Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,192 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m (5631 Views)

Photos Of Specially Made Armored Patrol Vehicles Proudly Crafted In Nigeria / Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG / Converting Right Hand Drive Vehicles To Left: Any Issues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Freiburger(m): 1:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
Okija_juju: 1.5 million Naira Car.. grin

Lemme guess the spec;

1. No Power mirrors
2. No power lock
3. No automated seats
4. No Cruise Control
5. No CD player (just FM radio)
6. No leather nor Fabric seats, just Nylon seats.
7. No Power windows
8. only comes in V4 engines
9. No sunroof
10. Push-to-Start ignition (Pun intended).. grin
11. No Air-bags.. grin

iKid, iKid... grin
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
Cute1bliss: undecided. Is it the cost of a car that determines its durability? undecided

Good things cost more. Why would you buy a Nokia instead of an itel mobile phone?
How much is a brand new toyota camry? About #9million Naira. Give that same camry 9-10 yrs its price goes down to about #1.2 - #1.5million for a tokumbo but that said, it still held its value well and its still in good condition.
Now switch over to BYD or CHERRY or GREAT WALL made by Chinese #1.5 - #2.5million brand new, 2years later no one will be willing to buy such a death trap contraption for even #300,000

Why is that so? Simple answer quality.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Freiburger(m): 1:13pm On Dec 23, 2013

Lemme guess the spec;

1. No Power mirrors
2. No power lock
3. No automated seats
4. No Cruise Control
7. No Power windows
9. No sunroof
11. No Air-bags.. grin

iKid, iKid... grin
Dont mind the bunch of 1doits.
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by ebamma(m): 1:14pm On Dec 23, 2013

Lemme guess the spec;

1. No Power mirrors
2. No power lock
3. No automated seats
4. No Cruise Control
7. No Power windows
9. No sunroof
11. No Air-bags.. grin

iKid, iKid... grin
Total=No guaranty
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
haha, Lwkmd4dis nairaland, c as everybdy jst dey coment negetively abt our own countries capability. ...nawa
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by farem: 1:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
This is great news! More especiallx for Nigeria my country.
HOWEVER:
Beautiful as it may sound, i am applying some shocks absorbers not to be utterly disappointed. THEREFORE:
though waiting earnestly for its success, I will take it like one of the NEPA, Housing, Education, Road network promises that have remain a long thing all this while.
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by atikubaba(m): 1:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
is TECHNO into car manufacturing now?
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
jude33084:

Nigerian problem! meanwhile you can't even afford a tricycle undecided
Hahaha I laugh at your silly conclusion. I'm entitled to my opinion. What I eat don't make you shyte so stop your poverty induced conclusion.
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by sonnel: 1:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
Let's see made in nigeria toothpick first b4 our government can convince us.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by lambertjonah: 1:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
Okija Juju:
1.5 million Naira Car.. grin

Lemme guess the spec;

1. No Power mirrors
2. No power lock
3. No automated seats
4. No Cruise Control
7. No Power windows
9. No sunroof
11. No Air-bags.. grin

No Engine (Awaiting approval from House committee on car engine)
No Tyres (Importation of tyres has been ban)
grin grin grin grin
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Boss009: 1:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
making a car that will take lives , because i know that the breaks wouldn't be working fine....Bad Ideal

1 Like

Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Freiburger(m): 1:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
sonnel: Let's see made in nigeria toothpick first b4 our government can convince us.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by yaggz(f): 1:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
We don't have to become pessimistic about this whole idea! Let's hope and pray it all works out,at least it will help many who would never have dreamt of ever owning an automobile. Remember NITEL,NEPA,now the Refineries! Except the 'capitalist car dealers' don't want competitors! For now,let the show begin!
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by agabaI23(m): 3:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
ebamma: that awkward moment when a tokunbo vehicle sold for 800k lasts longer and is more efficient than a brand new vehicle sold for 1.5 mil #that's what we are about to experience
Why are most Nigerians so negative that they expect the worst from every situation?
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by solomon111(m): 5:51pm On Dec 23, 2013
Let me see the idiott that will ask why Nigeria is not industrialized and jobs are scarce.
Even the so-called less-durable chinese cars are used by billions of chinese who know what it means to support indigenous growth.
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by solomon111(m): 5:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
Soreza: Even though its 5 naira,i wouldnt buy,i would gladly choose a bicycle,made in nigeria is always made in nigeria,pls my brothers and sisters dont jeopardize ur life trying to be patriotic,when we get to that stage we will know,for now Niyet
Yes,how will Nigeria start producing 'world class' vehicles when the citizens won't even support them for a start.
You think BMW just began to make world class vehicles the first day they started?
Keep waiting for foreign vehicles thereby exporting labour, and then complain about unemployment.
Don't help yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by solomon111(m): 6:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
agabaI23: Why are most Nigerians so negative that they expect the worst from every situation?
Let them keep expecting the worst.
Afterall,we will all suffer the consequences of our actions or decisions.
Let them continue enrich other countries at their own expense.
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
I'd rather buy a 2007 Audi, BMW or Mercedes-Benz, than a brand new made-in-Nigeria automobile.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Lildreezy(m): 11:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
[/b][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] funny enough its this same nigerians that will stand at the back of a queue @ d various sales shop of these vehicles, after all this their rantings. Once they hear Papa friday bought one, then their statement will be like, let me give it a try.. Smh. Throwing stones in market places..mtcheww[b][color=#000099]
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Okijajuju1(m): 7:42am On Dec 24, 2013
This is 2013

Anybody who has seen what goes into vehicle manufacturing understands that 1.5million Naira for a brand new vehicle is pushing it too close.

I am all for encouraging local production, but when it comes to how or what I spend my money on, it is my choice. Innosson Motors have been manufacturing/assembling vehicles in Nigeria for a while now, lets take a census and find out how many of these Senators or government people shouting local production own one.. angry

Someone said 'do you think BMW started making World class cars the day they started', well NO they didn't, however when they started, they were at the pinnacle of auto manufacturing as it was at that time. Why would I take my hard earned and saved 1.5milion Naira in this country where minimum wage is 20'k and go buy a brand new 'Made in Nigeria' vehicle that has a safety rating of a BMX bicycle, with little luxury features and the durability of an Aba made 'leather shoe', that depreciates faster than the speed of sound and would eventually just be another pile of metal.

Why do you think nations like the U.S and other European nations don't allow certain Asian cars into their countries?

And to those saying keep taking our money to foreign countries, I dey laff.. grin hey, why stop at cars, why not airplanes as well.. Yeah, made in Nigeria planes. We already build drones and assemble trainer helicopters, making a plane should be easy too..

We have billions of cubic feet of gas underground, we have millions of barrels of oil underground, we have atleast 4 refineries in this country, we have atleast 5 gas turbine generators in this country, yet we flares the gas instead of using it to produce electricity, we export the crude and have dem send us petrol in return and yet we are busy trying to ban cars.. Which countries fuel would those cars be using? grin

So before someone jumps me, all I am saying is that the government leave the market open. If Innosson and other Nigeria Auto manufacturers make good vehicles, people will buy them instead of foreign vehicles, ask the Nigeria electric cable and copper manufacturers.

All of you here typing shi!t here are prolly doing so from HP, Dell and other foreign laptops, desktops and handheld devices.. Why are you not patronizing Omatek, Zinox and the countless other local makers of these same devices?

Hypocrisy is a killer disease..

If you so love local production, then if there is anything that is manufactured locally, you have no business owning or using the foreign made alternatives like; Cars, Computers, clothes, food, jewelry's, shoes, furniture, e.t.c...

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by olumide4christ: 3:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
@okija

Well said!! Lets hear the made-in-nigeria advocates counter what you have said. Because for them to genuinely counter what you have said, they would only consume or use Nigerian made things. Even the rice we all including GEJ, Aganga et al eat everyday is imported, lets mention other items that are imported:
The TV sets we watch (I'm yet to see anyone made in nigeria)
The radio we listen to
The GSM phones we use
DSTV through which we watch our favorite programmes
The petrol, diesel, kerosine we use
MTN, ETISALAT, AIRTEL, SWIFT NETWORKS etc are all imported along with the equipment they use for transmitting signals for our GSM phones
Generators that we use in the absence of PHCN

The list is endless!! If the government would take action in making most of the abovementioned items (which are far easier to manufacture locally than cars) Nigerian made, our nation would be much better off for it.
We are praying that God will direct the leaders to rightly put the horse before the cart.
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Octaves(m): 8:58am On Jul 07, 2018
they will start producing things that look like picanto with no horsepower.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians Running Away From 607..please Tell Me Because I Want To Get On / Any Lexus Is250 Owners Here? / The Transparent Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.