Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,448 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? (17956 Views)

Scary: Which Of These Would You Eat For #50,000? / Would You Eat This Strange Looking Yam(photos) / Do You Eat Your Meat/Fish During Or After The Meal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by Saraben(f): 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
I won't forgive any restaurant DAT served me dead fried chicken..
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
Sorry for your loss bro but i wldnt eat a chicken that died like that knowingly..you dont know exactly what killed it..

maybe it had chicken hiv,chicken herpes or even chicken staphlococcus.
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by slap1(m): 5:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
Saraben: I won't forgive any restaurant DAT served me dead fried chicken..
How you wan take know? You be winsh? Just know that poultry owners sell hundreds of dead chicken to fast foods and hotels. Daily.
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by PopeXanderVII: 5:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
gluv01: Bibilically:Deutronomy 14:21 "You must not eat anything that has died a natural death. You may give it to a foreigner living in your town, or you may sell it to a stranger. But do not eat it yourselves, for you are set apart as holy to the LORD your God. "You must not cook a young goat in its mother's milk.

WTF!

Yahweh never ceases to Amaze me. I can't believe people actually worship this "thing" called Yahweh?!
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by gluv01(f): 5:34pm On Dec 24, 2013
Pope Xander VII:

WTF!
Yahweh never ceases to Amaze me. I can't believe people actually worship this "thing" called Yahweh?!

You might as well just shut up and stop abusing another's religion simply because it's not yours or you don't believe in any smiley
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by t4dec(f): 5:41pm On Dec 24, 2013
Deolaw: Hi Nairalanders

I am in great sorrow because today I got three big chickens and went through hell to transport them home (ikorodu to Ojodu). On getting home, I was exhausted and glad they were Ok. Now the problem is that when I went out to check on them I discovered one was dead. I no fit cry. Not because of the price but because of the stress.
My brother said we should throw it away and he was supported by our neighbours. I reluctantly threw it away. Damn Painful!

Now please is it right not to eat livestock that dies a natural death?
This festive period we will see a lot of this incident.

Merry Christmas in advance. Remember my chickens have reduced so don't complain about the small pieces of meat I will serve on the thread. Love you all!

It is rung,weda natura deth or artificial. The scrpture dnt sipot one eatin alrdy ded animal.
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by couthy: 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
jmoore: Old Testament inclined folks quoting bible. smh

Cook and eat the chicken.

Wetin no good.....e no good!

It has spiritual undertone. Avoid it especially when u know it had natural death. My 2 cowries.
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by donklint86: 5:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
A-HA:
90 percent of the fried chicken we eat are dead chicken.
Believe me !
you eat, not we eat.
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by chaloner(m): 6:21pm On Dec 24, 2013
Comot from way ..... If I mis dis hen u wil b d best replacement embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by kalufelix(m): 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
if it didn't take long b4 u notice jus slice d throat for blood to gush out ....enjoy ur meat
merry Christmas...
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by kalufelix(m): 6:30pm On Dec 24, 2013
chaloner: Comot from way ..... If I mis dis hen u wil b d best replacement embarassed
shey na dis black malnourished hen u wan kii for Jesus bday..... undecided
chaloner: Comot from way ..... If I mis dis hen u wil b d best replacement embarassed
shey na dis black malnourished hen u wan kii for Jesus bday.....
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by eghos12(m): 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
chicken die by sufforcation. Brous u f**k up u for weep am shaprly as u find out say one die just carry knife pass he neck dose u negibours make they shout so they go follow u shop am self. i rember last year @ my house my mum both 3 layers 1 died on the way and my papi dont eat nature died chicken trust mama na as he dey hot before 5 mins chicken dey freezer when papi asked what happened my mum said "the fowl they dance (skelwu) na said am to heaven"
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by tunnex190: 6:56pm On Dec 24, 2013
... but what i gained on this topic is mostly valued and what matters to me because I dont know already that dead livestock is forbidden to eating. Thanks to those who have contributed to this topic educatively.
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by homesteady(m): 7:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
I remember some years back, my mother said my cousin and I should go and kill chicken!
We did not know how to cut the neck! So we now decided to put the alive chicken inside hot water grin grin
As she dropped the chicken inside the bowl of hot water, I immediately covered the basin with tray grin so that the chicken will not splash hot water on us grin
We then told our mother how we killed it! She was now shouting, then they went to cut the chicken neck!
But we all ate the meat except my father! He was forming holy holy!
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by chaloner(m): 7:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
kalufelix: shey na dis black malnourished hen u wan kii for Jesus bday..... undecided shey na dis black malnourished hen u wan kii for Jesus bday.....
. Bad belle undecided
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by Opiosko: 7:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
homesteady: I remember some years back, my mother said my cousin and I should go and kill chicken!
We did not know how to cut the neck! So we now decided to put the alive chicken inside hot water grin grin
As she dropped the chicken inside the bowl of hot water, I immediately covered the basin with tray grin so that the chicken will not splash hot water on us grin
We then told our mother how we killed it! She was now shouting, then they went to cut the chicken neck!
Suicide attempt...U daft son thank God for saving ya azz.
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by homesteady(m): 8:00pm On Dec 24, 2013
Opiosko: Suicide attempt...U daft son thank God for saving ya azz.
angry grin
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by PopeXanderVII: 8:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
gluv01:

You might as well just shut up and stop abusing another's religion simply because it's not yours or you don't believe in any smiley

Yahweh does not exist.

Truth Hurts.

Deal with it.
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by NnamdiN: 8:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
homesteady: I remember some years back, my mother said my cousin and I should go and kill chicken!
eww that was harsh. I don dey pity the poor fowl. I might consider becoming a vegetarian.
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by Blofeld(m): 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
Fairly Used Chicken for sale...Xmas promo is here: Tokunbo chicken, Buy 1 and get 1 free* London used chicken - N1,200* USA used white chicken - N1,220* Stolen fowl - N850. * 1 eye chicken -N820 * Blind chicken - N800. * chicken way dey hear wit 1 ear - 650 * Deaf and dumb chicken - N610* Crippled hen - N380. * wrinkled fowl - N250* sick chicken - 150*chicken sacrificed to eg,amadioha,sango etc - 100 * HIV fowl - N25 Contact me now for your orders.What are friends for? After all, if I don't take care of you, who will

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by LarrySun(m): 8:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
Eat livestock that naturally died? Now that's disgusting!
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by gluv01(f): 10:03pm On Dec 24, 2013
Pope Xander VII:

Yahweh does not exist.

Truth Hurts.

Deal with it.

Pathetic. From your posts I can see you know Yahweh but just don't want to admit it. May God help your soul mister smiley
Chao
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by Cubeet2: 10:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
No
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by Pokemon43(f): 10:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
NO
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by danthamccoy(m): 11:34pm On Dec 24, 2013
manny4life: Give the chicken some final respect, haba, even in death you want to eat it... Na wa o.

Since you're Christian, the Bible condemned eating dead livestock, so NO I won't eat it.
so you eat them alive? picturing you chasing a chicken, catching it and immediately biting into it. Ugh!
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by Sike(m): 6:57am On Dec 25, 2013
phaat: islamically is haram!
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by Onegai(f): 7:24am On Dec 25, 2013
Depends. Our chicken woke up fine, went to eat something then died instantly. We were all sad (it was a pet chicken, loooonnnggg story). But we didn't eat it, most likely it ate rat poison around the compound.

When you buy live chickens, they get dehydrated easily. So once you get home from the market, loosen them and give them water immediately.
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by bfmconcepts: 8:02am On Dec 25, 2013
I wish am living closer to you.
My dogs and fishes will gladly feed on a free Christmas chicken
afterall, chicken is chicken
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by manny4life(m): 8:02am On Dec 25, 2013
dan tha mccoy:
so you eat them alive? picturing you chasing a chicken, catching it and immediately biting into it. Ugh!

Unless you're acting ignorant, you know exactly how I mean...
Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by christlike31(m): 8:48am On Dec 25, 2013
shocked[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by christlike31(m): 8:55am On Dec 25, 2013
If dat z so..then all the fowls wil commit suicide..make i kill mine nw o..**fetching knife**

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat Your Dead-by-nature Livestock? by benzion72(m): 9:22am On Dec 25, 2013
"How do you eat fish dead or alive" I love that. Also if you have eating anything frozen chicken turkey etc. You can be too sure of eaten disease ravaged animal and farmer hate looses. They dressed it and send it to africa as frozen food

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kogi Confluence Rice Hits The Market (Photos) / Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? / Ibadan Restaurants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.