Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,030 members, 7,810,836 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Mormons And 25th December. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mormons And 25th December. (627 Views)

Thread For Mormons / Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? / Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mormons And 25th December. by TeetoEsq(m): 6:41am On Dec 23, 2013
A mormon friend of mine told me that it is vanity celebrating 25th December as the birthday of Jesus Christ. Since Christ was never born around this time, celebrating 25th December with the world is as worthless as going to church without repentance. According to him mormons preferred to celebrate the death of Christ to the birth. The questions are why celebrating 25th Dec. If truly is not His birthday... when was Jesus born?
Re: Mormons And 25th December. by Danhumprey: 8:25am On Dec 23, 2013
Jesus wasn't born on December 25th. We don't know exactly when he was born. The people who witness His birth didn't record the date he was born. And if in reality they did,nowhere in the Bible was it revealed! Celebrating 25th December as the exact date in which Jesus was born is entirely wrong! It's an offshoot of a pagan tradition,and following that tradition is plain Idolatory!
Re: Mormons And 25th December. by TeetoEsq(m): 9:01am On Dec 23, 2013
Danhumprey: Jesus wasn't born on December 25th. We don't know exactly when he was born. The people who witness His birth didn't record the date he was born. And if in reality they did,nowhere in the Bible was it revealed! Celebrating 25th December as the exact date in which Jesus was born is entirely wrong! It's an offshoot of a pagan tradition,and following that tradition is plain Idolatory!
Good, majority of christians are in christmas while the minority are against it. Just look at the criticism following Pastor KUMUYI now just for saying xmas is idolatrous. Its a pity stage for christendom
Re: Mormons And 25th December. by AbuMikey(m): 9:33am On Dec 23, 2013
Danhumprey: Jesus wasn't born on December 25th. We don't know exactly when he was born. The people who witness His birth didn't record the date he was born. And if in reality they did,nowhere in the Bible was it revealed! Celebrating 25th December as the exact date in which Jesus was born is entirely wrong! It's an offshoot of a pagan tradition,and following that tradition is plain Idolatory!

SmH!

I was born is Somalia, and during the war, some insurgents came to our house, while running for help, I forever lost my dad and mum, they were not dead, but went somewhere else for shelter.

I didn't know the day I was born, but I can remember my last birthday was celebrated a few months before the Somali war which started around febuary.

And now, I've chosen December 25th as my preferred birthday date.

Does it now make me a Pagan, or make my birthday not worth celebrating since it coincidentally fell on a Pagan festival date? undecided

Re: Mormons And 25th December. by TeetoEsq(m): 9:48am On Dec 23, 2013
Abu Mikey:

SmH!

I was born is Somalia, and during the war, some insurgents came to our house, while running for help, I forever lost my dad and mum, they were not dead, but went somewhere else for shelter.

I didn't know the day I was born, but I can remember my last birthday was celebrated a few months before the Somali war which started around febuary.

And now, I've chosen December 25th as my preferred birthday date.

Does it now make me a Pagan, or make my birthday not worth celebrating since it coincidentally fell on a Pagan festival date? undecided

yours is a different case.... not about my post....... So you better meet a counselor for advice...
Re: Mormons And 25th December. by missterious(f): 9:51am On Dec 23, 2013
I don't think the date matters, what matters is our intentions & since we have decided to celebrate His birth on the 25th & not some "Sun god", there is nothing wrong. Read Romans 14 especially verses 5 and 6

Vs 5: One man esteemeth one day above another, another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind

Vs 6: He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord & he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it.

Hope this helps. smiley
Re: Mormons And 25th December. by TeetoEsq(m): 9:58am On Dec 23, 2013
miss.terious:
I don't think the date matters, what matters is our intentions & since we have decided to celebrate His birth on the 25th & not some "Sun god", there is nothing wrong. Read Romans 14 especially verses 5 and 6

Vs 5: One man esteemeth one day above another, another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind

Vs 6: He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord & he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it.

Hope this helps. smiley
yes its of help...but lets others speak....
Re: Mormons And 25th December. by AbuMikey(m): 9:58am On Dec 23, 2013
Teeto, Esq:
yours is a different case.... not about my post....... So you better meet a counselor for advice...

I was referring to Danhumprey, thanks. smiley

#Dundee F.Cundecided
Re: Mormons And 25th December. by Vivly(f): 10:17am On Dec 23, 2013
Teeto, Esq:
Like seriously, can't you recognize an example when you see one? That's just an instance not a life story. Anyways, since you have doubts about Christmas, I shouldn't be surprised.
Re: Mormons And 25th December. by TeetoEsq(m): 10:23am On Dec 23, 2013
Vivly: Like seriously, can't you recognize an example when you see one? That's just an instance not a life story. Anyways, since you have doubts about Christmas, I shouldn't be surprised.
really?
Re: Mormons And 25th December. by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 23, 2013
Well, my religious doctrine does not permit me to celebrate Christmas on the 25th of December.
Re: Mormons And 25th December. by TeetoEsq(m): 10:29am On Dec 23, 2013
Austeenx: Well, my religious doctrine does not permit me to celebrate Christmas on the 25th of December.
please can you share the reasons why your doctrine doesn't permit you... And which religious doctrine are you....?
Re: Mormons And 25th December. by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 23, 2013
Teeto, Esq:
please can you share the reasons why your doctrine doesn't permit you... And which religious doctrine are you....?

Good question.

Church Of The Smiling Skeleton. That's my religion, COTSS.

Reasons why we don't celebrate Christmas on the 25th of December.

Reason 1: We don't believe in Christ, but we're Christians.

Reason 2: Our God, The Smiling Skeleton's play-day is on the 24th of December. Tell me how we're supposed to celebrate the play-day of our God, and still celebrate Christmas the next day.
Re: Mormons And 25th December. by TeetoEsq(m): 12:18am On Dec 25, 2013
Austeenx:

Good question.

Church Of The Smiling Skeleton. That's my religion, COTSS.

Reasons why we don't celebrate Christmas on the 25th of December.

Reason 1: We don't believe in Christ, but we're Christians.

Reason 2: Our God, The Smiling Skeleton's play-day is on the 24th of December. Tell me how we're supposed to celebrate the play-day of our God, and still celebrate Christmas the next day.
ok

(1) (Reply)

Deeper Life General Overseer, Pastor Kumuyi Says Celebrating Xmas Is Idolatrous / Church Of Satan Membership Now Open / The Holy Bible: Inerrant,infalible, Inspired Word Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.