Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State (3849 Views)

Idoma People Welcome David Mark Today In Otukpo, Benue State(pics / David Mark Campaign Rice, Salt Flood Otukpo, To Construct Four Roads Before Xmas / Fight Between Legislators Is Not Only Happening In Nigeria (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by israel007: 6:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
Just got a call from my mum that fight just started and the otukpo central mosque was burnt down.

1 Like

Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by MANGAM(m): 6:39pm On Dec 22, 2013
I just hope this is not true
israel007: Just got a call from my mum that fight just started and the otukpo central mosque was burnt down.
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by israel007: 6:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
It's true man. Just called a few persons there and they confirmed it to be true
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
Na wa o. God take control oooo.
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by israel007: 7:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
Army has been deployed too otukpo. Yet to arrive
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by Osisie(m): 7:31pm On Dec 22, 2013
Once again my heart bleeds for my dear country. Where will al this fighting lead us? Pls any updates?
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
@Israel007, what's the conflict about?
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by POPEII: 7:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
God will know and protect his children
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by petroski: 7:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
just confirmed. As a result of goat sales infront of de mosque.
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by OgidiBoy(m): 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
This is just going to create very bad traffic jam for my Igbo brothers and sisters going home for Christmas from jos.
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by israel007: 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
Curfew has been announced. 6pm to 7am

4real247: @Israel007, what's the conflict about?

Really not sure but heard its about the sales and misunderstanding on a goat between a Christian and a muslim guy. Not sure how it started
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by OgidiBoy(m): 8:01pm On Dec 22, 2013
The police and army will soon erect checkpoints every 50 feet and get rich of my Igbo brothers going home.

2 Likes

Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by c0llynz02: 8:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
OgidiBoy: The police and army will soon erect checkpoints every 50 feet and get rich of my Igbo brothers going home.
Why are you trying so hard to turn this into an Igbo issue?
It has absolutely nothing to do with Igbos.

11 Likes

Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by dustydee: 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
There was this rumour (baseless in my opinion) on facebook about people (Alleged to be Boko Haram members) being imported into benue state from Niger republic. This may not be unconnected with the rumour which urged people to take care and also mentioned that some of them were being accommodated in the mosque. I think people that spread hate need to be dealt with. When will we Africans grow up?
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by OgidiBoy(m): 8:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
c0llynz02: Why are you trying so hard to turn this into an Igbo issue?

Not trying to create anything, you probably don't know,this week is the busiest on that road with thousands of igbos going home.
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by LordMecuzy(m): 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
Hmmmmm . DAVID MARK where r u?
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by israel007: 9:04pm On Dec 22, 2013
David Mark, according to what I heard, is home and he's on top of the situation
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by POPEII: 9:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
How many christians have been slaughtered so far ?
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by OmniSparrow: 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sad. People should be more tolerant. And d Jews should stop selling goats in front of mosques.
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by IdomaLikita: 9:38pm On Dec 22, 2013
Was in Otukpo last week! The tension was palpable! Fulani incursions into Agatu hasn't gone down well with most Idomas and Otukpo is home to a large muslim population, This was sure to Happen!
R.I.P to the Dead!
Though I fear its not the End, Fulani Bloodlust is putting other muslims in danger all over the country as Indigenous Communities become Islamophobic!

1 Like

Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by Benzino100(f): 10:58pm On Dec 22, 2013
Made a couple of calls just now....it's true.
Heard it started as traders from Otukpo main market tried to stop Abokis from sampling their wares on de road, blocking traffic n stopping buyers from entering the market,
about 3 houses n de mosque were torched......... Plus 2 Abokis killed. Curfew is in place now, Soldiers deployed.
God help us!
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by Brimmie(m): 1:35am On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by Nobody: 5:41am On Dec 23, 2013
Idoma Likita: Was in Otukpo last week! The tension was palpable! Fulani incursions into Agatu hasn't gone down well with most Idomas and Otukpo is home to a large muslim population, This was sure to Happen!
R.I.P to the Dead!
Though I fear its not the End, Fulani Bloodlust is putting other muslims in danger all over the country as Indigenous Communities become Islamophobic!
In whos interest is this fight now? the abokis are selling goats for xmass, because dis is not sallah season! many Otukpo(Idomas) people are muslims! So who is fighting who and for what purpose?
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by IdomaLikita: 6:15am On Dec 23, 2013
wazoboy: In whos interest is this fight now? the abokis are selling goats for xmass, because dis is not sallah season! many Otukpo(Idomas) people are muslims! So who is fighting who and for what purpose?

Whose interest does it serve when hausas in Kano tell themselves "Its been a While Oh, Let's Shed some Arne Blood for Sport"!
Agreed, Many Idomas in Otukpo are Muslims ,However the Idoma Race Considers itself primarily a Christian/Animist Tribe! Why hasn't Abubakar Audu been able to win despite his Popularity?
My Bet is that this Crisis Like all others is to Show Settlers who owns the Land by Putting them in their Place!

1 Like

Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by ignis: 7:40am On Dec 23, 2013
israel007: David Mark, according to what I heard, is home and he's on top of the situation
How does that make any difference?
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by ignis: 7:41am On Dec 23, 2013
POPE II: How many christians have been slaughtered so far ?
Is that your only concern?
SMH for you...
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by fr3do(m): 7:59am On Dec 23, 2013
c0llynz02: Why are you trying so hard to turn this into an Igbo issue?

Are u a learner

How come unsuspecting Igbo are the largest casualties of so called religious crisis?
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by OgologoDimkpa: 9:46am On Dec 23, 2013
Before now, Christains and Moslems have been living in Peace in Otukpo Benue State.
What went wrong?

Front page please
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by israel007: 10:45am On Dec 23, 2013
Curfew is helping. The situation is calm to an extent.
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by POPEII: 11:29am On Dec 23, 2013
ignis:
Is that your only concern?
SMH for you...
and what should b my other concern?
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by ignis: 11:46am On Dec 23, 2013
POPE II: and what should b my other concern?
Am sorry, I was expecting more from you...
Never knew u are not upto the level I placed you.
Re: Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State by POPEII: 11:49am On Dec 23, 2013
ignis:
Am sorry, I was expecting more from you...
Never knew u are not upto the level I placed you.

Please elaborate, I'm worried about how many of my Christian brethren have been killed so far and you are throwing tantrums against me ?

Wow

(1) (2) (Reply)

El-zakzaky Rejects Jonathan’s ‘sorry’ / Tinubu Lobbies For Buhari / I Saw This On Atiku's Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.