Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,028 members, 7,953,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:27 AM

Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) (18894 Views)

Pastor Emma Of Mountain Of Prayers, Sapele Has His Properties Destroyed / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church / Gbile Akanni Exposed The Fraud Of Mountain Of Fire In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by juw0n(m): 8:45pm On Jun 19, 2006
Is Mountain of Fire (MFM) a praying fellowship or an endtime church? Any member in house?

www.mountain-of-fire.com
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by beyunce(f): 9:16pm On Jun 19, 2006
dont think da is anything wrong wit it. church is church.

i t doesnt matter da church u go to. wat matter is ur heart.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by Rottweiler(m): 9:05am On Jun 20, 2006
Most of the people who bring up christianity-related issues on NL do it with ulterior motives. Religions is a very sensitive issue! Why can't you guys just keep quiet and discuss other issues than stir up religious war? If you feel you have issues why not take them up with the members of the church that you know. People just create opportunities for those who know nothing about christianity to start making blasphemous posts.

If it is an end-time church, what business of yours is it? You want to send policemen to shut them down?

2 Likes

Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by Seun(m): 10:59am On Jun 20, 2006
People have the right to scrutinize religions and church leaders, because many decisions are made on our behalf based on the assumption that these religions and church leaders are genuine.

If the president can be scrutinized, why not pastors and their ministries? If they are sound, they will prevail.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by omogenikky(f): 12:33pm On Jun 20, 2006
Is Mountain of Fire (MFM) a praying fellowship or an endtime church?

What exactly is the question here? What's the meaning of a praying fellowship and what's the meaning of an endtime church? Sorry, the question is a bit pointless. My guess is you're just trying to stir up things.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by Anabib(f): 1:09pm On Jun 20, 2006
what ever your reason for posting this thread,
MFM is a CHURCH, a praying church.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by Rottweiler(m): 1:17pm On Jun 20, 2006
Seun:

People have the right to scrutinize religions and church leaders, because many decisions are made on our behalf based on the assumption that these religions and church leaders are genuine.

If the president can be scrutinized, why not pastors and their ministries? If they are sound, they will prevail.

If he had genuine intentions, why scrutinize on the net? Giving even 'babalawos' the opportunity to cast aspersions. The iniator of the thread is obviously based in Naija. What stopped him from visiting one of the churches or the MFM website for details than asking people who are obviously against God - those who do not hesitate to blaspheme.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by Seun(m): 1:30pm On Jun 20, 2006
This is like PDP members asking ANPP politicians not to criticize their presidents and governors. Isn't that ridiculous?
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by damygurl(f): 6:21pm On Jun 20, 2006
MFM is my Home Church. wat exactly do you mean by endtime church?
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:39pm On Jun 21, 2006
ave not been to church in a long while, (it is on TV most of the day anywayz)

Religion is like sugar to a child, you need it but too much is bad for your teeth.

Personally, ohh. I believe there is (my definition)

Religion: Ceremonial practices based on part philisophy, part tradtion, part fashion and mostly politics. serious issues with accountability and responsibility because most of the statutes or tenets guiding daily living is based 10% ancient texts and 90% human knowledge, human wisdom, human whims.

Philosophy: way of living based on an adopted sense of morality, "common-good common-sense" i call it.

Faith: Way of living based on wholly acceptance of a supreme creator or spirit-being who lets you live the way you wish but also holds you responsible and accountable for your actions

Sooo, I am no zealot but I think I like MFM simply because they pray a lot. it says a whole lot about what you believe in.

I also have a muslim friend who prays a lot besides the normal prayers, but he also fornicates every second that he is not praying, he says prayer is the responsibility of every muslim, but it does not mean that he is not a sinner, just doing his daily chores he says. hmm, now that is a perspective u do not see everyday
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by theservant: 2:53pm On Jun 22, 2006
Good thata topic like this is allowed on this site, welll there is nothing wrong with it, I think the issue of religion and church are two different things, just as I would say the issue of christainity and religion, We will also talk about that Later, but Mountain of fire and miracles ministries is a church thaty strickly adheres to bible doctrines without dilution, what they do there is just wihing the context of the word, of God which makes it a good church,

I want to tell us that there are many other churches like that in the country, we would also not forget to allow human imperfection that might manifest in setting up things even spiritual things like a church, but we are safe to accept mountain of fire, and other bible teaching church as churches for the Lord

One major fact I will like us to to note is that the name of a church, the size, popularity or the name of the general overseer has nothing to do with our salvation, and note again, Jesus is coming for just one church not churches,
God bless you all
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by cutieexx(f): 3:52pm On Jun 22, 2006
people, hello!shocked
i don't get this topic but all i've got to say is that i'm a memeber fo MFM, undecidedso if u have any question to ask about me church, u should, bring them on, jus so we can clear all this rumour about d church being specifically a end-time church.
I live in d UK n i go to MFM here, but 12 years spent in Nigeria,out of these 4 years in MFM, i still know wats going on. I know d church is popular,even here in london,it's a good church, d thing is they're prayful n that's a good thing as u christians would know because d bible does say: pray without ceasing wink n without praying 2 GOD 2 solve ur problems,ur in a tight situation and um ain't going no where
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by kellybaba(m): 5:12pm On Jun 22, 2006
PLS I STAY IN LAGOS AND HV BIN A MFMite SINCE 1999,I BEG THOSE WHO POST THREADS WITH OBNOXIOUS INTENTIONS TO STOP FORTHWITH !

IF U WANT 2 KNOW ABOUT A BOOK,U READ IT. U WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE GUD LORD LORD IS DOIN IN THIS END-TIME,U KNOW WHR TO LOCATE US !

GOD BLESS U AS U STOP GIVING ROOM TO BLASPHEMERS TO RIDICULE THE LORD !
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by Idekeson(m): 7:05pm On Jun 22, 2006
With the increased commercialization of churches, creative guys are coming up with sensational names like Fire and Brimestone to lure more troubled souls that will contribute to their coffers.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by akani(m): 2:57pm On Jun 29, 2006
Seun:

I strongly believe that this thread is created for everyone's opinion to be express but can also be monitor and carefuly maintain to avert wrong expression that might be sprout out from some impression.
This infer that some post worth unneccessary that appear on this thread and extreme care has to be taken not to erupt unwanted discord.i want you to believe that many people are prone readers of this thread and any msg get across the net has be  overted.
Am not saying scrtinizing should not take place but should based on some aspect of life eg politically,socially,economically etc.In religion, i want you to believe that its very delicate and sensitive to deal with esp in our country and africa as a whole.This is because it does contain a lot of fanatics which indulge in disseminating rumour under the pretext of blasphamous.This has happened in so many place all over the country and africa as a whole.Remember the recent dutch cartoonist,enugu and in the northern aspect of the country are strictly minor examples I'm also a living withness to some crisis happening based on religion aspect in the northern part of this country.
If the need arise to discuss religion, or anyone found that he need some imformation about a particular religion he/she should be directed to the appriopate quarters and not in the forum where multi-religionist are present, no one will condone a situation of defiling his /her religon.
On the same vein,to scritinize any religion happen to be immaturity game because i believe is only the creator who can do that successfully no born of man can do that even the top authorities find it diffucult takeless of anyone.i will urge most members to take heed of their post.
  [quote][/quote]
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by abioye(m): 3:55pm On Jun 29, 2006
JuWon, I am a member of MFM and i am happy and proud to be a member. U will know if MFM is a church or not when you are attacked by enemies or you have an infirmity. U will be the one to suggest that they should take u to MFM for deliverance.

Since they are calling the name of the LORD, it is a church. Be carefull.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by KDK(m): 2:42pm On Sep 08, 2006
Well, like my sister said, "ti owo ba ba e, wa mo ona to ya si MFM"----When hand touch you, you will know the answer to that question of yours.
But one thing you remember is that all churches can't be same in terms of ministry; they've all got their ministries as they are like parts in the human body. Can you imagine what the body will be if it is all eyes or all ears or all legs? It will no longer be a body as we know it.
Let those who have ears, let them hear. Take my advise, do not attack a church or their overseer. God will not take it lightly with you, that zone is exclusive to God.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by enugu(f): 1:08pm On Sep 13, 2006
Test every spirit/ Test all things; hold fast to what is good (ref: 1Thess.5:21)

ABeg make una no butcher the author of the thread. If he wants to know about MFM, just enlighten him and not begin to read meanings into his questions. What if he is interested in the church and wants to know if it's the right one for him

Some people are already beginning to subtly threaten with 'ekpe' thinly disguised as scriptural injuctions. So we should just jump on the bandwagon abi? because some MFMites are here. Have you forgotten that Pastor- King something or the other who set fire to his members Perhaps if people had made enquires first, they wouldn't have fallen into such hands.

Even our Lord Jesus said to His disciples that those who are NOT against him, are FOR Him. So, fellow christians, let us take care. God is more than able to fight for Himself. What of people who have cursed HIm and later repented? Abeg una take am easy. Let those who know the answer to the question, give it without, threats, curses, and all other innuendoes of doom and gloom undecided

Cheers grin
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by lafile(m): 12:23pm On Sep 19, 2006
enugu, i agree wit u all da way, if i waz juw0n wit the replies given by mfm members to this post, i for no near the church lai lai, i know quite a lot of mfm guys whos faith i can vouch for [ as much as anyone can vouch for any ones faith], but i have a friend whose muslim sibling said he will never be a christian because the mfm church close to his house are always praying 'die by fire. die by fire' every nite vigil
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by KDK(m): 11:01am On Sep 20, 2006
@ JUWON,
Your question is a very technical one. The answer is that MFM is both an end time church and a praying church.

@ Lafile,
I don't blame you guys. It is a big misconception of the ministry by members and even among the pastors. I  attended a service in one of the branches in Lagos and was shocked to hear the Pastor say " we are not here to pray for people to die today, we will do that in another service". What he meant was that we were going to have a thanksgiving service instead of the normal service.
I can tell you in all sincerity that we do not pray against people. We don't pray for people to die rather we pray against powers. It is just unfortunate that some people are stubborn in letting go of their power so they die along with these powers (we call them casualties). That not withstanding, we do not rejoice at the death of these people for we would have rather they got saved than died.

About the noise issue. Could you please forward me your address( not the full address but the area)  so that I can put a stop to this? It is not our wish to disturb the sleep of neighbours. We are friendly people just that some pastors over do things. Once again, accept my apologies. embarassed
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by 9ja4eva: 9:07pm On Apr 13, 2007
die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!die!
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by bameyi(m): 10:44pm On Apr 13, 2007
@KDK

men i must commend you on your posting. very matured, intelligent and the kind of write i expect of a Christian keep up the good work of a PR. you don't have to be a pastor b/4 you have a ministry in God's kingdom
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by luvbooks(f): 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2007
I think juw0n is just trying to find out about the church without ruffling anyone's feathers.
@ juw0n; MFM is actually what is called a deliverance ministry.Being a member, I have come to realize that a lot of people are in need of what MFM offers.Maybe you'd like to come for one of our meetings.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by shinystar(m): 11:02pm On Aug 10, 2007
Well, it is amusing people criticise everything else apart from the church. I just can't understand why people become emotional when religion is involved.

On MFM, I wil say the church is too lousy for comfort. I have a branch very close to my house that holds service almost every living moment. And they disturb the peace of the neighbourhood. On demons, I find they exaggerate their powers. I think the church is just thriving on Africans' penchant for spiritual forces. When there are no demons, I wonder what else the church will preach.

Now, fire because I am really ready for the missiles.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by shinystar(m): 11:03pm On Aug 10, 2007
Well, it is amusing people criticise everything else apart from the church. I just can't understand why people become emotional when religion is involved.

On MFM, I wil say the church is too lousy for comfort. I have a branch very close to my house that holds service almost every living moment. And they disturb the peace of the neighbourhood. On demons, I find they exaggerate their powers. I think the church is just thriving on Africans' penchant for spiritual forces. When there are no demons, I wonder what else the church will preach.

Now, fire because I am really ready for the missiles.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by TCUBE(m): 7:21am On Aug 11, 2007
I love mfm, they are focused on the coming of Jesus christ,
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by 9ja4eva: 12:45pm On Aug 11, 2007
Which church is not focused?
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by BERNICIA(f): 11:30pm On Aug 12, 2007
I am writing this,not just because I am MFM member but because some people need to know the truth.They will only have problem if they refuse to accept the truth.MFM is a full gospel ministy devoted to revival of Apostolic works.If you are conversant with the scriptures and understands it,you will know that MFM teaches the word of GOD raw and undiluted.It is a do-it-yourself ministry where your hands are trained to wage spiritual war and your fingers to do battle Jer 51:20-23.MFM is a place where you pray yoiurself through as well as being prepared for the heavenly vision,which is our primary reason for existence.All their prayers are backed up with scriptures so whats wrong with that.When the Ministry started,they received greater criticism and condemnation than what we see today,but 90% of all the churches and ministries are now praying MFM kind of prayer,lets be sincere with ourselves.if their prayers are not effective,people will not be there.The ministry deals with powers,forces and demons that delay people from being what God has destined them to be, and these powers are bent on hindering our entrance into heaven.They pray strategic , specific and targeted prayers,lets not make mistake about that.MFM also teaches how to deal with self,which is the greatest enemy of man,.It is a ministry whereby if you want to prosper,your obedience must first be complete b/c the word of GOD is a two edged sword.11cor.10:6.This is the G.O vision and we all have our visions,which will stand the test of time if from GOD.Catch the vision and it will not be lousy and uncomfortable to you.Consider what I say and the LORD give thee understanding in all things.Remain blessed and I pray that God will help us so that our visions and aspirations will be achieved in JESUS NAME,AMEN.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by shinystar(m): 5:44pm On Aug 13, 2007
Why the emphasis on demons if the church is all about revival of apostolic works? Did the disciples have to run after demons?
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by Farriel(m): 11:39am On Nov 30, 2007
They didn't have to run after demons, Shinystar. And, quite seriously, the emphasis on demons isn't a misplaced one in this society of ours.

Africa, and quite significantly Nigeria, has a culture tied deeply to demonic worship. All around, South to East to West to Northern Nigeria, you'll find practices closley tied to demonism or as they locally put it, JUJU.

Demonic practices forms the basis of most cultures here in Nigeria. From the very libations performed by people before drinking vodka, to the annual festive celebrations carried out, to the rites performed during the burial of a loved one, you'll find it tied to the very fabric of the lives people live.

In such a society, it is by no means out of place or context that a Christian organization emphasizes the need to be saved, prayerful and overcome that which has all but crippled millions of people (not physically of course).

From your comments, I take it that you're young, perhaps unmarried. As you get older and have children, get involved with the families of your wife and hear stories of spiritual attacks, maybe upon your child or upon you yourself, you'll take the works of MFM a bit seriously.

Time was when I used to share such skepticisms about such churches. Now I no longer.

If you've lived in a family where members die unnaturally, in the most terrible forms, blood seeping from their ears and noses, you'll know that a prayerful church such as MFM is where you have to run to. I haven't lived in one, but I know many and speak from things I've heard and seen.

Whether you think it is true or not, demonic attacks are real and such violent prayers are the best forms of counter-attacks.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by olabowale(m): 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2007
Why do some Christian Churches have FIRE in their name, when it is clear that fire
burns and everyone is trying to run away from Hellfire? Is this an indication that they
are very cozy with the fire of Hell?
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) by IDINRETE: 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2007
the names are all gimmick intended to deceive the gullible ones   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" / Just Like The Biblical Joseph, Have You Ever Turned Down A Sexual Advance? / More Rude Things People Do In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.