Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,463 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? (8824 Views)

Gtb To Close All Their Branches At 1pm Due To Fuel Scarcity / Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Giving Loans To Small Business Start Ups. / Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:24pm On May 23, 2013
GTB that is known for efficiency, innovation and promptness seems to have seriously declined in their service delivery.

Recently, I have had to spend more time in a GTB banking hall than the usual before I was attended to. Same with the queue at their ATM points. It seems the Online 24/7 centers they opened isn't achieving much.

The most annoying part is the fact that I have to get to where my account is domiciled before I can pick up my ATM card. You can just imagine! After ignoring them for several months, I finally went to pick it up yesterday. When I asked them why it couldn't be transferred, I was told they don't transfer within the same state. Rubbish!

On the other hand, First Bank is doing exceptionally well. You get a replacement for your ATM card within 10mins of making a request and the long queue in the banking hall has since been dealt with. Banking with them is now very convenient and fast. Superb IMO!
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:32pm On May 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by maclatunji: 12:39pm On May 23, 2013
Tgirl4real: What do you guys think?

GTB that is known for efficiency, innovation and promptness seems to have seriously declined in their service delivery.

Recently, I have had to spend more time in a GTB banking hall than the usual before I was attended to. Same with the queue at their ATM points. It seems the Online 24/7 centers they opened isn't achieving much.

The most annoying part is the fact that I have to get to where my account is domiciled before I can pick up my ATM card. You can just imagine! After ignoring them for several months, I finally went to pick it up yesterday. When I asked them why it couldn't be transferred, I was told they don't transfer within the same state. Rubbish!

On the other hand, First Bank is doing exceptionally well. You get a replacement for your ATM card within 10mins of making a request and the long queue in the banking hall has since been dealt with.

Banking with them is now very convenient and fast. Superb IMO!

Share your experiences with these 2 banks please.

I am not sure about the bolded. I picked up my current ATM from a separate branch from what is called "my branch" by the bankers.grin You know, when they ask you (whilst feeling so important): where is your branch?.

I have not been to any branch of First Bank in a very long time. Hence, I cannot comment on their activities.

GTBank is streamlining its operations and is encouraging its customers to go cashless and adopt internet banking. Hence, from a management perspective they are being efficient. In the long term,their decision may be validated when majority of their customers adopt e-banking against conventional banking. First Bank is also doing great in this regard. I think both banks are the clear leaders when it comes to e-banking.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 23, 2013
They are rather opening e-branches and it's a commendable innovation by GT bank.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 23, 2013
they really need it o.
just imagaine say the whole of aba na only one branch me dy see ooo.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 23, 2013
is ur network limited to only nairaland's bandwidth? abi u no knw Google? undecided
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Fogman(m): 1:19pm On May 23, 2013
I believe Gtb are doing great. Your case might be exceptional. First bank is also efficient.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by aminho(m): 1:21pm On May 23, 2013
And it made front page so fast
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Afam4eva(m): 1:21pm On May 23, 2013
They definitely need more branches as their client base is very huge. They should take a cue from Zenith Bank, which has a branch in every nook and cranny.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by knotty(m): 1:23pm On May 23, 2013
Apart from ATM child-like transactions, have tried any serious banking transaction with First Bank?

Gtb, to me, does not require more branches for now. There only need to work on their Network link which has this annoying habit of going of only when i am expecting credit....ahahah
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by mrofficial(m): 1:24pm On May 23, 2013
That bank and its customers. 2 branches in Bode Thomas, surulere.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by alphaconde(m): 1:25pm On May 23, 2013
They just completed a branch in my home town ekpoma but for first bank u have just praised is the most saturated bank I have seen in my life @least the ekpoma branch, imagine people extending Queues outside the bank premises, wow the atm is worse. I just don't know why people can't just abandon the bank for others. Anyway zenith bank is d best.

1 Like

Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Super1759: 1:25pm On May 23, 2013
pureguide: they really need it o.
just imagaine say the whole of aba na only one branch me dy see ooo.
its 2 my friend. GTB doesn't need more branches. Rather focus on ebanking and enhance it. Who wants to go into banking hall for transaction again, when I can transfer, withdraw, pay in and credit accounts outside banking hall
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 23, 2013
Are you being forced to Bank with them?

1 Like

Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Obinnau(m): 1:26pm On May 23, 2013
maclatunji:

I am not sure about the bolded. I picked up my current ATM from a separate branch from what is called "my branch" by the bankers.grin You know, when they ask you (whilst feeling so important): where is your branch?.

I have not been to any branch of First Bank in a very long time. Hence, I cannot comment on their activities.

GTBank is streamlining its operations and is encouraging its customers to go cashless and adopt internet banking. Hence, from a management perspective they are being efficient. In the long term,their decision may be validated when majority of their customers adopt e-banking against conventional banking. First Bank is also doing great in this regard. I think both banks are the clear leaders when it comes to e-banking.
yea they are encouraging E-banking but they should implement the attendant security that comes with it. My GF lost all her money yesterday to unknown persons, they hijacked her pin and used it to withdraw everything!
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by COUNTERFORCE(m): 1:26pm On May 23, 2013
Yeah, GTB do need at least a branch branche here in Badagry.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by 299: 1:28pm On May 23, 2013
Diamond bank seems to have overtaken them in efficiency,innovation and most importantly CUSTOMER SERVICE!
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by jmoore(m): 1:29pm On May 23, 2013
I am not their customer but they should setup one branch near ariaria market in aba.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by mrofficial(m): 1:29pm On May 23, 2013
299: Diamond bank seems to have overtaken them in efficiency,innovation and most importantly CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Diamond bank is trying to be rival to GTBank.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by DisGuy: 1:33pm On May 23, 2013
Tgirl4real: GTB that is known for efficiency, innovation and promptness seems to have seriously declined in their service delivery.

On the other hand, First Bank is doing exceptionally well. You get a replacement for your ATM card within 10mins of making a request and the long queue in the banking hall has since been dealt with. Banking with them is now very convenient and fast. Superb IMO!

lost my card last year in abuja, was told it will take a week or two weeks to get a new card in lagos, but faster if i go to the 'main branch' doesnt make sense- spent two hours on a friday in one of their branches!

Another thing i dont understand with all banks= even with all their efficiency why they don't ever post anything to you, whats the point of taking customers address when you will be required to be physically present when you have a problem- all banks
statements are never posted, complaints will require physical presence etc etc- they should stop requesting your address then, imagine if other service providers also require proof of address like the banks do when opening an account

1 Like

Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:33pm On May 23, 2013
maclatunji:

I was shocked too cos I picked the previous one b4 this at a different branch. That's why I abandoned them cos I couldn't believe that is the case in 2013. I had to ask them at two separate times b4 deciding to go to "my branch".

Well, true!
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by tuktuij: 1:37pm On May 23, 2013
Definitely they need more branches in Abj the crowd is getting crazy esp mondays but they re still efficient compared to other banks
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:37pm On May 23, 2013
Dis Guy:

lost my card last year in abuja, was told it will take a week or two weeks to get a new card in lagos, but faster if i go to the 'main branch' doesnt make sense- spent two hours on a friday in one of their branches!

Yea!

I lost my purse containing 3 ATM cards. I got that of First Bank back instantly. Access Bank took 2 weeks after request and I spent close to an hour in their bank before I could pick up. For GTB, I just abandoned them cos it had expired and another one was waiting for me at "My branch". grin
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:40pm On May 23, 2013
Afam4eva: They definitely need more branches as their client base is very huge. They should take a cue from Zenith Bank, which has a branch in every nook and cranny.

They might not need to open at every corner, but certainly in strategic places.

Imagine only GTB Oregun and GTB Anthony serving the whole or Ojota - Ogudu - Gbagada axis.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by olurotimi(m): 1:41pm On May 23, 2013
Yes, surprisingly no Branch in Gwarimpa, Abuja. I think they need one there considering its a central residential and commercial zone.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by DisGuy: 1:48pm On May 23, 2013
no amount of cashless, ebanking jargon can replace physical branch- there are cities with smaller population...

perhaps if these banks stop building huge castles in the name of banks they can cut down cost of running high street banks, they can fit everything into the size of a take away shop if they are efficient themselves, all these multi-storey buildings they are using doesnt make sense especially as they are not even accessible to everyone

1 Like

Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by tainot2002(m): 1:56pm On May 23, 2013
Yes they need more branches especially Lagos.I can't imagine myself be on the queue for long.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by optimusprime2(m): 1:59pm On May 23, 2013
Thats GTB's only problem in Nigeria, lack of Branches...

1 Like

Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by AKO1(m): 2:06pm On May 23, 2013
I was planning to open a GTB account for a while but just seeing the queue at the branch near my house all the time put me off.

Dis Guy:

Another thing i dont understand with all banks= even with all their efficiency why they don't ever post anything to you, whats the point of taking customers address when you will be required to be physically present when you have a problem- all banks
statements are never posted, complaints will require physical presence etc etc- they should stop requesting your address then, imagine if other service providers also require proof of address like the banks do when opening an account

So that EFCC can know where to find you if you misbehave tongue
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Dansalau: 2:06pm On May 23, 2013
What a good observation, see, I am loyal customer of GTB, i have my all family account with them, an d i do even advise other people to bank with GT Bank. I have a special interest and love with them, simply because my ex-MD is a younger brother to the founder of the bank (Fola Adeola ), its true that the bank is relenting, up till today i have unresolved ATM issues with them, i was debited since last month now and made series of complains without result.

I think changes in the management of the bank is the cause of the problems, because during the time of Mr Fola Adeola and Mr Tayo Aderiokun (blessed Memory) we customers doesn't encounter such, so I will implore the current MD to buckle up....

As for the First Bank, well i just opened an account with them and they are relatively doing well. I don't have an account with Zenith but anytime i go there for any transaction they are wonderful.......
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Afam4eva(m): 2:11pm On May 23, 2013
Tgirl4real:

They might not need to open at every corner, but certainly in strategic places.

Imagine only GTB Oregun and GTB Anthony serving the whole or Ojota - Ogudu - Gbagada axis.
They'll definitely need to start from somewhere. I know how far i have to go just to do a small transaction. At such times i regret not using Zenith. I can see zenith bank from wherever i am grin They could even have two branches a stone throw from each other.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? by Inik(m): 2:27pm On May 23, 2013
They should open more branches nationwide. Imagine they only have one branch in the whole of Uyo! Anytime you go to the bank there's always long and endless queues in all sections of the bank. It will take a long time before Nigerians get used to using e-banking facilities.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All Payment Issues On Amazon Kindle Solved. / What Can I Do With 5,000,000 Naira / Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.