Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Sienna Engine Went Off While Driving. So Scary! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sienna Engine Went Off While Driving. So Scary! (1193 Views)

How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) / Trailer Loses Tyre While Driving On Lagos Road This Morning / When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sienna Engine Went Off While Driving. So Scary! by kunle75(m): 6:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
Engine Went Off On Motion! So Scary

Hello Gurus,

Hello my dear gurus in the house,pls your absolute contribution and advice would be highly appreciated.

i went out from ikorodu to lekki-ikeja-ikorodu yesterday,but the suprising thing is that i was almost approaching majidun bridge when my sienna 2000 model that am managing just went cold in the middle of the road,i manage to pull over to the roadside,to cut the story short i discovered that my battery was dead but luckily i got my friends car battery to start the car but what suprise me was that the same battery still powered the car dis morning when replaced back into my car and peoples opinion were varies on what the cause migth be (i.e) alternator/kick/battery all sort and now am so confused.

and just this morning the check engine and tire pressure gauge just appeared on the datch board.

please i need your candid opinion and most especially for those that stays around ikorodu,i would like to know if can get a reliable and knowledgeable auto mech engineer,i need one urgently.

awaits your highly referred advice.

BR
Re: Sienna Engine Went Off While Driving. So Scary! by Taiwo20(m): 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2013
Maybe ko se slow ni. Also check the ignition, to know if its shaking.
Visit your mechanic
Re: Sienna Engine Went Off While Driving. So Scary! by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 22, 2013
You said check engine light has come on. You've been presented the path to the solution.
Re: Sienna Engine Went Off While Driving. So Scary! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
i have a sienna 2000 too so i am wondering...

on the battery? is ur battery indicator flashing on the dasboard?
Re: Sienna Engine Went Off While Driving. So Scary! by ikeyman00(m): 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2013
@@@

maybe one of the earth connection on the body or the engine has gone lose!

in a situation like that ur battery might not be charging while giving out current at the same time

so check check wella

as for the alternator i guess a simple test could be starting ur car then afterwards take off the connection on positive terminal of the battery to see if the car stalls then it is the culprit

(1) (Reply)

Does Cleaning Injector Improve Fuel Economy? / 2017 Lexus CT 200h Gets Spiced Up With TRD Kit (photos) / Buying Car From Copart Or Auction Export

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.