to know whether your phone charger is a slow or fast charger.

Pick up that your charger now and look at the output power ratings; if you see 5V----1A or like this 5V----1000mA or anything less than that 1000mAh, then you shoulgld immediately know that you have a slow phone charger. But if you see 5V----2A or in this format 5V----2000mA or more, then you have a fast phone charger.
Source: http://highteknology..com/2015/07/how-to-detect-fast-and-slow-smartphone.html

49 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Starships4u(m): 11:01am On Jul 06, 2015
Okay.....

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 06, 2015
I like this simple tip. It'd sure help me obtain a better phone in the nearest future

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by SuperSuave(m): 11:05am On Jul 06, 2015
undecided
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by koyla: 11:16am On Jul 06, 2015
Adding something small,,,,time taken for your charger to charge your battery depends on your charger and your battery capacity.
Assuming you have a battery capacity of 4000mAh.
charger x has 1000mA=1A
charger y has 2000mA=2A
to know the time taken for charger x/y to charge your 4000mAh full, divide the battery capacity by the charger output. The answer gives you the time to complete a full charge.
charger x will take approximately 4hours while charger y takes approximately 2hours to fully charge your 4000mAh battery.

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by eddyland: 11:27am On Jul 06, 2015
koyla:
Adding something small,,,,time taken for your charger to charge your battery depends on your charger and your battery capacity.
charger x has 1000mA=1A
charger y has 2000mA=2A
to know the time taken for charger x/y to charge your 4000mAh full, divide the battery capacity by the charger output. The answer gives you the time to complete a full charge.
charger x will take approximately 4hours while charger y takes approximately 2hours to fully charge your 4000mAh battery.
u no know say many ppl detest maths? When u don start to d mention x/y here and dier and den com put division on top, u don wan begin create confusion be dat na..dat is why I said simple physics 4 everybody to understand... lol...bro, I got ur calculation fully. It even depends on so many other parameter not listed here, but we jst wana knw which is a fast charger or a slow one. But thanks 4 d addendum

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Luizkid(m): 11:45am On Jul 06, 2015
nice piece, found it informative

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by franugo(m): 11:48am On Jul 06, 2015
cool man this is very nice
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Kunle106(m): 12:03pm On Jul 06, 2015
Informative, nice one
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by DollyParton1(f): 12:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
koyla:
charger x has 1000mA=1A
charger y has 2000mA=2A
You just had to complicate the simple tip.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by promisechild(m): 12:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
cool

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by koyla: 12:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
eddyland:
u no know say many ppl detest maths? When u don start to d mention x/y here and dier and den com put division on top, u don wan begin create confusion be dat na..dat is why I said simple physics 4 everybody to understand... lol...bro, I got ur calculation fully. It even depends on so many other parameter not listed here, but we jst wana knw which is a fast charger or a slow one. But thanks 4 d addendum
lol I understand your point

4 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by koyla: 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
DollyParton1:
You just had to complicate the simple tip.
OK wasn't meant to

3 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by paperlord007(m): 1:37pm On Jul 06, 2015
WAt about 1.3A
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by powerfulsettingz: 1:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
check mine below

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2015
Do not forget that charging current affects battery performance & lifespan. Stick to OEM recommended chargers if you love your device.

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by fagbohun4j(m): 1:49pm On Jul 06, 2015
This is nice.
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by SporaD8: 1:53pm On Jul 06, 2015
Make I add mine...
Basing your choice of phone on it battery capacity(ma), with the believe that it would lead to more working-hour could be misleading. Some phones CPU consume more powers hence their higher battery rating.
The best bet is to use the talk-time and idle-time parameters. This explain why a Nokia 3310 of 500ma battery capacity works 4days on end without charge whereas a smartphone of 3000ma battery capacity on work 34hrs before it next charge

9 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by SporaD8: 1:58pm On Jul 06, 2015
paperlord007:
WAt about 1.3A
That will tranlate to 1300ma. ...But is it for battery or charger rating?
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by hazyfm: 2:19pm On Jul 06, 2015
I SEE
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by shedrack222: 2:19pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hu cares

Woman so scared of vomiting during pregnancy asks her boyfriend to have vasectomy

[url]proudlyweb.com/woman-so-scared-of-vomiting-during-pregnancy-asks-her-boyfriend-to-have-vasectomy[/url]
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 06, 2015
undecided
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by elohorayodele: 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
tekinologi
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by donsmall94(m): 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
Test it
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by Georgekyrian(m): 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
I trust my Power bank..
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by halton(m): 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
How do i know if the charger is working...just asking...
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by roperpole: 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2015
0rex:
Do not forget that charging current affects battery performance & lifespan. Stick to OEM recommended chargers if you love your device.

is it easy.. paying almost 5k for blown chagers

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by asdfjklhaha(f): 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2015
A
Re: How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics by yemstok(m): 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2015
my phone charger is faster than Usain chukwudi bolt himself grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price / Blazing!!! Get 9mobile 1GB For N200 Valid For 3days: Everybody is Eligible / Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.