Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals (65504 Views)

Your Most Embarrassing Moment At The US Embassy, Abuja/Lagos / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals by Afamdi12: 7:04am On Feb 25, 2017
Good morning house. Welldone on good work carried out here. This is urgent please. I appied for my us b1/b2 visa from london and it expires in april. Want to go for a renewal next week, what docs should I use and i was told i cant do dropbox coz i didnt get the previous visa from Nigeria. How much can be in my bank statement as I am working at the moment. Wanted to use an agent but i am been charge so much so might handle the application myself. Please can I get the steps to take precisely so I dont misss out on any info. Thank you for your anticipated response.
Re: U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals by joxiri: 3:49am On Mar 16, 2017
Afamdi12:
Good morning house. Welldone on good work carried out here. This is urgent please. I appied for my us b1/b2 visa from london and it expires in april. Want to go for a renewal next week, what docs should I use and i was told i cant do dropbox coz i didnt get the previous visa from Nigeria. How much can be in my bank statement as I am working at the moment. Wanted to use an agent but i am been charge so much so might handle the application myself. Please can I get the steps to take precisely so I dont misss out on any info. Thank you for your anticipated response.

I would advise to reapply from London
I was in the same situation a few years back
I turned up to marble arch
Visa was approved without requesting for any documents and I only had a valid U.K. 2 year multiple visa at the time and an expired US visa from my post study work days
I wasn't resident in the UK
Re: U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals by kino47: 10:46am On Apr 12, 2017
Dear All
What are the odds not getting the visa for drop box. Realistic odds
Re: U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals by lekanlaniyan(m): 12:55pm On May 05, 2017
Dear VO,
I need your advice.I stay in canada, How can i renew my expired US visa, which was obtained with my old passport. Do i do dropbox or interview section.

Thanks for your quick response.
Re: U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals by tzetzefly(m): 7:54pm On May 07, 2017
lekanlaniyan:
Dear VO,
I need your advice.I stay in canada, How can i renew my expired US visa, which was obtained with my old passport. Do i do dropbox or interview section.

Thanks for your quick response.

Steps required to apply for a US Visa

If required to apply for a Visa to travel to the United States the process includes the following steps:
1.Determine the type of Visa required to travel to the United States. Information about Visa types can be found at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en.html

2.Complete the online visa application form, DS-160. The DS-160 is a U.S. Government on-line form and can only be completed at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ Each applicant must complete this form before using any services on this website.

3.Return to this website and complete the following application steps to schedule a Consular Section appointment:
a.Create a user account
b.Enter the DS-160 confirmation number for each applicant applying for a Visa
c.Complete the courier document return process
d.Pay the Nonimmigrant Visa (MRV) application fee(s)
e.Schedule a Consular Section appointment

4.Attend the Consular Section appointment.

5.After your interview, please follow specific instructions provided by the consular section or check this website for visa status and delivery information.

Note: Applicants of a certain age group or those who are renewing a previous U.S. visa may be eligible to apply for a visa without attending a Consular interview. Eligibility for the “Interview Waived” program will be determined as the applicant goes through the process of scheduling an appointment through this site. The determination will be made based on the answers provided to the qualifying criteria.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals by danty: 11:20am On Jul 16, 2017
Re: U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals by smscenta: 10:29pm On Mar 21, 2018
Please i need your clear support on this visa issue. I had a two years visa which expired DEC 2017 last year. But i also got an admission to USA . I APPLIED FOR A STUDENT VISA AND I WAS REFUSED. NOW ITS 4 MONTH AWAY I NEED TO RENEW MY B1/B2. CAN I DO THE DROP BOX RE-NEWER FOR MY BI/B2 VISA? OR CAN MY SPOUSE DO THE DROP BOX FOR ME? I AM WORRIED...
Re: U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals by klfrage: 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2018
US visa renewal process

Visit the nearest GTB bank to you and pay the applicable Machine Readable Visa fees for the class of Visa you want to renew.
Visit the USA embassy website to fill the DS160 Visa application form and then download and print the application confirmation page. Ensure that you keep your receipt and confirmation page print-out.
Visit the CGI visa appointment website for the US mission to Nigeria and click on the ‘Apply Now’ button on the top right side of the screen. Answer all the questions and if you qualify, you would be able to print out an application confirmation sheet with details of when to submit your application to the DHL facilities in Lagos or Abuja.
Choose your preferred pick-up location for your passport in case you qualify.
Ensure that all the details you provide are correct, including passport numbers, email addresses and telephone and your visa would be returned to your specified location within 7 to 10 business days.
Re: U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals by handyguy: 2:29pm On Jul 18, 2018
Re: U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals by Poju123: 4:14pm On Mar 10, 2019
@Tunjigeorge I am in a eerily similar situation as you. can you advice how your drop box application went so i can pepare.
Re: U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals by walecom4u: 10:12am On Apr 25, 2019
Good Day VO,
I have submitted my B1/B2 Visa renewal application at the DHL Dropbox office Isolo for the past 4weeks now but I have not received email or text message notifying me if my Visa is ready for pick up. Please what can I do?
Re: U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals by xclusive4visa: 4:11pm On Apr 14, 2023
ANYONE DROPBOX ON 8 MARCH 2023 OR BEFORE IN ABUJA AND NOT YET GOT THEIR PASSPORT BACK. What is going on with the process in abuja?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cotonou, Benin Republic / Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) / Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.