Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue (1958 Views)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / Lady Who Followed Her Friend To A 'Church Event' In Lagos In Unstable Condition / I'm Fed UP!! I Want To Start A Church! Who Is With Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by Princewell2012(m): 1:29pm On Feb 08, 2015
I was watching a documentery of a missionary who was seriously beaten by the villagers, for the sake of d gospel, but finaly he was able to win them. Do u know that there are many christians who believe that christians persecutions are over, it is the time for them to celebrate. Thats why they are doing whatever they chossed, celebrating one thing or the other.evn most of then are not even applicable to christians. God never commands the priest to collect tithes from the isrealites while they were stil on the journey. There is no way God could give them such a commandment. however said to them when you reach the land i promised your forefather, this is what you should observe. And they were listed and the law of tithing was included, even the ten commandment, tithe was not mentioned. The children of isreal suffered many things on their way.Therefore it was not possible for God to give them the law of tihing, amist the difficulties they encounted on their way. do u know that christians ar on a jouney?
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by tosyne2much(m): 1:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
Haha
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by ammyluv2002(f): 1:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
Story!
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by ArchEnemy(m): 1:34pm On Feb 08, 2015
If you dont wanna pay your own tithe, pocket your money but dont mislead others. Our 100% cant even buy all of God's goodness upon us, so why cant you sacrifice 10%

2 Likes

Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by ammyluv2002(f): 1:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
ArchEnemy:
If you dont wanna pay your own tithe, pocket your money but dont mislead others. Our 100% cant even buy all of God's goodness upon us, so why cant you sacrifice 10%
God bless you!
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by PastorKun(m): 2:13pm On Feb 08, 2015
The tithe doctrine remains the biggest fraud in the history of mankind and we must not rest on our oars until this fraud is expunged from the church.

1 Like

Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by CrazyMan(m): 2:28pm On Feb 08, 2015
ArchEnemy:
Sacrifice 10% to whom?

1 Like

Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by ArchEnemy(m): 2:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
CrazyMan:

Sacrifice 10% to whom?
you see. you are wondering who you are really giving the money to.
Its all about your mindset.
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by paxonel(m): 2:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
ArchEnemy:
the money belong to pastors, Do God eat money?

1 Like

Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by bossminded: 3:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
Princewell2012:
I was watching a documentery of a missionary who was seriously beaten by the villagers, but finnaly he was able to win them. Do know that there are many christians who believe that christians persecution is over, now it is the time for them to celebrate. therefore now christians are celebrating. Thats why they are doing whatever they like, celebrating one thing or the other. God never comands the isrealites, or the priest to collect tithes from the isrealites while they were on their way to the promise land. there no way that God could give them such order.But however said to them when you reach the land i have promised your forefather, this is what you will observe. And they were listed and the law of tithing was among commandments. Even the ten commandment, tithe was not included. the children of isreal suffered many things on their way, even in the land of egypt.Therefore it was not possible forGod to give them the law of tihing amist the difficulties they are facing on their way. Wait a minute, are there anything that Jesus fail to tell his disciples about gaining the kingdom of God? does our Lord Jesus forget to tell us, that not paying our tithes will take us (christians) to hell. why is that apostle paul never tells us the danger of not paying our tithes? Does it mean that aposle paul and other disciples o Jesus never have the knowledge of scriptures? (old testament) Does it mean that all this so called men of God knows the scriptures better than the disciples of Jesus? honestly am realy angry here. something must be wrong somewhere. A prominent pastor even use mathew 23 vs 23 as a bench mark to collect tithe aside from malachi 3: 8. woe unto you teachers of the law for you pay tithes of mint, dill, and cumin, but you have neglected to obey the very important important teaching of the law, justice, mercy and judgement. first nd foremost who were Jesus reffering to?

Oga if u want to pay ur tithe cool, if u dnt... keep ur moni.
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by CrazyMan(m): 3:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
ArchEnemy:
I asked you a question based on your first post...kindly provide an answer.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by ArchEnemy(m): 4:54pm On Feb 08, 2015
CrazyMan:

I asked you a question based on your first post...kindly provide an answer.

Thanks.
to your church(and to God overall)
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by CrazyMan(m): 6:00pm On Feb 08, 2015
ArchEnemy:
to your church(and to God overall)
Based on the bible, why did God ask the children of Israel to tithe?

Let me answer that for you so as to save precious time.

Deteronomy 18: 1-5
1 The Levitical priests—indeed, the whole tribe of Levi—are to have no allotment or inheritance with Israel. They shall live on the food offerings presented to the LORD, for that is their inheritance. 2 They shall have no inheritance among their fellow Israelites; the LORD is their inheritance, as he promised them.

3 This is the share due the priests from the people who sacrifice a bull or a sheep: the shoulder, the internal organs and the meat from the head. 4 You are to give them the firstfruits of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the first wool from the shearing of your sheep, 5 for the LORD your God has chosen them and their descendants out of all your tribes to stand and minister in the LORD's name always.

God commanded the children of Israel to bring their first fruit to his house because the levites weren't allowed to own lands, fields..etc. And God being a fair God, commanded the remaining 11 tribes to shoulder the responsibility of the levities.

See also..

Detuteronomy 26:12
12 When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied.

Now according to the passage above, the tithes were expected to be brought to the temple every 3 years. And it was strictly for the levities, the widows, fatherless...etc.

Secondly, it was never in form of money...mind you money was in use then, but God never asked the children of Israel to bring money into his house.

Unfortunately our churches today go about preaching about money, money, money. How many churches distribute bags of rice, palm and groundnut oil, tin tomatoes, maggi...etc to widows and the less privilege on monthly basics? Whereas that's what God instructed the israelites to do, and that's what the church in the new testament did as well.

But what your greedy pastor keeps telling you is that if you don't bring a certain percentage of your salaries and first fruits (in cash) to him, the hottest part of hell awaits you.

That's robbery if you ask me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by paxonel(m): 6:58am On Feb 09, 2015
CrazyMan:

Based on the bible, why did God ask the children of Israel to tithe?

Let me answer that for you so as to save precious time.

Deteronomy 18: 1-5
1 The Levitical priests—indeed, the whole tribe of Levi—are to have no allotment or inheritance with Israel. They shall live on the food offerings presented to the LORD, for that is their inheritance. 2 They shall have no inheritance among their fellow Israelites; the LORD is their inheritance, as he promised them.

3 This is the share due the priests from the people who sacrifice a bull or a sheep: the shoulder, the internal organs and the meat from the head. 4 You are to give them the firstfruits of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the first wool from the shearing of your sheep, 5 for the LORD your God has chosen them and their descendants out of all your tribes to stand and minister in the LORD's name always.

God commanded the children of Israel to bring their first fruit to his house because the levites weren't allowed to own lands, fields..etc. And God being a fair God, commanded the remaining 11 tribes to shoulder the responsibility of the levities.

See also..

Detuteronomy 26:12
12 When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied.

Now according to the passage above, the tithes were expected to be brought to the temple every 3 years. And it was strictly for the levities, the widows, fatherless...etc.

Secondly, it was never in form of money...mind you money was in use then, but God never asked the children of Israel to bring money into his house.

Unfortunately our churches today go about preaching about money, money, money. How many churches distribute bags of rice, palm and groundnut oil, tin tomatoes, maggi...etc to widows and the less privilege on monthly basics? Whereas that's what God instructed the israelites to do, and that's what the church in the new testament did as well.

But what your greedy pastor keeps telling you is that if you don't bring a certain percentage of your salaries and first fruits (in cash) to him, the hottest part of hell awaits you.

That's robbery if you ask me.

God bless you!
only intelligent people who think will understand you.
only tithe sentimental christians will not want to even read this your post because they are sentiments (I wonder what they are gaining by wasting their money to a mere man like them called man of God.
will they be so ignorant, wasting their money being loyal to a particular ministry and doing eye service to the pastor when Jesus is not interested in any one ministry But he is interested in all churches?
i always tell them tithe was for Judaism (another religion entirely different from Christianity )
paying tithe is like reading quran inside church that Muhammad paid tithe years ago, then u begin to cajole christians to pay.
For old testament and new testament are two different religion written in one book called Bible

2 Likes

Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 09, 2015
ArchEnemy:
So is your God a mafia boss demanding protection money?
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 09, 2015
100% agreed.

They are gullibly fueling their pastors' jet and calling God.

Tch.
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by An2elect2(f): 5:46pm On Feb 09, 2015
A synagogue of satan !
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by Princewell2012(m): 9:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
mathew 23:23. woe unto you, teachers of the law.for you pays tithes of mint, cumin and anis, and you have neglected the important teaching of the law.Justice, mercy and judgement, this you should have done and not to leave the other undone. other translation called it weightier matter. in other words tithing is not even an important matter. now because he said they should not leave the other undone now means it is also applicable to christians. thats what this pastors are saying. Jesus can never tell the teachers of the law (pharisees) not to pay tithe or stone an adultrous woman, otherwise they will accuse him of blasphemy. Jesus can never tell them not to obey the law of moses. if you remember he even called them a hypocrites. why? a christian is not a hypocrite and a hypocrite is not a christian. anyone who pays tithes is a hypocrite. now let us define hypocrite. when you accuse person of something, which you are also doing in secret. u re a hypocrite. those who select d ones they like nd leave others are...
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by brocab: 3:53am On Feb 10, 2015
Princewell2012:
mathew 23:23. woe unto you, teachers of the law.for you pays tithes of mint, cumin and anis, and you have neglected the important teaching of the law.Justice, mercy and judgement, this you should have done and not to leave the other undone. other translation called it weightier matter. in other words tithing is not even an important matter. now because he said they should not leave the other undone now means it is also applicable to christians. thats what this pastors are saying. Jesus can never tell the teachers of the law (pharisees) not to pay tithe or stone an adultrous woman, otherwise they will accuse him of blasphemy. Jesus can never tell them not to obey the law of moses. if you remember he even called them a hypocrites. why? a christian is not a hypocrite and a hypocrite is not a christian. anyone who pays tithes is a hypocrite. now let us define hypocrite. when you accuse person of something, which you are also doing in secret. u re a hypocrite. those who select d ones they like nd leave others are...
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by Princewell2012(m): 8:10pm On Feb 10, 2015
pls be patient with me, am not thrugh yet. Continue from where i stoped. Any who chossed to obey one part of the law, for his selfish interest and discard the rest is a hypocrite. any one who can not continue to keep all that is written in the book of the law is also a hypocrite. Those who do not pay tithe in the old testament are hypocrites, thieves and robbers, while those collects tithe in the new testament are hypocrite, thieves and robbers. The bible said a man sowed a good seed, but when men slept an enemy came to sow tares. now when it was reported to the owner of the vineyard, he said an enemy has done this. The doctrine of tithe among the christians is the doctrine from the pit of hell. The people living around before christ are not christians. Christianity began after the death of christ. what does Jesus mean when he says, he who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than john the baptist. Who are the children of the kingdom? they are not an engels, but bornagain christians. still typing...

1 Like

Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by Princewell2012(m): 9:05pm On Feb 10, 2015
Yet john the baptist is greater than men born of woman. this is where the whole problem began, while men slept an enemy came to sow tares. those shepherd who came in through the window are thieves and robbers. the early disciples of Jesus have laboured so had, thrugh persecutions but when they died, an enemy came in with another gospel. it appears that the weed is even growing faster and wider than the good seed. but God allowed them to be growing side by side until the day of hervest. All scritures is given by the inspiration of God profitable for reprove, for correction, for insructions in righteousness... that the man of God will be thruly furnish unto all good works. yes it was recorded i did not come to abolish the law. but to fulfil them, that is the truth. Jesus never come to eliminate the law but to amend it. his word in mathew 5, it was said in the time thou shall love thy neigbour and hate your enemy, but you shall love your enemy, if they are hungry give them food to eat.. stil typing..
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by Princewell2012(m): 9:55pm On Feb 10, 2015
it was written, when you have a son, who is stuborn and arrogant after the parent have try their best, yet he still remain adamant, they should lay their hands on him and bring him to the gate and the elders will cast him with stone till he die. And many other things,so why are we not casting stone to our stubborn children? yet this was the same law that permit us to tithe. am saying all this because of those who will quote me, that Jesus said i did not come to aborlish the law. Believe me if Jesus have told them that he came to destroy the law and the prophet, the pharisees will instantly stone him with stone. but Jesus is the wisest man on earth, he knows how to dealt with them. I was in a church one day, the man of God decided to raise an offering to build a bigger church in a new site, alots of people responded millions of naira was collected, assides from the building materials which they also promise to bring. Everybody gave cheerfuly joyfuly and hapily, now will God not bless them abundantly?
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by Princewell2012(m): 10:53pm On Feb 10, 2015
Man is playing game with God. They are mixing the grace and the law together. they will hammer very hard on a particular massage,especialy on grace, sin, forgiveness and the death of Jesus to win the heart of people, but at the end, they will round it up with tithe. This is simply stealing by trick. remove tithe from church today, 90% of this so call men of God will not like to open a church. when paul converted thousands of souls to Jesus,he never demand tithes from them, all what he is interested on, is just their soul to make heaven. paul knows the meaning of tithe, when Jesus gathered five thousand people together, after his massage he never demand even offering from them, not to talk of tithe, instead he even gave them food. The doctrine of tithe gave birth to other ongodly attitude and massage in the church. if Jesus and his disciples did not warn me about tithing why would he send me to hell? why would someone die and come back to life nd bring a warning from Jesus threathen to send me to hell?

1 Like

Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by Princewell2012(m): 11:26pm On Feb 10, 2015
finally, iam not against giving, look for your brother in need, and help him to solve one or two problem eighter financialy or materialy. you have given it to God and he will reward you. infact i will not be ashame to say that am a giver. I have made a vow before like Jacob, that if God bleses me with a job i will give him my first salary, which i was able to fulfil. what jacob gave God was not a tithe but a vow, if u do this and this, i will do this nd this, hannah also made a vow if u give me a son i wil give him back to you thats a vow, not a tithe. Tithe is a law, which made it compusery wheather good or bad, while vow comes from your heart. God loves a cheerful giver. pls you can come up with ur questions. i appologise for not puting up most of the quotations here assuming u hv come across them. thank you.
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by brocab: 6:55am On Feb 11, 2015
cool
Princewell2012:
Man is playing game with God. They are mixing the grace and the law together. they will hammer very hard on a particular massage,especialy on grace, sin, forgiveness and the death of Jesus to win the heart of people, but at the end, they will round it up with tithe. This is simply stealing by trick. remove tithe from church today, 90% of this so call men of God will not like to open a church. when paul converted thousands of souls to Jesus,he never demand tithes from them, all what he is interested on, is just their soul to make heaven. paul knows the meaning of tithe, when Jesus gathered five thousand people together, after his massage he never demand even offering from them, not to talk of tithe, instead he even gave them food. The doctrine of tithe gave birth to other ongodly attitude and massage in the church. if Jesus and his disciples did not warn me about tithing why would he send me to hell? why would someone die and come back to life nd bring a warning from Jesus threathen to send me to hell?
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by brocab: 7:22am On Feb 11, 2015
Since you have made your vow, then gave your first weeks salary, buy food and give it to the poor.

Do what Jacob did when he made his vow to God.
Princewell2012:
finally, iam not against giving, look for your brother in need, and help him to solve one or two problem eighter financialy or materialy. you have given it to God and he will reward you. infact i will not be ashame to say that am a giver. I have made a vow before like Jacob, that if God bleses me with a job i will give him my first salary, which i was able to fulfil. what jacob gave God was not a tithe but a vow, if u do this and this, i will do this nd this, hannah also made a vow if u give me a son i wil give him back to you thats a vow, not a tithe. Tithe is a law, which made it compusery wheather good or bad, while vow comes from your heart. God loves a cheerful giver. pls you can come up with ur questions. i appologise for not puting up most of the quotations here assuming u hv come across them. thank you.
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by Princewell2012(m): 12:19am On Feb 12, 2015
End Of Discussion. Who Collects The Tithes? A Priest (The Temple Keeper) Leviticus; Vs 1-11, No Other Tribes Is Allow To Work As A Priest, Ecept The Tribes Of Levy. He Must Be A Levite. Their Duty Is To Collects Tithes And Offering For Sacrifice, He Will Kill The Animal And Srinkle The Blood Round The Alter, This They Do Regularly. Depending On The Types Of Sins Each Hv Comited. Now U Could Imagine The Numbr Of Animals They Will Sacrifice In A Whole Year. There Are 613 Aticles Of Law Do This And Don't Do This. Among This Laws, The Law Of Tithing Was Included.Prophet Malachi Only Came To Remind Them Of It, When It Was Abandoned. God Never Joke With Any Of His Law. But When Jesus Died, The Priesthood And Its Activities Comes To An End. Now There Arose Another Priesthood, Which Is Not After D The Order Of D Old Convanant, Nd There Arose Another Law Also Which Is The Law Of The Spirit Nd Faith. So Anyone Who Is Still Practicing That Comandment Is Never A Christian.Nd D Death Of Christ Is Meaniless To Him.
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by Princewell2012(m): 1:22am On Feb 12, 2015
ArchEnemy:
There is no other sacrifice which is greather than the precious blood of Jesus. He has already paid the price.

1 Like

Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by Princewell2012(m): 1:25am On Feb 12, 2015
bossminded:

Oga if u want to pay ur tithe cool, if u dnt... keep ur moni.
The truth is bitter.
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by brocab: 1:43am On Feb 12, 2015
coolWell said brother
Princewell2012:
End Of Discussion. Who Collects The Tithes? A Priest (The Temple Keeper) Leviticus; Vs 1-11, No Other Tribes Is Allow To Work As A Priest, Ecept The Tribes Of Levy. He Must Be A Levite. Their Duty Is To Collects Tithes And Offering For Sacrifice, He Will Kill The Animal And Srinkle The Blood Round The Alter, This They Do Regularly. Depending On The Types Of Sins Each Hv Comited. Now U Could Imagine The Numbr Of Animals They Will Sacrifice In A Whole Year. There Are 613 Aticles Of Law Do This And Don't Do This. Among This Laws, The Law Of Tithing Was Included.Prophet Malachi Only Came To Remind Them Of It, When It Was Abandoned. God Never Joke With Any Of His Law. But When Jesus Died, The Priesthood And Its Activities Comes To An End. Now There Arose Another Priesthood, Which Is Not After D The Order Of D Old Convanant, Nd There Arose Another Law Also Which Is The Law Of The Spirit Nd Faith. So Anyone Who Is Still Practicing That Comandment Is Never A Christian.Nd D Death Of Christ Is Meaniless To Him.
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by PastorKun(m): 11:20am On Feb 12, 2015
ArchEnemy:

It is actually tithe preachers that are mis leading others by twisting God's word to demand a tenth of people's income when God never commanded such.
Re: Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue by Princewell2012(m): 7:01pm On Feb 12, 2015
PastorKun:

It is actually tithe preachers that are mis leading others by twisting God's word to demand a tenth of people's income when God never commanded such.
God bless you sir.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

[janmashtami HD Images] Krishna Janmashtami 2016 HD Images, Profile Pics, Dp / Quotes Of Dying Atheists And God Haters / For Atheists:Lady Healed From HIV/AIDS At Bushiri's Church(evidence Attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.