Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Top 5 Most Memorable Highlights Of 2013 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 5 Most Memorable Highlights Of 2013 (1111 Views)

NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election / The Worst Govenors Of 2013 / 10 Worst Quotes Of 2013 By Nigerian Public Figures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Most Memorable Highlights Of 2013 by prymesolution: 8:17pm On Dec 20, 2013
As 2013 winds down, I thought about the most memorable events that went viral among Nigerians, both at home and abroad.

Here's my list, beginning with the most memorable:

1. My Oga At The Top
This has got to be the #1 on every Nigerian's list. The then Lagos State Commandant of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corp (NSCDC) Mr Obafaiye Shem appeared on Channels TV show to discuss issues relating to his organization (watch the video here). Mr Obafaiye couldn't tell his NSCDC's web address. His final response to the question "What is the website of NSCDC?" trigger a national comedy sensation.

DJ Ziggy made a remix and uploaded it on YouTube while other saw a business opportunity to make shirts with the "My oga at the top" inscription.

2. River State House of Assembly 'Knack You Akpako' Saga
The political mayhem in Rivers State House of Assembly on July 8th is #2 on my list. It's was tagged "knack you akpako" after a video of Honorable Chidi Lloyd hitting another honorable with the mace surfaced online.

Watch a short clip of the akpako below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM9P9nxNMA8

3. Honorable Patrick "Higi haga" Obahiagbon's interview on the River State crisis
Honorable Obahiagbon is no stranger to anyone who's familiar with the Nigerian political terrain. This man is known for his command of English vocabularies. Unfortunately, while he makes very cogent points, he message is usually lost in translation.

This exactly what happened when he was invited by Channels Television to discuss the political situation in Rivers State. Watch the video here.

4. Go and Die
This insensitive comment made by Governor Adams Oshiomole of Edo State is fairly recent. You can read the details and watch the video here. The governor has since apologized and compensated the widow, Mrs. Joy Oviengbede Ifije, with 2 Million Naira and an employment offer.

I tagged this 'Go and Die' becomes 'Come and Dine.'

Just like 'Oga at the top', Some Nigerians saw a business opportunity and they made "Go and Die" shirts.

5. Open Letter Season
This is the latest and hottest topic as 2013 comes to an end. It started with former president Olusegun Obasanjo's open letter to President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Shortly after, an open letter to Obasanjo surfaced. This one was written by Senator Iyabo Obasanjo.

I tagged that series "Oh Father, Oh Daughter."

What are your most memorable highlights?

I'm sure there are lots more memorable events - like the COZA scandal (we are still awaiting a robust response), the Aviation minister bullet proof car saga, and some others.

Share your most memorable highlights in 2013 in the comment section. Looking forward to reading them.

Source - http://www.infonubia.com/2013/12/top-5-most-memorable-highlights-of-2013.html
Re: Top 5 Most Memorable Highlights Of 2013 by jhidey08(m): 8:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
Thumbs up, u failed 2 put "ASUU STRIKE"
Re: Top 5 Most Memorable Highlights Of 2013 by prymesolution: 9:12pm On Dec 20, 2013
jhidey08: Thumbs up, u failed 2 put "ASUU STRIKE"

You are so right....how did I forget ASUU?? Thanks for adding that.
Re: Top 5 Most Memorable Highlights Of 2013 by infonubia(m): 3:05pm On Dec 21, 2013
The COZA controversy is definitely one memorable event.
Re: Top 5 Most Memorable Highlights Of 2013 by AbuMikey(m): 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2013

Oga @ the Top.
Evans Bipi and Rivers State.
Super Eagles and AFCON
Bayern Munich and FC Barcelona cry
Oshiomole and "Go and Die" Saga!

On NL

Garri Revolution
Oga at the top would say another cheesy
First to Comment
End time things
I made Frontpage grin

Re: Top 5 Most Memorable Highlights Of 2013 by prymesolution: 5:14pm On Dec 21, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Oga @ the Top.
Super Eagles and AFCON

On NL

Garri Revolution
First to Comment
End time things
I made Frontpage grin

lol @ Garri revolution!
Re: Top 5 Most Memorable Highlights Of 2013 by AbuMikey(m): 6:01pm On Dec 21, 2013
prymesolution:

lol @ Garri revolution!

The effect was worse than ASUU strike sef grin

You can ask some garri warlords like

Kslib
Ebamma
Garri x7
Garri ~ Warlord
Ibpreye/Bbpreye
DICKtator et al

One of their numerous threads grin www.nairaland.com/1034749/price-garri
Re: Top 5 Most Memorable Highlights Of 2013 by Dannylux: 6:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
You can't exempt ASUU.. they'd go on strike permanently for not including them if they happen to see this. grin
Re: Top 5 Most Memorable Highlights Of 2013 by pasqal09: 7:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Oga @ the Top.
Super Eagles and AFCON

On NL

Garri Revolution
First to Comment
End time things
I made Frontpage grin

Sexkillz and Ogugua losing their Moderatorship
Re: Top 5 Most Memorable Highlights Of 2013 by prymesolution: 8:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
pasqal09:
Sexkillz and Ogugua losing their Moderatorship
I thought were still mods.
Re: Top 5 Most Memorable Highlights Of 2013 by prymesolution: 8:56pm On Dec 21, 2013
Dannylux: You can't exempt ASUU.. they'd go on strike permanently for not including them if they happen to see this. grin
Hahahaha...nice one!

(1) (Reply)

"We Are Waiting And Ready For You"- DHQ Tells The Next Shekau Coming / Wizkid Arrested for Smoking Weed in a Nairobi Hotel, Kenya / President Goodluck Jonathan - List Of Supports That Donated 98.17 Million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.