Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. (15194 Views)

Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV / Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? / Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by jibbykay(f): 11:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by Nosu(m): 1:08am On Dec 19, 2013
Y are people so shortsighted like dis. If she gets a better job is she not suppose to leave and give a letter of resignation.
If that is what it takes(insults) then I am ready because I must write one soonest. It is an era of strange works, nothing less. Make u stay there dey abuse person wey no wetin she dey find and where she dey go.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by Gboliwe: 4:34am On Dec 19, 2013
Nosu: Y are people so shortsighted like dis. If she gets a better job is she not suppose to leave and give a letter of resignation.
If that is what it takes(insults) then I am ready because I must write one soonest. It is an era of strange works, nothing less. Make u stay there dey abuse person wey no wetin she dey find and where she dey go.
It is the foolishness we are forced to endure/cope with on Nairaland these days. See how 70% of the replies are just not related to the topic. These childish posters see it as fun defacing threads. Time it was when I read a thread from the first page, these days, I read the OP then click page 2 if I want reasonable views!

@OP, keep it short, real short.Leave out the reason for leaving. Be nice though in your choice of words

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by Jdesilentkiller(m): 4:39am On Dec 19, 2013
Just write the letter for us to scrutinize and maybe someone may give u an idea to go about it.
Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by GentleMimi: 7:02am On Dec 19, 2013
dareyking: While writing ur resignation crap jst pm me to also prep my application letter as ur immediate replacement....#Ode buruku a.k.a Alakoba.......mtcheeeeeew
Na wa ooooo! Na so u dull reach? U wanna replace the babe sharperly.Do u know if the job she's about leaving is a low paying job,while she has gotten a much better job somewhere? Na so ur own be? You wan chop wetin person chop vomit.Oya write ur letter na to replace her.Instead wey u go aspire to go higher....you dey call am ode,i no even sabi wetin i go use describe u sha!
Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by rodeo0070(m): 7:07am On Dec 19, 2013
dareyking: While writing ur resignation crap jst pm me to also prep my application letter as ur immediate replacement....#Ode buruku a.k.a Alakoba.......mtcheeeeeew
Haba! Must u use profane words to express yourself? Why is it that most people's comments on this topic reflect that they don't think before typing? Such childish attitude should be stopped. What's the big deal in her resigning? Maybe she got a better offer and wants to "close the door gently."
There are 1001 reasons why people resign. Why not ask her first her reasons for such an action? If she states the reasons for her action, maybe we can advice her. Simple!...
Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by GentleMimi: 7:23am On Dec 19, 2013
Anyway,@ OP,some dudes have given u a starter.Just try to be brief without stories....cos if write stories,u might implicate urself.But i dn't think there is anything wrong in having the title of ''Letter of Resignation''. Say it as it is. No need of sugar-coating. And also,if u are leaving with a bad impression of the company,pls d'nt expose ur emotions in the letter.It might come back later to bite u!
Eg.
LETTER OF RESIGNATION
I,Rufus Obadala,do humbly tender my resignation from ur prestigious company.
Having worked in ur organisation for 4 years,it is with deep regret and reluctance that i write this letter.My reason is based solely on my passion for career improvement,which i plan to undergo.I have learnt a lot from your organisation and i'm sure i will represent u well wherever i go.I will always hold on to the lessons and morals i was taught here.
Please do accept my decision without prejudice.I look forward to having further future liason with your organisation.
Thank you.

Yours faithfully
sign
Obadala Rufus
date.

Back to the matter...the letter above works if u did not have serious kwata with the company oooo! Lol! But be polite as u can....life can be a bi*tch.You can never tell what cld happen later and they produce ur letter when u must hv even forgotten abt it.
Best of luck,dear![center][/center]

2 Likes

Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by Carsonv(m): 7:27am On Dec 19, 2013
The majority of people on NL don't have jobs and you expect them to teach you how to write a Resignation Letter.

Ok oooo.
Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by seangy4konji: 7:40am On Dec 19, 2013
its not hard...Oga,Your work don tire me,you too stress me and you nor deh even pay me well...i don see better job and so i deh pack my things tommorow...We go see in future and if we nor see,we go meet on judgement day.Nor worry give me my change weh remain,i nor want make you put juju for dere...Ok...I see yaa....PS...You will tell me d post weh u wan leave if na beta job make i follow u go d day u wan drop am so i tender ma own...
Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by Adagba1: 7:41am On Dec 19, 2013
So because you are unemployed you think people have no reason to resign.Na wa o for this kind of mentality of yours,this uneemployment has beclouded your sense of reasoning.There are some situations in work place that can make you to resign even if you have not gotten another job.A man who has no cause to resign from his job is not fit to work.
Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by yinparc: 8:42am On Dec 19, 2013
GentleMimi:
Na wa ooooo! Na so u dull reach? U wanna replace the babe sharperly.Do u know if the job she's about leaving is a low paying job,while she has gotten a much better job somewhere? Na so ur own be? You wan chop wetin person chop vomit.Oya write ur letter na to replace her.Instead wey u go aspire to go higher....you dey call am ode,i no even sabi wetin i go use describe u sha!
u get mouth ooo.na fight?
Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by GentleMimi: 9:41am On Dec 19, 2013
yinparc: u get mouth ooo.na fight?
Lol! No be fight jare! But i tire to dey see this kain insultive comments on this forum.Wetin the OP write to deserve that kain degradatory statement? The fact that this forum is faceless and anonymous gives us no right to look down on people.
Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by xpensiv: 9:48am On Dec 19, 2013
I just wrote one recently, haven't submitted it though, before they withhold my xmas salary grin
I simply used google and selected images, you'll see loads of them, just pick out the format that suits you best as the level of formality in your company should be the criteria for selecting the right one I guess!
Good luck!! wink
Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by jpphilips(m): 9:56am On Dec 19, 2013
Gelco: Please I need guidelines in writing a resignation letter. I have an idea buh I need more opinions/tips. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

#please don't just read and leave#

Don't write a resignation letter if you are not looking forward to getting benefits, in some organizations, AWOL pays better than resignation.
Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by Nosyke(m): 10:08am On Dec 19, 2013
Op, let me help you out. See below a sample:

Dear [insert your boss's name or title],

I wish to bring to your notice that I will not be continuing my services as a [state your position] effective [insert date] as I will be resuming work at [insert new organisation and address] as a [insert new position]on [insert resumption date].

Many thanks for the opportunity given to me to serve [insert name of organisation you are leaving] as a [insert former position]and the Leadership styles you exhibited while I worked in [insert name of organisation you are leaving] as I learnt new skills that would also improve my career. I also feel very proud of the lives we affected as well as being a part of the success stories.

I wish to also let [insert name of organisation you are leaving] know that while I am at my new place, any clarification (s) on my work with [insert name of organisation you are leaving] should be brought to my attention .

Thank you for your anticipated usual cooperation as I wish [insert name of organisation you are leaving] the very best in future . I will also look forward to working with you in future either in my current capacity or another capacity.

On a personal note, I willl remain eternally grateful to you for the opportunities provided, for the encouragement, the trust you reposed in me, the advices you gave me and for being a true boss in words and in deeds, words might fail me to fully express my gratitude, but suffice it to say that God almighty will continually be there for you and your family and bless you beyond your imaginations.

Regards,

[insert your name]

2 Likes

Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by Gboliwe: 10:20am On Dec 19, 2013
jp philips:

Don't write a resignation letter if you are not looking forward to getting benefits, in some organizations, AWOL pays better than resignation.
we only know the present, we do not have the faintest idea what tomorrow will bring along. Always try to leave in peace. Current employers may want to seek opinions about an employee from previous employers. Do not abscond

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by Oluschenco(m): 12:56pm On Dec 19, 2013
Dear Sir/Ma,
Termination of your Slavery appointment
I hereby write to terminate my appointment as a slave under your cruel orders. I want to be a boss.
Thank you. grin grin grin
Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by gnot: 1:12pm On Dec 19, 2013
grin grin

Oluschenco: Dear Sir/Ma,
Termination of your Slavery appointment
I hereby write to terminate my appointment as a slave under your cruel orders. I want to be a boss.
Thank you. grin grin grin
Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by gnot: 1:14pm On Dec 19, 2013
AN open letter of termination to my boss

Dear former Sir,
i got a better job. angry angry.

undecidedbye
Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by rufonye: 3:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
u don get new job or you wan start ur own biz
Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by plendil: 6:42pm On Dec 19, 2013
jp philips:

Do not try that on the NGO world. Nine times out of ten, your prospective employer knows your previous one, and would in most cases contact them.
Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by Gelco(f): 7:11pm On Dec 19, 2013
I just saw this.

Wahz with the insults? I'm a student, resigning because ASUU has called off the strike!

Some people are full of so much hate and bitterness!

Thanks for the suggestions though.
Re: Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. by ejiykzazi2007(m): 3:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
Just boldly write ' I NO WORK AGAIN, NA FORCE?'

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ongoing Graduate Trainee Recruitment At PZ Cussons Nigeria(nationwide) / Should I Accept This Job Offer? / Common Mistakes When Accepting Offer Letters By Rita Babalola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.