Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,883 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? (1157 Views)

How Allah Copied From Jewish Rabbis The Famous Qu'ran 5:32-34 / Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves / Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? by plaetton: 5:33am On Dec 22, 2013
It just occured to me that the Jews, the descendant of the ancient Israelites, are alive and thriving today, and still practising their ancient religion just like in the days of old.

Since the scriptures were for them and about them, would it not be sensible to look up to them to see how they view and apply these ancient scriptures.

Tithe fraud is surely one of the most controversial topic between different denomination of christians and between christians and non-christians.
Do today's Jews pay tithe?
Do Rabbis collect tithe? If they do, what do they do with the money?.

If the Jews( the reason for the religion) do not pay tithe as they were commanded to do in Malachi, then on what justification does a non-jew have to pay or collect tithe today?
Re: Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? by plaetton: 4:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
No answers?
I guess this is a tough one for Christians.
Re: Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? by EvilBrain1(m): 7:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
Rabbinical (i.e. modern) Judaism has virtually nothing in common with Judaism as described in the bible.

Temple Judaism was a primitive, fetish, juju-like religion that involved slaughtering animals (and occasionally, people) as well as sprinkling and smearing blood all over the place. Read Leviticus if you don't believe.

After the Romans destroyed the temple in AD 70, the surviving Jews had no choice but to synthesize a new religion without all the crude legacy traditions that the loss of the temple had now rendered impractical. Aside from the name, the new version was almost entirely different from with the old temple Judaism.

You can read the Pentateuch and compare it to the modern practices of even the most conservative Jews. The difference is like night and day.

Interestingly, Christianity also arose from the same vacuum caused by the destruction of the temple. Except that Christianity came from a more open and less Jew-centric version of Judaism that incorporated many gnostic and pagan beliefs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? by plaetton: 3:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
Evil Brain: Rabbinical (i.e. modern) Judaism has virtually nothing in common with Judaism as described in the bible.

Temple Judaism was a primitive, fetish, juju-like religion that involved slaughtering animals (and occasionally, people) as well as sprinkling and smearing blood all over the place. Read Leviticus if you don't believe.

After the Romans destroyed the temple in AD 70, the surviving Jews had no choice but to synthesize a new religion without all the crude legacy traditions that the loss of the temple had now rendered impractical. Aside from the name, the new version was almost entirely different from with the old temple Judaism.

You can read the Pentateuch and compare it to the modern practices of even the most conservative Jews. The difference is like night and day.

Interestingly, Christianity also arose from the same vacuum caused by the destruction of the temple. Except that Christianity came from a more open and less Jew-centric version of Judaism that incorporated many gnostic and pagan beliefs.

Thank you very much for that education.
grin
Re: Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? by druid06(m): 3:48pm On Dec 24, 2013
plaetton:

Thank you very much for that education.
grin

This is weird! It's like going back to the beginning of time. I never thought I'd ever witness this. The first time Plaetton gives up/backs down on an argument...

I need to go check my clock if it is working anti-clockwise.
Re: Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? by plaetton: 4:08pm On Dec 24, 2013
druid06:

This is weird! It's like going back to the beginning of time. I never thought I'd ever witness this. The first time Plaetton gives up/backs down on an argument...

I need to go check my clock if it is working anti-clockwise.

Going back and backing down?.
I have an open mind.
I have just learned something.

But my argument, where I was heading to, remains that if christianity is about the the jewish god yahweh, then christians should look up to the jews in turns of how their worship their god.

If Jewish Rabbis are not collecting 10% for yahweh, then why should all these evengelical maggots be blackmailing their followers into giving them 10%.?
Re: Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:48pm On Dec 24, 2013
If you read the torah and the prophets, u will see that the tithe isn't for d rabbis, it is for the priests. The order of priest have fade away, those that remain can't even offer the sacrifices that pertain to them, judaism is past its glory days, for d reason above the rabbis can't collect tithe, even d remaining priest cant becos they no longer work in the temples.
Re: Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? by plaetton: 7:01pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ubenedictus: If you read the torah and the prophets, u will see that the tithe isn't for d rabbis, it is for the priests. The order of priest have fade away, those that remain can't even offer the sacrifices that pertain to them, judaism is past its glory days, for d reason above the rabbis can't collect tithe, even d remaining priest cant becos they no longer work in the temples.

So why are Chrsitian preachers collecting tithe?
Re: Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2013
plaetton:

go and ask them.
Re: Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? by macof(m): 7:23pm On Dec 24, 2013
The main thing preventing tithes in judaism is dat only priest from the tribe of Levi were allowed to collect tithes, today the tribe of Levi is scattered and extinct.

#Jesus came for the lost tribes of Israel

I still wonder wat concerns a Nigerian pentecostal pastor with tithes when he isn't from the tribe of Levi

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? by Joshthefirst(m): 7:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
plaetton:

some are greedy theives who think the church is some kind of business. Others genuinely collect tithes to fund church activities.

In the church I attend in plateau state, ecwa, the tithes and collections of the previous week are announced publicly to the church every sunday.

Why would you take the thieving hypocrisy of others and deny the genuine? Why would you condemn the original with the fake?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 24, 2013
Genuine, fake, lol.

But those who you call fake think themselves genuine because THE BIBLE SAYS SO.
And you think them fake because THE BIBLE SAYS SO.

Maybe, just maybe, THE BIBLE doesn't speak for itself. MAN only aligns himself to that which gives him satisfaction and peace.
Re: Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? by cold(m): 7:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
macof: The main thing preventing tithes in judaism is dat only priest from the tribe of Levi were allowed to collect tithes, today the tribe of Levi is scattered and extinct.
#Jesus came for the lost tribes of Israel
I still wonder wat concerns a Nigerian pentecostal pastor with tithes when he isn't from the tribe of Levi

It's the fraud inherent in the church we keep harping about.It's all about the money,it has always been about the money.
Here's an excerpt to buttress my claim...The ancient Israelite calculated and paid his tithes only once per year, after the harvest. During the year, he bought and sold, exchanged his labour for other men's goods, and his goods for other men's labours; on none of this income did he pay any tithes. All year long, he and his family ate of the increase of the land and of the livestock. What he consumed in the course of the year was not recorded and added to his total harvest for the purpose of calculating his tithes. If he went fishing and caught ten fish in the middle of the year, he ate them all; he didn't save one of them to the end of the year in order to pay tithes on his fish. If he received some gold or silver in an inheritance, he was not required to pay tithes on his inheritance. It is simply ludicrous to propose that the Israelites were required to keep careful records of everything they got during the year, in order to make sure that they paid exactly ten percent of "everything they got" as a tithe.
the Israelite was not commanded to tithe on everything he obtained and used throughout the year, but only on his increase at the end of the year. The same thing is true with a business in that a certain amount of the income is consumed in maintaining the operation. It is notable how the modern tithe teachers expect the ordinary working man to fork over 10% of his every paycheck before his bills or his taxes are paid. While on the other hand, if there is some rich man in the church that owns a large and flourishing business, that rich man is allowed to pretend that a large portion of his total income is not subject to the same law. Let me point out to you how ridiculous is this distinction: The business owner puts his company truck in the company name, and makes his payments with a company check. He has his gasoline credit cards in the company name, and pays those bills with a company check. So also with his insurance. After all these major operational expenses are paid for, he then pays himself whatever he will in a payroll check made out to himself. He is only expected to pay tithes on that check.
The ordinary working man who must have a car to drive to work has all these same expenses to meet, but he is expected to pay tithes on his total income BEFORE he pays for his car, his gas, and his insurance!
The hypocrisy is obvious! Can't you see that the ordinary working man needs his car in order to conduct his own "business"? The only difference between the man who works for a paycheck and the man who owns his own company is a piece of paper. The working man pays a much higher percentage of his total income than the rich business owner, who has all sorts of "deductions" that he can calculate from his "personal" income. None of these tithe-teachers EVER demands that business owners pay tithes on their total business income, because they KNOW HOW FAR THEY CAN GO! It's hypocrisy, and oppression of the poorer people in the church!
Re: Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? by Joshthefirst(m): 7:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
aManFromMars: Genuine, fake, lol.

But those who you call fake think themselves genuine because THE BIBLE SAYS SO.
And you think them fake because THE BIBLE SAYS SO.

Maybe, just maybe,THE BIBLE doesn't speak for itself. MAN only aligns himself to that which gives him satisfaction and peace.
that is a contradiction.

Man likes to do only the things that gives him satisfaction and peace, he lies and tries to change the truth but that does not change what is truth. And people when seeing objectively, actually align themselves with the truth of the bible, realizing that everything God says and does is for their own good.
Re: Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 24, 2013
Joshthefirst: that is a contradiction.

Man likes to do only the things that gives him satisfaction and peace, he lies and tries to change the truth but that does not change what is truth. And people when seeing objectively, actually align themselves with the truth of the bible, realizing that everything God says and does is for their own good.

Tither: I pay tithe because the HOLY SPIRIT taught me so.
Non-Tither: I don't pay tithe because the HOLY SPITIT released me from that bondage.

Kumuyi: Christmas is idolatry.
Catholics: We will celebrate Christmas.

Let's ignore the whole trinity or no trinity babel and all other such nonsense. The only true Church and Christians exist in your head as a noble idea. Maybe you need to come out of the 'reality' in your head rather than hiding behind the walls of faith to protect you from the harshness of Reality, cool tongue
Re: Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? by Joshthefirst(m): 8:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
aManFromMars:

Tither: I pay tithe because the HOLY SPIRIT taught me so.
Non-Tither: I don't pay tithe because the HOLY SPITIT released me from that bondage.

Kumuyi: Christmas is idolatry.
Catholics: We will celebrate Christmas.

Let's ignore the whole trinity or no trinity babel and all other such nonsense. The only true Church and Christians exist in your head as a noble idea. Maybe you need to come out of the 'reality' in your head rather than hiding behind the walls of faith to protect you from the harshness of Reality, cool tongue
grin

Come now. Reality is not subjective to my head alone. I've been deluded like that before. Its no longer a noble idea. Its now a life. Its too late for me to break off of God's word and will. I have set this boundary myself.(The boundary of the words above mind you). I'm living the life. I've proved truth. Reality can indeed be harsh, but with God, its an exciting walk
Re: Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:54pm On Dec 25, 2013
Joshthefirst: grin

Come now. Reality is not subjective to my head alone. I've been deluded like that before. Its no longer a noble idea. Its now a life. Its too late for me to break off of God's word and will. I have set this boundary myself.(The boundary of the words above mind you). I'm living the life. I've proved truth. Reality can indeed be harsh, but with God, its an exciting walk
hmm
Re: Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? by plaetton: 6:59pm On Dec 17, 2017
On the subject of tithes.

(1) (Reply)

Foriegn Policy Magazine Rank Deeper Life As The Largest Mega-church In The World / Satan Ministry: God's Love Of Harlots. / Church Members On The Run As Members Keep Dying.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.