Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease (24691 Views)

Gone!Gone!!...Tokunbo 2003 Honda Accord Leather seat With Navigation System / Nigeria Satellite Navigation Systems / Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, At Reduced Prices. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by toshacer: 2:51pm On Aug 03, 2008
monogees:

Hey,
Bros wey de vex, no vex, even me sef i been wan yarb the thing when i read am first and i go still yarb am. For the guys who live abroad who don't believe its true, don't blame them. How do you explain a situation where you go home and u know there used to be a road here, then suddenly one "big man" just decides to block the road and turn it into his new mansion?what happens to your "gps" then?. This is happening all over Nigeria, as a example, all the houses that were demolished in Abuja were built at sites that weren't designated for houses, what happens to you "GPS" then? don't forget this technology is based on "approved" government plans, no one goes out to check if the roads really exist or not because it is supposed to have been planned.

Am am happy we "have it"? honestly?NO because i see it as another scam in trying to copy what we know within ourselves wont work. It wont work not because we can't do it, ofcourse we can do anything, but am saying it wont work because u would be surprised, where it says turn right, you make a right turn and end up in someones sitting room. Not because a road wasn't supposed to be there but because the house wasn't supposed to be there.

You have a short memory - Monogees

@Labiyemmy - I like your definition of fools - fits him properly.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2008
Thanks tosh. He denying that he didnt call it a scam just points to what i have been saying.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by abyte: 6:35pm On Aug 03, 2008
OOO GAAA OOOO !

Na real wa!

This is a piece of tech that is very common overseas. I have been wandering why no one had it in Nigeria.

Someone then does it and he is immediately targeted for witch hunt!

Allow now, why not base your negativity on facts. Has anyone tried it? Good Lord! This is not even the general forum, its the car based one. This is right in line with what we are supposed to be doing here, to better automotive experience in Nigeria. If this works, it will be immensely helpful to people, not to mention police, fire and ambulances.

@poster: I wish you the best of luck. Don't take Nigerian criticism to heart. Progress is not for everyone smiley , if not, it won't be progress.

Like some have said, look into a comprehensive website, and let your product and its presentation speak for itself.

@the nay sayers: Lets help each other make this country better! We are the ones to gain the most by it.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 7:06pm On Aug 03, 2008
Thanks once again -

For more information - the following street level maps are available - all 36 state capitals plus Abuja - and also - WARRI, ONITSHA, EKPOMA, SAPELE, OGWACHI UKU, IRRUA, EFFURUM, UGHELLI, IBUZA, UROMI - UBIAJA - AND MORE CITIES ADDED DAILY.

Search by state - city - house number - street number.

Also works on Nokia phones with GPS modules - just come for the maps if you have any of these Nokia phones.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by faoni572(m): 1:49pm On Aug 04, 2008
@labiyemmy, I just want to commend you for the good work you are doing, like what some people have said you don't have to insult or even reply those people that go against it. Everybody knows the suitation in Nigeria and in Africa at large. Things are not organised hence it will be a surprise that something like this can come out from Nigeria. Those that goes against it, it's the condition of the country that let them say what they are saying especially consider the high level of scams in Nigeria. You don't have to be annoyed. The fact that you can offer demo is very good and tells me that you know what you are doing. I am one of the people that believe nothing work in Nigeria but only when government is involved not individual like you. I know that by the time one or two persons buy it and they give testimonies many people will have interest. If I have a car I could have come for the demo to see how it works.

I want you to take what critics are saying as a means of improving your products. More grease to your elbow
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 2:18pm On Aug 04, 2008
faoni572:

@labiyemmy, I just want to commend you for the good work you are doing, like what some people have said you don't have to insult or even reply those people that go against it. Everybody knows the suitation in Nigeria and in Africa at large. Things are not organised hence it will be a surprise that something like this can come out from Nigeria. Those that goes against it, it's the condition of the country that let them say what they are saying especially consider the high level of scams in Nigeria. You don't have to be annoyed. The fact that you can offer demo is very good and tells me that you know what you are doing. I am one of the people that believe nothing work in Nigeria but only when government is involved not individual like you. I know that by the time one or two persons buy it and they give testimonies many people will have interest. If I have a car I could have come for the demo to see how it works.

I want you to take what critics are saying as a means of improving your products. More grease to your elbow

Thanks Faoni.

I get your point lucidly.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by astar2008(m): 5:01pm On Aug 04, 2008
@ 4play and Queenisha or whatever you call yourselves
You are obviously new to this part of Forum hence your responses, these guys have mentioned before that they were doing Conclusive mapping and that everyone should look out for this.
i think you need to look at what they have to offer before jumping to immature conclusions.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by ricki: 5:09pm On Aug 04, 2008
this alabi guy is fullof bullshiit, those pictures are taken from google or Microsoft satellite mapping website, what on earth is he trying to pull.

people this guy is as fake as the crap of shiit he is advertising. WORD
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by sojioguns(m): 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2008
@ Labi,
Please could you give us some more info on the service. Is there a yearly subscription fee? Could you show us actual pics of it in use in a real car, not satellite images from your software? Thanks. Also, a website would help.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 5:54pm On Aug 04, 2008
ricki:

this alabi guy is fullof bullshiit, those pictures are taken from google or Microsoft satellite mapping website, what on earth is he trying to pull.

people this guy is as fake as the crap of shiit he is advertising. WORD

You are obviosuly the fake and crappy soul here - you have forgotten that google and microsoft buy the satellite imagery from the same source everybody buys them from - what exactly is your problem - If Mr A takes your picture and Mr B, C, D, buys it - what will be d difference?

Your words are as empty as the mind from where it came out from.

People say dont insult them - but what will you call someone who has never seen a product or an item and calls it fake or crap? Wont you say that person is mad - or sick or a fool? Please people, I dont know o - but I think that is just simple madness. You havent seen or used something and you are branding it fake or crappy - that makes you nothing but a mad person.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 6:00pm On Aug 04, 2008
sojioguns:

@ Labi,
Please could you give us some more info on the service. Is there a yearly subscription fee? Could you show us actual pics of it in use in a real car, not satellite images from your software? Thanks. Also, a website would help.

Hi - thanks about that -

The satellite imagery came because of someone who was disproving how we make our maps - we are not advertising the satellite imagery - i was only describing how we got the maps.

If you are in Lagos - kindly go to 46, Allen Avenue - you will see a demo - you can drive around with it with our staff if you want - seeing is beleiving -

our website is www . ceaser-web . com

Thanks.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by Dedax(m): 8:45pm On Aug 04, 2008
I am not ashamed to be a Nigerian- but often NOT PROUD TO BE identified as one.
This whole discourse stinks with ignorance and lack of civility. If you do not understand things can't questions be asked? it pains me deeply to see you all make a mess of a novel work. Technology can work anywhere in the world if you do your own end of the assignment.Someone here has done it for us all in Nigeria but you all just rain absurdities? instead of helping find bugs or points you think can be a challenge and how he will handle them. If you do not understand make enquiries.

@ labiyemmy
No doubt a lot of work has gone into this work but dont let people ruin it by letting them get to you. Learn to ignore silly comments.You are selling a product that is definitely needed concern yourself with your work and leave simpletons the task of making public their ignorance. keep up the good work. Control yourself,its your thread,master them.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 8:56pm On Aug 04, 2008
@Dedax

Thanks my man.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by Busybody2(f): 10:52pm On Aug 04, 2008
monogees:

. . . There is something called dissenting opinion and i have one i don't have to agree with anybody or everybody. . .

. . . so tell me what happens when you get it done today and 6 months down the line someone builds a house that blocks a road somewhere ?. . .

Good on you for standing your ground on the right to have a dissenting opinion.

Now if I may answer your query, perchance you come across such scenario as described above, the GPS would redirect you through another route, the same way it can recalculate and redirect you onto the right path, whenever you take a wrong turning.

As for whether it is right for local champions to erect illegal structures over the third mainland bridge before you get back/return from work, hmmn, that one na another tory.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 11:59pm On Aug 04, 2008
@busy_body

You are simply the best.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by ricki: 7:46am On Aug 06, 2008
hey alabi pasusomething or what the helll your name is, how many months have i been asking for the sat shiit you are advertising, although if you selling something real, i want to buy one, it is that simple.

but what annoy me most is all the crap of shiit you put up time and time again it is really pathetic, you get me homeboy.

the question is - do you have something to sell and how much is it, where can i buy it.

STOP DOING THIS CUT AND PASTE SHIIT, IT REALLY GETS TO ME. MATE
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 9:33am On Aug 06, 2008
ricki:

hey alabi pasusomething or what the helll your name is, how many months have i been asking for the sat shiit you are advertising, although if you selling something real, i want to buy one, it is that simple.

but what annoy me most is all the crap of shiit you put up time and time again it is really pathetic, you get me homeboy.

the question is - do you have something to sell and how much is it, where can i buy it.

STOP DOING THIS CUT AND PASTE SHIIT, IT REALLY GETS TO ME. MATE

I am not your mate and I can never be - you are either unable to read or can not understand simple English - go to the start of the thread and see phone numbers and physical address and do what is right instead of ranting like a rabbit who missed her way because she refused to use a sat nav. Get a life boy.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 9:39am On Aug 06, 2008
I must say we have been overwhelmed at the calls we have had on the phone numbers -- 018975616 or 08055794269.

Should you be in the UK - you can call 07956886563 - or 02089864174.

This is not a play thing - it is first time in Nigeria - and it works and rocks - visit our office - 46, Allen Avenue, Ikeja - you will see the sign board advertising the sat nav - or visit our website www. ceaser-web. com

What else can we say?
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by adechuks(m): 11:17am On Aug 06, 2008
Una well done jare.
Don't mind all the naysayers.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by Anivara: 12:20pm On Aug 06, 2008
Hi there,

Its not that I doubt you, but can you please confirm which satellite(s) your device uses to triagulate the users position.

European and US sat-nav devices (Tomtom, Navman, Garmin etc) all use down-graded de-militerized US satellites. The current GPS is run by the US military and is currently the only fully functional Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) in the world.

As far as i'm aware no current maping system has been produced for Nigeria, but please prove me wrong

regards
Ai
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 4:10pm On Aug 06, 2008
Anivara:

Hi there,

Its not that I doubt you, but can you please confirm which satellite(s) your device uses to triagulate the users position.

European and US sat-nav devices (Tomtom, Navman, Garmin etc) all use down-graded de-militerized US satellites. The current GPS is run by the US military and is currently the only fully functional Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) in the world.

As far as i'm aware no current maping system has been produced for Nigeria, but please prove me wrong

regards
Ai

Thanks @Pussy_Full

No need to abuse anyone @Pussy_full

@Anivara

The simple answer is that the GPS system is global - you can pick the GPS signals with any GPS device from anywhere in the world - inside rain - inside sun - any where and all the Sat Nav devices incorporates a GPS to pick the siganls.

I dont understand what you mean by no current mapping system has been produced for Nigeria - if you mean digital maps - you are indeed wrong - if you mean global positioning systems - you are wrong - each country does not have to produce a global positioning system - so I dont know what you mean - why not visit our office to see the thing working and be convinced?
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by texazzpete(m): 4:55pm On Aug 06, 2008
@labiyemmy
i've had several run ins with you in the past. You've made claims you've found it difficult to back up with solid evidence. Every attempt to make you see that a simple video of your maps on youtube would go a long way to convincing us all hasmet with deaf ears, or even insults.

No matter. I will visit your Lagos office and see for yourself.

But even if what you say is true, here's a helpful hint; You've used 4 pages now to defend your product on NL in this thread. it only takes

1. One minute to register on Youtube.com
2. 10 minutes to make a convincing 5 minute video
3. 3 minutes to upload said video

and then you forever silence your critics.

So understand me when i say i'm puzzled by your Modus Operandi here.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by kaypinchi(m): 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2008
@ labiyemmy

Nice One.

Why no paste a link to a web page to see how wonderful this solution is. You'll get a lot more business offers this way.
Remember, competition is rife in Naija. I know a couple of guys working on the same solution.
Start selling before it's 2 late.

Just my 20kobo.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2008
kaypinchi:

@ labiyemmy

Nice One.

Why no paste a link to a web page to see how wonderful this solution is. You'll get a lot more business offers this way.
Remember, competition is rife in Naija. I know a couple of guys working on the same solution.
Start selling before it's 2 late.

Just my 20kobo.

Thanks mate - we have sold thousands - but you will beleive me when I say the market opens up when competition is rife.

Thanks. Will you rather see a fake web page or you will prefer to walk in and do a hands on demo?
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2008
texazzpete:

@labiyemmy
i've had several run ins with you in the past. You've made claims you've found it difficult to back up with solid evidence. Every attempt to make you see that a simple video of your maps on youtube would go a long way to convincing us all hasmet with deaf ears, or even insults.

No matter. I will visit your Lagos office and see for yourself.

But even if what you say is true, here's a helpful hint; You've used 4 pages now to defend your product on Nairaland in this thread. it only takes

1. One minute to register on Youtube.com
2. 10 minutes to make a convincing 5 minute video
3. 3 minutes to upload said video

and then you forever silence your critics.

So understand me when i say i'm puzzled by your Modus Operandi here.

One day or one hour at our office will silence whatever mis - givings you have about the solution, silence critics and silence doubting Thomas - will you rather see a fake video on u Tube than see the device itself at work? How do you think?
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by texazzpete(m): 8:56pm On Aug 06, 2008
@labiyemmy:

One day or one hour at our office will silence whatever mis - givings you have about the solution, silence critics and silence doubting Thomas - will you rather see a fake video on u Tube than see the device itself at work? How do you think?

Thing is, i stay in PH. It's only convenient now that i'm visiting Lagos that i can take a look at this myself.
The youtube video idea isn't that bad, and it'll only boost your business
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 9:07pm On Aug 06, 2008
@Tex

When are you in Lagos?
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by labiyemmy(m): 7:04pm On Aug 07, 2008
@Texazzpete

Hi - the office do not open on Saturday - please visit on Monday - call the manager - Deji Alabi - on 08055794269 to arrange a slot.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by egin(m): 10:05pm On Aug 10, 2008
Money back guarantee? What on earth for?
You're being offered a free demo, if you don't like it, simply don't buy!
Money back is usually if the item is broken, or not as described. Not because you decide you don't like the product!

Yes you can make a return if you do not like the product. No question asked!
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by lewa(m): 10:26pm On Aug 10, 2008
I always salute entrepreneurship, for those who have nothing really to contribute but take solace in disparaging,substance less comments my advice is for them to take a long walk down the pier!This is a solid idea and to wit my friends and i had previously entertained promoting this lovely idea before.To the poster kudos,a big well done and as an entrepreneur myself i know what it must have taken to enter this venture,not for the faint hearted or the clueless as some proudly display themselves
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by ziontrain: 12:42am On Aug 11, 2008
@labiyemmy I find your thread and what you do quite interesting. One advice I have for you is to stop spending your time engaging ignorant people. Trust me, there are a lot of intelligent people on nairaland who don't even post any message - I am sure you will have heard from some of them privately via email. You also have to understand that a lot of Nigerians have never been abroad to even appreciate what a GPS is. For those who are not aware, even here in America, GPS does not map every street and also, sometimes, streets could be destroyed to make way for buildings and major highways so if you are asking for your grandfather's "Agbo ile" in Ile-Ife, it should not be a big deal if GPS cannot locate.

The info people need is the address in naija where they can see a demo. If you have a good product, that product will sell itself. Meanwhile, please post where one can see this demo in Abuja (if you have an office there). I wish you all the best.
Re: Nationwide Satellite Navigation System 4 Nigeria Now Available, Travel With Ease by ricki: 7:15am On Aug 12, 2008
alabi alabi oko mama e

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MOST EXPENSIVE PRE ORDERED SUV IN 2013 ( By Akin Alabi From Inspired Autos ) / SALES ENDED. .......Household Items For Sale In Lagos / Is Your Car Battered And Disfigured Like This? Gof Autos Ltd Can Refurbish It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.