Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja (24100 Views)

Download Last Flight To Abuja To Your Phone / 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas / Last Flight To Abuja (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by Bboy1015(m): 6:38am On Dec 23, 2013
The movie opened with radio voice-over of the "Good Morning Nigeria Show" with "Manny and the Angels" on Cool FM, Lagos. In 2006, the Good Morning Nigeria Show was hosted by Dan Foster and not Manny and the Angels.

Continuity Error:-
As the movie starts a large building is shown and "CNS Headquarters" is written on the screen. When they show the board meeting taking place in the building, Chief Nike (Jide Kosoko) refers to their office as "TNS"

Other:-
The Flamingo name and logo on the plane is obviously printed on paper and then pasted on the fuselage/body of the plane. How much would re-spraying that part of the plane have cost?

submitted by @IamNotJuke (twitter)
Continuity Error:- The first time the Captain George (Anthony Monjaro) spoke to the passengers, he wasnt smiling. He says "the weather, a cool 31 degrees celsius...thank you for choosing Flamingo *Airways, enjoy your flight". The second time, while supposedly repeating the SAME SPEECH, he says "The weather in Abuja, a cool 31 degrees celsius...thank you for choosing Flamingo *Airlines, enjoy yourself."
Continuity Error:- Captain George (Anthony Monjaro) radioed the control tower and asked for permission to take off from runway 2 but the plane is shown to have taken off from runway 15.

Continuity Error:- In the first run, Mr Adesola (Hakeem Kae-Kazim) stood up and interrupted the conversation between Suzie (Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde) and David (Jim Iyke) before heading to the toilet. When there's a replay of the SAME SCENE, he goes straight to the toilet without interrupting their conversation.

Factual Error:- Mrs Angela Efe (Chidera Orji) is seen using an iPad as her husband returns home having missed his flight. The first iPad wasn’t released until 2010 which was four years after the movie was supposedly set.
After the Captain George (Anthony Monjaro) insists to the control tower about an emergency landing, the cabin shows and all of a sudden, there’s no smoke.

Factual Error:-
Considering how the plane crashed and all the fire, should that many people have survived? The survivors all look in very good shape with just a little dirt.

Obvious sponsorship advertisements over-emphasizing the sponsors' brands. E.g. Cool FM, Diamond Bank, Nigeria Info, Zinox Computers, Wazobia FM.

The crying girl, Anietie (Abigail Oyinkansola) who refuses to let her dad travel cries in the car, walks away from the car grinning and is seen crying again the second her father stops.

Kevin Efe (Uche Odoputa) practically hands his phone to the thief who supposedly snatches the phone from him while he used it.

Factual Error:- The magazine on which Jimi (Sam Ajibola) signs his autograph for Mukhtar, "Whats Inside Lagos", wasn’t available until 2010.

The Elderly Man (Olumide Bakare) was travelling for a surgery for diabetes. Problem is, diabetes treatment does not require surgery.

Dr. Gina (Rachel Ekiama) checks Charles' temperature with stethoscope. A stethoscope is an acoustic medical device used for listening to internal sounds. A thermometer should have been used to check his temperature. Dr Gina also uses a Blackberry Torch 3 which wasn’t available until 2011.
submitted by @HandleOfTheYear (twitter)

A car battery is seen being loaded onto the plane. A car battery is a corrosive and is therefore internationally prohibited from being loaded on an airplane.

On their way from the airport Mrs Ime Ibong looks at a police convoy and says "Is that not the governor?" to which her husband replies "that looks like my chairman, Chief Nike". The SUVs they both looked at were tinted. How did they see through the tinted glasses?

As Soibifa (Omalicha Iyasara) struggles with Mr Adesola (Hakeem Kae-Kazim) in the hotel room, she falls on her right hand which is shown to be placed between her head and the broken glass, implying her head had no direct contact with the broken glass table which supposedly killed her.

After all the passengers leave the plane, David (Jim Iyke) tries to help Mr Adesola (Hakeem Kae-Kazim) out, abandons him and runs out as the plane explodes. Now the explosion is shown to have started before David got to the rear exit. An explosion of that magnitude should be enough to kill him. Even if it doesn’t, he should have serious burns and injuries. Right?

Download Link For those who haven't watched it or wish to rewatch => LAST FLIGHT TO ABUJA
SOURCE :- http://nollymovies.tk

18 Likes

Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by Amastermovic(m): 6:55am On Dec 23, 2013
mtcheew i dont knw y naija love to criticize oyinbo no dey do mistakes or dos rubbish pirated korean films u guys watched u hear wetin dem talk not to talk of their mistakes:.d guy dat produce d film is my neigbour i knw d time he used in makin dat short film well thanks sha show him ur post to work on such errors nxt time hit like::team naija 4life no matter how he take be
wow frnt page:::Say No To pirated Movies so dis guy will gain more of their hand work:::i dey hail 700 in 1 peeps

7 Likes

Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by Akshow: 7:02am On Dec 23, 2013
Amastermovic: mtcheew i dont knw y naija love to criticize oyinbo no dey do mistakes or dos rubbish pirated korean films u guys watched u hear wetin dem talk not to talk of their mistakes:.d guy dat produce d film is my neigbour i knw d time he used in makin dat short film well thanks sha show him ur post to work on such errors nxt time hit like::team naija 4life no matter how he take be
criticising when done in good taste and with the aim of improving hurts no one Mr. I have watched the movie and re watched it just now, all what the op pointed out are true. Minute details that our movie directors overlook are too much and this makes their movies look like a huge joke.

19 Likes

Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by Amastermovic(m): 7:11am On Dec 23, 2013
Akshow: criticising when done in good taste and with the aim of improving hurts no one Mr. I have watched the movie and re watched it just now, all what the op pointed out are true. Minute details that our movie directors overlook are too much and this makes their movies look like a huge joke.
i knw wat d guy say is right nd ve just check d film again on my pc but i beleive d producer will try his best on his nxt movie::but lookin for forward to watch dat okey bakkasey stuff ve 4gotten d film name sha
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by Bboy1015(m): 7:18am On Dec 23, 2013
Amastermovic: mtcheew i dont knw y naija love to criticize oyinbo no dey do mistakes or dos rubbish pirated korean films u guys watched u hear wetin dem talk not to talk of their mistakes:.d guy dat produce d film is my neigbour i knw d time he used in makin dat short film well thanks sha show him ur post to work on such errors nxt time hit like::team naija 4life no matter how he take be
i blif criticizing them will make them realise there mistakes and improve the quality of movies produced.
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by VillageBoi(m): 9:48am On Dec 23, 2013
Amastermovic: i knw wat d guy say is right nd ve just check d film again on my pc but i beleive d producer will try his best on his nxt movie::but lookin for forward to watch dat okey bakkasey stuff ve 4gotten d film name sha

What you have said about 'getting better on the next film' is true but sadly is not the case. The Director/Producer - Obi Emelonye - actually does a far, far worse job on his very next film Onye Ozi - the film is a funny comedy but is also one of the worst-looking 'new' Nollywood films you will come across.
He does shoot on very high end cameras (both these films were Arri Alexa & RED respectively) but I think he 'rushes' as you can in many parts they didn't even 'white-balance' not that that really matters when shooting on a RED camera and his post production is still kpa-kpa-kpa style which really is a shame because he's supposed to be at the top of his game after the number of features he has made.
Having attended both Premiers I am no longer a fan and will be skipping his next few films.

Onye Ozi - Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrFAQPVYY0M
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by Bboy1015(m): 11:38am On Dec 23, 2013
lirusehn: *spits on thread*

as you wish.
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 23, 2013
Hey, This thread is not suppose to be a bashing thread, right? There's a website that does this with Hollywood movies as well. The fun of it is; pointing out 'unglaring' mistakes (though me dey notice most of them). There's no movie without mistakes, you see crew members mistakingly appearing in blockbluster Hollywood movies, Boom mic showing etc...but they are not always in your face, and samething applies to Last flight to abuja here. It's a cool thread anyway. I visit that 'nollywoodmistakes' site once in a while to have some laughs.

btw, my observation with your post:
Bboy1015: Factual Error:-
A car battery is seen being loaded onto the plane. A car battery is a corrosive and is therefore internationally prohibited from being loaded on an airplane.
This is actually part of the plot. It was the Pilot who deliberately disobeyed the rules; so he loaded the battery He wanted to go and charge on the plane. And as it all turned out, the battery was the main cause of the calamity on the flight. As it started sparking and all that and the plane became filled with smoke.

Bboy1015: Continuity Error:-
As the movie starts a large building is shown and "CNS Headquarters" is written on the screen. When they show the board meeting taking place in the building, Chief Nike (Jide Kosoko) refers to their office as "TNS"
The company is infact TNX. That was the fault of the 'Subtitle' guys and again, Jide Kosoko pronounced it wrongly and it sounded like TNS again grin grin

Bboy1015: Factual Error:-
Considering how the plane crashed and all the fire, should that many people have survived? The survivors all look in very good shape with just a little dirt.
The plane didn't crash, It 'Crash-Landed'. There's difference...and the scenerio made perfect sense.

I guess you are right with the others smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by Jensenelizz(m): 4:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
Firstly,most of our producer spend little cash on their films and sum dat spend end up producing meaningless and annoying films eg doctor bello: that film na stupid film,,,dem just deceive me with vivica fox and sum other oyinbo people wey no play any relevant part for the film......

Secondly::naija na naija....we no dey learn frm other countries,,,even all this korean gu jun pyo. grin don get mouth pass us,,,sote my cuz just dey buy korean season almost everyday bt refuses to watch naija film
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by Kingtim(m): 4:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
Jensen_elizz: .
as if he wants to comment anything reasonable. Mtcheew
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by freda506(f): 4:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
Yeah i agree with the survivors part.In a crash of that magnitude many people should have died but all in all d movie aint bad cool
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
I Still Have Catarrh Ooo... And Cough Yaff Join.... Hmmm
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by chelseabmw(m): 4:11pm On Dec 23, 2013
ok
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by pickabeau1: 4:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
I loved the film

The pilot dialogue scene was realistic

Hakeem was splendid..

The airport scene though the hostess was too made up

The scene that the corper chic died was realistic

The animation for the crash was not bad

The turbulence effects of the plane - not bad for a naija film

We need more films like this

I feel Omotola's role could have been played by a younger actress
Jim Iyke maintain hissef beside Hakeem - no phonay

I like the accoutant chic.. she used her facial expressions wella to show disgust

2 Likes

Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by pickabeau1: 4:13pm On Dec 23, 2013
Akshow: criticising when done in good taste and with the aim of improving hurts no one Mr. I have watched the movie and re watched it just now, all what the op pointed out are true. Minute details that our movie directors overlook are too much and this makes their movies look like a huge joke.

Do you want to see the goofs in Avatar?
You will be shocked

1 Like

Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by Jensenelizz(m): 4:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kingtim: as if he wants to comment anything reasonable. Mtcheew
mr man fvck u and ur ancestors...mumufied ewu
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by bloglover(m): 4:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
This ONE is STRONG! All these mistakes inside one film? Well as long as am not complaining,nothing dey happen. Afterall I didnt notice these mistakes until u posted them.
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by omusiliyu(m): 4:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mtchew
I only comment just to be among the 1st page *commentors*
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by fpeter(f): 4:22pm On Dec 23, 2013

YOU'RE JUST AS DUMB AS THE WORD DUMB!!!!!! CRITICISMS PAVE WAY FOR SUCCESS
I BET YOUR SO CALLED NEIGHBOUR CUM PRODUCER WOULD HAVE TAKEN NOTE OF
THE FLAWS POINTED OUT IN GOOD SPIRITS..
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by tosan200(m): 4:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
I never watch the film ,wetin concern agbero with overload.
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by imperiouxx(m): 4:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
For those who have wasted their previous 1 hr 40 mins or so.
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by Emmyk(m): 4:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
Awesome! I didnt even notice this when I watched it.

Film critics is very interesting, as a course and profession.

The part I discovered to be ludicrous was when Jim Iyke was like OKAY, PROMISE ME WE WILL GO ON A ROMANTIC DATE, IF WE SURVIVE THIS CRASH.

I was like seriously ?? cheesyshockedcheesy

This really happened? Like someone said this in the Plane in 2006 ?

Then I smiled. I knew they added most things that didnt really happen in the actual crash to it.
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by Krasid(m): 4:25pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nigeria is still learning.We will get there someday.
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by tpia5: 4:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
A car battery was loaded on the plane?
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by semid4lyfe(m): 4:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
VillageBoi:
What you have said about 'getting better on the next film' is true but sadly is not the case. The Director/Producer - Obi Emelonye - actually does a far, far worse job on his very next film Onye Ozi - the film is a funny comedy but is also one of the worst-looking 'new' Nollywood films you will come across.

He does shoot on very high end cameras (both these films were Arri Alexa & RED respectively) but I think he 'rushes' as you can in many parts they didn't even 'white-balance' not that that really matters when shooting on a RED camera and his post production is still kpa-kpa-kpa style which really is a shame because he's supposed to be at the top of his game after the number of features he has made.
Having attended both Premiers I am no longer a fan and will be skipping his next few films.

Onye Ozi - Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrFAQPVYY0M

Isn't Obi Emelonye the same dude who directed Mirror Boy (2011)?

I remember Sholay 2011 almost cut off my head for the disparaging comment I made about the film then.

No be picture quality be movie, someone needs to tell Mr Writer/Director/Producer that. Obi Emelonye is overhyped jare. I flashed him "airtel" since that Mirror Boy fiasco.

Disclaimer: No be semid4lyfe be this, my NL account has been compromised grin
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by IamDebola: 4:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
Shey make I comment abi make i reserve my comment?
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by LajaLaba: 4:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
OMG!Are you for real?yeye shocked
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
and after the crash, the fire fighters shown quenching the fire where white men. and the plane reportedly crashed in Ogun state..
Re: 19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja by Icudkill: 5:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
Impressed by d op's level of observation..
Nigerian movies PLSS try to be real.
PLSSSS

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Film House Cinema, Heritage Mall Razed By Fire In Ibadan! / Another Look At Pay TV Cost / Kayowa Kayode Liberty Dupes Victims N1.6m (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.