Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Forgive And Forget, The Roles You Must Play! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Forgive And Forget, The Roles You Must Play! (788 Views)

What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? / The Roles Of A Father! / How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forgive And Forget, The Roles You Must Play! by ayobase(m): 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
As Nurilla Iryani said "forgetting is not easy, but remembering is worse"

Forgiveness and forgetting are entwined. One can’t forgive without forgetting, and one can’t forget without forgiving. Forgetting in this case doesn’t literally mean dematerializing an event. NO! And it is not simply repressing or bottling up the thoughts of events. NAH. It simply means smiling or chuckling over issues that hurt one at any point in time. Forgetting is seeing oneself above a problem, heartbreak, offence and hurt. It is like one being above and smiling down on the issues that INDEED hurt.

I heard of a story of a 16yrs old girl who was frequently raped by her father since the age of 10, but asked to shut up by her mother when she reported. Since there wasn’t anyone she could confide in, she wept all night long and decided to leave the house one day, but lost her spinal cord for being knocked down by a car while jaywalking. Her mother and father came for forgiveness. Remember, she will never be able to walk again. Could/should she forgive and forget?

You and this guy have been dating for the past years. You have put in all your best/efforts to make sure the relationship works out without ‘plan B’, and it has been just fine. Just after many years of courtship, your man married another lady within months. Would/should you forgive and forget?

Your supposed best friend, and from childhood for that matter went about slandering you, and also sets you up for a crime you didn’t commit, thereby resulting to incarceration for life. Would/should you forgive and forget?

You caught you spouse having s.ex with your best friend either on your matrimonial bed or anywhere. Would/should you forgive and forget?

Just to mention a few, we all do know that we can go on and on. But, my questions to you is this, would you forgive that person that did hurt you? By letting God, can you let go what he/she did to you and move on with your life?

Some cases are very brutal, that you would want to do anything to make sure the person pays for what he/she has done, but will you be indeed satisfied if the person is punished? Do you think it is going to make him/her a better person?

Forgiveness and forgetting is an act, and it should be one’s culture resulting to mainstream. The heart that forgives and forgets is always stronger than the opposite. People would tend to tag you “weakling” or “mumu”, but the truth of the matter is that you are stronger than they are. Being able to forgive and forget easily is a rare trait, and whosoever finds it has possibly found something more precious than finding a wife. Hope you did understand what I meant there?

A heart that doesn’t forgive or forget is not always at ease. You will always be tensed up and uncomfortable/wince sighting someone you are at loggerheads with. Then imagine resenting about 5 people on a street, 2 people at your place of work, 4 people at your place of worship. Then, your life will be in chaos. A miserable life indeed. You tend to be foolhardy when your BRAVADO is lost! These people go on about their businesses without a thought of you, while your mind is at pendulum, and having temperature over what is not. You detour at the sight of the offender. You keep quiet at the sight of the offender. You are simply sad when the offender is happy. The fact that the offender is not reciprocating your mood is an added load to what you have already. The offender is unconsciously or consciously in control of your mood/life when you refuse to forgive. Forget and move on.

Why will you want an offender to control your mood-atmosphere. It is more like being caged when the offender is around.

Who do you think benefits more when you forgive and forget? You of course!

Forgiveness is deep, and it is one of the greatest weapons to controlling people. Having this weapon, people will always be at your beck and call anytime you need them for something. Also, they will always live to respect you for the rest of their lives. You captured hearts with this weapon, and make them subjects. It might take long to realise these, but they ara always!

Above all, we need to forgive and let go so that our Father in heaven will also be able to forgive us of our sins. It is not for the cleansing of God when he forgives, but for our cleansing, but when we forgive, it is for our cleansing. Two ways we can be cleanse, when we forgive others, and when God forgives us!

Forgiving others is a prerequisite for God's forgiveness. Why would you deny yourself two dual-fold of blessing when all what you have to do is forgive others and forget!

No matter what might have happened to you, just forgive, forget, let go completely, and let God.

You not forgiving will never undo the situation, then simply do forgive and move on since there is nothing that can be done about it to make things the way they were.

And avoid those that you know wouldn’t stop hurting you. Avoiding them doesn’t mean you are not godly, or not forgiven them. Just let them go with a very pure and forgiving heart. They don’t worth being part of your life!

Remember there are some others who you did hurt, but have forgiven you long time ago.

Nothing is impossible with God. With Him, sincere forgiveness is attainable.

God bless!

http://ayobase..com/2013/12/forgive-and-forget-roles-you-must-play.html
Re: Forgive And Forget, The Roles You Must Play! by 4tunebest(f): 12:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
Unforgiveness is an unnecessary baggage that we travel with, which slows us down in the journey of life. When we forgive, we release this baggage and so, we travel lighter, faster and we get to our destination with ease
Re: Forgive And Forget, The Roles You Must Play! by Miner13: 4:40pm On Dec 20, 2013
Is there anything like forgive and forget. No, there is nothing like that.

You only forgive and assume nothing like that ever happen but you must always remember.

So, it is forgive, remember and ignore/assume it did not happen
Re: Forgive And Forget, The Roles You Must Play! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 20, 2013
You can only forgive,you need a lobotomy to forget.
Re: Forgive And Forget, The Roles You Must Play! by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 20, 2013
Forget ke? Unless you can format the human memory grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy. Maybe we can invent it Ayobase wink wink
Re: Forgive And Forget, The Roles You Must Play! by ayobase(m): 12:23am On Dec 21, 2013
Lol....forgetting is simply living above what happened!
Re: Forgive And Forget, The Roles You Must Play! by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 21, 2013
I never forget, I revenge , with big smug on my pretty face .

Forgiveness is of The Lord, I'm only human.
Re: Forgive And Forget, The Roles You Must Play! by ayobase(m): 1:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
Ewuro707: I never forget, I revenge , with big smug on my pretty face .

Revenge and pride are xtics of an unforgiving heart. Two graves are always involved when going on revenge!

"....forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us....."

We have the trait of God...Forginess is one of them!
Re: Forgive And Forget, The Roles You Must Play! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
I can live with that. No problem. Let God judge me then , after I relay my side of the story to him ( God).
Re: Forgive And Forget, The Roles You Must Play! by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2013
Ewuro707: I never forget, I revenge , with big smug on my pretty face .

Just the way humans should be treated kiss
Re: Forgive And Forget, The Roles You Must Play! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 21, 2013
byvan:

Just the way humans should be treated kiss

You can say that again grin

*how are the boys? kiss
Re: Forgive And Forget, The Roles You Must Play! by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
@Ewuro,they are very good dear,thanks kiss.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Keep An Eye On Your Kids Or House Help. / My Wife Poses As My Girlfriend And Catches Me / 10 Types Of Husbands You Can Find

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.