Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:34 PM

Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? (17704 Views)

Man Batters Wife, Throws Her Out For Rejecting Custody Of Love Child (Pictured) / Nigerian Young Man Finds Love In The Arms Of White Grandma / Does This Kind Of Love Still Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? by Uziehot(m): 6:14am On Dec 20, 2013
bankyblue: we re talking about open letter, u re here talking about obsession.

how dose that solve the problem btw obj vs gej vs iyabo vs vanguard angry
u can stil go n b dia lawyer
Re: Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 20, 2013
Thanks everybody for d wonderful contribution.
D lady is simply behaving like a sweet sixteen cheesy
She is just carried away by what she receives from her man she calls it obsession. Such has not happened to her b4.
Told me everything.
Wrong choice of words and I'm happy its so. Hate to c her sad again.
I'm going to tie my gele hopefully soon.

1 Like

Re: Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? by LordReed(m): 7:21am On Dec 20, 2013
Onye~Ego:
Thank God for this thread......

I av a story to tell n a question wich i need u guys to help provide d ansa cos it will go a long way....

My Hostel mate got connected wit a girl some few days back for wot begin like normal tin na turn out to b wot my guy wud b talkin abt dis girl u know day dreaming abt her...... Na so o.... Dis my guy come get some litu change begin spend heavily on d girl.... Note eh:- dis na guy wey me n he dey drag garri to drink for hostel.... E win 1960bet n somehow sha d moni dey come na so btw d space of 3 days dis my guy don spend abt 30k na small moni sha but d moni later touch e hearth after e realise say d girl just dey play am yesterday.... *tears* Girls can b wicked... Am not making dis up...

So my question goes thus:-

dis is a clear case of my guy aving obsesion 4 d lady... What can e do to repair d already sinking short lived relationship??...

As i dey yarn wit una eh dis na serious ''MATTER'' my guy ''Hearth'' break no b small o.. I just dey pity am..

Ur ansas are highly appreciated.. I kneel down beg no insult me eh God bless U

This is not obsession but infatuation. If the girl is playing him why do you want him to stay with her?
Re: Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? by Ramanto(m): 7:25am On Dec 20, 2013
obsession destroys,it distracts u from ur studies,it makes u lose interest in everything except the person you are obsessed with.So if u are in such situation it's time u suffered the woes once and for all by simply quiting today.Its negative effects are enduring,
Re: Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? by decision01: 11:02am On Dec 20, 2013
insecurity..fear factor
Re: Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? by blessed4ril(f): 11:44am On Dec 20, 2013
No! Its not!

ifyalways: Tufiakwa to obsessive love. Not for me,I believe its very unhealthy. Love is a free bird-let it fly and if its yours,it will surely fly back to you.

Like plants,lovers needs some air,some space for the love to flourish. Once there's suffocation,the plant will choke ,wither then die.

Well said!
Re: Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? by themyt: 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2013
when we say obsession is a persistent preoccupation,idea,or feeling
love is a variety of different feeling,attitudes that ranges from interpersonal affection
i think NO lipsrsealed
Re: Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? by OnyeEgo1(m): 3:13pm On Dec 20, 2013
Lord_Reed:

This is not obsession but infatuation. If the girl is playing him why do you want him to stay with her?

4rm my own perceptiver i'd like my pal to break even wit d girl u no wot i mean!!!
Re: Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? by LordReed(m): 4:47pm On Dec 20, 2013
Onye~Ego:

4rm my own perceptiver i'd like my pal to break even wit d girl u no wot i mean!!!

There is no need. Two wrongs don't make a right. Your guy should learn his lesson and move on, that is how men get made. Dwelling on what she did will only make him bitter not better.

1 Like

Re: Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? by veave(f): 6:13pm On Dec 20, 2013
we have healthy and unhealthy obsession.
Re: Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? by kalimera101: 8:31pm On Dec 20, 2013
bankyblue: we re talking about open letter, u re here talking about obsession.

how dose that solve the problem btw obj vs gej vs iyabo vs vanguard angry
Dude. Ask Ifa.
Re: Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? by kalimera101: 8:36pm On Dec 20, 2013
Obsession is a terrible thing. We are lucky this is not US or even UK where obsessed people tend to snap and turn into stalkers then finally killers.
Re: Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? by NobleG1(m): 8:57pm On Dec 20, 2013
Personally, I feel that I have all of these for one person: my wife. Most successful relationships have all of these elements. My wife loves that I have a crush on her, that I'm infatuated with her, that I lust for her, and that I love her deeply.
But there are differences.

LOVE

Love is not an emotion. It isn't some warm fuzzy feeling that you get. You're ability to love is based on you, not anyone else. I love because of who I am. My wife doesn't have to earn my love. She doesn't have to maintain it either. If I stop loving my wife, then that demonstrates a problem with me, not her.

Love is the sacrificial placing of someone else ahead of your own needs, wants, and desires. When you can lay down your life, so to speak, for someone else, you'll understand love.

LUST

Lust is the absolute selfish desire to fulfill either a physical or emotional need or want. Relationships based on this and nothing else always ends and most of the time they just end badly.

We're naturally created to have physical urges, desires, and needs. These in of themselves are not wrong or bad. But when we yield to them and create a relationship solely around them, they can be destructive and hurtful.

Get to know someone mentally, emotionally, and spiritually first. Lust can overwhelm and dominate a relationship and when lust is the primary factor, I've never seen a relationship succeed or be meaningful.

A CRUSH

Possibly, a crush is merely the attraction a person has for another person. Most relationships start with some sort of attraction. You see someone you like or you see things about a person you like and feel attracted to them. Many mistake this for love, but attraction is a powerful force.

Often, we consider a crush to be from a person who has an attraction on someone who is either unwilling or unable to have a reciprocal attraction. It would be like a boy being attracted to his married teacher, or a girl attracted to a boy already dating another girl or at least not interested in her.

A crush can be cute, or it can be dangerous too. They've been known to lead to problems, and often we dismiss them as temporary emotional outbursts. But that isn't always wise.

INFATUATION

Infatuation is often a mental obsession. This is a person who will daydream, create fantasies, and, if married, commit mental adultery. This person may never act on his or her fantasies, but they more often than not create an unrealistic impression of the person you are fantasizing about.

Many people find out what they imagined the other person to be isn't the actual truth of that person. They can very quickly lose interest. Many people, who have built up infatuations for others, never get really, really close. Once a comparison is made of the person to their fantasy, they get disillusioned and disappointed.

Now, if you can be infatuated with someone you do know real well, particularly if you are married to him or her, this can only strengthen your relationship. If you have fantasies of your wife when we are separated. How can that be a bad thing? You're infatuated with her!
Re: Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 21, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Thanks everybody for d wonderful contribution.
D lady is simply behaving like a sweet sixteen cheesy
She is just carried away by what she receives from her man she calls it obsession. Such has not happened to her b4.
Told me everything.
Wrong choice of words and I'm happy its so. Hate to c her sad again.
I'm going to tie my gele hopefully soon.

So I was right?

* dancing alinko*
Re: Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? by joywendy(f): 7:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
NO!! it is not in anyway.
Re: Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? by mgbeketoto: 12:08am On Dec 24, 2013
Nope! It is a SURE sign of LOW SELF-ESTEEM. . . . . AND INSECURITY!!!! kiss

Not MY portion!!! AMEN!!! kiss
Re: Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? by trapQ: 7:46pm On May 14, 2015
Obsession can be a sign of true love. Just the way God is obsessed with us... And is always with us.
Sissie:
Obsession is not healthy or good,but their are people who think obsession is sign of true love.

YPP you should ask her what she understands by obsession, what she calls obsession may be harmless.
Re: Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 14, 2015
trapQ:
Obsession can be a sign of true love. Just the way God is obsessed with us... And is always with us.
Really?
Re: Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? by trapQ: 9:17pm On May 14, 2015
Yeah
moca:

Really?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Men Think Their Extramarital Affairs Are Ok? / Hisense 215dr Fridge Worst Product Ever / Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.