Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria (2961 Views)

See ISIS Gruesome Massacre In Iraq / Massacre Of 147 people In Kenya: Face Behind The Attack / Jews Protest The Massacre In Gaza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by Nobody: 5:27am On Dec 24, 2013
NairaMinted: The war of aggression in Syria is an issue that I am passionate about and I am out to enlighten people on what's really going on there.

There are so many other articles that I would love to post but the SPAMBOT is always cutting me off!!
In all of your sh*ts. What is the point you are driving at? Are you saying that Al Assad should remain in power and continue to murder his own people or leave? You must be confused after quoting a long source with having to make any sense of the war and why it is necessary to get rid of Al Assad!
Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 24, 2013
all4naija: . The truth remains Al Assad must go for killing his own people![/i]

I find it an absolute waste of time exchanging words with someone who has already chosen what to believe
Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by vedaxcool(m): 1:06pm On Dec 24, 2013
Assad murders people by aerial bombardment yet some find his actions defensible, some people will defend the devil if he claims to work against NATO. Smh

1 Like

Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by thoth: 1:46am On Dec 25, 2013
all4naija: This is gibberish! It is clear you have nothing of your own to write about concerning this matter than quoting the whole source here, thinking that it will distract people from reality on ground. The truth remains Al Assad must go for killing his own people!
all4naija: You are the bastard without brain here indeed! How in the hell you have to insult me for another country's war is beyond me. Are you out of your mind?! Look at this croaking toad insulting me because he couldn't express his views and expect me to share his sentiments based on hearsay!

Dude, you must be joking

hahahahaha told you guys it is a watse of time. since you guys have [size=16pt]nothing of your own to write[/size], it might interest you to know that All4naija lives in syria, is a syrian and Assad killed his father and brother and he escaped from Assads prison.
Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by NairaMinted: 3:39pm On Dec 25, 2013
thoth:

hahahahaha told you guys it is a watse of time. since you guys have [size=16pt]nothing of your own to write[/size], it might interest you to know that All4naija lives in syria, is a syrian and Assad killed his father and brother and he escaped from Assads prison.

Ignore, ignore, ignore. Others are reading and getting enlightened. Trust me.

Merry Christmas to all by the way!
Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by NairaMinted: 3:59pm On Dec 25, 2013
[size=24pt]U.S. secretly backed Syrian opposition groups, cables released by WikiLeaks show[/size]

AP - Syrian anti-government protesters march in Banias, Syria on Sunday. The Arabic banner at center reads: "All of us would die for our country.”

By Craig Whitlock, Published: April 18, 2011

The State Department has secretly financed Syrian political opposition groups and related projects, including a satellite TV channel that beams anti-government programming into the country, according to previously undisclosed diplomatic cables.

The London-based satellite channel, Barada TV, began broadcasting in April 2009 but has ramped up operations to cover the mass protests in Syria as part of a long-standing campaign to overthrow the country’s autocratic leader, Bashar al-Assad. Human rights groups say scores of people have been killed by Assad’s security forces since the demonstrations began March 18; Syria has blamed the violence on “armed gangs.”

Barada TV is closely affiliated with the Movement for Justice and Development, a London-based network of Syrian exiles. Classified U.S. diplomatic cables show that the State Department has funneled as much as $6 million to the group since 2006 to operate the satellite channel and finance other activities inside Syria. The channel is named after the Barada River, which courses through the heart of Damascus, the Syrian capital.

The U.S. money for Syrian opposition figures began flowing under President George W. Bush after he effectively froze political ties with Damascus in 2005. The financial backing has continued under President Obama, even as his administration sought to rebuild relations with Assad. In January, the White House posted an ambassador to Damascus for the first time in six years.

The cables, provided by the anti-secrecy Web site WikiLeaks, show that U.S. Embassy officials in Damascus became worried in 2009 when they learned that Syrian intelligence agents were raising questions about U.S. programs. Some embassy officials suggested that the State Department reconsider its involvement, arguing that it could put the Obama administration’s rapprochement with Damascus at risk.

Continue reading this article >>
Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by NairaMinted: 4:25pm On Dec 25, 2013
Between if anyone is concerned about the manner in which innocent civilians have been killed by bombs dropped by the Syrian government forces, you have every right to be enraged by it. Absolutely!! However, note that while I do not condone this act, this is sometimes unavoidable in war most especially when the so called freedom fighters have embedded themselves in civilian populated areas using them as human shields.

If we must condemn this alleged act of aggression from Syrian government forces (note that I can never use the term "Assad's forces" cos this is the legitimate and recognized Army of the Syrian government like it or not grin), we should also, in the spirit of fairness and honesty, condemn any such similar act carried out by any other government or any side. E.g. the murderous siege of Fallujah, Iraq by U.S. forces back in 2005/2006 in which white phosphorus was used and the use of depleted uranium by Israel on Palestinians. These are substances banned from use in war by the way.
The siege, massive bombardment, rounding up and cold blooded murder of Ghadaffi loyalists at his last stronghold of Sirte by NTC rebels aided by NATO also comes to mind.
So let's shelve hypocrisy aside and condemn such acts equally no matter whose side is perpetrating it.

1 Like

Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
NairaMinted: Between if anyone is concerned about the manner in which innocent civilians have been killed by bombs dropped by the Syrian government forces, you have every right to be enraged by it. Absolutely!! However, note that while I do not condone this act, this is sometimes unavoidable in war most especially when the so called freedom fighters have embedded themselves in civilian populated areas using them as human shields.

If we must condemn this alleged act of aggression from Syrian government forces (note that I can never use the term "Assad's forces" cos this is the legitimate and recognized Army of the Syrian government like it or not grin), we should also, in the spirit of fairness and honesty, condemn any such similar act carried out by any other government or any side. E.g. the murderous siege of Fallujah, Iraq by U.S. forces back in 2005/2006 in which white phosphorus was used and the use of depleted uranium by Israel on Palestinians. These are substances banned from use in war by the way.
The siege, massive bombardment, rounding up and cold blooded murder of Ghadaffi loyalists at his last stronghold of Sirte by NTC rebels aided by NATO also comes to mind.
So let's shelve hypocrisy aside and condemn such acts equally no matter whose side is perpetrating it.
NONSENSE!
Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
NairaMinted: [size=24pt]U.S. secretly backed Syrian opposition groups, cables released by WikiLeaks show[/size]

AP - Syrian anti-government protesters march in Banias, Syria on Sunday. The Arabic banner at center reads: "All of us would die for our country.”

How does that population who claim to die for the country represent everybody? There is always this feeling inside everybody to fight for the country but not fighting for authoritarians and tyrants. At least, AP should be investigative enough to know that it must analyse for the reader the situation as a whole. How does that one reflect the view of all now? The government army is not fighting for the country by bombarding innocent citizens. No matter how much argument we make and claim the rebels are using humans as shields doesn't nullify the fact Al Assad is bent on staying in power forever and he wants to achieve that by all means possible. It is time you start looking at the cause of the war rather than dwelling on sentiment and news stories that have different views. The same AP will tomorrow loudmouth about how the people fought against the tyrant if they succeeded to remove him from power. You would have to reference Qaddafi's case to better understand what I am talking about.

The truth of the matter is that the blame is on the president. He is stubborn, swift and dangerous. Such a person cannot create a path for election to take place. What I see in the whole complicated Syrian war is that Al Assad is being given the time to murder his people and the terrorist groups involvement is making it difficult to get rid of him easily. The reason the West is hesitant to take action. If the terrors can give room to the people to do the fighting he will be toppled within months(that is my personal observation).

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by thoth: 8:44am On Dec 26, 2013
all4naija:

How does that population who claim to die for the country represent everybody? There is always this feeling inside everybody to fight for the country but not fighting for authoritarians and tyrants. At least, AP should be investigative enough to know that it must analyse for the reader the situation as a whole. How that does reflect the view of all now? The government army is not fighting for the country by bombarding innocent citizens. No matter how much argument we make and claim the rebels are using humans as shields doesn't nullify the fact Al Assad is bent of staying in power forever and he want to achieve that by all means possible. It is time you start looking as the cause of the war rather than dwelling of sentiment and news stories that have different views. The same AP will tomorrow loudmouth about how the people fought against the tyrant if they succeeded to remove him from power. You would have to reference Qaddafi's case to better understand what I am talking about.

The truth of the matter is that the blame is on the president. He is stubborn, swift and dangerous. Such a person cannot create a path for election to take place. What I see in the whole complicate Syrian war is that Al Assad is being given the time to murder his people and the terrorist groups involvement is making it difficult to get rid of him easily. The reason the West is hesitant to take action. If the terrors can give room to the people to do the fighting he will be toppled with months(that is my personal observation).

Thank you.

Hahaha i told you guys that this guy can't read past 4 lines of text, from his post above it is quite clear he looked at the picture and then looked at the caption below it then proceeded as usual to spew another filth. hehe . Given the points presented by the Op in that post he could have made a good argument but only if he had actually read it.
Why such a Bozo would want to splash his filth across such an educative thread is beyong my understanding.

1 Like

Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
thoth:

Hahaha i told you guys that this guy can't read past 4 lines of text, from his post above it is quite clear he looked at the picture and then looked at the caption below it then proceeded as usual to spew another filth. hehe . Given the points presented by the Op in that post he could have made a good argument but only if he had actually read it.
Why such a Bozo would want to splash his filth across such an educative thread is beyong my understanding.

Oh! Damn you! I don't give a hoot about your silliness and your overly recognizable I-know-it-all syndrome when you know nothing about what is happening and what the argument is all about. All you expect is for people to believe you and accept your views. You are plainly a fool who hates to see other people air their opinions from a different way.I think you need to have a check-up with the psychiatrist, you i d i o t!

It is the part that caught my attention I quoted and responded to in my previous comment. If you cannot agree with that you better f**k off replying to my posts.

I am glad you have almost successfully derailed the thread with your insulting nature. It is clear you can't debate than going about using abusive words. I can barely make sense of your comment with words like, bozo, filth,etc. They speak of an insolent buffoon!
Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 26, 2013
Can anybody imagine such airhead called thoth praising a tyrant and murderer like Al Assad?! Jeez!
Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by thoth: 2:18am On Dec 27, 2013
all4naija:

Oh! Damn you! I don't give a hoot about your silliness and your overly recognizable I-know-it-all syndrome when you know nothing about what is happening and what the argument is all about. All you expect is for people to believe you and accept your views. You are plainly a fool who hates to see other people air their opinions from a different way.I think you need to have a check-up with the psychiatrist, you i d i o t!

It is the part that caught my attention I quoted and responded to in my previous comment. If you cannot agree with that you better f**k off replying to my posts.

I am glad you have almost successfully derailed the thread with your insulting nature. It is clear you can't debate than going about using abusive words. I can barely make sense of your comment with words like, bozo, filth,etc. They speak of an insolent buffoon!
How biased,tiny and lopsided is that attention of yours.....you know if you had only attached a picture of you foaming in the mouth to that above post of yours ; it would make quite a merry reading.

Don't worry nobody has to imagine anything about you, we can see all your symptoms from your post though we may lack knowledge of psychiatry to precisely define your sickness. Maybe same as your LIVER EATING BROTHERS . cool

1 Like

Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by Nobody: 3:15am On Dec 27, 2013
thoth:
How biased,tiny and lopsided is that attention of yours.....you know if you had only attached a picture of you foaming in the mouth to that above post of yours ; it would make quite a merry reading.

Don't worry nobody has to imagine anything about you, we can see all your symptoms from your post though we may lack knowledge of psychiatry to precisely define your sickness. Maybe same as your LIVER EATING BROTHERS . cool
Oh! Damn you! You prick!
Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 28, 2013
thoth:

You should ask your useless self if that is what the thread is all about. You are going about the debate by attacking me which doesn't speak well of what you claim to be.If really you want to have a debate you should do it by refraining from insulting me and air your views.Not by forcing me to see your opinions and cursing. Dude,you are a big f o o l. Stark illiterate without common sense. You m o r o n!

You deserve what I say to you here,you i d i o t!
Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by NairaMinted: 11:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
God bless investigative American journalists such Seymour Hersh that stand for truth, justice and accountability.

[size=18pt] NATO's War on Syria Just Got Dirtier[/size]
West scrambles to cover up Syria false flag revelations as Pulitzer Prize-winner & Syria's Electronic Army expose all.

Continue Reading this Article »
Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 30, 2013
NairaMinted: God bless investigative American journalists such Seymour Hersh that stand for truth, justice and accountability.

[size=18pt] NATO's War on Syria Just Got Dirtier[/size]
West scrambles to cover up Syria false flag revelations as Pulitzer Prize-winner & Syria's Electronic Army expose all.

Continue Reading this Article »
Bwahaha... Who ever believed in Seymour Hersh propaganda is a dullard! People will start to question your comments from this moment on for referencing Seymour Hersh. Shhhhhhh...
Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by Underground: 9:09pm On Dec 30, 2013
Syrian govt evacuates 5,000 from town besieged by Islamist rebels

Published: Dec 30, 2013, 06:21 AM

The Syrian government evacuated around 5,000 people on Sunday from a town near Damascus where Islamist rebel fighters executed dozens of civilians two weeks ago, Syrias state news agency reported.
Government forces continued to battle Islamist rebels from the Al-Nusra Front and the Army of Islam in the town of Adra, located northeast of the capital. The town, which has a population of 20,000, was captured in mid-December by jihadist rebel groups.
Many of the civilians killed were members of the Alawite and Druse sects, communities which stand in support of President Bashar Assad, who himself is an Alawite.
Syrian troops surrounded the town following the rebel invasion.
Minister of social affairs Kinda Shammat stated on Sunday that more than 5,000 people were evacuated from the town.
"The citizens who have been evacuated are now in a safe haven as the ministry formed a relief operations' room with the cooperation of Damascus countryside governorate to offer them the basic relief aid," he said in a statement to SANA news agency.
An Adra resident earlier told RT that he escaped from the town under a storm of bullets. He later contacted his colleagues, who described how the executions were carried out by the militants.
They had lists of government employees on them, the man said. This means they had planned for it beforehand and knew who works in the governmental agencies. They went to the addresses they had on their list, forced the people out, and subjected them to the so-called 'Sharia trials.' I think thats what they call it. They sentenced them to death by beheading.
The government in Damascus tried to draw the UNs attention to the events in Adra. The Syrian Foreign Ministry sent a letter of complaint to the United Nations on Monday, saying that more than 100 people were massacred by the Al-Nusra Front and the Islam Brigade.
Both the Adra massacre and the latest Aleppo bombing have signaled an escalation of violence in the war-torn country ahead of the UN-mediated and continuously postponed peace talks on Syria, which are now set to take place in Geneva on January 22.
More than 100,000 people have died during the three-year uprising in Syria, according to UN estimates.

1 Like

Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by thoth: 1:05pm On Dec 31, 2013
The US practically owns the UN, if not for diplomacy i really don't see any sense in informing the UN on anything. We had Vietnam,Nicaragua,Honduras,Iran and the UN did nothing till now, We had Somalia,Afghanistan,Iraq and recently Bahrain and UN still did nothing. What do they expect UN will do in Syria ?
The UN guys are probably waiting for a mistake by Assad or a loophole which they will quickly seize, come to life and then immediately declare a UN intervention which would be lead by US Forces. If that happens then......
Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 01, 2014
thoth: The US practically owns the UN, if not for diplomacy i really don't see any sense in informing the UN on anything. We had Vietnam,Nicaragua,Honduras,Iran and the UN did nothing till now, We had Somalia,Afghanistan,Iraq and recently Bahrain and UN still did nothing. What do they expect UN will do in Syria ?
The UN guys are probably waiting for a mistake by Assad or a loophole which they will quickly seize, come to life and then immediately declare a UN intervention which would be lead by US Forces. If that happens then......

Yet, it has proposed over 6 billion dollars donation plan for the humanitarian service to Syria. The largest ever in the history of the humanitarian branch of the body.I don't know why you are so full of deceits and sentiments as though they will make others side with your wrong information. Please,desist from propagating wrong information.

Thank you.
Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by Nobody: 12:09am On Jan 01, 2014
Underground: Syrian govt evacuates 5,000 from town besieged by Islamist rebels

Published: Dec 30, 2013, 06:21 AM

The Syrian government evacuated around 5,000 people on Sunday from a town near Damascus where Islamist rebel fighters executed dozens of civilians two weeks ago, Syrias state news agency reported.
Government forces continued to battle Islamist rebels from the Al-Nusra Front and the Army of Islam in the town of Adra, located northeast of the capital. The town, which has a population of 20,000, was captured in mid-December by jihadist rebel groups.
Many of the civilians killed were members of the Alawite and Druse sects, communities which stand in support of President Bashar Assad, who himself is an Alawite.
Syrian troops surrounded the town following the rebel invasion.
Minister of social affairs Kinda Shammat stated on Sunday that more than 5,000 people were evacuated from the town.
"The citizens who have been evacuated are now in a safe haven as the ministry formed a relief operations' room with the cooperation of Damascus countryside governorate to offer them the basic relief aid," he said in a statement to SANA news agency.
An Adra resident earlier told RT that he escaped from the town under a storm of bullets. He later contacted his colleagues, who described how the executions were carried out by the militants.
They had lists of government employees on them, the man said. This means they had planned for it beforehand and knew who works in the governmental agencies. They went to the addresses they had on their list, forced the people out, and subjected them to the so-called 'Sharia trials.' I think thats what they call it. They sentenced them to death by beheading.
The government in Damascus tried to draw the UNs attention to the events in Adra. The Syrian Foreign Ministry sent a letter of complaint to the United Nations on Monday, saying that more than 100 people were massacred by the Al-Nusra Front and the Islam Brigade.
Both the Adra massacre and the latest Aleppo bombing have signaled an escalation of violence in the war-torn country ahead of the UN-mediated and continuously postponed peace talks on Syria, which are now set to take place in Geneva on January 22.
More than 100,000 people have died during the three-year uprising in Syria, according to UN estimates.
This is laughable of the same government that has been killing and bombarding innocent citizens for all these years. It has suddenly become a rescuer. Hahaha... Please, post something worth reading about not propaganda. It should tell us about the devastation it caused in second largest Syrian city of Aleppo!

I can only accept this as something done with sincerity until it can prove to stand to creating path for peace and make reforms for a new democratic elected government.

Al Assad must go for killing his own people!

Thank you.
Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by NairaMinted: 1:16am On Jan 10, 2014
[size=18pt]The Liberation of the Syrian City of Adra. Held Hostage by US Sponsored Death Squads[/size]
By Prof. Tim Anderson
Global Research, January 02, 2014

On my last day in Damascus our soldier friend Sam joined us for a late lunch. However he could not eat, as his stomach was churning from what he had just seen at the industrial satellite town of Adra.

The Syrian Arab Army had been progressively liberating a huge civilian population held hostage for more than two weeks by thousands of foreign-backed armed fighters, most notably the al Qaeda-linked Jabhat al Nusra.

As a National Defence Force volunteer Sam had been called out to help evacuate to safety several thousand industrial workers and their families. He had seen “our soldiers, the terrorists, women” dead or wounded all over the ground. Photos posted on the Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA) site (30 December) show large crowds being led to safety.

Press TV quoted Syrian Social Affairs Minister Kinda al Shammat saying that more than 5,000 people were evacuated from Adra on Sunday 29 December, while SANA reported another six thousand freed on Tuesday 31 December.

According to SANA the industrial town of around 20,000 people was captured by “armed terrorist groups affiliated to Jabhat al Nusra” on Wednesday 11 December.

Russian Television (RT), using eyewitness accounts from escapees, reported (17 December) that around 80 civilians were murdered by what Adra residents called “the decapitators”.

“They had lists of government employees” a man who had escaped from Adra said.

“They went to the addresses they had … forced the people out and subjected them to the so-called Sharia trials … They sentenced them to death by beheading … The eldest was only 20 years old … I saw them with my own eyes. They killed fourteen people with a machete.”

Minister Kinda al Shammat told RT

“Civilians told us that the workers of an Adra bakery were all executed and burned [in bakery ovens] during the first hours of the attack.” She said ‘whole families were massacred.”

Another escapee told RT

“They killed everyone at the Adra Ummalia police station. And they killed everyone at the Adra Ummalia hospital where my sister works. She stayed alive only because she didn’t turn up for work that day.”

Beheaded bodies from Adra were proudly displayed by the terrorists and have been republished widely (Alalam News and Intifada Palestine, 17 and 20 December). Severed heads were also said to have been hung from trees.

Sources in the Syrian Government and the army put the proportion of foreigners amongst the armed gangs at between 70% and 85%, with all funded and armed by several Gulf monarchies, in particular close Washington ally Saudi Arabia (see: http://sana.sy/eng/22/2013/08/17/497676.htm).

Syria’s Ambassador at the UN, Dr Bashar al-Jaafari, blamed Saudi, Qatari and Turkish intelligence agencies of funding and arming terrorists in his country (SANA 18 Dec). On 30 December Syria formally asked the UN Security Council to prosecute Turkey and other countries which have been helping terrorists pass freely into Syria.

When asked what the armed groups’ motives might be for seizing Adra, Sam and another Syrian soldier told me they wanted to ‘punish the Syrian people’ for not supporting them. Others speculated that, along with the constant mortar attacks on Damascus and attacks on hospitals, schools and power supplies, they could be trying to present an image of a collapsed state, in the lead up to the Geneva 2 talks. This might strengthen the hand of Washington in its ambition for a ‘transition regime’.

In any event, the Adra operation was always doomed. The army quickly surrounded the town, with the gangs threatening to kill hostages if they advanced. But after many days of ‘cat and mouse’ tactics the army did move in. It is not yet clear how many on all sides have died and how many residents remain kidnapped.

The western media barely mentioned the Adra massacre and mass kidnapping. One report from UPI presented it in a ‘violence on both sides’ report (16 December), attempting to counter the Adra ‘accusations’ with claims about the Syrian Army’s bombardment of armed group hideouts in Aleppo. UPI said “Both sides accused each other of slaughter as an opposition group said Syrian troops bombed Aleppo and the government said Islamic rebels executed civilians”.

The Syrian army’s bombing of armed groups in the occupied parts of Aleppo has been portrayed as the bombing of civilians, with many children killed. However the only source for alleged child casualties has been groups tightly allied to the armed gangs, such as the one-man, UK-based ‘Syrian Observatory for Human Rights’ (relied on by Reuters, the BBC, NBC, the UK Independent, the Jerusalem Post, Sky News and the UK Guardian) and the ‘Syrian Revolution General Commission’ along with actual ‘rebel’ fighters (Al Jazeera).

SANA reported (15 December) that both the World Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU) and International Confederation of Arab Trade Unions (ICATU) strongly denounced the crimes at Adra.

This is yet another atrocity the western media – party to the latest campaign for ‘regime change’ – has tried to write out of history. However it is certain the Syrian people will not quickly forget.

More photos of the liberation of civilians from Adra at this page: http://sana.sy/eng/21/2013/12/30/520148.htm

Adra residents being led to safety
Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by vedaxcool(m): 12:39pm On Jan 10, 2014
Yawns!!!
Re: ‘slaughtered Like Sheep’: Eyewitnesses Recount Massacre In Adra, Syria by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 10, 2014
vedaxcool: Yawns!!!

Lol... The OP is propagating propaganda here while we know the Syrian crisis is more complicated than that, while both the terrors and the Al Assad government are making use of terrors from Iraq to decimate the innocent citizens he is here posting questionable information.I can smell this as a smear campaign to exonerate the government crime against humanity, in the images posted and story behind them to be coming from the Al Assad government to make him looks innocent. We aren't fools here.

Al Assad must go for killing his own people!

Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Terrorist Are Muslims,you Don't Agree Then Check This Snap Shot / Meet South Sudanese Minister / See What Happened To Ugandan Police On Their Way To Disperse Protesters (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.