Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone (30911 Views)

18years Old American Student Built DRONE GUN / Cameroon Launches First Air Strikes On Boko Haram / Nigerian Built Warship One Year Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by fydence: 12:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
E nor go better for the person wey afflict nigerians with this disease of negativism and hate towards their own. TOO MANY IGNORANT PEOPLE TALKING RUBBISH HERE... A BIG CONGRATS TO THE NIGERIA AIRFORCE... RIDE ON GEJ... MAY THE CHILDREN OF UR HATERZ CONTINUE TO EXPOSE THE HYPOCRISY BEHIND THEIR NEGATIVISM AND HATE ON NATIONAL PAPERS

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by herquleez(m): 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2013
No doubt, the drone is a good step in the right direction for the airforce. So was the patrol boat built by the navy a while ago. The funny part of these things is the way we celebrate and jubilate at these things. No doubt the military engineers should be encouraged and kept busy, but the fact remains that these projects are more like research and a learning means for them. We should stop over celebrating these things.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Pain(m): 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2013
Please stop all this rancour and bile spilling..It is a reconnaissance drone and not an armed drone. We must crawl before walking. This is a step towards greater things. All Hail Team GULMA!!
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by fydence: 12:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
Nitana: Instead of producing android phones to keep youths busy.They are building drones .
your dull brain don produce toothpick before?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by ocelot2006(m): 12:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
funshint:
'derica tomato or rice..lol!...Nigeria is such a big joke. A country without constant electricity, good road and food self-sufficiency going to drone production? A country that can't even produce the Ak-47s used by its military. There's nothing worse than misplaced priorities. GEJ only gives us more reason to call him "CLUELESS"!!!

Mr Man, shut your trap. If there's anyone CLUELESS, it definitely you.

1) Nigeria has been producing FN-FAL/NR-1 assault rifles, Beretta 9mm pistols, GPMGs, and mortar tubes+munitions EVER SINCE the 1980s (DICON, kaduna). The AK-47/OBJ-006 assault rifle line was only introduced in 2006.

2)Nigeria produces APCs. Read up on tge Nigeria Army Corps of Engineers (Igiri APC), and Proforce's armoured vehicles.

3) Every current bulletproof/tactical vest worn by the Nigerian military (especially during the Mali conflict) was designed and produced locally by Maron-Dolphin+DICON. Also included is the Camel water system worn by soldiers.

4)Spares for the ageing Alpha Jets are now fabricated and produced locally.

5) The new NNS ANDONI gunboat was designed and built 100% in Nigeria by the Naval dockyard.
A 2nd is currently under construction.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by fydence: 12:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
digi101: Quick Update

News reaching us indicate that Nigeria's first indigenous drone has successfully located the leader of the dreaded BOKO HARAM sect "Shekrau". The drones first assignment was a walk in the park as apparently Shekarau was located under the presidents seat discussing with a cell leader of alqeida during the launch of the drone at aso rock. Updates to follow soon...

Abeg somebody do us a favour and move this to the joke section angry
Simply Stupid!!
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by fydence: 12:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
ocelot2006:

Mr Man, shut your trap. If there's anyone CLUELESS, it definitely you.

1) Nigeria has been producing FN-FAL/NR-1 assault rifles, Beretta 9mm pistols, GPMGs, and mortar tubes+munitions EVER SINCE the 1980s (DICON, kaduna). The AK-47/OBJ-006 assault rifle line was only introduced in 2006.

2)Nigeria produces APCs. Read up on tge Nigeria Army Corps of Engineers (Igiri APC), and Proforce's armoured vehicles.

3) Every current bulletproof/tactical vest worn by the Nigerian military (especially during the Mali conflict) was designed and produced locally by Maron-Dolphin+DICON. Also included is the Camel water system worn by soldiers.

4)Spares for the ageing Alpha Jets are now fabricated and produced locally.

5) The new NNS ANDONI gunboat was designed and built 100% in Nigeria by the Naval dockyard.
A 2nd is currently under construction.

You are welcome Sir... We need people lyk you on this thread... I beg if u see oga Henry120 and co for road i beg call them come too...too many mumus here!
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by BekeeBuAgbara: 12:32pm On Dec 18, 2013
funshint:
See your life; why don't U̶̲̥̅̊ tell people to go and eat drone. Infact your mumu stinks to high heaven. Oya run back into your cage *flips koboko. Bingo!
N.B:- so much pomp just to launch a wooden plane model#9jaDrone. Smh!
Don't work, sit there and expect the government to spoon-feed you. People are talking about technology, you are here busy talking about eat, eat.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by 50calibre(m): 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
chairman: what type of people are so proud to display their ignorance in public like this? And these are ppl who who said others are clueless

Shut up!! Don't you think? On a scale of preference, should drones come ahead of the basic needs of average Nigerians? How about a space program, I'm sure you'd like it too right? You have to crawl before you walk.

This project was just another way to siphon money, wait till you see how much was channeled towards its funding.

Lets wait & see how functional the drones will be.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
A bus filled with politicians was driving through the countryside one day, on the campaign ail. The bus driver,

caught up in the beautiful scenery, loses control and crashes into the ditch.

A farmer living nearby hears the horrible crash and rushes out to discover the wreckage. Finding the politicians he buries them.

The next day, the police come to the farm to question the man. "So you buried all the politicians?" asked the police officer. "Were they all dead?"

The farmer answered, "Some said they weren't, but you know how politicians lie."
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
50calibre: Hahahahahahaha Jonathan is building drones instead of putting food on the table of suffering Nigerians, Damn! Nigeria is fu*ked.

Word if advice to all those living within the vicinity of the test flight, please evacuate the the area before the test begins, a product must reflect its country of production.
if for say cyber space na one kind physical realm, I for plank you with this rubbish wey you just talk now. sad

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by amiskurie(m): 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
HAAHA
LOOK AT THE SHOW ROOM SELF grin
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Swiftboy(m): 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
While I'll say this is a welcome development,I'll also stress the fact that its not enough if a drone cant defend itself not alone lunching offensive against an enemy!
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by vislabraye(m): 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2013
Let's see it work. QED.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Denko2721987(m): 12:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
Niger delta boi:
one word for you:IGNORANCE

i dont see his statement as that of ignorance... and i totally agree with what he called "mis-placed priorities".. In a real sense their is nufin wrong with this technology but countries who are using this new technology are countries with already basic / working infrastructures to start with.. We dont even have sufficient power to start with talkless of other issues like proper regulations on aviation, security and what have you, then na to come they adapt drones (which will in a short while will start crashing into people from the air)... I remember there was a time this country wanted to implement the use of ICMB's, i laffed so hard cos this is a country where we dont even have suitable not to talk of modern fighter jets trying to use ICMBs... lets learn to crawl before we walk....
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Capnd143(m): 12:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
Desola:

Don't be fooled. That drone is to be used by Ihederica when SS/SE go to war against Nigeria.
u be mumu... Shebi na ihegirika be cheif of air staff?
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by talkativevoice: 12:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
Toy Drones for Nigerian Toddlers at Christmas.

$21-$300 Cheap remote control toys converted to a $3 million drone is a sick game.
Mr Jo-Lantern and his donkey cabinet should present this to their children as a drone and not to Nigeria. I will like to know what local standards were followed in assembling the toy and its joysticks.
http://i.imgur.com/3lRXYe5.jpg

With $300 every Nigerian can buy a drone asap. Here are links.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__22175__target_drone_v1_5_fibe...

http://www.nitroplanes.com/projet-drone-2500mm-kit.html?gclid=CIqq0MzguL...

Guys, wise up before the dumb leaders waste your future!

CREDITED AND SOURCE TO: Lanre Kolawole on Saharareporters.com @ 12:53pm on 12/18/2013 (http://saharareporters.com/gallery/photonews-president-jonathan-unveils-locally-made-drone-didnt-fly)
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by olalijnr(m): 12:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
He's preparing for his enemies in 2015
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Abbey2sam(m): 12:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
pDude: No pix, no test flight, nothing.

In this day and age of camera phones cheesy

Keep deceiving yourselves cry

And photoshop
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by 50calibre(m): 1:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
scipher: if for say cyber space na one kind physical realm, I for plank you with this rubbish wey you just talk now. sad

I know! Like you plank your folks at home, fu*king animal
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Rexyl(m): 1:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
we are yet to get there though we have been clamouring for indigenous technologies for long. With this achievement I believe the country will technologically get somewhere. The object looks so tiny but there is massive strength in it. Because of ignorance some people here are taking it to be a toy, may be they need to be educated, as they still have long way to go in order to know much. Don't consider our own technology as a laughing stock again. Sighting new thing like this you are expected to laud all contributors if a well developed Nigeria is your dream. I stated this because I have seen it here that many would never have faith in themselves not to talk of their county.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
solomon111: If you want israeli-adapted drones,then the amebo series is what you're talking about.
The GULMA was built by Nigerians with technology transfer from israel.

Let us see it action first.. that is the true test.. unless it is not ready for action and is still in pilot phase. Sometimes we refuse to tell the Truth so we can look Good.. FG just say we got some elbow grease from the Isrealis
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by ogbronx(m): 1:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
Akpangbon: Nonsense people. Nigeria is a joke, then fu ck out of it. If you want to see the drone, take a trip to Kaduna. Nonsense.
y I often wonder what pple like you will pass to their children. Why alk these insults? Are still an unrefined person in this 21st century?
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 18, 2013
i hope it is very sophisticated just like dat 1 of the US, i hope it can carry missiles and lunch those missiles with accuracy, i hope it can't be hacked down by enemies? all these questions i need to ask the airforce
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by chi4ik(m): 1:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
explorerataga: Clearly from comment I read here... Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria not the leaders. Good job Nigeria Air Force
tanx bro, U got it right. At times I think if this guys ar really Nigerians.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by leofab(f): 1:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
funshint:
See your life; why don't U̶̲̥̅̊ tell people to go and eat drone. Infact your mumu stinks to high heaven. Oya run back into your cage *flips koboko. Bingo!
N.B:- so much pomp just to launch a wooden plane model#9jaDrone. Smh!
From your delusional state of mind; I guess your saint acclaimed APC can woo for Prophet T. B Joshua after they are done with Atiku Abubakar cos you all need a magician to rule nigeria and not a president.. What is a government by Magicians called?
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by emmacity2: 1:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
keep it up Nigeria and the president and the forces. my the Good lord Bless u for the achievement
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by chi4ik(m): 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2013
cursorstore: Why are we wasting or time and money? why are we celebrating machine that can not function or work? what is Jonathan is trying to achieve by launching machine without engine. Was that how America launched its own. Lets learn from others

Do you want to be FIRST CLASS SOFTWARE PROGRAMMER in JAVA,PHP,ASP.NET,VB.NET etc? Visit
CURSOR SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY, 11, Ayige St.,Agege, Lagos,Nigeria
Call Now: 08067094060, 08128118117
Visit here for more info: http://cst-ng..com

and who told U there is no engine in d drone? imprudent.
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by leofab(f): 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
50calibre:

Shut up!! Don't you think? On a scale of preference, should drones come ahead of the basic needs of average Nigerians? How about a space program, I'm sure you'd like it too right? You have to crawl before you walk.

This project was just another way to siphon money, wait till you see how much was channeled towards its funding.

Lets wait & see how functional the drones will be.

So all Nigerian should be fed first before we proceed with Technology; I guess your father bought a Bentley first before marrying your mother.... Think of what you can do for Nigeria and not what Nigeria can do for you.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by chi4ik(m): 1:20pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ess: Why call it GULMA? Gulma in Hausa means amebo or spy. It seems the name was tribalised.
the name Gulma dosn't matter, as far as it's Nigeria product $ it delivers period
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by okeke2: 1:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
Nigerians are sooo SHALLOW!!!
Re: Jonathan Launches First Nigerian-Built Drone by chid3x: 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
Swiftboy: While I'll say this is a welcome development,I'll also stress the fact that its not enough if a drone cant defend itself not alone lunching offensive against an enemy!

This is not an armed drone bro! It is meant for recon!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola / We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP / Buhari, Not Jonathan To Be Blamed For $9bn Judgement Debt, Says P&ID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.