Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,351 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

*Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional Thread* - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / *Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional Thread* (1319 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Read Rhapsody Of Realities Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional Thread* by sunny3kng(m): 9:02am On Dec 21, 2013
Good morning all, greetings to you in the matchless Name of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ.
For the remaining part of this year 2013, I'll daily post the Rhapsody Of Realities message for the day in this thread. We will migrate it to another thread by the beginning of 2014.
Kindly follow to give your day a lift with this messenger Angel, it is more than a daily devotional.

God bless you mightily
Thank you

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL Saturday, December 21st, 2013

Pastor Anita.

His Partners In Soul Winning

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine (2 Timothy 4:2).

The Lord Jesus, talking about His mission in Luke 19:10 declared, “…the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.” This statement clearly underlines how passionate the Master was about soul winning. He considered it much more important than physical food when He said to His disciples, “…My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work” (John 4:34).

In Matthew 9:38, the Lord, once again, conveyed the urgency and importance of soul winning to His disciples by saying, “Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.” He finished His work here on earth and went to heaven, but before His departure, He charged the Church to, “…Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15). We’re God’s co-labourers today in the ministry of soul winning (1 Corinthians 3:9).

The responsibility of preaching the Gospel has been passed on to us. Our theme verse says, “Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season…,” in other words, preach the Gospel when you feel like it, and when you don’t. It’s your life vocation. You practise it, whether or not you feel like doing it. You’re to partner with the Lord in winning others, not only because it’s our vocation, but because you’re persuaded by the love of Christ.

Don’t say, “Well, if the anointing comes on me, I’ll preach.” That’s wrong, because we don’t need any more anointing to preach the Gospel than we did when we received the Holy Spirit. Acts 1:8: “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”God has already sent and anointed you to preach the Gospel; don’t wait for another sign or instruction.

PRAYER:
Dear Father, thank you for making me a partner with you in soul winning; I’ve set my heart to be faithful to the call of leading the unsaved in my world to Christ. I thank you for the increased grace you’ve granted me to be fruitful in this endeavour, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

1 Corinthians 3:9
For we are labourers together with God: ye are God''s husbandry, ye are God''s building.

2 Corinthians 5:18-20
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ''s stead, be ye reconciled to God.
Re: *Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional Thread* by sunny3kng(m): 8:05am On Dec 22, 2013
Good morning people, here is your favourite daily devotional for the day.
Please remember to go to church today . God bless your day
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

Sunday, December 22nd

"…Add To Your Faith…"

Pastor Chris

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Peter 1:5-cool.

To better understand the actual meaning of the word "add" as used above, I’ll give you a brief history of that word. In Peter’s day, they had these Athenian or Greek dramas, enacted on stage. Usually, there were three major collaborators required. One was the scriptwriter, who wrote the script for the play, and then the state who provided the theatre where the play would be staged; thirdly, they required what was called "the sponsor."

That word "sponsor" is from the Greek "choregeo," and it means the supplier; the one who lavishly sponsored or supplied all that was necessary for the successful staging of the play. This was the financier. Therefore, when the Word says, "add to your faith virtue," for instance, it doesn’t just mean taking one thing and adding another to make two; no. It means "epichoregeo" (Greek); "to lavishly supply" or "sponsor" virtue to your faith. What’s the importance of this? God has already given you faith: "…according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith" (Romans 12:3). However, here you are in this world, which, in a sense, is your stage, where you’re acting out your role, based on the script (God’s Word) that’s been written concerning you. However, you need some "supply" such as, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness, brotherly kindness, and love, to make your faith effective and enjoy all the blessings that God has given to you in Christ.

Now, understand that these things, which you’re to add to your faith, are already in you; you only need to dig deep within you, bring them forth, and put them to work! The communication of your faith—your faith-life—becomes effectual when you acknowledge that they’re in you, and put them to work in your life (Philemon 1:6).

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you for your Word, which is my life; it dominates my thoughts, actions and words. I’m growing my prevailing faith, and I’m effective and fruitful in every good work, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y:

Romans 12:3; Philemon 1:6

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan:

Revelation 13:11-14:1-20,Daniel 7-8
2 Year Reading Plan: Acts 2:25-36,
2 Chronicles 36
Re: *Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional Thread* by sunny3kng(m): 8:41am On Dec 23, 2013
Christ In You Means Glory In Your Life!

Monday, December 23rd

Pastor Chris

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27).

The last verse of the Christmas song, "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing," written by Charles Wesley, tells us something beautiful: Christ was born to make it possible for men to be born again. It says, "…Born that man no more may die Born to raise the sons of earth, Born to give them second birth…."

Now that’s wonderful; Christ has been born in our hearts. This important thought was what the Apostle Paul referred to when he said, "…Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27). Do you know what it is for Christ to be in you?

That means the miracle worker Himself is alive in you. Remember, He is the one who opened the eyes of the blind (John 9:1-7, Matthew 9:27-31, Mark 10:46-52), unstopped deaf ears (Mark 7:31-37), gave the lame new legs to walk (Matthew 21:14), and restored maimed limbs—those who had their legs amputated—He gave them new legs to walk (Matthew 15:30). He fed the multitudes (five thousand men; women and children not counted) with a little boy’s lunch (John 6:5-13), and raised the dead (John 11:43- 44, Luke 7:11-15)!
This same Jesus lived, died, and was raised back to life, to be born in our hearts. Think about this for a moment: Christ has taken up His abode in the quarters of your heart; that means He has become one with your spirit. The Church needs to get a hold of this reality. Christ is in you now; and that means glory has come. This is the essence of Christmas. Christmas means you’re in Christ now; you have the life and nature of God now. You’ve become the effulgence, as well as the carrier, of His glory. No wonder He said in John 17:22, "And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them…."

Prayer

I thank you, precious Father, for crowning me with your glory, and making me the perfection of your beauty and grace. I manifest your glory today everywhere, displaying in earnest, your excellence, virtues and perfections, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y:

Isaiah 60:1-2; 1 John 4:17

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan: Revelation 15:1-8, Daniel 9-10
2 Year Reading Plan: Acts 2:37-47, Ezra 1
Good morning
Re: *Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional Thread* by sunny3kng(m): 8:24am On Dec 24, 2013

Tuesday, December 24th

Proclaim That He Reigns

Pastor Anita

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death (Revelations 1:18).

The Lord Jesus, after His resurrection, appeared to His disciples and said, "…All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you..." (Matthew 28:18-20). No one ever spoke with such boldness and audacity! He had all authority in heaven and earth; and on the basis of that authority, He commissioned us to preach the good news of God’s Kingdom, and tell the world of His plan of salvation.

Our responsibility, as ministers of reconciliation, is the most sublime on the face of the earth. Nothing could be more dignifying, rewarding, and fulfilling than being the oracles of God; preachers of righteousness; bearers of the divine order and dispensers of eternal verities! He has entrusted His glorious Gospel of salvation to us. Take that light to someone in your world today.
It’s Christmas season, a time when people are generally friendly, and in joyous mood; seize the opportunity. Don’t wait for them to come to you; go to them, and initiate a conversation, with the aim of ministering the Gospel to them. Many around the world who celebrate Christmas don’t know the miracle of the birth and life of Jesus. To them it’s a story; but He’s not just a story! He’s the One declared to be the Son of God with power, by the resurrection from the dead, and is alive today, and has all authority in heaven and in the earth!

We’re to herald the great news of His salvation around the world, letting men know that He has paid the penalty for their sins. We must proclaim Him as the saviour of the world, and the Lord of heaven and earth!

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege given to me to preach the unsearchable riches of Christ, and minister life to those in my world, through the Gospel. Thank you for empowering me for this glorious task, which I’m pleased to carry out today, in the demonstration of the Spirit, and of power, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y:

Mark 8:38; Luke 10:19; Mark 16:15

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan: Revelation 16:1-21, Daniel 11-12
2 Year Reading Plan: Acts 3:1-11, Ezra 2

Wishing you a merry Christmas in advance.
Re: *Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional Thread* by sunny3kng(m): 10:26am On Dec 26, 2013
Rhapsody of Realities.
Godliness: Piety Towards God
Thursday, December 26th .
Pastor Chris

For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come (1 Timothy 4:cool.

Godliness in this verse means piety towards God. It refers to the quality of being devout; having a devotion to spirituality. It’s an outward demonstration of an inner life. Being born again, you already have the righteousness of God in you, but you’ve got to express it outwardly. Godliness, in this context, refers to those outward activities you engage in that people can look at and say, “That’s a godly man.” It doesn’t essentially refer to inner righteousness or inherent holiness.

There’s a reason this is important. Literally, the word godliness in the Greek is “eusebeia”; and it means well-directed reverence; your well-directed devotions towards God. As Christians, we’re supposed to have this well-directed reverence or piety towards God; there’re things you do that mark you out as a godly person. For example, going to church; not everyone who goes to church is essentially a Christian, nevertheless, every Christian ought to go to church regularly and be committed in a local assembly. Hebrews 10:25 says, “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”

Other godly activities that mark you out as a Christian includes fasting, spending time with the Lord in prayer and the study of the Word, and witnessing for Him. Furthermore, as a godly person, there’re certain places you shouldn’t be found in. If you ever have to be in such places, you should go in with godly piety. There’re things you shouldn’t do, and there’re words that shouldn’t come out of you; there’re just certain things that shouldn’t be found in your character as a godly person.

God expects you to handle yourself in a godly manner. Even the way you dress should have some piety to it. There’s a decency that goes with the Spirit of God, and that decency must reflect in every aspect of your life.

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you for your Word and the guidance of your Spirit in my life. Through your Word, my character is moulded to reflect moral excellence and your righteousness that’s in my Spirit. I inspire many to righteousness today, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further study:
Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.;

2 Peter 1:5-7 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Reading Plan:
Revelation 18:1-24, Zechariah 4-6

2 Year Bible Reading Plan:
Acts 4:1-12, Ezra 5

Good Morning to you
Happy Boxing Day; I expect my box *smiles*.
Much love. Rhapsody of Realities.
Godliness: Piety Towards God
Thursday, December 26th .
Pastor Chris

For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come (1 Timothy 4:cool.

Godliness in this verse means piety towards God. It refers to the quality of being devout; having a devotion to spirituality. It’s an outward demonstration of an inner life. Being born again, you already have the righteousness of God in you, but you’ve got to express it outwardly. Godliness, in this context, refers to those outward activities you engage in that people can look at and say, “That’s a godly man.” It doesn’t essentially refer to inner righteousness or inherent holiness.

There’s a reason this is important. Literally, the word godliness in the Greek is “eusebeia”; and it means well-directed reverence; your well-directed devotions towards God. As Christians, we’re supposed to have this well-directed reverence or piety towards God; there’re things you do that mark you out as a godly person. For example, going to church; not everyone who goes to church is essentially a Christian, nevertheless, every Christian ought to go to church regularly and be committed in a local assembly. Hebrews 10:25 says, “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”

Other godly activities that mark you out as a Christian includes fasting, spending time with the Lord in prayer and the study of the Word, and witnessing for Him. Furthermore, as a godly person, there’re certain places you shouldn’t be found in. If you ever have to be in such places, you should go in with godly piety. There’re things you shouldn’t do, and there’re words that shouldn’t come out of you; there’re just certain things that shouldn’t be found in your character as a godly person.

God expects you to handle yourself in a godly manner. Even the way you dress should have some piety to it. There’s a decency that goes with the Spirit of God, and that decency must reflect in every aspect of your life.

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you for your Word and the guidance of your Spirit in my life. Through your Word, my character is moulded to reflect moral excellence and your righteousness that’s in my Spirit. I inspire many to righteousness today, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further study:
Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.;

2 Peter 1:5-7 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

Daily Scripture Reading
Revelation 18:1-24, Zechariah 4-6

Acts 4:1-12, Ezra 5

Good Morning to you
Happy Boxing Day; I expect my box *smiles*.
Much love.
Re: *Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional Thread* by sunny3kng(m): 8:52am On Dec 27, 2013
Friday, December 27th
Born With Faith In Our Spirits
Pastor Anita
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that
not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of
works, lest any man should boast (Ephesians
2:8-9).
Throughout the epistles, there isn’t much
teaching by the Apostles on the subject of faith.
The Apostles never told us to have faith because
they knew we were born with it. Someone might
say, "Well, Jesus asked His disciples, on several
occasions, to have faith." Understand that the
disciples weren’t born again at that time; they
lived under the Old Testament. Besides, salvation,
which comes by grace through faith hadn’t been
consummated at the time Jesus taught the
disciples to have faith. However, in Christ, faith
has been imparted to our spirits.
In 2 Peter 1:1, the Apostle Peter wrote, "Simon
Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to
them that have obtained like precious faith with
us through the righteousness of God and our
Saviour Jesus Christ." Notice those to whom
Apostle Peter was writing: "…them that have
obtained like precious faith…." That’s talking about
every believer in Christ. We’ve obtained like
precious faith with the apostles; we’ve received it.
We didn’t have to manufacture or create it; it
came to us in the Word, the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Apostle Paul spelt out this same truth in his
epistle to the Body of Christ in Romans 12:3. It
reads, "For I say, through the grace given unto
me, to every man that is among you, not to think
of himself more highly than he ought to think; but
to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to
every man the measure of faith." This Scripture
addresses all the saints in the Body of Christ; we
that are born again! We were given the same
measure of faith through the Gospel.
Now, the Lord Jesus made a profound statement
with respect to what you can accomplish with that
measure of faith. He said, "…verily I say unto you,
If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall
say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder
place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be
impossible unto you" (Matthew 17:20). This is so
inspiring; it means you can live a life of infinite
possibilities, create your triumphant and victorious
life, dominate, and rule your world through faith—
the least amount of faith that you possess. This is
awesome! Yet everyone has the responsibility to
strengthen and multiply his faith.
Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the ministry
of your Word through which my faith is built
strong. As I increase my faith by hearing your
Word, and strengthen it through doing the Word,
I am increasingly triumphant and victorious in
Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
f u r t h e r s t u d y:
Romans 10:17; Romans 12:3
Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan:
Zechariah 7-8 Revelation 19:1-10
2 Year Reading Plan: Acts 4:13-22 Ezra 6
Re: *Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional Thread* by sunny3kng(m): 11:36am On Dec 29, 2013
Rhapsody of Realities
Pastor Chris
Sunday, December 29th
The Gain Of Temperance

He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls. Proverbs 25:28

"Temperance" is such an important virtue that needs to be clearly understood. Some Bible versions translate it as "self-control."However, the full import of its meaning pictures an athlete that has self-disciplinebecause he wants to be the champion. The Greek word is "Engkrateia," meaning to hold oneself in. Take for example, an athlete who's training to create a new world record, and is under some strict physical fitness training and diet. At some point, he's really hungry and tempted to eat something outside his current diet plan, but holds himself back! He knows the meal will be detrimental to his physical fitness programme, hence he refuses to eat it. He has exercised self-restraint.

Now, God wants you to have this kind of self-restraint and discipline in your life, where you're able to hold yourself in, and refuse to do anything that's not consistent with the Word of God. He wants you to take charge of your life. You must exercise the ability to hold yourself in, and say "No" when necessary. For example, someone offends you and you're angry, but you choose instead to let it go and walk on in love. You "held yourself in" from giving the person "a piece of your mind!" You walked with the mind of Christ.

No matter what others do to you; they may spite, revile, or criticize you; hold yourself back from responding in pride, anger or bitterness. In Luke 6:29, Jesus said "And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other...." In other words, hold yourself in; have self-restraint;don't fight back. Grab yourself from the inside.

Perhaps, as a wife or a husband, a lot has happened in your home and you're on the verge of losing your cool: hold yourself in!
Don't quit that marriage; be patient and remain loving, with the confident assurance that all things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose.

CONFESSION

I have the ability to make the right judgments and choices and I refuse any attitude, habit or lifestyle that is inconsistent with the Gospel. No matter what happens around me, I don't bow to pressure. Rather, I hold myself in from within.

FURTHER STUDY
1 Corinthians 9:27; Proverbs 5:23 (GNB); Galatians 5:22-23(GNB)

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
Revelation 20:1-15; Zech 12 -14

Acts 5:1-11; Ezra 8

Good Morning to you
Do have a Glorious Sunday.
Much love.
Re: *Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional Thread* by sunny3kng(m): 11:36am On Dec 29, 2013
Rhapsody of Realities
Pastor Chris
Sunday, December 29th
The Gain Of Temperance

He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls. Proverbs 25:28

"Temperance" is such an important virtue that needs to be clearly understood. Some Bible versions translate it as "self-control."However, the full import of its meaning pictures an athlete that has self-disciplinebecause he wants to be the champion. The Greek word is "Engkrateia," meaning to hold oneself in. Take for example, an athlete who's training to create a new world record, and is under some strict physical fitness training and diet. At some point, he's really hungry and tempted to eat something outside his current diet plan, but holds himself back! He knows the meal will be detrimental to his physical fitness programme, hence he refuses to eat it. He has exercised self-restraint.

Now, God wants you to have this kind of self-restraint and discipline in your life, where you're able to hold yourself in, and refuse to do anything that's not consistent with the Word of God. He wants you to take charge of your life. You must exercise the ability to hold yourself in, and say "No" when necessary. For example, someone offends you and you're angry, but you choose instead to let it go and walk on in love. You "held yourself in" from giving the person "a piece of your mind!" You walked with the mind of Christ.

No matter what others do to you; they may spite, revile, or criticize you; hold yourself back from responding in pride, anger or bitterness. In Luke 6:29, Jesus said "And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other...." In other words, hold yourself in; have self-restraint;don't fight back. Grab yourself from the inside.

Perhaps, as a wife or a husband, a lot has happened in your home and you're on the verge of losing your cool: hold yourself in!
Don't quit that marriage; be patient and remain loving, with the confident assurance that all things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose.

CONFESSION

I have the ability to make the right judgments and choices and I refuse any attitude, habit or lifestyle that is inconsistent with the Gospel. No matter what happens around me, I don't bow to pressure. Rather, I hold myself in from within.

FURTHER STUDY
1 Corinthians 9:27; Proverbs 5:23 (GNB); Galatians 5:22-23(GNB)

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
Revelation 20:1-15; Zech 12 -14

Acts 5:1-11; Ezra 8

Good Morning to you
Do have a Glorious Sunday.
Much love.
Re: *Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional Thread* by sunny3kng(m): 9:25am On Dec 30, 2013
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL:
Monday, December 30th

Called To Preserve Lives

Pastor Anita

And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance (Genesis 45:7).

Consider the man Joseph, in the Bible: His brothers hated him and wanted to kill him, but later sold him as a slave to a band of travellers, who, in turn, sold him to an Egyptian named Potiphar (Genesis 37). Potiphar observed that God had blessed him because of Joseph, and as a result, he put Joseph in charge of his entire estate.

Things eventually went awry when Potiphar’s wife lied against Joseph, and he was thrown into prison. However, right there in prison, the Lord was with Joseph and blessed him, so that the jailer was pleased with him. He then put Joseph in charge of all the other prisoners and made him the overseer in the prison (Genesis 39:21-22). Meanwhile, Pharoah’s chief butler, and his baker had also been jailed in the same prison where Joseph was incarcerated. On a certain night, they both had two separate dreams that got them troubled. Joseph interpreted both their dreams, but it so happened only the chief butler’s dream had a favourable outcome: he was released within three days and restored to his former position of chief butler, just as Joseph interpreted.

Eventually, Pharaoh himself had a dream and became troubled by it. The butler, at this point, remembered Joseph and mentioned him to Pharaoh. Joseph interpreted Pharaoh’s dreams, and thereafter was made the prime minister of Egypt. Soon, there was famine in Canaan and all the adjoining countries, but because of Joseph, Egypt was spared the agony of a devastating famine.
During the famine, Joseph’s brothers who sold him into slavery came to Egypt to buy food, and Joseph was in charge of all the food in Egypt, but they didn’t recognize him. Read his moving words to his brothers when he eventually made himself known to them: "And Joseph said unto his brethren…I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt. Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life" (Genesis 45:4-5).

God has entrusted you with the responsibility of preserving the lives of those in your chariot of life: your schoolmates, colleagues, business associates, neighbours, family members, friends, and loved ones. When they’re facing hard and difficult times, intercede in prayer until there’s a change in their situation. If you work in an organization, pray for its prosperity, for in its prosperity, you’ll also prosper (Jeremiah 29:7).

Prayer

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the privilege you’ve given me to preserve the lives of those I come in contact with, and affect them positively. I decree that they walk in divine prosperity, deliverance, health, victory, abundance, strength and promotions, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y:

Obadiah 1:21; Isaiah 42:5-7

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Malachi 1-2 Revelation 21:1-27
2 Year Reading Plan: Acts 5:12-23 Ezra 9-10
Re: *Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional Thread* by sunny3kng(m): 11:28am On Dec 31, 2013
Rhapsody of Realities
The Future Is Bright !
Tuesday December 31st, 2013
Pastor Chris

But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day (Proverbs 4:18).

It's the last day of the year and we're so grateful to the Lord for the outpouring of His supernatural favour upon us to achieve so much - far beyond our goals and dreams this year. Now, we look forward to the coming year with faith and joy, confident that greater glory awaits us. Haggai 2:9 says, "The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts."

I urge you to look to the coming year with hope, faith, and confident assurance that the glory ahead shall by far outweigh the victories and triumphs of yesterday. Forget the failures, weaknesses, and disappointments you may have experienced in the outgoing year, and set your focus on the present and future glories, successes, victories and triumphs the Lord has set before you.

There's so much God has in store for you to enjoy in the coming year. Some people allow the regrets of yesterday, and the failures of the past, rob them of their effectiveness, thereby dissipating their faith to apprehend the glorious future God has prepared for them. You have to learn to let go your past experiences, and have no fear of tomorrow. Refuse to fret or be apprehensive over anything; instead, dream big about the coming year.

Maybe you were already on the verge of giving up on your dreams; God is saying to you today, "Cheer up, the future is bright! I've already made the crooked paths straight; therefore you'll win and be a success in the coming year. "

See yourself making progress with giant strides in 2014. Receive the Word for the year. You can participate live in our December 31st New Year Eve Service in your Church or online at www.christembassy.org or via major satellite and terrestial TV stations around the world. Prayer:

Dear heavenly Father, my joy is boundless today, knowing that it's your delight to guide and lead me in the path of victory and success, in the coming year, and always. By your spirit, I'll never walk in darkness, confusion or uncertainty because you're my light; you're teaching and guiding me in the way that I should go, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalms 16:6: The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.

1 Corinthians 2:9-10: But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Isaiah 48:18: O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

Good Morning to you
Do make a great day.
Much love.
Re: *Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional Thread* by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 31, 2013
I hope pastor Chris is paying you for promoting his books. They're nice anyways.

I went to Christ embassy for crossover last year and might do the same again tonight with this nice babe that came for holidays

(1) (Reply)

If God Is In You,why Go To A Prayer Mountain? / A Call For Righteousness In The Nation / In Hebrew 4:8, KJV Referred To Jesus While Other Versions Referred To Joshua.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.