Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,959 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Malachi,Tithes & Devourer: The Silliest Children's Monster Story Ever Sold - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Malachi,Tithes & Devourer: The Silliest Children's Monster Story Ever Sold (1139 Views)

Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malachi,Tithes & Devourer: The Silliest Children's Monster Story Ever Sold by plaetton: 7:52am On Dec 19, 2013
"Pay your tithes or the devourer will get you" !
This sounds like a story from a kindergarden monster story.
But no. It actually comes from an adult book: a book that adults take seriously, very seriously.

In the book of Malachi, people ( not sure whom) are threatened to pay up or be risk being devoured by an unnamed monster. embarassed

What makes this particular book and this particular story very hilarious is that adults, yes adults, take this threat very very serious.

I mean, talk about living in bondage? undecided

I am trying to imagine the idea of living a life where I am softly and subtly blackmailed to hand over part of my earnings to self-appointed god-men for the fear an unnamed monster.

Even our ancestors, who were very superstitious , did not live with that kind of demand and that kind of fear.
No local witch doctor could have gotten away with that kind of childish scam.

To think that some people living in the post-enlightenment era could fall for for this simple garden variety scam has got to be the 8th wonder of the modern world.
lol. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Malachi,Tithes & Devourer: The Silliest Children's Monster Story Ever Sold by Taiwo20(m): 8:39am On Dec 19, 2013
#watching and waiting
Re: Malachi,Tithes & Devourer: The Silliest Children's Monster Story Ever Sold by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:07am On Dec 19, 2013
it's the word of doG. stop doubting or you will perish in burning sulfur! And when I said you'll perish, I mean you'll live forever. Yes, you'll have eternal life.

1 Like

Re: Malachi,Tithes & Devourer: The Silliest Children's Monster Story Ever Sold by PastorKun(m): 10:14am On Dec 19, 2013
plaetton: "Pay your tithes or the devourer will get you" !
This sounds like a story from a kindergarden monster story.
But no. It actually comes from an adult book: a book that adults take seriously, very seriously.

In the book of Malachi, people ( not sure whom) are threatened to pay up or be risk being devoured by an unnamed monster. embarassed

What makes this particular book and this particular story very hilarious is that adults, yes adults, take this threat very very serious.

I mean, talk about living in bondage? undecided

I am trying to imagine the idea of living a life where I am softly and subtly blackmailed to hand over part of my earnings to self-appointed god-men for the fear an unnamed monster.

Even our ancestors, who were very superstitious , did not live with that kind of demand and that kind of fear.
No local witch doctor could have gotten away with that kind of childish scam.

To think that some people living in the post-enlightenment era could fall for for this simple garden variety scam has got to be the 8th wonder of the modern world.
lol. shocked

How are you different from the Pastors that twist scripture to state that tithes means money to be paid from income Did you read any such thing even in the malachi passage you referred to? I really thought you were smarter than this.

1 Like

Re: Malachi,Tithes & Devourer: The Silliest Children's Monster Story Ever Sold by Joshthefirst(m): 10:39am On Dec 19, 2013
Pastor Kun:

How are you different from the Pastors that twist scripture to state that tithes means money to be paid from income Did you read any such thing even in the malachi passage you referred to? I really thought you were smarter than this.
I used to think so too grin
Re: Malachi,Tithes & Devourer: The Silliest Children's Monster Story Ever Sold by Omexonomy: 2:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
Too much problem full nairaland.
But those people paying it an't complaning.
But why do you chose to interprete like that.
Well sha i will be watching you.

1 Like

Re: Malachi,Tithes & Devourer: The Silliest Children's Monster Story Ever Sold by plaetton: 3:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
Omexonomy: Too much problem full nairaland.

Interpret what?
Pay tithe or the devourer(unnamed monster) will get you.
That is what Malachi reads.
Pls correct me if I am wrong.
Re: Malachi,Tithes & Devourer: The Silliest Children's Monster Story Ever Sold by trustman: 11:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
Omexonomy: Too much problem full nairaland.

Are those hard drugs complaining?
Does that mean many of them can't be harmed by it?

3 Likes

Re: Malachi,Tithes & Devourer: The Silliest Children's Monster Story Ever Sold by plaetton: 7:35am On Dec 20, 2013
trustman:

Are those hard drugs complaining?
Does that mean many of them can't be harmed by it?

I wonder o.

Thats the typical Nigerian mentality.
Exploit me, humiliate me, cheat me, rob me, strip me naked, but please please don't kill me.

1 Like

Re: Malachi,Tithes & Devourer: The Silliest Children's Monster Story Ever Sold by plaetton: 8:50am On Jan 18, 2016
Bump.
Re: Malachi,Tithes & Devourer: The Silliest Children's Monster Story Ever Sold by Joshthefirst(m): 10:59am On Feb 19, 2016
Stick with matters you can understand plaetton

1 Like

Re: Malachi,Tithes & Devourer: The Silliest Children's Monster Story Ever Sold by truthislight: 12:10am On Feb 23, 2016
Joshthefirst:
Stick with matters you can understand plaetton

So, what is it that is confusing you that you imagine it should be generic?

(1) (Reply)

Thus Saith The LORD!!! / A German Muslim Schola's Answers In A Live TV Show / is it right for Men Of God to Collect Money For Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.