Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains (16717 Views)

7 Exercises That Will Transform Your Body / How To Avoid Pregnancy Naturally / Labor Pain Simulation On Two Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by ibietela2(m): 8:54am On Dec 20, 2013
Keeping physically fit during pregnancy is important for your health and well-being. It can help with delivery, minimize discomfort and also reduce other pregnancy symptoms like fatigue, morning sickness and nausea’s. Pregnancy exercise is one of the key factors in a healthy pregnancy for both mom and baby. There is evidence that exercise may help to prevent gestational diabetes, relieve stress and build more stamina required for labor and delivery.

It is extremely important to know which type of pregnancy exercise is most appropriate throughout the three stages of gestation. Safe pregnancy exercises that are suggested by experts include walking, yoga, aerobics, swimming, stair climbing, kegel exercises, etc.

1. Walking:

Walking is one of the safe pregnancy exercises that should be performed regularly. Walking helps to keep you fit without harming your ankles and knees and can be safely done for the entire nine months of pregnancy. Walking during pregnancy can help to alleviate pain as well as promote easier labor. Try to avoid lengthy walks and uphill climbs, which may increase your heart rate thus making you breathless and tired. Drink plenty of water while walking and do not allow yourself to dehydrate. Dehydration and exhaustion may harm your baby.

Read: 5 Unusual Baby Gifts that will make Parents Smile

2. Yoga:

Yoga is another best and safest form of exercise that helps to release stress and pressure on the body while pregnant. Various yoga poses as safe pregnancy exercises will greatly help to make your delivery quicker and easier and also open your pelvis effortlessly. They can also improve cramping and fluid retention, which is a common complaint during the last trimester. Many forms of pregnancy yoga will be safe for you and your baby, as long as they are not excessively rigorous.

3. Swimming:

Swimming is one of the top recommended safe pregnancy exercises as this helps to tone your entire body without adding weight and stress to your joints. It also improves blood circulation to the fetus, enhance the body’s use of oxygen, strengthen the large muscle groups, and also ease the pregnancy-related physical discomforts. Swimming offers you cardiovascular benefits. Swimming three to four times per week for at least 30 minutes can be extremely beneficial for pregnant women.

4. Kegel Exercises:

Kegels are popularly prescribed safe pregnancy exercises for many pregnant women. They are easy to practice and also help to strengthen the pelvic muscles. Strengthening the pelvic muscles can help with painless and quick childbirth. This improved muscle tone in your pelvic area helps to minimize bladder leaks and haemorrhoids. Kegel exercises are also suggested after pregnancy to promote perineal healing, strengthen pelvic floor muscles and regain bladder control.

5. Aerobic Exercises:

Pregnant women who want to practice aerobic exercises should concentrate on low-impact ones. Practicing aerobic exercises during pregnancy can strengthen your heart and tones your body. Aerobic workouts help to prevent excessive weight gain, which reduces the risk of developing gestational diabetes and also baby’s risk of developing diabetes as an adult

Source and more health and fitness articles like this www.healthable.org/5-safe-pregnancy-exercises-ease-labor-pains/

3 Likes

Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by Snoggy(m): 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2013
Swimming?
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by Arosa(m): 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2013
Sex nkor?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by tigonana: 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
Tanks for d info I will convey d message to my pregnant wife.
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by gr3yb4ck(m): 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2013
Arosa: Sex nkor?
Your head dey there.

1 Like

Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by ibietela2(m): 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2013
tigonana: Tanks for d info I will convey d message to my pregnant wife.

Thank you, am glad you like it
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by ibietela2(m): 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2013

Lol

2 Likes

Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by gr3yb4ck(m): 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
BJ nko?
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by nizelgirl(f): 12:48pm On Dec 21, 2013
Thanks for the info.
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by checkdate(m): 12:50pm On Dec 21, 2013
T
H
A
N
K
Y
O
U
S
O
M
U
C
H

1 Like

Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by mu2sa2: 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
Sounds "somehow" but sex is a form of beneficial exercise even to the pregnant. Of course with a pregnant woman you have to be innovative in your positioning.

1 Like

Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by ibietela2(m): 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
checkdate: T
H
A
N
K
Y
O
U
S
O
M
U
C
H

Your welcome, am glad you like it. Visit us for more interesting post like this www.healthable.org
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by ibietela2(m): 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
mu2sa2: Sounds "somehow" but sex is a form of beneficial exercise even to the pregnant. Of course with a pregnant woman you have to be innovative in your positioning.

Thanks for the extra tips
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by Temismith(f): 1:01pm On Dec 21, 2013
Hayrasncldowuehdjxm
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by Mamaflex(f): 1:31pm On Dec 21, 2013
Swimming ko, sinkking ni.
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by repogirl(f): 1:36pm On Dec 21, 2013
Abeg o, women should be careful of yoga and aerobics especially in the third trimester, if u're near your due date.

during my second pregnancy, I was trying out one stooopid exercise my husband showed me in YouTube for pregnant women and my water broke. It was still two weeks to my delivery date, since no contractions at all, they had to induce, mehn..... Its an understatement to say I saw hell that night, six hours of pure hell.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by Dannylux: 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
Bookmarked for my cousin.. cheesy
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by ibietela2(m): 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
repogirl: Abeg o, women should be careful of yoga and aerobics especially in the third trimester, if u're near your due date.

during my second pregnancy, I was trying out one stooopid exercise my husband showed me in YouTube for pregnant women and my water broke. It was still two weeks to my delivery date, since no contractions at all, they had to induce, mehn..... Its an understatement to say I saw hell that night, six hours of pure hell.

Sorry about that Sis
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by kate85(f): 2:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
Thanks for d information. Is walking up and down d stairs for 30mins daily safe for a pregnant woman?
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by juleze(f): 3:13pm On Dec 21, 2013
kate85: Thanks for d information. Is walking up and down d stairs for 30mins daily safe for a pregnant woman?
That was ♍Ɣ mum's exercise.
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by kate85(f): 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2013
Thanks @juleze
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by MumZ(f): 4:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
kate85: Thanks for d information. Is walking up and down d stairs for 30mins daily safe for a pregnant woman?

Did this, dint mke ny difference. D baby stil took his time comn, mum said it was cos it was my 1st. Nxt 1, I ll jst stick 2 walking nd plenty s*x.
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by kate85(f): 5:45pm On Dec 21, 2013
Will do dat and walking. This is my fourth. I use to think I wasn't active during my 3rd preg dats y I lost my baby. My assumption maybe wrong but I don't want to take chances.
Mum Z :

Did this, dint mke ny difference. D baby stil took his time comn, mum said it was cos it was my 1st. Nxt 1, I ll jst stick 2 walking nd plenty s*x.
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by nnemmpi(m): 5:49pm On Dec 21, 2013
I will tell my pregnant wife,thank you so much
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by faitheverest(f): 6:40pm On Dec 21, 2013
sad not yet married,want to be pregnant ooo,God when shall it be? sad
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by ibietela2(m): 7:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
faith everest: sad not yet married,want to be pregnant ooo,God when shall it be? sad

Very soon
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by Smartjeezy(m): 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2013
Thanks For The Info,I Will Tell My Sister._.
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by biggiyke(m): 8:11pm On Dec 21, 2013
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by saintme: 10:28pm On Dec 21, 2013
Niz 1
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by Amuga(f): 10:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
[quote
author=repogirl]Abeg o, women should be careful of yoga and aerobics
especially in the third trimester, if u're near your due date.

during my second pregnancy, I was trying out one stooopid exercise my
husband showed me in YouTube for pregnant women and my water broke. It
was still two weeks to my delivery date, since no contractions at all,
they had to induce, mehn..... Its an understatement to say I saw hell
that night, six hours of pure hell.[/quote]

you dont mean it. Noted
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by Ifedechidex: 10:36pm On Dec 21, 2013
Ai jst feel lyk gettin married nw n gettin pregnant
Re: 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains by globalwaly(m): 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2013
Nice post Bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Exclusive Breastfeeding / 10 Nigerians Climbing Mt Kilimanjaro For Down Syndrome / Black Men And The Curse Of Shaving Bumps (ingrown Hairs): Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.