Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter (2140 Views)

Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives / "Boko-Haram Is Diabolical And Should Be Flushed" Sheik Gumi!!!! / Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by ManirBK: 8:30pm On Dec 20, 2013
Sheik Ahmad Abubakar
Gumi said today that
Iyabo Obasanjo, Chief
Olusegun Obasanjo first
child who wrote a
scathing letter against him
on Tuesday, is a victim of
Westernization.
The respected cleric made the
observation in a social
media post, in which he
described it as “apolitical,
irreligious and un-African,”
noting that the letter had
exposed the Obasanjo
family feud.
“The letter became a distraction
from a
previous one written by
her father addressing very
important national issues,”
Gumi wrote. “Obasanjo is
not a saint, neither is she
one nor most Nigerians
are.
But what is worth noting is that,
at a crucial time
when the nation is
gripped by official
criminality of bloodshed,
financial misappropriatio n,
and moral decadence she
now sees the opportunity
to blast her father.”
He expressed the view that the
letter also shows
Iyabo lacks proper
religious upbringing.
“This is the segment that stirred
my attention. I
don't think any person
with proper religious
upbringing will ever do
that to his parent. I once
heard in the CNN a British
girl calling her Yemeni
father an evil man because
he took her sister back to
Yemen to marry. Evidently
afraid for his daughter the
moral decadence of the
Western society. Iyabo is a
victim of westernization.
One thus wonders what the
Western life does to
humanity.”
The cleric argued that respecting
one’s parents is
among the Jewish ten
commandments which
was also endorsed by
Jesus, “Thou knowest the
commandments, Do not
commit adultery, Do not
kill, Do not steal, Do not
bear false witness, Defraud
not, Honour thy father and
mother” Mark:10:19: and
in Matthew 15:4: “For God
commanded, saying,
Honour thy father and
mother: and, He that
curseth father or mother,
let him die the death.” -CULLED
FROM SAHARA REPORTERS

1 Like

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by malele(m): 8:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
Foolish man

5 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by Kairoseki77: 8:46pm On Dec 20, 2013
It *is* the fourth commandment:

"Honour your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you." - Exodus 20:12

From the mouth of Christ himself:

"Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." - Ephesians 6:1

From the mouth of God:

"Every one of you shall revere his mother and his father, and you shall keep my Sabbaths: I am the Lord your God." - Leviticus 19:3

The bible is quite unforgiving on this matter:

“Whoever curses his father or his mother shall be put to death." - Exodus 21:17

“If one curses his father or his mother, his lamp will be put out in utter darkness." - Proverbs 20:20

2 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by femyomotola(m): 8:48pm On Dec 20, 2013
You're fool for calling him a foolish man! Peruse well before commenting!

4 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by 99100(m): 8:50pm On Dec 20, 2013
And you are a victim of Islamization.
Yeye man.

13 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by ManirBK: 8:58pm On Dec 20, 2013
Ds man has spoken well!d lady is
nt wel brought up,irrespective of
anythn father is father o!only
fools re celebratn ha 4 doing ds

1 Like

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by ManirBK: 9:04pm On Dec 20, 2013
Whosoever is supporting what
this ugly IYABO did to her father,
your own children will take you to
the market place and disgrace
you. Talk MORALITY not POLITICS
on this issue.

4 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by mascot87(m): 9:11pm On Dec 20, 2013
Kairoseki77: It *is* the fourth commandment:

"Honour your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you." - Exodus 20:12

From the mouth of God:

"Every one of you shall revere his mother and his father, and you shall keep my Sabbaths: I am the Lord your God." - Leviticus 19:3

“If one curses his father or his mother, his lamp will be put out in utter darkness." - Proverbs 20:20

If truly Iyabo wrote that letter,even if her father refuses to curse her, shé is already cursed for life and I doubt if she can ever know peace for life.Every father has one way or the other annoyed his or her child but on no occasion should the child insult the father if they are just the two not to talk of publicly.She is gone it she truly wrote the letter which I am still in doubt of

3 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by mascot87(m): 9:12pm On Dec 20, 2013
ManirBK: Whosoever is supporting what
this ugly IYABO did to her father,
your own children will take you to
the market place and disgrace
you. Talk MORALITY not POLITICS
on this issue.
Amen,all involved & the old fools that said what Iyabo did was right
Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by olabukola: 9:29pm On Dec 20, 2013
ManirBK: Ds man has spoken well!d lady is
nt wel brought up
That's true but whose duty is it to bring her up well? You? I don't think so.

What you sow is what you reap. OBJ just got what he sowed.

7 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by agabaI23(m): 10:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
ManirBK: Sheik Ahmad Abubakar
Gumi said today that
Iyabo Obasanjo, Chief
Olusegun Obasanjo first
child who wrote a
scathing letter against him
on Tuesday, is a victim of
Westernization.
The respected cleric made the
observation in a social
media post, in which he
described it as “apolitical,
irreligious and un-African,”
noting that the letter had
exposed the Obasanjo
family feud.
“The letter became a distraction
from a
previous one written by
her father addressing very
important national issues,”
Gumi wrote. “Obasanjo is
not a saint, neither is she
one nor most Nigerians
are.
But what is worth noting is that,
at a crucial time
when the nation is
gripped by official
criminality of bloodshed,
financial misappropriatio n,
and moral decadence she
now sees the opportunity
to blast her father.”
He expressed the view that the
letter also shows
Iyabo lacks proper
religious upbringing.
“This is the segment that stirred
my attention. I
don't think any person
with proper religious
upbringing will ever do
that to his parent. I once
heard in the CNN a British
girl calling her Yemeni
father an evil man because
he took her sister back to
Yemen to marry. Evidently
afraid for his daughter the
moral decadence of the
Western society. Iyabo is a
victim of westernization.
One thus wonders what the
Western life does to
humanity.”
The cleric argued that respecting
one’s parents is
among the Jewish ten
commandments which
was also endorsed by
Jesus, “Thou knowest the
commandments, Do not
commit adultery, Do not
kill, Do not steal, Do not
bear false witness, Defraud
not, Honour thy father and
mother” Mark:10:19: and
in Matthew 15:4: “For God
commanded, saying,
Honour thy father and
mother: and, He that
curseth father or mother,
let him die the death.” -CULLED
FROM SAHARA REPORTERS
Hypocrisy!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by malele(m): 10:52pm On Dec 20, 2013
femyomotola: You're fool for calling him a foolish man! Peruse well before commenting!

But that gumi is a full grown goat.
Are u just knowing ?

3 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by Hadone(m): 1:03am On Dec 21, 2013
Well said Dr. Ahmad Gumi
Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 21, 2013
PROPHET ahMAD GUMI IS REALLY A MAD MAN

2 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by gsalvatore: 1:57am On Dec 21, 2013
Kairoseki77: It *is* the fourth commandment:

From the mouth of God:

So if someone does something wrong you then condone the person because he is your father... Obasanjo maltreated her mother even in the presence of the children, So iyabo should close her mouth just to be called a good girl? Hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by Kairoseki77: 4:29am On Dec 21, 2013
gsalvatore: So if someone does something wrong you then condone the person because he is your father... Obasanjo maltreated her mother even in the presence of the children, So iyabo should close her mouth just to be called a good girl? Hypocrites.

I am just echoing the words of the sheik.

I did not write the bible. Don't blame me o!
Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by Agunnewi: 5:49am On Dec 21, 2013
^^^^

Statement like yours makes me want to vomit my innards. You reek of hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by sammyzacks(m): 5:57am On Dec 21, 2013
Both Sheik Gumi and Obasanjo also lack good religious upbringing. the same Bible he quoted also said:

Exodus 22:28 “You shall not revile God, nor curse a ruler of your people.

For all they countless times they have cursed Jonathan, are they of any better moral standing that Iyabo?

3 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by IbokUtoroh(m): 6:08am On Dec 21, 2013
ephesians 6:4 it reads AND YE FATHERS, POVOKE NOT YOUR CHILDREN TO WRATH, BUT BRNG THEM UP IN THE NURTURE AND ADMONITION OF THE LORD. if u r quotng bible i thnk u shud quote everythng.

1 Like

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by luvinhubby(m): 6:14am On Dec 21, 2013
When an APC goon insults the president of nation, *kindergatenthings*, it`s political truth, when Iyabo insults his father that failed in his fatherhood responsibilities, they shout African morality,
Bladdy hypocrites. grin

5 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by Kairoseki77: 6:35am On Dec 21, 2013
Agu nnewi: ^^^^

Statement like yours makes me want to vomit my innards. You reek of hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy?

How so?
Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by TechW: 7:05am On Dec 21, 2013
Bloody hypocrites, OBJ should be allowed to destroy millions of souls in his bid to have his revenge on GEJ?
You failed to read where she said that he never listens to anybody, the daughter is only doing him a favour, the earlier he repents the better for him.

3 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by true2god: 7:10am On Dec 21, 2013
Sheik Gumi has really disappointed sane minds if he actually wrote\said this. When has it become a crime for a child to advice an evil father to amend his ways? We dont need to hide under the umbrella of religion to condone evil.

2 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by maclatunji: 7:11am On Dec 21, 2013
99/100:
And you are a victim of Islamization.
Yeye man.

You go to church? I wonder what you learn there if you do.

1 Like

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by ckkris: 7:12am On Dec 21, 2013
Ephesians 6 : 4
And you fathers, provoke not your children to wrath, but BRING THEM UP IN THE NURTURE AND ADMONITION OF THE LORD.
Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by maclatunji: 7:15am On Dec 21, 2013
IbokUtoroh: ephesians 6:4 it reads AND YE FATHERS, POVOKE NOT YOUR CHILDREN TO WRATH, BUT BRNG THEM UP IN THE NURTURE AND ADMONITION OF THE LORD. if u r quotng bible i thnk u shud quote everythng.

An it is the admonition of the lord that you honour your parents. You need me to teach you the bible?
Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by ckkris: 7:15am On Dec 21, 2013
maclatunji:

You go to church? I wonder what you learn there if you do.
This man again, so you and the Boko Harem Sheik Gumi done turn to pastors.

2 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by ckkris: 7:19am On Dec 21, 2013
maclatunji:

An it is the admonition of the lord that you honour your parents. You need me to teach you the bible?
God says Honour your parents IN THE LORD, not in Obasanjo's BRUTALLY. Obasanjo was turning his children to ALMAJIRI.

2 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by ckkris: 7:24am On Dec 21, 2013
Christian FAMILIES cannot in any way resemble Moslem ones.

A Christian wife deserve to be treated with dignity.

3 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by maclatunji: 7:25am On Dec 21, 2013
ckkris: This man again, so you and the Boko Harem Sheik Gumi done turn to pastors.

If we enter the matter of christianianity with you, you might not know whether to go to church again.

We leave you for the most part to your beliefs because we are too busy becoming better Muslims and may humour your confusion sometimes.

I guess calling people names is the hallmark of a good Christian going by your "Boko Harem" tag. Sheesh, you cannot even spell correctly.
Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by addicted268(f): 7:28am On Dec 21, 2013
olabukola: That's true but whose duty is it to bring her up well? You? I don't think so.

What you sow is what you reap. OBJ just got what he sowed.

Well-said.
NKJV proverbs 22:6 train up a child in the way he should go,when he is old he will not depart from it.
Who trained her?
Re: Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter by maclatunji: 7:29am On Dec 21, 2013
ckkris: Christian FAMILIES cannot in any way resemble Moslem ones.

A Christian wife deserve to be treated with dignity.

Strawman tactics. I am sure millions of them do when they find out that their loving husband had several kids out of wedlock at his grave after spending the whole of their life thinking they were the only ones.

Obasanjo has a degree in what again?

(1) (2) (Reply)

YOUR SENATORS MONTHLY BOOTIES / Election Will Be Tough In 2015, We Want To Take Over – Buhari (see) / Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.