Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:22 AM

How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master (6743 Views)

Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? / Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Giving Loans To Small Business Start Ups. / Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by Oyedokun100(m): 8:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
HOW TO SHOP ONLINE FROM NIGERIA WITH GTBANK (GUARANTY TRUST BANK) NAIRA MASTER CARD

Shopping online has posed a lot of stress to many Nigerian due to payment method involved by the stores online. Also most of the payment processors has blacklisted Nigerian from their acceptance means. But with the innovations going on in Nigerian Banking sector this is becoming easy and stress free.

With the introduction of Naira Master card by GTBank plc. It is now easy to shop online, and get your stuffs delivered to your door step in Nigeria.

To have GTBank Naira Master card, you must have the following in place>
-

Opening of account with N25, 000. CBN rules

Means of identification (Drivers License or International Passport)

Copy of your utility bill for proof of address not more than 3 month

Two (2) Refrees preferably GTBank account owners for Current account

With these in your hand your account will be opened for you.
While opening the account you must apply for an internet banking to be activated with your account.

After this, your Naira Master card will be ready which can also serves as your ATM Card.

To be able to shop online with it, you must apply to buy a device to use in confirming your purchase, this device is called TOKEN. This will be given to you but nor FREE. The bank will charge N3000.00 for this TOKEN, you will need to activate it with your internet banking. This TOKEN device helps you to secure your card from all fraudulent transaction that could take place on your account.

After getting all these you are good to go online and shop for your desires.

Mind you while opening the account you must provide a real ADDRESS because some web store will require you to fill in your billing address which is the ADDRESS you filled while opening the account. Any alteration on that could render the card to be DECLINED. So be warned.

Apart from GTBank there are some bank that are offering this services. But for now, I am giving you the one I am using to shop online.

See you at the top.

GTBank

Contact me for enquries: 08167047954
BB Pin: 7C4E297B
Email: ofamous100@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by adebabs21(f): 8:30am On Dec 22, 2013
Token device is N2205 nt N3000....tank me later

1 Like

Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by Eesha: 9:21am On Dec 22, 2013
adebabs21: Token device is N2205 nt N3000....tank me later
hey when did it become 2205. Got mine for 3k. Anyways ma GTcard has saved me a whooooole lot of stress in shopping. Do it in d comfort of my house n they get delivered. Its so convenient its almost a crime grin
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by victovrry(m): 3:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
Can it serve as an alternative for credit card ??
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by dav8id(m): 3:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
Eesha: hey when did it become 2205. Got mine for 3k. Anyways ma GTcard has saved me a whooooole lot of stress in shopping. Do it in d comfort of my house n they get delivered. Its so convenient its almost a crime grin
shocked
Eesha: hey when did it become 2205. Got mine for 3k. Anyways ma GTcard has saved me a whooooole lot of stress in shopping. Do it in d comfort of my house n they get delivered. Its so convenient its almost a crime opening account with 25k? When that one start? grin
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by davide470(m): 4:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
victovrry: Can it serve as an alternative for credit card ??
No, Naira MasterCard is a Debit Card.
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by bimtee2001(f): 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
can master card issued to savings acct holders be used?
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by Ymodulus: 9:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
adebabs21: Token device is N2205 nt N3000....tank me later
its even #2100 now. Last week.
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by doofanc: 10:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
bimtee2001: can master card issued to savings acct holders be used?

yes it can
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by doofanc: 10:38pm On Dec 23, 2013
victovrry: Can it serve as an alternative for credit card ??

I'm nt sure credit card system is available in naija.
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by Ymodulus: 11:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
doofanc:

I'm nt sure credit card system is available in naija.

They are not available. All those one banks call credit card are just a rip off of someone's money. but I think Zenith has something close, I am not so sure
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by adebabs21(f): 9:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ymodulus:
its even #2100 now. Last week.

The token is 2100+105 VAT

1 Like

Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by Ymodulus: 10:14pm On Dec 24, 2013
adebabs21:

The token is 2100+105 VAT

Thanks.
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by chineduho: 11:55pm On Dec 26, 2013
Which sites have you purchased stuffs from with your Gtb card?
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by bimtee2001(f): 9:09pm On Dec 27, 2013
doofanc:

yes it can
thanks a milion
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 27, 2013
Can Naira master card be used to Open a Paypal Account Online??
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by Youngzedd(m): 11:03pm On Dec 27, 2013
sarbest001: Can Naira master card be used to Open a Paypal Account Online??

Don't even think of that twice.

Check out http://www.ideacash.net/openpaypal.html
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by Youngzedd(m): 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
Naira Master Card is general card been issued to all account holders.

Open savings account with 2k.
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by chiboy11(m): 5:03am On Dec 28, 2013
Oyedokun100: HOW TO SHOP ONLINE FROM NIGERIA WITH GTBANK (GUARANTY TRUST BANK) NAIRA MASTER CARD

Shopping online has posed a lot of stress to many Nigerian due to payment method involved by the stores online. Also most of the payment processors has blacklisted Nigerian from their acceptance means. But with the innovations going on in Nigerian Banking sector this is becoming easy and stress free.

With the introduction of Naira Master card by GTBank plc. It is now easy to shop online, and get your stuffs delivered to your door step in Nigeria.

To have GTBank Naira Master card, you must have the following in place>
-

Opening of account with N25, 000. CBN rules

Means of identification (Drivers License or International Passport)

Copy of your utility bill for proof of address not more than 3 month

Two (2) Refrees preferably GTBank account owners for Current account

With these in your hand your account will be opened for you.
While opening the account you must apply for an internet banking to be activated with your account.

After this, your Naira Master card will be ready which can also serves as your ATM Card.

To be able to shop online with it, you must apply to buy a device to use in confirming your purchase, this device is called TOKEN. This will be given to you but nor FREE. The bank will charge N3000.00 for this TOKEN, you will need to activate it with your internet banking. This TOKEN device helps you to secure your card from all fraudulent transaction that could take place on your account.

After getting all these you are good to go online and shop for your desires.

Mind you while opening the account you must provide a real ADDRESS because some web store will require you to fill in your billing address which is the ADDRESS you filled while opening the account. Any alteration on that could render the card to be DECLINED. So be warned.

Apart from GTBank there are some bank that are offering this services. But for now, I am giving you the one I am using to shop online.

See you at the top.

GTBank

Contact me for enquries: 08167047954
BB Pin: 7C4E297B
Email: ofamous100@gmail.com
Oboy I don't understand u ooo, is it not d same masterdCard isue to all acount holder wen u open acout wit dem, cuse GTB does nt ve 2type of MasterCard ooo. Confirm ur story well

Dis same card u can't use it to shop on Ebay nor Amazon so its just wortles
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by Youngzedd(m): 8:23am On Dec 28, 2013
chiboy11: Oboy I don't understand u ooo, is it not d same masterdCard isue to all acount holder wen u open acout wit dem, cuse GTB does nt ve 2type of MasterCard ooo. Confirm ur story well

Still wondering where He got the 25k account opening from.

The card issued by GTBank is the same, unless you open a dom account and apply for visa card.
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by chiboy11(m): 9:37am On Dec 28, 2013
Youngzedd:

Still wondering where He got the 25k account opening from.

The card issued by GTBank is the same, unless you open a dom account and apply for visa card.
Honestly I don't just understand wat Card again GTBank gives , all Nigerian card ve a code n wen u wnt 2use it on som online shopin center @ USA its been rejected, d best bet 4u is usin PayPal
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by richnet07: 10:21am On Dec 28, 2013
Tnx @ oyedokun ,I never shopped on line for ones I will try as u HV directed ,but pls can u help me with some reliable site I could actually purchase from.tnx
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by richnet07: 10:30am On Dec 28, 2013
Pls shopping site
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by Youngzedd(m): 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
chiboy11: Honestly I don't just understand wat Card again GTBank gives , all Nigerian card ve a code n wen u wnt 2use it on som online shopin center @ USA its been rejected, d best bet 4u is usin PayPal

That is master secure code, contact your bank that you need master secure code on your card.
Mind you that you need internet banking and token device to achieve that.
Send a email to your bank Head Office, because some customer care may not know it.
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by chiboy11(m): 1:43pm On Dec 28, 2013
Youngzedd:

That is master secure code, contact your bank that you need master secure code on your card.
Mind you that you need internet banking and token device to achieve that.
Send a email to your bank Head Office, because some customer care may not know it.
come stop sayn wat u dnt kno, GTBank run n internet platform which dey wil advise u to get a token of 2350 Naira, dat token secure ur platform wen trasfern moni 4rm one user to d orda.

Now back to d topic,GTBank only ofer one master Card, even if u ve savings acct ure entitle 2it, dey don't ofer a diff one for shoping .Mastered Card s one so 4get all dis ur story here
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by Youngzedd(m): 4:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
chiboy11: come stop sayn wat u dnt kno, GTBank run n internet platform which dey wil advise u to get a token of 2350 Naira, dat token secure ur platform wen trasfern moni 4rm one user to d orda.

Now back to d topic,GTBank only ofer one master Card, even if u ve savings acct ure entitle 2it, dey don't ofer a diff one for shoping .Mastered Card s one so 4get all dis ur story here

You see why I don't like answering questions on Nairaland.

How many transactions have you done online, when did you start operating internet banking or online transactions

If actually you aren't a newbie, you would have known that token is for domestic transactions.

Mastercard secure code is for international. Ignorant is a disease, the problem you have is that you don't know the difference between token device and master secure code and you don't care to know.

I am a heavy online shopper, I shop all around the world weekly with my GTBank card without difficulties. Which bank card haven't I used before.

If actually you know my true identity you wouldn't have quoted my post.

As for paypal, I teach thousands of people.

This my username needed to be changed.

Don't quote me because I hate argument.
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by chiboy11(m): 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
Youngzedd:

You see why I don't like answering questions on Nairaland.

How many transactions have you done online, when did you start operating internet banking or online transactions

If actually you aren't a newbie, you would have known that token is for domestic transactions.

Mastercard secure code is for international. Ignorant is a disease, the problem you have is that you don't know the difference between token device and master secure code and you don't care to know.

I am a heavy online shopper, I shop all around the world weekly with my GTBank card without difficulties. Which bank card haven't I used before.

If actually you know my true identity you wouldn't have quoted my post.

As for paypal, I teach thousands of people.

This my username needed to be changed.

Don't quote me because I hate argument.
Guy u beta argue cuse I don't understand u, wat type of master Card did u get 4rm GTBank ? Paste d site u made use of it here ? Don't deceive pple here even if u ve been shopin since 100 yrs ok
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by jeebz: 11:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
chiboy11:
Guy u beta argue cuse I don't understand u, wat type of master Card did u get 4rm GTBank ? Paste d site u made use of it here ? Don't deceive pple here even if u ve been shopin since 100 yrs ok
Not all sites require the mastercard securecode e.g Amazon, Asos. However, if the site you wish to make the purchase on requires the securecode, you need to login to the Gtb internet banking platform to retrieve your activation code.
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by chiboy11(m): 12:33am On Dec 29, 2013
jeebz:
Not all sites require the mastercard securecode e.g Amazon, Asos. However, if the site you wish to make the purchase on requires the securecode, you need to login to the Gtb internet banking platform to retrieve your activation code.
now u talk , dis u said naw s diff 4rm wat he haz been sayin , GTBank only ve 1 Master Card n u can't use it on Ebay n Amazon , dis s my argument , I dnt understand again wat he s sayin
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by loswhite(m): 11:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
chiboy11: Oboy I don't understand u ooo, is it not d same masterdCard isue to all acount holder wen u open acout wit dem, cuse GTB does nt ve 2type of MasterCard ooo. Confirm ur story well

read carefully and you will get understanding
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by Rawar: 7:03am On Jul 24, 2015
Please does it mean that without token you cannot use your PayPal account for transaction
Re: How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master by andymoorey(m): 6:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
Token is for GTBank online internet funding while paypal has a different planform where u need to pay with ur paypal information. The token secure code is not needed for use for paypal.

(1) (Reply)

New Betting Strategy / Unilever To Slash A Third Of European Workforce / How To Start VTU Business ( Data, Airtime , Electric Bills , POS E.t.c)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.