Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

We’ll Reconcile, Bring Back Our Defecting Members –tukur - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Reconcile, Bring Back Our Defecting Members –tukur (989 Views)

Wike Sacks Ndubuisi Nwankwo For Defecting To APC / Akala Meets With Tinubu & Wife After Defecting To APC (Photo) / Atiku Disowns 120 Groups Defecting To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Reconcile, Bring Back Our Defecting Members –tukur by AYunusa: 7:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
The national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party will not sit idle and watch its members defect enmass to the All Progressives Congress which is on the verge of claiming the majority slot in the National Assembly.

According to the National Chairman of the PDP, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, the party is not just worried about the new twist in the political calculations but also concerned that it could affect the electoral fortunes of the party in the coming elections if not halted.

He said the leadership of the party has therefore resolved to vigorously pursue its reconciliation efforts between the party and aggrieved members.

Tukur, who spoke at a no-barred-hold session with journalists in Abuja on Thursday, said fresh strategies are to be adopted to accommodate views of members and ensure that all possible democratic processes are exhausted in getting the members back to the fold.

Asked if the mass defection of key party members to the APC was indicative of the failure of the half-hearted reconciliatory efforts under his leadership, Tukur explained that it was obvious that some party members were simply adamant and appeared unresponsive to the redeeming change he had planned to introduce as a leader.

Aside the five governors who recently defected to the APC, 37 members of the party in the House of Representatives also crossed over to the APC on Wednesday while 22 others in the Senate have also signified their readiness to dump the PDP.

Tukur said the leadership is not unmindful of the fact that the gale of defections may turn the ruling party into a minority voice in the legislative chambers.

He said the party would prevail on the aggrieved members not to follow the multitude to do anything against their conscience, adding that the PDP remains the preferred party of most Nigerians in spite of the crisis.

He urged members of the party to place patriotism above selfish reasons in whatever they do, explaining that the present crisis within the party was based on his decision to fully democratize the party machineries.

He said: “”I am worried by the development. I am persuading them not to defect. Have they tested what is on ground? Did they consult with their people who elected them and got their consent? We are going to get in touch with them and reignite the reconciliation efforts.”
Re: We’ll Reconcile, Bring Back Our Defecting Members –tukur by automaticcars: 7:08pm On Dec 19, 2013
It is over!
Re: We’ll Reconcile, Bring Back Our Defecting Members –tukur by egift(m): 7:16pm On Dec 19, 2013
Jonathan will soon throw you out of the bus to get support of the remaining Governors and Tukur you will do nothing.
Re: We’ll Reconcile, Bring Back Our Defecting Members –tukur by Omen100(m): 7:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
Source please, because I don't believe this news, this can't be Tukur the Messi of Nigeria/pdp . grin grin grin
Re: We’ll Reconcile, Bring Back Our Defecting Members –tukur by AYunusa: 7:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
source:The Nation
Re: We’ll Reconcile, Bring Back Our Defecting Members –tukur by donphilopus: 7:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
This man is always dreaming! Come March 2014, you'd become a "Nobody" in Nigerian Politics, like Sexkillz.

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Reconcile, Bring Back Our Defecting Members –tukur by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:29pm On Dec 19, 2013
Mr. Tukur, dem say dem no want u for town, make u pack up leave town, u say make dem allow u sing special number?

U well?
Re: We’ll Reconcile, Bring Back Our Defecting Members –tukur by simpleseyi: 8:32pm On Dec 19, 2013
Tukur! Going ....Going .... Gone!

Mr Bamanga Tukur will soon be announced as Nigeria's next Ambassador to Benin Republic. Did I hear somebody say Syria or Afganishtan? Don't wish evil for your enemies. I thought you are a christian nah! Pray for your enemies as instructed by the Bible. Benin Republic is good enough for our able ex-chairman.
Re: We’ll Reconcile, Bring Back Our Defecting Members –tukur by omenka(m): 8:39pm On Dec 19, 2013
When he was busy beating his chest and running his mouth like a broken sewer, he didn't realize they would eventually be missed.

I thought Gemade was the worst chairman the pdp ever had. Tukur clearly re-defines failure!
Re: We’ll Reconcile, Bring Back Our Defecting Members –tukur by israel007: 8:42pm On Dec 19, 2013
They will come back. We know.
Re: We’ll Reconcile, Bring Back Our Defecting Members –tukur by Femolacaster(m): 10:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
But Tukur once said they wont miss them....bunch of losers. I am quite sure PDP will soon reach "menopause".
Re: We’ll Reconcile, Bring Back Our Defecting Members –tukur by egift(m): 10:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
Too little. Too late.
Re: We’ll Reconcile, Bring Back Our Defecting Members –tukur by Omen100(m): 12:11am On Dec 20, 2013
A. Yunusa:
source:The Nation

Sir, I'm not disputing the news, I'm just being curious about Alhaji Bamaga Tukur's statement. grin
Re: We’ll Reconcile, Bring Back Our Defecting Members –tukur by agbameta: 12:37am On Dec 20, 2013
Medicine after death... Oponu oshi buruku.

Penny wise pound foolish..
Re: We’ll Reconcile, Bring Back Our Defecting Members –tukur by sluggers: 12:39am On Dec 20, 2013
agbameta: Medicine after death... Oponu oshi buruku.

Penny wise pound foolish..

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: We’ll Reconcile, Bring Back Our Defecting Members –tukur by mgbeketoto: 12:52am On Dec 20, 2013
I thought it was time to 'SACK' them all? grin
Na 'reconciliation' now? cheesy

Mu Che Che Che Che Che!

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Force Sanusi Out- APC Warns Jonathan / Army Kills BOKOHARAM Kingpin & Brother In Kaduna / company Confirm Filmed Independent Day Of Western Nigeria 1957-President Musiwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.