Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala (2282 Views)

NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by LocalChamp: 5:22am On Dec 24, 2013
Import Waiver Granted First Lady To Import 200 BMW Cars: SaharaReporters Writes Minister Of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

Posted: Dec, 23 2013, 10:12PM

By Omoyele Sowore
Dear Minister Of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala : It has come to our attention that your Special Assistant on Media, Paul Nwabuikwu, is circulating a press statement to a select group of news outlets and bloggers describing as false a report by SaharaReporters about import waivers obtained by Mrs. Patience Jonathan’s office to import 200 BMW cars for her “Africa First Ladies” summit in 2012.

While your aide’s statement did not dispute the existence of waivers that were ultimately granted to Coscharis Motors to import the cars, he went to great lengths to accuse SaharaReporters of distorting the information released by your office.

We are not in the least surprised that you would authorize your aide’s misleading press release aimed at casting aspersions on us. This mendacious release is consistent with your style of responding to legitimate questions about your conduct as Nigeria’s Minister of Finance. You have established a reputation for intolerance of principled and accurate media reports once they raise questions about your ministerial judgments or reflect poorly on your performance.

You would recall that, on December 3rd, 2013, you published a doctored list of beneficiaries of import waivers in response to pressures mounted on your office by Nigeria’s PUNCH newspaper. Without question, you had hoped to bamboozle the public with this incomplete list. However, we refused to accept your list for publication, having received information from officials who should know that your list was distorted and incomplete, indeed an attempt to hoodwink gullible reporters and Nigerians. Yesterday, your office surreptitiously released an updated list on the web. It is this fuller list that revealed part of how the First Lady has benefited significantly from the questionable dispensation of import waivers to politically connected individuals and firms. We duly acknowledged our source.

The tone of your aide’s press statement makes it clear that you had hoped that your updated list would not become public knowledge. That explains the harsh and predictable attack on our medium.

Since your statement claimed that Mrs. Jonathan did not benefit from the imported BMWs, we urge you to go a step further: produce the list of beneficiaries and providing the chasses numbers of the BMWs imported under the questionable waivers you granted to Coscharis Motors in 2012. In addition, we challenge you to provide evidence that Coscharis Motors imported the vehicles for which the waivers were granted.

You should also do the Nigerian public the great service of explaining why presidential spokesman, Reuben Abati, claimed that the Federal Government had not contributed a dime to the importation of the BMWs, when your office had indeed granted waivers worth N560 million to the controversial auto dealer.

Since you claimed that your latest release was driven by your desire to ensure transparency, we await a detailed response to the issues raised here.

Sincerely,

Omoyele Sowore
For Saharareporters.com

http://saharareporters.com/article/import-waiver-granted-first-lady-import-200-bmw-cars-saharareporters-writes-minister-finance

6 Likes

Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by olas24u(f): 6:45am On Dec 24, 2013
That woman is really a corrupt finance minister,taking the country back to debt
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by santakris(m): 6:49am On Dec 24, 2013
Nigeria! One leg forward two legs backward.
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by olas24u(f): 6:57am On Dec 24, 2013
when she is rolling out figures you will just be clapping not knowing is just tales by moonlight figures.during the fuel subsidy protest she promised palliatives to cushion the sufferings of ordinary Nigerians with big big grammar just to deceive the people.

3 Likes

Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by HARDDON: 7:00am On Dec 24, 2013
If dis woman is dis neck deep, what hope is left again?

Hv bin harboring two tots abt her since I learnt all her family r Harvard trained.
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by mascot87(m): 7:28am On Dec 24, 2013
They are showing us what actually they are made of,corrupt sycophants.God bless Nigeria
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by 99100(m): 7:30am On Dec 24, 2013
Sahara reporters with their usual them say them say news of deceit,lies and insane reporting.

2 Likes

Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by Mynd44: 7:33am On Dec 24, 2013
shockedshockedshockedshocked
I am leaving Nigeria for Mars

1 Like

Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by oleary(m): 7:54am On Dec 24, 2013
Mynd_44: shockedshockedshockedshocked
I am leaving Nigeria for Mars

haha u wan trek go mars?
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by fagbalex(m): 7:55am On Dec 24, 2013
99/100:
Sahara reporters with their usual them say them say news of deceit,lies and insane reporting.

so someone dumb and blind like still dey enter nairaland. you're dumb because you can't say the truth Nd you're blind because you can't see the truth, that's why you're sentimental and bigoted as as you fail to Acknowledged the standstill of this information. God will surely make you recognise the truth and desist from such meriage.

4 Likes

Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by 99100(m): 8:20am On Dec 24, 2013
fagbalex:

so someone dumb and blind like still dey enter nairaland. you're dumb because you can't say the truth Nd you're blind because you can't see the truth, that's why you're sentimental and bigoted as as you fail to Acknowledged the standstill of this information. God will surely make you recognise the truth and desist from such meriage.
Go hug a transformer for all I care.
@topic,sahara deceivers should be reminded that even their paymasters Obj etal failed with his false alarm letter.
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by Temismith(f): 8:25am On Dec 24, 2013
I hiss in pidgen undecided
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by olas24u(f): 8:26am On Dec 24, 2013
99/100:

Go hug a transformer for all I care.
@topic,sahara deceivers should be reminded that even their paymasters Obj etal failed with his false alarm letter.

You are writing nonsense and they are correcting you and you continue to manifest foolishness ,have you ever read according to source or name withheld on Sahara reporters.you want us to continue to read nonsense from the Nigerians press.
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by frodobee: 8:40am On Dec 24, 2013
I don't bliv it.
First, thay refuse to publish the minister's copy. Second, they say they have authentic informants.
Thirdly, they refuse to name names or disclose the truth. They keep publishing hearsays and want us to believe.
SR will have to publish their 'authentic list' and name names as well as their informants and stand by it for me to believe.

4 Likes

Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by taharqa: 8:52am On Dec 24, 2013
SR shld be Ashamed of itself. Don't they hv any Shame??
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by olas24u(f): 8:53am On Dec 24, 2013
taharqa: SR shld be Ashamed of itself. Don't they hv any Shame??

as in?
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by olas24u(f): 8:54am On Dec 24, 2013
taharqa: SR shld be Ashamed of itself. Don't they hv any Shame??
explain
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by Brimmie(m): 9:00am On Dec 24, 2013
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by PassingShot(m): 9:05am On Dec 24, 2013
For Sahara Reporters to have written her directly, it shows they have and know their facts and figures.
Well, I do not expect anything less of anybody associated with this corruption personified government of GEJ. He, as the President is the most corrupt and you shouldn't expect anything better from the cabinet members.
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by PassingShot(m): 9:11am On Dec 24, 2013
frodobee: I don't bliv it.
First, thay refuse to publish the minister's copy. Second, they say they have authentic informants.
Thirdly, they refuse to name names or disclose the truth. They keep publishing hearsays and want us to believe.
SR will have to publish their 'authentic list' and name names as well as their informants and stand by it for me to believe.

Trash!.

1. First, thay refuse to publish the minister's copy. - They refused to publish her copy for the reason that it was doctored.
2. Second, they say they have authentic informants -What is wrong in claiming they have authentic informants? Tell me which media house does not claim that.
3. Thirdly, they refuse to name names or disclose the truth - Which newshouse name names as their source of information? Are you this dumb?
And they did published their authentic list. At least if you can't reason, you should be able to read.

3 Likes

Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by 99100(m): 9:13am On Dec 24, 2013
olas24u:

You are writing nonsense and they are correcting you and you continue to manifest foolishness ,have you ever read according to source or name withheld on Sahara reporters.you want us to continue to read nonsense from the Nigerians press.
Funny you.Who is correcting who ?
Sahara deceivers is no source for authentic news. They are doing the bidding of their paymasters.
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by eagleeye2: 9:15am On Dec 24, 2013
Choi!!!
God, when will I become as corrupt as Nigerian leaders.......... Why will a few hold millions of others to ransome?
Corruption pays better than honest living.
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by olas24u(f): 9:16am On Dec 24, 2013
99/100:

Funny you.Who is correcting who ?
Sahara deceivers is no source for authentic news. They are doing the bidding of their paymasters.

It is a big lie ,i have followed that website from the unset from Elendureports.stop writing bullshit.
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by UjSizzle(f): 9:17am On Dec 24, 2013
It seems to be era of letters. I'm waiting for her response undecided
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by papparatzzi2013: 9:18am On Dec 24, 2013
I love Sahara. Always opening the yansh of this corruption laden government.

Part of fresh air, sorry breeze noni!!!!!

1 Like

Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by papparatzzi2013: 9:20am On Dec 24, 2013
Passing Shot:

Trash!.

1. First, thay refuse to publish the minister's copy. - They refused to publish her copy for the reason that it was doctored.
2. Second, they say they have authentic informants -What is wrong in claiming they have authentic informants? Tell me which media house does not claim that.
3. Thirdly, they refuse to name names or disclose the truth - Which newshouse name names as their source of information? Are you this dumb?
And they did published their authentic list. At least if you can't reason, you should be able to read.

You even have the time to be replying such a below intelligence post.

The fresh breeze has entered his skull.
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by scribble: 9:33am On Dec 24, 2013
SaharaReporters is one of the most credible news sources in Africa and is recognized by peers like Al Jazeera and New York Times.

Some people that were trained in UNIJOS and the likes will just come here and try to cast aspersions thinking that majority of Nigerians are as semi-literate as they are.

Kudos to SR and Sowore for this. I hope to see more investigative journalism exposing corruption that all this administration is neck deep in.

1 Like

Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by FunnyPikincom(m): 9:52am On Dec 24, 2013
Now, I believe that America Aren't stup!d to choose a Medical Doctor ahead of this so called Financial Guru with intimidating Credential for World Bank Presidency sad. Obama saw what we couldn't see then. angry
Now, God don expose Fowl Nyansh for everyone to see
God Save Nigerian
cry cry cry
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by bizlifelines(m): 10:10am On Dec 24, 2013
But the list is on sahara reporters website.The government should actually be applauded for releasing the list. However, to further proof that it doesn't have anything to hide, Govt should publish the details demanded by sahara.This bad press can be defeated with transparency.

1 Like

Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by tosan200(m): 10:19am On Dec 24, 2013
I think they are daring NOI , if she claims their report is false, she should come out with the real list of people who benefited from the waivers. As they say he who must come into equality must come with a clean hand.
NB The same sahara wey we dey wait make jona take to court ,abi the ogogoro master dn forget.
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by Sirsijo(m): 10:34am On Dec 24, 2013
we pray God save us from all the terror we re facing amen
Re: First Lady 200 BMW Cars: Saharareporters Writes Ngozi Okonjo-iweala by Pain(m): 10:37am On Dec 24, 2013
HARDDON: If dis woman is dis neck deep, what hope is left again?

Hv bin harboring two tots abt her since I learnt all her family r Harvard trained.

Whats all these bullcrap about Havard? I know some folks will want to hit back ..but my question remains..Are Harvard Graduates Infallable?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Is A Bad News President. The Times. / How We’ll Fight Military Onslaught On Us – Sheikh El-zakzaky / A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.