Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Atheists Are Good If They Do Good. - Pope Francis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Are Good If They Do Good. - Pope Francis (482 Views)

All Atheists Are Satanists / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? / Wallace: We Cannot Be Good If God Does Not Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists Are Good If They Do Good. - Pope Francis by westcodes(m): 11:47am On Dec 23, 2013
Pope Francis reached out to atheists
with a story that concluded, "Just do
good, and we'll find a meeting point."

VATICAN CITY — Atheists should be
seen as good people if they do good,
Pope Francis said Wednesday in his
latest urging that people of all
religions — or no religion — work
together.

The leader of the world's 1.2 billion
Roman Catholics made his comments
in the homily of his morning Mass in
his residence, a daily event where he
speaks without prepared comments.
He told the story of a Catholic who
asked a priest if even atheists had
been redeemed by Jesus.

"Even them, everyone," the pope
answered, according to Vatican Radio.
"We all have the duty to do good," he
said. "Just do good, and we'll find a meeting point," the pope said in a hypothetical conversation in which someone told a priest: "But I don't believe. I'm an atheist."

Francis's reaching out to atheists and
people who belong to no religion is a
marked contrast to the attitude of
former Pope Benedict, who sometimes
left non-Catholics feeling that he saw
them as second-class believers.

[url]news.msn.com/world/atheists-are-good-if-they-do-good-pope-francis-says[/url]
Re: Atheists Are Good If They Do Good. - Pope Francis by farem: 12:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
I WOULDN'T WANT TO BELIEVE THIS IS TRUE. IF IT DOES: IS THEIR ANOTHER HELLISH-INCLINED PURGATORY FOR ATHEISTS?. WHILE SHOULD WE BE CONTENT TO DECEIVE A CHILD WHO REFUSES TO GO TO SCHOOL THAT HE WOULD SOON BECOME A CHARTERED AERONATIC?
LOOK, GOD IS NOT LOOKING FOR POLITICAL MULTITUDE IN ORDER TO BE OR REMAIN GOD. JEHOVAH IS GOD FOREVER! HE WOULD NOT NEED ANY POPE, G.O, FATHER, REVREND, PASTOR OR MUMMY GO TO HELP HIM. HERE IS UNDENIABLE WORD OF GOD CONCERNING ATHEISTS AND THEIR ULTIMATE END:

Psalm 14: 1 THE FOOL SAYS IN HIS HEART; THEIR IS NO GOD
John 3: 36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Matthew 10: 33 but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father
Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and ... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone:
Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists
WARNING AGAINST THE FALSE PROPHETS[/POPE/G.O/REVEREND/PASTORS/RELIGIOUS FOUNDER/b]
Daniel 7: 25 He {Antichrist any any one who represent his course} will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the lawsMatthew 7: 15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. .
DISREGARD THE ANTICHRISTS, LISTEN TO GOD ALONE... Matthew 24 :35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
PSALM 119:89 Forever, O LORD, Your word is settled in heaven.
[b]Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life,

GOD STILL LOVES ATHEISTS, BUT HATES THEIR MENTOR AND THEIR PHILOSOPHY
Re: Atheists Are Good If They Do Good. - Pope Francis by Redlyn: 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2013
I am not Catholic but I love this pope.
He is a kind spirit, a true leader and at heart he is a humanist first and a catholic second, inclusive of all and non judgmental.
I wonder how he is seen amongst Catholics though. Because he talks too much sense for his own good.
Re: Atheists Are Good If They Do Good. - Pope Francis by fredx4(m): 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2013
Catholics and their doctrines
Re: Atheists Are Good If They Do Good. - Pope Francis by Ubenedictus(m): 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
Correction to the article. Pope francis didn't say atheist are good if they do good. Not really, he instead said everyone is capable of doing good, even the atheist and in doing good humanity may find a meeting point.

(1) (Reply)

When Was truly Jesus Born? / The Best Gift You Can Ever Give As A Christian Is Sharing This...hapy Boxing Day / 15 Born-again Christians Return Certificate To WAEC; Confesses They Cheated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.