Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,879 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

34 Year Old Nigerian Man Who Can't Drive: Normal? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 34 Year Old Nigerian Man Who Can't Drive: Normal? (4580 Views)

Just Got A Car But Can't Drive It Because Of This....what Do I Do?? / The Man Who Has The Largest Car Collection In The World! / How Do I Get A Driver's License..especially Since I Can't Drive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 34 Year Old Nigerian Man Who Can't Drive: Normal? by hayprof(m): 11:01pm On Sep 10, 2006
Whats the Point?
In Naija U dont av a car why learn to drive,
All u need to know is how to run after Molue cheesy Simple wink
Re: 34 Year Old Nigerian Man Who Can't Drive: Normal? by vanariso(m): 6:12pm On Sep 27, 2006
YOUR WORDS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>especially in Nigeria where driving rules are not too rigid, also she claims that it's a form of psychological way of assessing how adventurous and strong will powered an individual is?>>>>>>>>>

From ur words ,u re quite correct but not totally.I think u should use other parameters to jugde how adventurous he is.I am 29 yrs and started aactually driving 3yrs ago.Although i could tell u how to drive 10 yrs ago.i.e I know all there is to know theoretically 10 yrs ago.

The Nigerian economy is d main reason why many Nigerians cant drive.Its even better now with the advent of tokunbo cars=more opportunities to drive.I am one of the few lucky ones.I had to wait to buy my own car b4 i could drive.

Am sure the guy is courageous enough and like most nigerians knows he could drive well within 3days of learning.

Just get him a car and he will suprise u .I bet he will take u to diner and home safely regardless of the chaotic lagos traffick within 3 days of handling the steering.

You and I know drivinfg a car is no task.

When a 10yr old road-side mechanic can ride a bike and a 15 yr old road-side mechanic or conductor can take u from Ikeja over the longest bridge across a river in africa(10 km----3rd mainland bridge) to Obalende/race-course safely.

Abeg if u luv the guy ,give am try and if not stop wasting ur time and his using un-necessary pretext.CHIKENA
Re: 34 Year Old Nigerian Man Who Can't Drive: Normal? by Loads: 11:11pm On Feb 08, 2007
Abeg driving has nothing to do with adventure. My dad was not rich enough to own a car when I was growing up so I never touch a steering. I left naija when I was 17yrs old came to London where the driving rules are tough that if you break it you could end up in jail. As a broke student I could not learn to drive because it cost about £21 an hour for a driving lesson and an average novice will do upto 30 lessons to pass his test. At the age of 21 with a few pounds in my pocket I did 5 lessons, bought a car, drove it without license, crashed it  two days after (lack of experience), police everywhere and I found myself in court begging not to be jailed. I did not touch a car until I was 27yrs old did enoug lesson and finally passed my test.
I am a businessman I risk thousand of pounds and I even sell cars sometimes, WOULD YOU SAY I AM NOT ADVENTUROUS.

There are lots of men in naija that simple have never had the opportunity to learn or own a car. Would you let someone drive your car for practice in naija.

I hope your friend is not a spoilt snub.
Re: 34 Year Old Nigerian Man Who Can't Drive: Normal? by agnesoseka: 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2007
depnds on why d person doesnt wnt to drive i ttttink. smiley grin
Re: 34 Year Old Nigerian Man Who Can't Drive: Normal? by giorgie(m): 7:22pm On Jun 05, 2007
@naijacutee

oh, baby, i happy when i check out ur picture, and i see say u get bread for front oooooo!! my sister, u sure say no be agege bread be that so, grin grin.
i beg i wan chop oooooooo
Re: 34 Year Old Nigerian Man Who Can't Drive: Normal? by mrofficial(m): 3:28pm On Jun 06, 2007
if you don't have a car, there is no need for you to learn.

after learning how to drive
can you go to the embassy for visa?
can you get a work through it?
can you get rich through it?

abi make fuel finish you up
Re: 34 Year Old Nigerian Man Who Can't Drive: Normal? by spoilt(f): 11:39pm On Mar 20, 2008
many naija guys have never owned a bicycle and not many people let you drive their cars. Its not too far fetched. Many learn to drive with their own cars. unless they were lucky to learn with their fathers' car. (that's if he had one!) grin
Re: 34 Year Old Nigerian Man Who Can't Drive: Normal? by presido1: 11:13am On Mar 21, 2008
@Poster,
You feel too concerned about your friend and his legedis 9ja boy friend.
Are you sure you are not the same person(poster and poster friend) grin grin

Anyway to tell you the truth, if you wan learn how to drive with your friend car
you must keep money to buy clutch pad should in case you burn his, money for
any other damage that might arise from your leasons. Am talking from experience.

Ok is she(you) visiting 9ja to see the guy or for another thing but will see the guy as well?
If the former is the case let her hire a driver when hiring the car or she(you) can drive left hand as
an adventurous gyl. Abi i lie? After all some of us came to uk and started driving right hand without anybody
instructing us on how to change gear with left hand we we no be lefti
Noffin way no fit comot from all these Uk wannabee 9ja gyls.
One day saying "innit" will be a prerequisite for marriage.
Re: 34 Year Old Nigerian Man Who Can't Drive: Normal? by gidig(m): 2:09pm On Mar 21, 2008
I will be more concerned if a 34 year old does not have the basic IT skills to survive in any decent job in Naija. Driving is not that special. You can learn to drive when you want to. I have a friend who will only be driving in a few weeks when his car is delivered. Friends had tried to embarass him into driving before then but he does not see the urgency in it. He has multiple work place/enterpreneur skills that he considers more urgent than driving.

You can pick up practical driving skills in a day or two. why are we making it look like its something special.
Re: 34 Year Old Nigerian Man Who Can't Drive: Normal? by kenflipper(m): 2:53pm On Mar 21, 2008
http://67.192.128.18/builder/demobuilder.htm

Amazing web building tool and web hosting packages, no more credit card barrier, payment in naira available. for further details visit

www.Kennwebdesigner.com

Create your web design business with us, and design a website within 10mins with our great tools.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos To Abuja To Benue To Kogi Back To Abuja........ Loading........ / Is Mileage Of 156,000 Miles Too High For A 1999 (ie 14-Year-Old) Car? / What Is Wrong With BMW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.