Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,497 members, 7,954,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:11 PM

The Sum Of All Arguments on Theism and Atheism - 2013 - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sum Of All Arguments on Theism and Atheism - 2013 (4258 Views)

Society And Atheism / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) / Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sum Of All Arguments on Theism and Atheism - 2013 by texanomaly(f): 6:45pm On May 27, 2015
all4naija:
Hi ma'am. I am Atheist as well. grin cheesy cool

I've deduced that from your past posts.
Re: The Sum Of All Arguments on Theism and Atheism - 2013 by thehomer: 3:07pm On May 29, 2015
plaetton:

Deepsight is probably marooned in an alternate universe.

Unsurprising really.
Re: The Sum Of All Arguments on Theism and Atheism - 2013 by texanomaly(f): 3:39pm On May 29, 2015
Kay17:
This thread ought to be revived.
Yes it should. I'd be interested in seeing who's thoughts, if any, have changed in any way. Deepsight where are you Hun?
Re: The Sum Of All Arguments on Theism and Atheism - 2013 by DeepSight(m): 6:05pm On May 29, 2015
Right here m'luv
Re: The Sum Of All Arguments on Theism and Atheism - 2013 by texanomaly(f): 8:14pm On May 29, 2015
DeepSight:

Right here m'luv

But I was at work when you popped in. embarassed
Re: The Sum Of All Arguments on Theism and Atheism - 2013 by DeepSight(m): 1:57pm On May 30, 2015
thehomer:

Unsurprising really.

You will arrive there yet, my friend.

texanomaly:

I'd be interested in seeing who's thoughts, if any, have changed in any way

Changed? Yes, but not so much in a different direction as deepened and widened. So much has come together recently. It all ties up. There is more truth in conventional religion and even myths and legends than the average skeptic will ever suspect, know or understand.
Re: The Sum Of All Arguments on Theism and Atheism - 2013 by plaetton: 2:28pm On May 30, 2015
DeepSight:

Changed? Yes, but not so much in a different direction as deepened and widened. So much has come together recently. It all ties up. There is more truth in conventional religion and even myths and legends than the average skeptic will ever suspect, know or understand.

But of course, there are truths in conventional religions, legends and myths, the ancient ones.

It is also true that much of those truths have been grossly misunderstood, deliberately obfuscated, and even hidden from public knowledge by social engineers vying for supremacy during in the previous eras.

To say that our contemporary religions, or religious ideas of this era contain truths is misleading, and is similar to saying that a heavily adulterated wine still retains the quality of the original.

1 Like

Re: The Sum Of All Arguments on Theism and Atheism - 2013 by texanomaly(f): 3:16pm On May 30, 2015
DeepSight:

Interesting. I'd like to hear more.
Re: The Sum Of All Arguments on Theism and Atheism - 2013 by DeepSight(m): 4:02pm On May 30, 2015
plaetton:

But of course, there are truths in conventional religions, legends and myths, the ancient ones.

It is also true that much of those truths have been grossly misunderstood, deliberately obfuscated, and even hidden from public knowledge by social engineers vying for supremacy during in the previous eras.

True

To say that our contemporary religions, or religious ideas of this era contain truths is misleading, and is similar to saying that a heavily adulterated wine still retains the quality of the original.

But they do.

And very profound ones at that.
In many cases, they have simply been deliberately 'dumbed down' into a consumable story.
Re: The Sum Of All Arguments on Theism and Atheism - 2013 by texanomaly(f): 12:16am On May 31, 2015
DeepSight:

But they do.

And very profound ones at that.
In many cases, they have simply been deliberately 'dumbed down' into a consumable story.

I agree with this. There is some truth in many religions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saturday Or Sunday / Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) / Nigerian Man Blasts Christians After Watching Blank Panther Movie In UK. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.