Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,889 members, 7,956,352 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:30 AM

My Php Diary - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Php Diary (2139 Views)

How To Improve My Php Skills / I Need 2 Know If My Php Mail Is Working. / How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Php Diary by losprince(m): 10:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
I've had this dream to be a programmer but due to certain financial set backs I quit,? earlier on 2012 I had learnt html without much practice through an online tutorial, thinking I could move mount fuji with it but realized that html was just an appetite for things to come.

I did my research and discovered lots of programming languages but had great interest for c++ but I've got me no pc for practice, so I decided to learn scripting for the mean time and hope for the best, I picked php as a first official language oz it could be practiced online and it seemed easy to me.
Note: I know c++ basics though but quit coz I couldn't practice.

now this is a diary page where i will be posting how I learn this language, I had to post it here so I could get advice from others. if you have nothing positive to offer just view and leave.
Re: My Php Diary by Nobody: 4:02am On Dec 22, 2013
Pls Ooo!!! Stop right there.. Html can move mountains Ooo, I thought like u for a while, but after doing research I realised my html knowledge was not complete cos incase u haven't heard there's html5 now, and it can create mobile apps, web games, and many more.
Re: My Php Diary by losprince(m): 8:40am On Dec 22, 2013
^^ I needed a programming language not a mark up one, I know about html5 and the things it can do, I was just disappointed. I had learned it thinking I could code dynamically! with it. now I'm started learning php the html is starting to pay of.
Re: My Php Diary by losprince(m): 8:49am On Dec 22, 2013
today I'm going to start my first php lesson online via tutotialspoint and w3school, php academy will come in handy too. they say to make your sabbath day holy, I intend to make mine learny. grin
Re: My Php Diary by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 22, 2013
Thanks for sharing, I've learnt with phpacademy, codecademy and many more. I'm currently learning at w3school grin grin grin grin
Re: My Php Diary by losprince(m): 11:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
rutchiekens: Thanks for sharing, I've learnt with phpacademy, codecademy and many more. I'm currently learning at w3school grin grin grin grin

is php what you are learning?
Re: My Php Diary by losprince(m): 11:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
wow the basics of php is quite interesting and I must give it to Rasmus lerdof for unleashing such an interesting language.

learning the introduction and was fun coz I could grasp everything. things like : php is a server side scripting language and is written with html to display the end result to the user.
php scripts are executed on the server before displaying the page to the user, the user only sees the end result which consists of client mark up ie css javascript html ajax.

I also learnt some things php enables us do :- it interacts with databases and is used to build dynamic web apps, allow users upload files, shopping carts, use cookies, encrypt data, restrict users, perform system functions ie from files from a system it can create, open, read, write and close them.

a beginner php script.

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>
<body>

<?php
echo "php is easy!";
?>
</body>
</html>

that would just display the sentence "php is easy"

that's it amigo! I would be moving in to syntax next but I have understand this introduction confidently.

1 Like

Re: My Php Diary by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
I'm learning php, but its quite broad, mastering it would take some time, I've learnt it but I need to master it
Re: My Php Diary by greenPHP(m): 10:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
Why don't you learn CSS before any scripting language? PHP is nice but I will recommend javascript first if you already know CSS . Learn to deal with the client side(front end) before thinking of back end(server side).
There are greater advantages if you learn javascript before PHP because after learning the procedural part of PHP you start thinking of OOP.
It is my opinion though!!!!
Re: My Php Diary by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 25, 2013
greenPHP: Why don't you learn CSS before any scripting language? PHP is nice but I will recommend javascript first if you already know CSS . Learn to deal with the client side(front end) before thinking of back end(server side).
There are greater advantages if you learn javascript before PHP because after learning the procedural part of PHP you start thinking of OOP.

you have to learn html before css, some even teach the two together, after that, its php all the way, but if u want to make your website more interactive javascript is highly important but it slows down the website a little, that's why they created Javascript libraries like Jquery to make it simpler, You can create lots of things with Javascript but you need to make your website secure in the back end which is all that matters these days. I'm still a learner OOOooooo
Re: My Php Diary by losprince(m): 2:28am On Jan 01, 2014
greenPHP: Why don't you learn CSS before any scripting language? PHP is nice but I will recommend javascript first if you already know CSS . Learn to deal with the client side(front end) before thinking of back end(server side).

you are right but I don't want to, not yet
Re: My Php Diary by losprince(m): 2:32am On Jan 01, 2014
rutchiekens:

you have to learn html before css, some even teach the two together, after that, its php all the way, but if u want to make your website more interactive javascript is highly important but it slows down the website a little, that's why they created Javascript libraries like Jquery to make it simpler, You can create lots of things with Javascript but you need to make your website secure in the back end which is all that matters these days. I'm still a learning OOOooooo

learn well ooooooo, I don't intend to stop at php and I don't have anything I want to build with it but I'm learning it for my sake, I want to solve programming problems.
Re: My Php Diary by losprince(m): 2:35am On Jan 01, 2014
I had to suspend this thread and my tutorial... (even veteran "programmers", take breaks right?)
Re: My Php Diary by Luka316(m): 11:27pm On Jan 01, 2014
Me too, I just start learning PHP in Codecademy recently, but iam on xmas break now, be resuming by tomorow(2/1/14).

Although I used downloaded videos to support(from elithecomputerguy.com) menh that guy is good
Re: My Php Diary by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 01, 2014
Luka316: Me too, I just start learning PHP in Codecademy recently, but iam on xmas break now, be resuming by tomorow(2/1/14).

Although I used downloaded videos to support(from elithecomputerguy.com) menh that guy is good

This thread is helping people Ooooo,
Re: My Php Diary by Luka316(m): 11:56pm On Jan 02, 2014
i think it will be nice if we come here to share our challenges and high hopes as we learn our new programming languages.
because like me iam a one man solder, i do virtually everything by myself, i need someone, that may be we can start sharing our ideas, and assigments. like me i have been thinking of starting a website(with the little html and php i know so far), pls folks let come together and work together.
any one in support should halla me at: attayi_316athotmail.com
Re: My Php Diary by losprince(m): 12:01pm On Jan 03, 2014
Luka316: Me too, I just start learning PHP in Codecademy recently, but iam on xmas break now, be resuming by tomorow(2/1/14).

Thanks for that link bro.
My december break ain't ending no time soon, but I don't intend to stop. so... if you are not ready to quit being a programmer, can i get a hell no!
Re: My Php Diary by losprince(m): 12:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
--
Re: My Php Diary by Luka316(m): 12:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
Always here to be a programmer bro;

Except my brains stop Working

So whatdo u say about my ^^^ suggestion?
Re: My Php Diary by losprince(m): 10:51am On Jan 06, 2014
Luka316: Always here to be a programmer bro;

Except my brains stop Working

So whatdo u say about my ^^^ suggestion?

dude I'm still learning php, I don't have no intention to create a website.
Re: My Php Diary by hobyner(m): 11:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
Try and learn all the commands n functions. Dont bother remembering d syntax manner. Jst learn wat u nid. I learnt php for 3 months, been using it eversince.
Re: My Php Diary by hobyner(m): 11:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
losprince:

Thanks for that link bro.
My december break ain't ending no time soon, but I don't intend to stop. so... if you are not ready to quit being a programmer, can i get a hell no!
Hell No!
Re: My Php Diary by greenPHP(m): 7:06am On Jan 07, 2014
hobyner: Try and learn all the commands n functions. Dont bother remembering d syntax manner. Jst learn wat u nid. I learnt php for 3 months, been using it eversince.
Did you learn the procedural part of PHP and the OOP part in three months?
Re: My Php Diary by losprince(m): 8:12am On Jan 07, 2014
hobyner: Try and learn all the commands n functions. Dont bother remembering d syntax manner. Jst learn wat u nid. I learnt php for 3 months, been using it eversince.

do you know all php commands and functions?
Re: My Php Diary by hobyner(m): 3:14pm On Jan 07, 2014
greenPHP:
Including OOP?
If u learning php, learn oop too. But dont spend too much time on it.
Re: My Php Diary by losprince(m): 6:56pm On Jan 08, 2014
I've been dealt a great deal today, I downloaded php runner and php editor today (both android apps I thought could run php codes) this two apps waisted my time and efforts and to make matters worst the php editor refused to open unless I download adobe air which I did but I just don't know how to run the codes I typed.
Re: My Php Diary by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 09, 2014
losprince: I've been dealt a great deal today, I downloaded php runner and php editor today (both android apps I thought could run php codes) this two apps waisted my time and efforts and to make matters worst the php editor refused to open unless I download adobe air which I did but I just don't know how to run the codes I typed.

What editor are you using?
Do u have a local server installed on your system?
Re: My Php Diary by losprince(m): 10:14pm On Jan 09, 2014
rutchiekens:

What editor are you using?
Do u have a local server installed on your system?
php editor is the name and there is this other one called php runner, the problem is I dont see any run code button or sort to run my code. by system do you mean a computer coz I do not have one, I downloaded these apps on my android.
Re: My Php Diary by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
losprince:
php editor is the name and there is this other one called php runner, the problem is I dont see any run code button or sort to run my code. by system do you mean a computer coz I do not have one, I downloaded these apps on my android.

I meant a computer, I do not know how to run php on android but if u want to know how, u can try

http://phpforandroid.net/doku.php

http://www.talkandroid.com/6211-php-for-android-install-it-and-start-testing/

http://blog.laptopmag.com/android-web-server

Note: I do not own an android and I have never written code on android.
Re: My Php Diary by losprince(m): 11:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
rutchiekens:

I meant a computer, I do not know how to run php on android but if u want to know how, u can try

http://phpforandroid.net/doku.php

http://www.talkandroid.com/6211-php-for-android-install-it-and-start-testing/

http://blog.laptopmag.com/android-web-server

Note: I do not own an android and I have never written code on android.

thanks! for the help, I will download and give you feedback.
Re: My Php Diary by Luka316(m): 5:23am On Jan 10, 2014
hmmmmmmm; runing PHP on your andriot, that will be cool;
pls download and share your result with us.
Re: My Php Diary by Shittuwale(m): 12:35pm On Jan 10, 2014
losprince:

thanks! for the help, I will download and give you feedback.

Yea I'm waiting for d outcome..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Learn HTML, HTML5 And CSS In The Most Easiest Way ( Beginners - Intermediate) / Programmers..,you Are Likely To Get Hired Twice Faster Using His Platform. / L-system For Plant Growth And Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.