Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,061 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? (14014 Views)

Benin Men To Shave Their Hair In Honour Of Late OBA / History Of Families In Lagos / African Americans - More Accepted By Igbo Or Yoruba Families (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by LoveDecay(m): 6:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
Same here, am not bini though . from Auchi

Grandfather 3 wives, father 2 wives but divorced 2nd very early in the marriage.

Mum's dad was an influential Ichie from the east with friends old edo , that was bendel, so he twisted my old man arm till he let the second girl go.

But am pretty sure am getting married to an edo girl. No doubt about that ....... cool
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by another1234(m): 6:43pm On Dec 23, 2013
bini men always fin deir way into women heart.dats y dy cn even convince d wife to sti av more children proudly bini
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by another1234(m): 6:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
diz gal self sweetlemon hope u av satisfy ur curiosity.bini men ar d most humble ,caring n active men in naija#fact#
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by crisycent: 7:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
We no dey carry last o. Edo nuzomor.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by donodion(m): 7:13pm On Dec 23, 2013
Marking attendance.Big ups to my peeps from "The Heartbeat of the Nation". We dey rep wella. We love big family because we are fertile and productive.Na so God made us.Ehen...my people...wetin dey shele nau...Edos no too dey yan english...na pidgin be our way na...abi i lie? cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by jice(m): 7:27pm On Dec 23, 2013
How this matter take concern you now. Lazy girl. You nor wan born plenty so that you go dey do sisi at 60.
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by MissIndependent(f): 7:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
I'm from Benin but i dont find Benin men attractive i dunno why though most of them are handsome...i have never fallen in love with/dated one and i may end up not getting married to one. undecided
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by opeyemmmy(m): 7:53pm On Dec 23, 2013
MissIndependent: I'm from Benin but i dont find Benin men attractive i dunno why though most of them are handsome...i have never fallen in love with/dated one and i may end up not getting married to one. undecided

God don butter my bread. Nne, will you marry me
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by MissIndependent(f): 7:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
cool
opeyemmmy:

God don butter my bread. Nne, will you marry me
lipsrsealed smiley cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by Sweetlemon(f): 8:13pm On Dec 23, 2013
jice: How this matter take concern you now. Lazy girl. You nor wan born plenty so that you go dey do sisi at 60.
grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by opeyemmmy(m): 8:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
MissIndependent: cool lipsrsealed smiley cheesy

cool - this means cool, 'we' can go ahead.
lipsrsealed - silence means consent.
smiley - let's give it a try.
cheesy - we are on.
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by MissIndependent(f): 8:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
opeyemmmy:

cool - this means cool, 'we' can go ahead.
lipsrsealed - silence means consent.
smiley - let's give it a try.
cheesy - we are on.
Lool you no serious cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by opeyemmmy(m): 8:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
MissIndependent: Lool you no serious cheesy

She turned me down. angry
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by another1234(m): 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
k
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by emmabowin(m): 11:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
Do bini men love large families? Maybe or maybe not,its actually a matter of choice as it is elsewhere
Do bini people get married to themselves? Yes they do. The binis generally prefer to get married to themselves than outsiders.
Why have u not seen couples that are less than 45years and are both of bini origin ? Because you are not living in benin or probably not inquisitive enough.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by chronique(m): 12:59am On Dec 24, 2013
How many of them have asked you out? How many of them live around you/relate with you often? Perharps,some of the ones you saw were already hooked? And when you say benin,are you referring to the bini tribe alone or Edo as a whole? If you've not dated an Edo boy,you're on a long thing. wink
MissIndependent: I'm from Benin but i dont find Benin men attractive i dunno why though most of them are handsome...i have never fallen in love with/dated one and i may end up not getting married to one. undecided
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by osigiepurr(m): 1:33am On Dec 24, 2013
Sweetlemon:

No need to sound so defensive. This thread is not to mock you guys but to just satisfy my curiosity. I have three Benin couples as neighbors, one has 7 kids (married for 9 years) , the other one has 5 (married for 7 years), the last and newest couple of not up to 4 years in marriage have 3 kids. Only one of the couples are financially ok.

In my sister's case, the man does not look like he's ok with 4 kids o (and she wanted only two at the beginning) ! She is sha lucky that her hubby is spacing the kids and they are comfortable enough to 15 kids.

Hey, what's ur business counting and monitoring d number of kids innocent couples are having in their matrimonial homes?......it truly shows ur jobless and insensitive towards the affairs of other people. Besides, u are still yet to marry, pple like u may end up not getting a husband or even having kids of ur own...Oba gha tokpere!
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by MissIndependent(f): 1:38am On Dec 24, 2013
chronique: How many of them have asked you out? How many of them live around you/relate with you often? Perharps,some of the ones you saw were already hooked? And when you say benin,are you referring to the bini tribe alone or Edo as a whole? If you've not dated an Edo boy,you're on a long thing. wink
Edo as a whole. Even the few ones that asked me out i never gave them a chance and i didn't grow up in Benin smiley
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by daroz(m): 5:19am On Dec 24, 2013
@op, if you think Bini men luv large family, what will you say about a typical urhobo man or an Hausa man?
O girl, go and do ur research well before you come here to start committing the fallacy of hasten generisation.
And some dull brain are even hailing u sad
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by daroz(m): 5:25am On Dec 24, 2013
MissIndependent: Edo as a whole. Even the few ones that asked me out i never gave them a chance and i didn't grow up in Benin smiley
Then you are missing.
Go ask Mercy Johnson, INI Edo and d rest of then.
My wife is a Bini girl. But Until she meet me, she never for once dated any bini guy, non considered marrying one. But when she met me and gave me a chance to her heart, her testimony changed. Haleluya sonebody grin grin grin

And least I forget, happy birthday to you my dear wife.
How do I begin to tell you how lucky I am to have you in my life?
I will start by saying what a gift you gave me the day you became my wife.
I Luv you so much, my darling

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by oseiwe(m): 5:51am On Dec 24, 2013
nacosprof: I so seconded to this thread,..it's true,.my grand-father an example "ABURIME" has 23wives they successfull in all their endeavour in life,..amongs the children are stephen ikechukwu keshi's amiable wife,..Eagle-line transport company an my exclusive gorgeous mum,.so so many to list,. Another largest family in benin is "OSULA" family, "OBASEKI family.. Iselooooogbe to uuuuuu all a.k.a happy season
Is it d ABURIME of New Benin? Its like u neva hear of EDOKPOLOR for that side too. Aburime get one street, Edokpolor get three quarters.
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by efedavies: 6:58am On Dec 24, 2013
what she wrote has some element of truth in it,i am from edo state married to a pretty lady from imo state.i have never in my life dated a lady from edo state and for the large family that is very true my late dad has 7 of us and we are all dong well.
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by chronique(m): 7:38am On Dec 24, 2013
That's cruel now. How come you didn't give any a chance? Well,I actually prefer Edo girls that didn't grow up in Edo state sha. It reduces the level of the craziness. Less breaking of bottle and less wahala... wink wondering if I could send you a pm.
MissIndependent: Edo as a whole. Even the few ones that asked me out i never gave them a chance and i didn't grow up in Benin smiley
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by Revolva(m): 7:45am On Dec 24, 2013
angry WELL I SEE THE REASON WHY THEIR DAUGHTERS GO FOR INTERNATIONAL RUNS.....WHEN A MAN HAS TOO ANY CHILDREN TO TAKE CARE OF...WHICH OE HIM WAN FOCUS?
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by tpia5: 8:49am On Dec 24, 2013
I am surprised bini people are refusing to take up this open challenge.

Had it been some other tribe who started this thread, it would have been war by now.

Hmm, na so una fear calabar reach, ok then.

The ' binibot' which alerts some people everytime bini is mentioned on nl, seems to be non functioning?

I see none of the warriors yet.

So na for only non calabar folks una dey get power.
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by Sweetlemon(f): 8:50am On Dec 24, 2013
daroz: @op, if you think Bini men luv large family, what will you say about a typical urhobo man or an Hausa man?
O girl, go and do ur research well before you come here to start committing the fallacy of hasten generisation.
And some dull brain are even hailing u sad

osigiepurr:

Hey, what's ur business counting and monitoring d number of kids innocent couples are having in their matrimonial homes?......it truly shows ur jobless and insensitive towards the affairs of other people. Besides, u are still yet to marry, pple like u may end up not getting a husband or even having kids of ur own...Oba gha tokpere!

You guys really need to take a chill pill really. If I were making fun of Edo people then that's a different thing. I'm only doing a research on what I have noticed!

Your fellow Binis here are taking it cool and even providing historical reasons for it. But you guys prefer to fight non-existing battles.

Or maybe you just don't comprehend what I'm trying to say here. When I say large families I don't mean polygamy ooooooo! I mean the need to have up to 6-10 kids from just one wife. If it's polygamy then I would have mentioned the Urhobos as the perfect case study!

Seun should consider adding some kind of app which can enable people understand posts in their native language since English is so difficult these days.... undecided
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by Sweetlemon(f): 8:58am On Dec 24, 2013
daroz:
Then you are missing.
Go ask Mercy Johnson, INI Edo and d rest of then.
My wife is a Bini girl. But Until she meet me, she never for once dated any bini guy, non considered marrying one. But when she met me and gave me a chance to her heart, her testimony changed. Haleluya sonebody grin grin grin

And least I forget, happy birthday to you my dear wife.
How do I begin to tell you how lucky I am to have you in my life?
I will start by saying what a gift you gave me the day you became my wife.
I Luv you so much, my darling

Lovely wife.

If you are both from Edo state, then you will be the first new generation couple I have heard of that are both Edo!
The Mercy Johnson, Ini Edo, Stephanie and the rest of them you are referring to are they from Edo state?

I'm not even saying it's bad that you don't marry yourselves, In fact I think it shows how liberal and untribalistic you guys are which is a good thing for this country.
Please next time when you read posts try to properly understand what the writer is trying to convey before jumping to conclusions and drawing non-existent battle lines ok?
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by LoveDecay(m): 9:17am On Dec 24, 2013
Revolva: angry WELL I SEE THE REASON WHY THEIR DAUGHTERS GO FOR INTERNATIONAL RUNS.....WHEN A MAN HAS TOO ANY CHILDREN TO TAKE CARE OF...WHICH OE HIM WAN FOCUS?

Respect yourself, have you heard any off them complaining. Do you think those girls are forced to go to Italy ?

You hustle with what you have not what you don't have ....

OP, marry an edo man if you can , enjoy your freedom ...cos that's how we roll..... We don't cuff our chicks cool
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by emmabowin(m): 9:24am On Dec 24, 2013
tpia@:
I am surprised bini people are refusing to take up this open challenge.

Had it been some other tribe who started this thread, it would have been war by now.

Hmm, na so una fear calabar reach, ok then.

The ' binibot' which alerts some people everytime bini is mentioned on nl, seems to be non functioning?

I see none of the warriors yet.

So na for only non calabar folks una dey get power.

NO NO NO. The binis are not afraid of anybody. They are peace loving and hospitable people. Unlike many other tribes,the binis think with their heads and not their nose.They know when to act and when not to. Am afraid,if you are looking to incite the binis against the calabars,then its a failed mission.Again,if you are looking for tribal war,you know the tribes to incite or the threads to visit, certainly,not the binis and not for this trivial issue.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by Sweetlemon(f): 9:30am On Dec 24, 2013
emma bowin:

NO NO NO. The binis are not afraid of anybody. They are peace loving and hospitable people. Unlike many other tribes,the binis think with their heads and not their nose.They know when to act and when not to. Am afraid,if you are looking to incite the binis against the calabars,then its a failed mission.Again,if you are looking for tribal war,you know the tribes to incite or the threads to visit, certainly,not the binis and not for this trivial issue.

That moment when you desperately wish there was a hug button on NL...... I would have given you a thousand hugs mehn!

high five!

I'm sooooooooooo impressed! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Your Benin swag is just oozing from your post and it's somewhat sexy wink
I seriously doubt that the two guys claiming to be Bini here picking quarrel with me are from Benin because the Binis I know are not like that AT ALL
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by emmabowin(m): 9:50am On Dec 24, 2013
Sweetlemon:

That moment when you desperately wish there was a hug button on NL...... I would have given you a thousand hugs mehn!

high five!

I'm sooooooooooo impressed! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Your Benin swag is just oozing from your post and it's somewhat sexy wink
I seriously doubt that the two guys claiming to Bini here picking quarrel with me are from Benin because the Binis I know are not like that AT ALL

Well thanks dear. warmest regards
Re: Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families? by rooney2525: 10:34am On Dec 24, 2013
chronique: Sweetlemon,sweetest lemonade. Your sister has done well by marrying one of us. Why not follow suit? Marry me and I promise we won't have too many children. Me,I will pity you. smiley tongue. I really can't say cos I'm not bini per say;I'm esan. But I know from way back,it has always been a thing of pride for our men to father many children(since polygamy was almost like a culture to us). It used to be pretty rare to see an indigene who was born and bred in that state,who didn't have more than one wife. Guess the love for kids and a large family plays a major role in that. Most Edo men believe in their names living long after them. Hence,the large army of kids. You can imagine a family like the popular bello-osagie where most of them are doing well. Today,even those who do not belong to that family,but answer Osagie,have some kinda reputation cos most people tend to think they're from that family. All through my time in school,I was always faced with the challenge of telling people I do not belong to a certain Ighodalo family who happens to be a popular chartered accountant from my state. I'm from a large family also and my dad has as much as 15 kids(amongst which are 4 medical doctors/surgeons,1 accountant,1 lawyer,1 pharmacist,2 economists,2 engineers,2 business mgt graduates,etc) You do the maths and imagine how many grandchildren he would have. Eventually,when all his kids succeed and become popular,he would eventually become one of those popular names from the state.

I just think we like to create dynasties. wink
which part of Esan are you from? Cos dis is d first timeam seeing an Esan babe on nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emir Of Kontagora Is Dead: Alhaji Saidu Umaru Namaska Dies At 84 / Adedotun Gbadebo, Abdulkabir Obalanlege Exchange Words Over Ogun Land / Nigerians Mark International Mother Language Day 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.