Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan (1726 Views)

Crisis In Gbajabiamila’s Camp Over Letter To Oyegun / PDP Governors Prostrate For Obasanjo Over Jonathan / NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by LordVarys: 7:51am On Dec 21, 2013
Former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon (rtd) and
former Minister of Defence, Gen Theophilus
Danjuma (rtd), have berated former president
Olusegun Obasanjo over his open letter to President
Goodluck Jonathan, describing it as being capable of
breaching the peace in the country.
The duo stated this yesterday at the 6th edition of
the Abuja Festival of Praise, hosted by Danjuma, at
the international Conference Centre, Abuja.
In a goodwill message, Gowon warned Nigerians,
especially leaders, against making utterances
capable or breaching the peace of the country,
noting that it was important for leaders, past and
present to take heart not to say things that can bring
about problems as all Nigerians will suffer if there is
no peace in the country.
"I will like for Nigerians to please take heart to
ensure that taken are not taken to do what they
should not do.
Let all Nigerians, leadership and followership make
sure that we do not make utterances or say things
that can really create problems for the leadership
and for the country because if that happens, if we
listen to such utterances, there shall be no peace
and we will be the sufferers for it.
"I want all of us as faithful to bear in mind that this
country needs peace and this peace can only come
from all of us, the leadership, past and present and
from all of us. We must play our part to ensure that
there is peace in the country," he emphasised,
stressing that the message became pertinent in view
of recent happenings in the country.
Similarly, Danjuma in his goodwill message noted
that even though he was mentioned in the letter, he
had refrained from making comments to the press
about it, insisting that he has unfettered access to
the president and will speak with him "face to face"
if he has anything to say to him.
"The press have been after me, they want me to
react to what Obasanjo said about Mr President and
I told then that I have complete and I impeded
access to the president and if I have anything to say
to him, I will do so face to face.
These are very difficult times and we must be
careful, especially as leaders, what we say in public,"
he added.
Delivering a goodwill message on behalf of President
Goodluck Jonathan, Minister of Police Addairs, Navy
Capt Caleb Olubolade (rtd), emphasised that prayers
and songs of praise can save the nation and give
hope for a greater nation.
"I strongly believe thy prayers and songs of praise
like this can save the nation and give hope for a
greater tomorrow in Nigeria, the land the good Lord
has given to us.
As we labour in our bid to build a greater Nigeria of
our dream, a few elements struggle to destroy and
disunite us.
Why? My prayer as a child of God is for the collective
salvation of our souls and for those few elements to
repent before the judgement of God comes," he
added.
Earlier in a welcome address, Gana, who is the
chairman of the festival planning committee noted
that praising God can bring peace to humanity,
especially to Nigeria in view of the current security
and political crises.
He urged Nigerians to be at peace with one another
during the yuletide season to foster the unity of the
country as the nation is going through a trying
period.
Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by LordVarys: 7:53am On Dec 21, 2013
leadership.ng/news/211213/gowon-danjuma-berate-obasanjo-over-letter-jonathan
Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by Goldmind1(m): 7:55am On Dec 21, 2013
OBJ is frustrated.

1 Like

Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by seanet01: 7:58am On Dec 21, 2013
Awon were meji
Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 21, 2013
I'm sick of this letter saga
Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by IKEMBANNEWI: 8:07am On Dec 21, 2013
seanet01: Awon were meji
Ore mi, iwo ni were wink

12 Likes

Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by samuelkaykay(m): 8:41am On Dec 21, 2013
It is only a fool that can support what Obasanjo or Iyabo did.as a master of wisdom ,Obj have access to GEJ on privacy stand,his open outpouring is an indication that he has a hidden agenda,to disgrace GEJ.
Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by solihu(m): 9:11am On Dec 21, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: Ore mi, iwo ni were wink
Pele o! Ore were

3 Likes

Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by peleson: 9:29am On Dec 21, 2013
samuelkaykay: It is only a fool that can support what Obasanjo or Iyabo did.as a master of wisdom ,Obj have access to GEJ on privacy stand,his open outpouring is an indication that he has a hidden agenda,to disgrace GEJ.
But OBJ has disgraced himself n not Gej. Can u imagine ?
Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by Gamji007: 9:48am On Dec 21, 2013
My dear Generals, posterity will ask where were you when Goodluck Jonathan annihilated Nigeria! sad

angry

But don't worry, he is most likely gona fail. smiley

1 Like

Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by taharqa: 10:06am On Dec 21, 2013
Gamji007: My dear Generals, posterity will ask where were you when Goodluck Jonathan annihilated Nigeria! sad

angry

You think d above Generals think like d SLAVES that some of you guys are? You think they get easily swayed by PROPAGANDA, Lies and Half-truths like you pathetic things? You think they are as hopeless and pea-brain seized as you chaps??..... Keep thinking in a narrow, unidirectional way, urged on my mindless but determined Power Mongers who are leading YOU to your OWN destruction. Goodluck to you, though..

4 Likes

Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by IKEMBANNEWI: 10:07am On Dec 21, 2013
solihu:
Pele o! Ore were
Se bobo yi gbadun ke? undecided Gbeborun! grin
Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 21, 2013
True elder statesmen talking!...Let the selfish old wicked past generals learn!

5 Likes

Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by Femolacaster(m): 10:59am On Dec 21, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: Se bobo yi gbadun ke? undecided Gbeborun! grin
This guy, shey u be WAZOBIA?
Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by koikoi2(m): 11:54am On Dec 21, 2013
Gamji007: My dear Generals, posterity will ask where were you when Goodluck Jonathan annihilated Nigeria! sad

angry

There is difference btw a true general n a dictatorial general.
Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by Gamji007: 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2013
taharqa: You think d above Generals think like d SLAVES that some of you guys are? You think they get easily swayed by PROPAGANDA, Lies and Half-truths like you pathetic things? You think they are as hopeless and pea-brain seized as you chaps??..... Keep thinking in a narrow, unidirectional way, urged on my mindless but determined Power Mongers who are leading YOU to your OWN destruction. Goodluck to you, though..

Bla bla bla bla bla bla!

The dumbest of GEJ's laptop crew is saying something undecided

Please learn to post sensibly. smiley
Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by solihu(m): 1:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: Se bobo yi gbadun ke? undecided Gbeborun! grin

Yo ba furo re! With your head like okada seat!
Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 21, 2013
Very good...its nice to note that we still have retired army generals that reasons with their brain....

2 Likes

Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by IKEMBANNEWI: 2:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
Femolacaster:
This guy, shey u be WAZOBIA?
Yup, i speak all of Nigerias 3 major languages with a little fulfude(fulani) thus i'm seldom intimidated with lingua! wink
Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by IKEMBANNEWI: 2:02pm On Dec 21, 2013
solihu:

Yo ba furo re! With your head like okada seat!
Anh anh. ore mi we dey fight? sad? Was just being humorous with that post. No hard feelings wink
Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by taharqa: 4:59pm On Dec 21, 2013
Enigma17: Very good...its nice to note that we still have retired army generals that reasons with their brain....
These particular Generals are not amongst those seeking Power desperately. That is d main distinguishing difference, Bruv...

2 Likes

Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by jamace(m): 7:21pm On Dec 21, 2013
The sensible GENERALs are talking.
Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by solihu(m): 7:26pm On Dec 21, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: Anh anh. Aburo mi we dey fight? sad? Was just being humorous with that post. No hard feelings wink

Toh! An gama abokina. Ba wani miskila! Seriously though, why would u think u are older? Take that back.
Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2013
"I have access to Gej and I can discuss with him face..." Danjuma summarized Obj as a monke'y with that speech undecided
Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by MagicBishop: 7:43pm On Dec 21, 2013

angry

Not before your children will wonder how you let Thiefnibu use all una head.
Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by atlwireles: 7:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
Gamji007:

Bla bla bla bla bla bla!

The dumbest of GEJ's laptop crew is saying something undecided

Please learn to post sensibly. smiley

He put you in your place.
Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by IKEMBANNEWI: 9:49pm On Dec 21, 2013
solihu:

Toh! An gama abokina. Ba wani miskilaMATSALA! Seriously though, why would u think u are older? Take that back.
yayi daidai! Halan ka zauna a Arewa? A wane jihar kake zaune a lokacin? I will.
Re: Gowon, Danjuma, Berate Obasanjo Over Letter To Jonathan by taharqa: 7:58am On Dec 22, 2013
jamace: The sensible GENERALs are talking.

(1) (Reply)

Govt Created 1.6 Million Jobs In 12 Months – Okonjo - Iweala / Buhari Is The Best, I Salute You Sire / Boko Haram Dumps Kidnapped Doron Baga Villagers Around Lake Chad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.