Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,972 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! (2848 Views)

We Are Monitoring Buhari With A Lot Of Respects – PDP / APC Says They Are Monitoring All Polling Units And Will Reject Contrary Numbers / CIA,MI5,MOSSAD,KGB and other foreign spy organisations are monitoring Nairaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
I think you guys who think the best way to go for Nigeria is breakup should be learning frim South Sudan now! They (Southern Sudanesse) are now free from their opressor, the Sudan, but they are now facing internal inter-ethnic rivalry, many are already dead!
Read their story here:
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25459615

1 Like

Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by MrKnowitall: 2:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
You are comparing apple to orange. In South Sudan you have two different ethnic groups: Nuers and Dinkas fighting each other.

The president who is a Dinka, fired the vice president who is a Nuer, so the Nuers who are loyal to the vice president are

angry about this and are seeking some kind of revenge. If Nigeria breaks up( which i really doubt), this type of thing would

never happen. For every South Sudan, there are plenty of other countries that have broken up and doing just fine.

3 Likes

Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by DerideGull(m): 2:27pm On Dec 20, 2013
wazoboy: I think you guys who think the best way to go for Nigeria is breakup should be learning frim South Sudan now! They (Southern Sudanesse) are now free from their opressor, the Sudan, but they are now facing internal inter-ethnic rivalry, many are already dead!
Read their story here:

What about Korea,Czechoslovakia,Yugoslavia and USSR? There is nothing wrong in South Sudan. What is happening remains the normal growing pain.

2 Likes

Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by IbokUtoroh(m): 2:29pm On Dec 20, 2013
which u do follow the issues in that country closely you will know that bulk of the problems from southern sudan is been instigated by sudan. sudan n al bashir didnt want the breakup since majority of the fuel comes from the south. y do u think ICC wants him? that man is a terrorist n he is the one fueling the crisis in south sudan.
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by jamace(m): 3:07pm On Dec 20, 2013
War is not a bad thing. War is just the other side of peace.

OP, do you believe that certain peaceful conditions are worse than war?

1 Like

Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by duni04(m): 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2013
Normal national cycle in africa: independence=brief democracy= tribal fighting = coup =military government = international isolation = democracy again. D beauty of what's happening in south sudan is that it confirms previously held stereotypes about Africans not being able to govern themselves. Its like sitting down and watching a movie uv seen somewhere b4.

1 Like

Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Abagworo(m): 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2013
This is the reason why we should always practise politics of unity and not tribalism and religion. The worst country that can emerge out of Nigeria if we separate based on tribe and religion as often suggested by most PDP lapdogs is Igboland and South-south. The only way to avoid a continuous crisis is to give every family or village their own country.

2 Likes

Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by jamace(m): 4:16pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo: This is the reason why we should always practise politics of unity and not tribalism and religion. The worst country that can emerge out of Nigeria if we separate based on tribe and religion as often suggested by most PDP lapdogs is Igboland and South-south. The only way to avoid a continuous crisis is to give every family or village their own country.

I seem not to understand the highlighted. Can some one help out, please?.
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by OmoTier1(m): 4:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
jamace:

He is simply telling you the truth that leaders in these regions careless about the people and they will fight and destroy the land for their selfish aim.

Look at traditional seats in these regions, with the exception of Edo, the rest always end up in bloody war. That should give you a taste of what it may be like when these regions break away from the center. They will destroy themselves quicker than salt dissolving in water!
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by geeez: 4:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo: This is the reason why we should always practise politics of unity and not tribalism and religion. The worst country that can emerge out of Nigeria if we separate based on tribe and religion as often suggested by most PDP lapdogs is Igboland and South-south. The only way to avoid a continuous crisis is to give every family or village their own country.

Igboland is homogenous except you are trying to tell us that you guys are not really united which is very believeable. Their challenges will be criminality induced by the influx of thier people with nothing to do as well as being landlocked.

My fear is the South South which as it is consists of more than six major tribes - Ijaws, Itshekiris, Urhobos, Efik, Ibibio, Bini, Esan etc
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Theben(m): 4:34pm On Dec 20, 2013
And I also hope they are aware of the level of poverty in Eritrea, south sudan and somaliland. These are countries that fought for secession but still struggle to provide decent lives for their citizens.
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by abbakacici: 4:43pm On Dec 20, 2013
jamace:

what she said is that Igbos and the Ijaw live together in peace, when the people they leader told them that they have a common enemy but when this is not longer the case, then Biafara will back up, into south-south and south east, and then Ijaw, Itsekiri, Isoko, Urhobo, Ukwuani and others will be fighting among themselves and in the south east they will be fighting even now they fighting over which senatorial district to produce governor what do u think will happen when is which village is to produce the president, and USSR was never one countries that is federal government, are union of multiple subnational Soviet republics, it was governed as a single-party state by the Communist Party, with Moscow as its capital. Its government and economy were not highly centralised as nigerian. just like the case of USA now
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 20, 2013
DerideGull:

What about Korea,Czechoslovakia,Yugoslavia and USSR? There is nothing wrong in South Sudan. What is happening remains the normal growing pain.
Normal growing pain? So Nigeria's current problem is also just a normal growing pain which we should rather endure!
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by DerideGull(m): 4:46pm On Dec 20, 2013

It is unfortunate people do not follow historical facts in Nigeria. Prior to the Gowon’s idiotic 12 states departmentalization of Nigeria, there were regions. Among the four regions, none was more peaceful than Eastern region and Mid-western region. Both northern and western regions were rife with political riots and social unrests.

I have no doubts if Nigeria disintegrates today, the glory old days of serious determination in pursuit of happiness and progress will return to areas of former eastern region and mid-western region.

2 Likes

Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by c0llynz02: 4:47pm On Dec 20, 2013
geeez:

Igboland is homogenous except you are trying to tell us that you guys are not really united which is very believeable. Their challenges will be criminality induced by the influx of thier people with nothing to do as well as being landlocked.

My fear is the South South which as it is consists of more than six major tribes - Ijaws, Itshekiris, Urhobos, Efik, Ibibio, Bini, Esan etc
Rivers state alone has Ikwerre, Igbo, Ijaw, Kalabari, Etche, Ogba, Ogoni, Abua, Andoni, Ekpeye, Engenni, Ibani
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by DerideGull(m): 4:50pm On Dec 20, 2013
geeez:

The above junk explains the mindset behind the foolish moves by OPC in Delta State recently.
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
IbokUtoroh: which u do follow the issues in that country closely you will know that bulk of the problems from southern sudan is been instigated by sudan. sudan n al bashir didnt want the breakup since majority of the fuel comes from the south. y do u think ICC wants him? that man is a terrorist n he is the one fueling the crisis in south sudan.
If S-Sudan could fall into the trap of being unfluenced by their enemy to kill themselves, then who said that any part of Nigeria which breaks away will not fall into the same trap? And beleive me such influence will always be there!
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by omenka(m): 5:00pm On Dec 20, 2013
DerideGull:

What about Korea,Czechoslovakia,Yugoslavia and USSR?.

My brother, we are Africans. We view things rather differently.

1 Like

Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 20, 2013
omenka:

My brother, we are Africans. We view things rather differently.
Thanks, dats exctly what I had in mind! Africa will always be Africa
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Abagworo(m): 5:07pm On Dec 20, 2013
jamace:

It is as clear as day. If we break up based on a need to develop without ethnicity being the basis, then there will be peace. However if we are to adopt ethnicity as the basis for such break up, then get ready for permanent war and bloodshed. Some groups and subgroups might want to dominate others while those endowed with more resources will still be clamouring for their own country. There will still be zoning and there will still be ethnic suspicions.
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 20, 2013
Mr Knowitall: You are comparing apple to orange. In South Sudan you have two different ethnic groups: Nuers and Dinkas fighting each other.

The president who is a Dinka, fired the vice president who is a Nuer, so the Nuers who are loyal to the vice president are

angry about this and are seeking some kind of revenge. If Nigeria breaks up( which i really doubt), this type of thing would

never happen. For every South Sudan, there are plenty of other countries that have broken up and doing just fine.

Well said.
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by dayokanu(m): 5:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
geeez:

Have you ever seen the Anambra vs Enugu threads on NL or Anambra vs Imo threads?

I have never seen an Oyo vs Osun or Ondo vs Ekiti thread before

1 Like

Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by wirinet(m): 5:27pm On Dec 20, 2013
jamace: War is not a bad thing. War is just the other side of peace.

OP, do you believe that certain peaceful conditions are worse than war?

I do not believe a human being wrote the above. War is not a bad thing? Do you have cable TV at all, do you see pictures of immense sufferings by millions of Syrians as a result of a senseless war? Syria is in such a mess today with so many foreign fighters dividing up the country, each with different agenda. this will be the same scenario if Nigeria goes to war.

SO what conditions exist in Nigeria that is worse that war?

what anarchists advocating for war do not realize is that a war in the 21 century is
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by 5thNOTE: 5:35pm On Dec 20, 2013
wazoboy: I think you guys who think the best way to go for Nigeria is breakup should be learning frim South Sudan now! They (Southern Sudanesse) are now free from their opressor, the Sudan, but they are now facing internal inter-ethnic rivalry, many are already dead!
Read their story here:
Well i am coming to treat ur idoit.
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 20, 2013
dayokanu:

Have you ever seen the Anambra vs Enugu threads on NL or Anambra vs Imo threads?

I have never seen an Oyo vs Osun or Ondo vs Ekiti thread before
Exactly why I lost my hope in Biafra.
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by chiefinalowo: 6:07pm On Dec 20, 2013
DerideGull:

What about Korea,Czechoslovakia,Yugoslavia and USSR?

You must be a mor0n! We are talking about Africa man!
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by fr3do(m): 6:19pm On Dec 20, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
He is simply telling you the truth that leaders in these regions careless about the people and they will fight and destroy the land for their selfish aim.

Look at traditional seats in these regions, with the exception of Edo, the rest always end up in bloody war. That should give you a taste of what it may be like when these regions break away from the center. They will destroy themselves quicker than salt dissolving in water!

And the odua leaders have your interest at heart
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Kponkwem(m): 7:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
c0llynz02: Rivers state alone has Ikwerre, Igbo, Ijaw, Kalabari, Etche, Ogba, Ogoni, Abua, Andoni, Ekpeye, Engenni, Ibani

Fear merchant! Most of those groups you mentioned with the exception of Andoni and Ogoni can be streamlined as Igbo-Ikwerre, Ogba, Ekpeye, Abua, Igbani, Etche and Ijaw-Kalabari, Engenni, Igbani also.

Stop microcising cognisable group classifications.
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Kponkwem(m): 7:07pm On Dec 20, 2013
Whatever happens I think the East should be able to absorb the shocks. The doomsday expectations of some persons will be defeated with pragmatic adoption of the Ahiara Declaration- which for now serves as an authentic grundnorm of all Easterners- whether minority or majority. Lol!
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Pharoh: 8:05pm On Dec 20, 2013
Kponkwem: Whatever happens I think the East should be able to absorb the shocks. The doomsday expectations of some persons will be defeated with pragmatic adoption of the Ahiara Declaration- which for now serves as an authentic grundnorm of all Easterners- whether minority or majority. Lol!

That ahiara declaration will not fly today and hope you know that declaration was one of the reasons that the war was lost. You guys always shout biafra and igbo country but you don't have the slightest idea of how you are going to run the country.
Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
Southern nigeria is too fragmented, especially SE and SS.

Breaking up is not in anyone's best interest.

1 Like

Re: I Hope The Champions Of Breakup Are Monitoring Whats Going On In South Sudan! by Obiagu1(m): 8:36pm On Dec 20, 2013
Read their story here:

Biafra will only be like South Sudan if they continue staying in Nigeria longer than they've already done, fighting a second civil war and forming warlords at every district.

Right now, we have no warlords and the time is now to secede.

Biafra is not South Sudan!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attack At Mubi In Adamawa State / Photos From Inauguration Of Biafra Embassy In Spain By Nigerian Igbo People / $700 Million Raw Cash Found In Petroleum Minister’s House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.